It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America "Do Not Let CT Amend Our Constitutiion."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Was kinda hoping more peeps would be a tad bit more interested in this

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingsquirel
Exponent, where you live and your digressive anomaly with your recourse can be accuated by this: Google searches does not take into account that your country does not have a CONSTITUTION? So if you guys fathomed up a CONSTITUTION, let me know. No i am not getting away, just you have not come clean with the facts. So if you want to come clean, google. GOOGLE, U.K's Constitutiion, I would love to see it

I've already told you. The closest we had to a constitution was the Magna Carta, which your constitution is based off. We have a modern system of legal precedent.

and once you google that, then we shall be on the next step of education
, until then, plz dont hold your breath, and stop being -throwing "Red Herrings" my way. As Your quick google searches are not making me look stupid but, hmm mirror?
edit on 15-12-2012 by kingsquirel because: (no reason given)

I'm afraid you are showing yourself up here, by saying that the USA 'stopped slavery' and other such falsehoods you expose your ignorance. Your unwarranted attacks on me show that you do not wish to deny that ignorance, instead you embrace it.

Please, learn something: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by exponent

Exponent, where you live and your digressive anomaly with your recourse can be accuated by this: Google searches does not take into account that your country does not have a CONSTITUTION? So if you guys fathomed up a CONSTITUTION, let me know. No i am not getting away, just you have not come clean with the facts. So if you want to come clean, google. GOOGLE, U.K's Constitutiion, I would love to see it

I've already told you. The closest we had to a constitution was the Magna Carta, which your constitution is based off. We have a modern system of legal precedent.

and once you google that, then we shall be on the next step of education
, until then, plz dont hold your breath, and stop being -throwing "Red Herrings" my way. As Your quick google searches are not making me look stupid but, hmm mirror?

I'm afraid you are showing yourself up here, by saying that the USA 'stopped slavery' and other such falsehoods you expose your ignorance. Your unwarranted attacks on me show that you do not wish to deny that ignorance, instead you embrace it.

Please, learn something: en.wikipedia.org...

Ex, so once again you went with name calling to not digesting the intelligence of the post. So lets take this a step further shall we? The next step in this arguement is once the U.S. had a constitution and Britain did not, what was next? pretty easy my young Padawan, the next step if you had a brain would be having a Pulbic adminstration right? Not that hard, I would hope? So when did G.B. get onboard after Wilsonians did? Hmmm.. Ok, pretty sure you just ate some piss full of wheaties, and guessing right? Unless you know all, however i beg to differ with your "wiki' posts. So lets take a walk shall we in memory lane. America not only having a "CONSTITUTION" but a republic treats its administrators with dignity, from lets say 1930's up to Wilson and his words on what a public figure is. Hmm. what happened with G.B.? owe thats right it takes upto the 1970's with a die-hard named Rhodes, and this poor savy takes hits from everyone. So yet again i digress with America trying to institute a legit governement and every other nation state taking second. Sorry man, you and the things you speak are not making yourself look good are they? Unless half truths work?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
The level of technology that a civilian would need to defeat emerging military technology is impossible to obtain.

Guns apart from hunting should be illegal. There are plenty of target shooting simulations that can serve the same purpose as range shooting.

Just wanting to own a weapon isnt reason enough to justify it

Just wanting a car isn't reason enough to justify it either, more people are killed by cars than firearms. Or a knife which is responsible for far more murders than firearms are. Actually, who are you to tell me that I am not justified in owning a firearm anyways?

I do not hunt, nor to I shoot targets. However in my vocation I am required to have a firearm for pest control, would you deem that justifiable? At what point does the justification become unwarranted?

Legal, registered firearms for people who have taken adequate training and possess a license to own and maintain the firearms should not be taken away, period.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bronco73

The level of technology that a civilian would need to defeat emerging military technology is impossible to obtain.

Guns apart from hunting should be illegal. There are plenty of target shooting simulations that can serve the same purpose as range shooting.

Just wanting to own a weapon isnt reason enough to justify it

Just wanting a car isn't reason enough to justify it either, more people are killed by cars than firearms. Or a knife which is responsible for far more murders than firearms are. Actually, who are you to tell me that I am not justified in owning a firearm anyways?

I do not hunt, nor to I shoot targets. However in my vocation I am required to have a firearm for pest control, would you deem that justifiable? At what point does the justification become unwarranted?

Legal, registered firearms for people who have taken adequate training and possess a license to own and maintain the firearms should not be taken away, period.

Thank you, been wondering when legit citizens of the U.S. are tired of idiots telling them what their rights are

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Ex, so once again you went with name calling to not digesting the intelligence of the post. So lets take this a step further shall we?

Your text is so rambling and so badly punctuated that I literally am having a hard time even understanding what you are talking about. Are paragraphs too much to ask?

The next step in this arguement is once the U.S. had a constitution and Britain did not, what was next?

Nothing, our system of government was built before your constitution. It's seen similar amendments over time.

pretty easy my young Padawan, the next step if you had a brain would be having a Pulbic adminstration right?

You mean the House of Parliament? the thing that existed hundreds of years before even US colonies?

Not that hard, I would hope? So when did G.B. get onboard after Wilsonians did? Hmmm.. Ok, pretty sure you just ate some piss full of wheaties, and guessing right? Unless you know all, however i beg to differ with your "wiki' posts.

Incomprehensible.

So lets take a walk shall we in memory lane. America not only having a "CONSTITUTION" but a republic treats its administrators with dignity, from lets say 1930's up to Wilson and his words on what a public figure is. Hmm. what happened with G.B.? owe thats right it takes upto the 1970's with a die-hard named Rhodes, and this poor savy takes hits from everyone. So yet again i digress with America trying to institute a legit governement and every other nation state taking second.

Incomprehensible. The idea that America has led the world in government is laughable. You have a pretty much mandatory two party system.

Sorry man, you and the things you speak are not making yourself look good are they? Unless half truths work?

One quick read of any history book will show you that you are wrong. Ten minutes of reading Wikipedia. That's all it would take. Apparently it's too much to ask.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Ex, so once again you went with name calling to not digesting the intelligence of the post. So lets take this a step further shall we?

Your text is so rambling and so badly punctuated that I literally am having a hard time even understanding what you are talking about. Are paragraphs too much to ask?

The next step in this arguement is once the U.S. had a constitution and Britain did not, what was next?

Nothing, our system of government was built before your constitution. It's seen similar amendments over time.

pretty easy my young Padawan, the next step if you had a brain would be having a Pulbic adminstration right?

You mean the House of Parliament? the thing that existed hundreds of years before even US colonies?

Not that hard, I would hope? So when did G.B. get onboard after Wilsonians did? Hmmm.. Ok, pretty sure you just ate some piss full of wheaties, and guessing right? Unless you know all, however i beg to differ with your "wiki' posts.

Incomprehensible.

So lets take a walk shall we in memory lane. America not only having a "CONSTITUTION" but a republic treats its administrators with dignity, from lets say 1930's up to Wilson and his words on what a public figure is. Hmm. what happened with G.B.? owe thats right it takes upto the 1970's with a die-hard named Rhodes, and this poor savy takes hits from everyone. So yet again i digress with America trying to institute a legit governement and every other nation state taking second.

Incomprehensible. The idea that America has led the world in government is laughable. You have a pretty much mandatory two party system.

Sorry man, you and the things you speak are not making yourself look good are they? Unless half truths work?

One quick read of any history book will show you that you are wrong. Ten minutes of reading Wikipedia. That's all it would take. Apparently it's too much to ask.

Really? No reply with the obvious? Christ am I talking with a telemarketer? wow

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
The truly funny thing Ex, is i truly don't give a dam about U.K.- G.B. B, what I care about is America, and you are helping this post. (thanks). As Wiki works when your under pressure, however it does not work when i asked you so many questions and everything you have sent is arbritrary. Almost like a automated phone service would do. best

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about. Your posts seem to be rambling barely coherent streams of conciousness.

Is it too much to ask for you to take your time and compose your posts carefully? You haven't even spelt your name correctly for god's sake.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

The truly funny thing Ex, is i truly don't give a dam about U.K.- G.B. B, what I care about is America,

Maybe you should learn the actual history of your nation rather than some rose tinted patriotic nonsense where you invented law and saved the world from slavery.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about. Your posts seem to be rambling barely coherent streams of conciousness.

Is it too much to ask for you to take your time and compose your posts carefully? You haven't even spelt your name correctly for god's sake.

Cognitive dissonance comes to mind when dealing with you, yes I know you should probably wiki that too? lol. However your posts have less than a saturation point, they elaborate nothing further, and trying to figure out why i am still here? owe thats right, keeping this thread going thanks =EX!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

America not only having a "CONSTITUTION" but a republic treats its administrators with dignity, from lets say 1930's up to Wilson and his words on what a public figure is.

Unless they were black, you mean.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The lack of even rudimentary spelling and grammar skills, and lack of knowledge of what you are talking about, leads me to believe that you are not a native English speaker, i.e. a foreigner, so what is your incoherent babble trying to say?

Or maybe you are just in third grade?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

How are you going to stop a home invasion robbery with a simulation?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Fellow Brit here, we don't have many guns so we don't have many shooting related crimes. Do you see how this works yet OP or are you too busy polishing your M16 while an Eagle cries a single tear in the background?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I agree with the concept of the title of your thread. I read your initial post and a few of the incoming replies and disagreements.

There are a few people it seems that are trolling through many-many threads preaching their rights raping ideologies...all based on fear and terror...sad...really-really sad. The last time we responded like that...with fear and terror...we bent over and received the Patriot act...let us please not do that again...

I am a Libertarian...the Constitution is right up there with theological and philosophical texts to me in value and importance. Our Constitution was designed in such a way that it "could" be changed but it is very hard and should not be attempted with much thought and consideration. That is the way it should be. It is not supposed to be easy to change the Rights of the people.

I have decided to avoid arguing with emotional people today if possible. I felt empathetic pain and anguish for all those people yesterday, but I am capable of separating my emotions from my capacity of rational thought and critical thinking. Most people are not...so I will do my best to avoid getting into their fire and brimstone doctrines and just try to be nice and avoid them...Those that would alter the Constitution are just being emotional...they know not what they say or do.

And yes...that is both sympathetic...and condescending at the same time...
edit on 12/15/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Anyone else thoughts?

My thoughts are, our Constitution has been so amended over the last 200 years, and most of it in the last 50 years that our Constitution resembles absolutely nothing towards what the original once was. Don't be surprised if the second amendment is deleted and the first amendment will be right on it's heels. The first thing governments do before they establish tyranny is they disarm the people, after that comes freedom of speech.

Actually, understand the post, but was hoping for a more optimistic stance. Thanks

I wish something positive could come from all this but it will not. The Powers in control are just going to use this to push their agenda, they do it everytime a mass shooting occurs, pointing at gun control. Yet their type of gun control would leave us vulnerable to these madmen. What we need is less gun control, in the ability of citizens to carry firearms on them at all times and it should be a requirement. I guarantee you if everyone was packing heat there'd be less deaths, because a sane person wouldn't open fire knowing that a hail of copper would be flying back at them. Criminals already carry firearms, even convicted felons who aren't supposed to have access to firearms are still obtaining them. Why? Because of the Black Market. So the issue isn't gun control per se but rather, too much gun control. Our insanely Big Government, thinks it can control every aspect of everyone's lives but i am here to tell you brother they are f-ing it up more than they are doing any good. Their version of doing good will cost us more than we're willing to give and more than we can afford.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kingsquirel

What did Congress do yesterday while we were distracted?
Anything get signed? More bailouts?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

America do not let foreigners who not have a clue the rights you have, whom not the thought of what it is to bear rights, whom not the thought of free speach, whom not the thought of a country that granted you a right to lawyer, and jurisprudence, and the right for trial by your accusator.

YES, ITS THE BRITS ESPECIALLY WHO NEED TO KEEP THEIR NOSES OUT OF AMERICAS BUSINESS.

Frankly, Americans KNOW BETTER than to give up our rights like the Brits have done. Does anyone KNOW that if a gang of THUGS break into a Brit's home and RAPES their wife and daughter, that the man of the house will go TO JAIL FOR DEFENDING AGAINST SAID THUGS who broke into his HOME and is now RAPING his wife and daughter??? HE GOES TO JAIL FOR DEFENDING HIS OWN HOME, HIS WIFE, AND HIS DAUGHTER INSIDE OF THEIR OWN HOME!!!!

America doesnt need that CRAP. NO WAY. NO WAY!!!!! In America, those thugs would NOT even get close to HARMING the home owners wife or daughter. That threat would be NEUTRALIZED before ANY HARM has been committed.

Whats that popular phrase used by Brits? Oh yea, "PISS OFF". Thats WHAT they can do instead of minding Americas business.

edit on 15-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I wish something positive could come from all this but it will not. The Powers in control are just going to use this to push their agenda, they do it everytime a mass shooting occurs, pointing at gun control.

This morning on CNN a criminal lawyer made it very clear that the only gun control adjustment that would possibly stop something like this would be to ban ALL guns EVERYWHERE. Because in Connecticut you need a permit to purchase a gun, that means a background check including criminal record and mental health assessment together with a classroom training and a test. The guns used yesterday were legally purchased by the monsters mother.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join