It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women destroyed an advanced ancient civilization.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

Originally posted by spangledbanner

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
So women are currently supressed because they wrecked an ancient civilization ?

In the next round of civilization do women get to rule as men seem to be doing a fine job of wrecking not only this civilization but the whole world too.

Maybe women wrecked the last one?

Maybe women plan on taking back control on the 21st and they are keeping it quite.

I was just thinking there might be a better reason than the fact that men are jerks. And I find it strange that it seems to be geographic. The 'gaul' types from above italy from germanic, french area and UK all seem to treat woman more as equals. I was thinking something happened in babylon or maybe further east. Maybe there were femanists before and people got sick of them? Like really sick of them. Maybe men are just jerks.

I don't know about you man, but I noticed that American woman now in days, are effin crazy. Every last bit of them. (well not all but the majority). Seems like the quality of great American woman has been on a steady decline since the 1950s or so. (can't really tell you what year because I was born in 1987)

But I have noticed that nearly all the women my age (25) are more concerned with stupid reality TV shows, Celebrity tabloids, overpriced purses and boots, etc. Many superficial girls out there.

And hell, none of them can cook!
Why is it, that all if not most great cooks are men? (chefs)

At least the women in my family can cook. But maybe my spanish heritage is getting in the way of my perception on American women....?

The method of choice to keep Women on an uneven playing field is to have them do it to themselves.

They are taught that they are making choices when they are following unquestionably.

A feminine woman whom a man will "want" is going to have to wear heals and teeter along like a clown, go and spend a ton of money on her hair and nails and if any part is not perfect have it cut, sewn, painted until it passes a mans inspection.

She is taught by society she should ooh and aah over shoes and handbags and it looks cute and feminine.
Paining nasty chemicals on all showing parts and being afraid to be seen without it because without it OH NO she is natural like her Man. Going out of ones house without proper paint is nearly taboo.

The USA seems to have been heading in the right direction once, respect for being good at making a home and being a great cook and raising a respectful and healthy child balanced the fathers place in a home, it may have someday reached true balance, but nothing is left at this point.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

Good Thread OP, really like it - stared. The questions is, what would be the perfect balance in society with no gender being seen as inferior? I guess that's the tough one to tackle.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Just to add zest...

The jewish mysticism (kabbalah) describes the feminine aspect of divinity in the Shekhenah... and that all women have a direct identification with it (if even unconsciously). The tradition is that the shekenah acts upon earthly events in unseen ways, and that in marrying, a man gains an influence in this power. If he is to go on a trip, for example, he should make love to his wife and make sure she is happy and thinking positively of him after he leaves- this provides him with protection on his travels.

If they part on bad terms, or with her feeling unsatisfied, he may meet with nasty problems (which seem purely hazardous). When he comes home, he also needs to make sure to make love with his wife to thank the shekenah for her protection.

Don't know if that has any truth to it, but I definately asked myself th question as a young woman when I broke up with a guy (the father of my child) and I was very bitter... and he had a string of bad luck happen to him that was unbelievable! Like a drunk driver totalled his parked car, and then his (estranged) brother got all the insurance money... a bunch of things like that. I never did anything to him, but my thoughts were destructiv, that is for sure!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

I think the next generation who are young girls now will certainly be as violent as men. They will commit more violent crimes and have less of the empathy women have been known for.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

There are clues leading to an early prehistoric matriarchal society claiming women abused their power.

now men do in some societies.

Never ends

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RightlyCurious
Haha. Behind every successful man is a woman.

Maybe more to that saying then we think huh?

A lot more
"The Hand That Rocks The Cradle Is The Hand That Rules The World"

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

There are clues leading to an early prehistoric matriarchal society claiming women abused their power.

now men do in some societies.

Never ends

I don't know where the "abuse" aspect is in history but early civilization was definitely matriarchal in many areas. And, yes, religion is definitely a driver in that change. The god Marduk was invented as a companion to the goddesses that ruled early Sumeria. Marduk is essentially one of the biggest influences in the creation of the Judeo-Christian god.

There are some accounts in books I have the record up to 2,600 consecutive years without war when it was still a matriarchal society in both culture and religion. Signs of walled cities were practically non-existent until the invaders came, bringing their male pantheons and insisting that women were part of the problem, something that needed a "solution".

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
although i love women, and their instinctual love...

however i don't believe woman should be given too much power, in the years that i have been alive, i can sum up that the GENERAL majority of women are, Bi-polar, ruthless,controlling, manipulative, deceiving, power hungry, and treacherous beings.

in my experience with dealing with female supervisors in the past i noticed that they are surprisingly enough more aggressive and controlling than males, also dealing with my female co workers i would say about 60% of them have at some point or another used their body to gain some sort of leverage with their bosses.

during my middle school and high school years roughly 80% of all fights and incidents were some way or another tied to a female.

women love to be in control, however their decisions are generally guided by their emotions, and this is a huge flaw.

when i make a choice its generally guided by logic and common sense.

dont get me wrong i love women but i wouldn't doubt that they would cause a collapse of a society

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ooYODAoo
although i love women, and their instinctual love...

however i don't believe woman should be given too much power, in the years that i have been alive, i can sum up that the GENERAL majority of women are, Bi-polar, ruthless,controlling, manipulative, deceiving, power hungry, and treacherous beings.

in my experience with dealing with female supervisors in the past i noticed that they are surprisingly enough more aggressive and controlling than males, also dealing with my female co workers i would say about 60% of them have at some point or another used their body to gain some sort of leverage with their bosses.

during my middle school and high school years roughly 80% of all fights and incidents were some way or another tied to a female.

women love to be in control, however their decisions are generally guided by their emotions, and this is a huge flaw.

when i make a choice its generally guided by logic and common sense.

dont get me wrong i love women but i wouldn't doubt that they would cause a collapse of a society

JACKPOT

I agree! Star for you.
That's why I believe the US would be doomed if we had a woman president.
Just that one time when she is menstruating.... All pissed off at what not, send a nuclear warhead to some country because she broke her favorite Jimmy Choo heels.
Even maybe worse if she is on menopause!

Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and doesn't die.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

haha thats true man,

every thanksgiving at my mother in laws house it is always some sort of argument, they are always constantly trying to out do themselves and you can see the hypocrisy through their grins and smiles.

but in all fairness i should note that there is something about the female human species that i cant quite understand, how something so ruthless and cunning, can be so caring and gentle at times.

and i have seen many women show great feats of bravery and courage that not even a man could have accomplished.

we might have similar human characteristics but we would be blind to deny that they are completely different species than males

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Maybe war caused it?

One tribe would defeat another tribe in battle. They took the women of the defeated tribe as their winnings and oppressed them, leading to their daughters being oppressed and so on.

Maybe it is an insurance policy?

The defeated tribe offered up their women so their lineage could continue.
Promiscuous women with too many freedoms didn't feel they should take care of a kid and neither did the man.

IT isn't that things are getting worse. After all, when the country ws founded in 1776 nearly a third of all marriages were out of wedlock.

I think the most likely explanation is a difference in thought structure.

Think of it like this. Have you ever been the sole male in a group of three or four females and there is an issue at hand to discuss? The women will stick together in their opinions no matter what reasoning you got. Even if the numbers of men and women are equal, the women get the plan and disregard the plan to solve the issue put forth by the men.

I'll give you a story. One time I went to a bonfire with about ten friends of mine. The guy hosting it invited three girls. This is about one girl to three guys. each of the girls lived a 75 minute car ride away. i don't know what you think, but I and most people I know believe that is too far for a sturdy relationship to form. But as long as you get sex it doesn't matter right? But all of them had a "don't do until he says I do" attitude regarding sex. So weigh the costs and benefits. But I went to the fire expecting everyone to tell some awesome stories and maybe play a game of "Never Have I Ever" but instead everyone was acting as if their grandmother was present.

So one theory is that men and women are segregated so that men could focus better on their objectives in life.

But look at the FARC. That is a Colombian Left Wing militia group. Yes, it is on the State Department's list of terrorist organizations, but roughly a third of its members are women. The organization carries out operations regularly, oftentimes with success. In the off duty hours (described by journalist Gerry Leech) the FARC members, especially the men, are described as being more gentile and feminine rather masculine, abrasive and competitive with each other over who is strongest.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fakshon
reply to post by darkbake

I honestly doubt that. I have 3 sisters that don't know anything about what is going on around them and they are educated. Moreover, I know so many women with their priorities screwed up. I attend college and maybe 1 out of 20 women there actually know anything about what is going on in the world or around them. The rest are to caught up in garbage.

Oh, well I didn't mean the world you are thinking of. I meant the physical reality.
edit on 25-12-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

The method of choice to keep Women on an uneven playing field is to have them do it to themselves.

They are taught that they are making choices when they are following unquestionably.

A feminine woman whom a man will "want" is going to have to wear heals and teeter along like a clown, go and spend a ton of money on her hair and nails and if any part is not perfect have it cut, sewn, painted until it passes a mans inspection.

She is taught by society she should ooh and aah over shoes and handbags and it looks cute and feminine.
Paining nasty chemicals on all showing parts and being afraid to be seen without it because without it OH NO she is natural like her Man. Going out of ones house without proper paint is nearly taboo.

i dont agree.
i definitely adore feminine women and if they were painted up like you describe, they would lose their attractiveness.
there seems to be many more naturally feminine women in asia, which may explain why more and more males are seeking partners there.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ooYODAoo

gurdgieff would probably totally agree with you. i vaguely recall him writing that if you put woman first then man will be 5th or 15th or something.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join