It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hypocrisy of Gun Control Advocates

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by exponent

You argue in circles.
Safety vs. liberty.
We choose liberty.
Not your country, not your issue.

How can you 'choose liberty' if you keep slaves. Do you think slavery is liberty?

You didn't choose liberty, you chose self. You could have used this opportunity to learn about how your nation was founded, but instead you bought into propaganda.

Congratulations.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

In addtion My Grandfather flew Spitfires for your country out of Membury with the 64th wing before the world knew we were even in the war; don't even try with your pompous Brithish crap! You lost more men 449,000 God bless their souls and America lost 418,000, but we joined the war years later. I will repond to you no further; have a sip of tea you wanker!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Great Britain had slaves long ago as well. Slavery was outlawed long ago. Again we choose liberty.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Come on, the second amendment was written when the guns you had were muscats.
If you Really need to have a gun then show cause or reason like we do here in Australia. If you think you need semi or full auto guns then you are not thinking straight. Get rid of the assault weapons and watch the numbers of gun deaths drop.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LPOPranger

In addtion My Grandfather flew Spitfires for your country out of Membury with the 64th wing before the world knew we were even in the war; don't even try with your pompous Brithish crap! You lost more men 449,000 God bless their souls and America lost 418,000, but we joined the war years later. I will repond to you no further; have a sip of tea you wanker!

Your attitude is quite frankly, appalling.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LPOPranger

We built 22000 spitfires, there was ONE squadron of brave American volunteers in the RAF which was equipped with 12 of them.

We also wrote the requirement for the P-51 and let you have the R-R Merlin engine so it worked properly because the Allison it was fitted with was crap. Go have a burger and get a bit fatter, toss pot.

See, anyone can be an ignorant retard if they try, not just you.
edit on 16-12-2012 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Your Grandfather was a great man. Unfortunately you've turned out to be a bit of a moron, thinking America saved the world. If you haven't noticed we have quite different populations. WWII killed 1% of everyone living in the UK.

The fact that you diminish British efforts to nothing and think America did all the work just shows how ignorant you are. Pick up a book and learn something.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Oh that's perfect play the "Race Card"!! Please forgive me Gammer Nazi (I did not know I was in a spelling bee!) that I don't use spell check; is that the best you got?? You proved my point for me; uneducated "Libtard"!!!! Blinded by BS so they can feel better about themselves! What I siad was Fact look it up! Yours is emotional BS! I am done it is like talking to a brick wall; nothing worth hearing only silence!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Great Britain had slaves long ago as well. Slavery was outlawed long ago. Again we choose liberty.

Slavery was not outlawed before the constitution. Your constitution included slaves.

Explain to me how this is liberty. Explain to me how being the property of another person is 'liberty'.

The real reason you split is that we asked you to pay for your defence in the war, and you got all pissy. Learn your history and stop repeating 'liberty'. You segregated black people into the 20th century for god's sake. As a nation you have a lot to feel sorry for.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Buzzlighthead

Technology changes but our inalienable rights do not. We don't get our rights from our government.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Oh that's perfect play the "Race Card"!! Please forgive me Gammer Nazi (I did not know I was in a spelling bee!) that I don't use spell check; is that the best you got?? You proved my point for me; uneducated "Libtard"!!!! Blinded by BS so they can feel better about themselves! What I siad was Fact look it up! Yours is emotional BS! I am done it is like talking to a brick wall; nothing worth hearing only silence!

So let me get this right, you think that pointing out that America literally demanded segregation of their black troops so they couldn't mingle with their white troops is the 'race card'?

No, it's the 'You were a bunch of racist arseholes' card. Again, maybe you should pick up a history book. We're done here.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Buzzlighthead

Technology changes but our inalienable rights do not. We don't get our rights from our government.

You get your rights from the Bill of Rights (and other various sections). A document created and enforced by your government.

You are once again wildly wrong and massively ignorant about your own country. Learn something.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Again we choose liberty.

The safety vs. liberty dichotomy is a bit simplistic for a gun-control debate, no? Selling AR-15s to toddlers and allowing open-carry permits for nuclear weapons is consistent with a pro-liberty philosophy, but I assume you're not in favor of those policy proposals. I mean, without going into a prolonged history of the ratification of the Bill of Rights, you would still be open to discussing potential restrictions on gun ownership, right?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Yes we colonists are to be spit upon.

Your nation held slaves as well. Before you were ever born. Do you often feel guilty for things over which you had no participation?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Never meant to dimish the Brit's; I too have fought side by side with you! I am no where close to a moron my friend; but how much S*&^ do I have to listen too about America?? You folks verbally start a bunch of crap and them call foul when someone talks back! Never ever in a MILLION years said America saved the world! It was a group effort like you said! But, how about lightening up and the beat - up Amercia???? I agreed with you and stand corrected for being over zealous can you do the same?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

No you are massively ignorant. Our government does not give us rights period. Our rights come from nature and God.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

What facts have you actually said though??
You've simply shouted that America won the war all by itself, and that if it wasn't for America X Y or Z would have happened. You stated a quote by Churchill, which I can find nothing about anywhere, and anyway, why wouldn't women and children go into the subway when London was being bombed??

edit on 16-12-2012 by JohnR8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

Have some fish and chips and hide in the subways!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Yes we colonists are to be spit upon.

You mean the colonists we defended and that then demanded independence when we asked them to pay?

Your nation held slaves as well. Before you were ever born. Do you often feel guilty for things over which you had no participation?

I don't feel personally guilty. I wouldn't be stupid enough to claim that my country embodied liberty when we were going around taking over countries and enslaving people. Why are you trying to claim this?

No you are massively ignorant. Our government does not give us rights period. Our rights come from nature and God.

There is no god, and you are a secular nation with no recognised deity. You are really this ignorant about the US?
edit on 16/12/12 by exponent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnR8

NEVER EVER SAID AMERICA WON THE WAR BY ITSELF! Them are your words not mine! You beat the S*&% out of us verbally and them get all bent out of shape when someone pushes back. Winston's remarks are well documented; you did not look to hard.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join