It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one who smells a rat in CT?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Me too.

Both shooters were scary accurate with their shots almost like they were professionals (most victims were killed rather than wounded) How good is the average person on a target range? and these targets were moving.
They both bugged out to their cars but didn't drive away.
In both cases there were reports of more than one shooter.
In both cases it was a 'gun free zone'
In both cases the wittnesses reports could be challanged (Dark movie theater and 5/6/7 year old children)
Holms seemed drugged in his car when they found him,
Todays guy was found in his car and seemed 'dead'. (I don't think he pulled the trigger himself)

It occured in a small town where none of the victims would have the slightest chance of being someone 'important' (Remember the quotes from the other thread that show the contempt for the common man that the elite have)

edit on 14-12-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Doesn't read like a devilishly clever puzzle house media event.

A guy from China attacked 22 children with a butter knife.
Another named Adam kills 28 with a gun the same day.

President jumps in the water and cries?

edit on 14-12-2012 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by herrw

I posted this thread late last night.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's had almost no attention.

Yes this is odd and there seems to be a very nefarious agenda at work here... It just feels wrong.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Yikes, that quote from Atlas Shrugged and when you think about how many people illegally download stuff.. we pretty much are all criminals technically. If you ever downloading one song or one movie the federal penalty for a single offense is up to 5 years. I can handle a police state in the US if I can escape, lol.. If this becomes NWO applicable at some point though they wont have to hide that they own us anymore.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The reason the mother who was shot and killed wasnt on the list of teachers is because she was a pre k teacher there.

Again, for the millionth time, not everything is a conspiracy. Sometimes there is just chaos.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Laugh at me if you must, call me a way out there conspiracy theorist, but I believe all these guys (the Aurora, CO theater shootist, the Oregon mall shooter earlier this week, and the guy in Newtown, CT today, and others) are newer versions of Sirhan Sirhans if you will, new breeds of "Manchurian candidates" who are put in these situations to slowly garner sympathy in a bid for taking away all arms, 2nd amendment rights of law abiding citizens. This is just another link in the chain in the future facist state. The next step is martial law.

Why innocent children? Why innocent theater goers? Why mall holiday shoppers? They want to slowly instill in us that nowhere is safe, not elementary schools (they started with college shootings like Va. Tech), malls, movies etc. - all places where John Q. Public think they're safe. Their view is sacrifices have to be made, like 3,000 killed on 9/11 to justify the pointless Iraqi war so in the end the sheeple will meekly forgo their rights.

God help us all.
edit on 14-12-2012 by UnBreakable because: spelling

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
It looks like "they" are making sure there is a mass shooting spree in each section of the country, so that it hits "close enough to home" for the largest amount of our population. One in the middle of the country in Colorado, one on the west coast in Oregon, and now the east coast in Connecticut. Maybe somewhere in the south is next? I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

These are not random cases and anyone who thinks so, is living in a fantasy world

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The private weapons sector is big buisness. Nobody with power wants to end that.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The first part of herrw's post rings true with me.

Quote:
"I listened as the drama unfolded in CT, and as others seemed to be horrified by the news I tried to be horrified as well, but couldn't. I tried imagining my own son in that situation, or my three-year-old goddaughter, but the unreality of it wouldn't allow me to feel anything appropriate. In times like these, I analyze myself, to try to understand why I might feel the way I do. That's when it hit me: there is something very wrong here.

Think about it for a moment. This is perfect timing for a horrific event. We're gearing up for what is nominally considered to be the happiest time of the year. Children are extatic over the prospect of a tree loaded with presents. Carols fill the air. Then, suddenly, there's a horrific event to shock us numb."

I think back to 911 about the shock and fear that had me in a sort of ranting panic as I watched it unfold before my eyes. When Fukushima blew the numbness finally hit me. The world was now forever tainted by radiation that keeps pouring out of that accident. I felt that my spirit was crushed and there would only be a false hope for any future for myself and the rest of the world after that. The oppressive feeling is hard to describe. Ever since my spirit reached that breaking point, it's been daily shocks that keep me in that numb state were disbelief is forced to confront reality.

I can't say there is a CT in CT, but it is hard to comprehend when subjected to the thousand shocks that our 21st century flesh is heir.
edit on 14-12-2012 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Clairity

edit on 14-12-2012 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

My money is we will have a bill for some sort of gun control on his desk by Monday.

Yup. Becasue it was alreay written. Waiting for the right opportunity.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
People are going bats##t and it's going to get worse.I can't find a connection,but you can feel it.Maybe SSRIs, antisocial tendancies,who knows?
I will not alter MY existence for impaired behavior.Worse I will not surrender MY defensive posture and rely on an extremely deficient,delayed system to rescue me when I can do it myself. I don't need to help dealing with reality that would require the government to control my life .But the AR15,kill them,then kill self formula IS IN PLAY. Expect more.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
why does a shooter shoot?
Infamy in the case of a mass shooting.
Infamous as baby killers?
That's not cool infamy no matter how you look at it.
The biggest cowards in history?

Psychos kill for the thrill, control or revenge. Children are too easy and fit none of the bill.

There's what's wrong with the picture.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I have had mixed emotions about this event all day. I was emotional when it first happened. I, like most people, first reacted with my emotions "What if it were my kids?" "Those poor people, I feel horrible for them"...and I do. I have kids (now grown) but I felt real empathy...a solid ache in my chest.

But somewhere in there, my thinking started to move. First, I found myself getting a little angry that this tragedy was worthy of thousands of posts and hours upon hours of news time... and the death of innocent children in Drone strikes gets zero coverage. Civilian death tolls (not only children and not only drones) in Iraq and Afghanistan is somewhere close to 300,000 people. I found myself getting a little judgmental that we as a society gets all worked over this particular tragedy in Connecticut today and we have killed a hundred thousand times that many innocent people in a far away land...and no one really cares. It's not "our" kids when Uncle Sam pulls the trigger so what do we care?

Anyway...the more I thought about it...the more off the wall things I thought of.

Somewhere in there...I began to think...there is something wrong here...I couldn't put my finger on it. I wondered if this guy was a doomsdayer...figured the world is going to end in a week and just not care anymore. I fully expected (still expect) there to be more insanity the next week as next Friday approaches.

Then it hit me...Could this have possibly have been a set up? Could this have been a black ops type project? Who can defend freedom in the face of the death of the innocents? It took me hours to get there, but I finally asked the questions...

As I just stated, I expect more insanity as we approach the hoax doomsday of Dec 21, 2012...but...if some agenda has been started and is using this period of weak minded panic as an excuse...who knows what next week might hold...

OP...you said what I had began wonder but was afraid to actually say it. S & F...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
The reason the mother who was shot and killed wasnt on the list of teachers is because she was a pre k teacher there.

Again, for the millionth time, not everything is a conspiracy. Sometimes there is just chaos.

Could you provide a link to a school with her listed as faculty in Pre-K?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
From the Advocate article about the father:

While the road was taped off during the investigation Friday night, Geralyn Petrafesa, who has lived on the street for 14 years, said the lights were never on in the Lanza home, which was one of the few on the block not decorated for Christmas. Read more: www.stamfordadvocate.com...

What an odd thing for the reporter to focus on, no Christmas lights... Why bring that up?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
First, I would like to send my condolences to anyone that was actually a victim in the crimes committed today. Second, I agree with the OP that I smell a rat. I have smelt many rats in the last 4 or 5 shootings that have taken place. It all just does not add up. I mean we see more and more stories of how the police state is being set up and TPTB are more aggressive with JQ public. Yet, with that being the new tone set, why the laid back slow response to all the shooters? This has happened before so why is there not a special team or department that specializes in stopping these type of shootings ASAP? With all the new branches and powers of government being created and no one tackles this problem?
Also, no one with a CCW or an off duty guard or even a hero goes after one of these shooters or does something, anything, to stop him/her/they? I mean you have to live under a pretty big rock in the last few years to not have heard about some crazy random shootings that have happened. So do you do nothing to prepare yourselves if it just might happen to you one day?
One common occurrence with these shootings is almost every single one of the shooters has mental issues. Well perhaps its time to take a look at all the wonderful drugs that are being prescribed to people. Maybe, take a real long look at the side effects over time. We did not need it before, why do we need it now? I guess having mental issues makes you a better shot too. Because the kill ratio is pretty high for some random nutjob to hit so many targets.
If all this is for gun control, good luck with that. I will repeat, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.
If someone had a gun at that school and was trained to use it for defense, maybe the shooter does not kill as many alleged people. I say alleged for a good reason too, which will be my last point. Another similarity with a few of these last shootings, its always reported "at least" so many people shot. At least? Can we not count how many actual dead and wounded anymore? Is it illegal now to report facts? Why is there always no pictures/video? Everyone has a phone/camera right???

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by herrw

I am guessing you are by yourself with this thinking. Most of the worst Republicans probably don't think this is another of those darn Democrat hoaxes, a dirty trick to try and take your guns away. God, what is wrong with people?

And to the guy above who smells a rat? The rat here is a lunatic with a gun. What part about this don't you understand? And you will see gun control. Promise. If anyone was there & armed, they would have shot the kids too. Police kill more bystanders than criminals in shootouts in some cases. When the guys plan is to kill himself anyway - you have little chance to take him out before he does a great deal of damage with an automatic weapon.

It is idiotic to suggest this is some kind of a Liberal plot to force gun proponents into gun control. It makes as much sense as if I called the guy a Republican. No one would go so far as to make gun manufacturers responsible for their product. Don't be crazy. They are too well connected. Nobody is even suggesting a ban on assault rifles but if it were, is that what you'd call some kind of nasty trick? Or is it a pretty good compromise? We should at least get to vote on it and see how the people feel. Don't you agree?
edit on 15-12-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by Bilk22

Part of the problem with defending the Second Amendment is that proponents are sheepish in defending it based on the rationale of the Founding Fathers (anti-tyrrany)....as if to sound like a kook. Instead they focus on self defense (which is inalienable also) and hunting (which usually requires a license).

I agree fully, but it's not just about guns. Heck i don't even own a gun. This goes much deeper. I know it sounds crazy, but there's something very sinister going on and even though the changes seem to be happening fast, this was a work in progress for a very long time. Both republicans and democrats are part of it too. 911 greased the skids.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Ok, tin-foil hat time. Consider that this was carried out in a planned manner, with easily accessible guns. It is sounding more and more like an FBI informant provided the means, then failed to procure an arrest. And Obama fighting back tears on teleprompter? Really? Less than 6 hours and already calls for new legislation on NPR? Really? Cops were at the father's house (reportedly) at 0915 but the shooting didn't start till 0930? Really? Girlfriends in a purple van dressed as a nun? Please!

Someone tell me how I'm wrong to see this in this manner. Show me how the systematic dismantling of our shared national identity doesn't go into warp-drive over this.

I say again. Something is very, very wrong here.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
As i have previously posted
Governing America, are ruthless psychopaths.....
This is the most effective way to psyche out the masses and move the country towards totalitarianism.
There is definately some organisation to these various events......
This is the tactics of psywar,used against us.
The psywar dramas will continue till we are disarmed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join