It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women destroyed an advanced ancient civilization.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I have been shooting this theory around in my mind lately and I think I am on to something.

Religion seems to be all about limiting the power of woman in society. Both the christian and muslim religions especially, have been used to keep women beneath men. I wonder why that is. I know christian religion has changed with a progressive society but it that wasnt always the case at all. Women had their place and religion seems to be about keeping them there. Eve ate the forbidden fruit.

'Both muslim and christian women have been encouraged/forced to value modesty and cover up. I wonder why that is?

Before Rome existed the Etruscan's ruled that area. The Etruscan women were 'liberated' if you will, but men from other places were shocked by the Etruscan women and saw them as no different to a prostitute. The Etruscan women were very different to Greek women. Greeks kept their women in the house and they did not allow their women to participate in mixed-sex socializing.

Early Romans genuinely valued virtue. They also had a low opinion of Etruscan women. Romans saw Etruscan women as promiscuous and scandalous.

So we cant blame religion. It seems that men were keeping women down as early as the Greeks.

The pagans/gauls/celtics of continental Europe seem to treat woman much better. Western Society can be traced back through Rome to the Greeks and then I would go to Babylon.

I was intrigued when I watched the silent film Metropolis recently. In that movie, The Whore of Babylon is shown to be a cause of the wedge that is between the intellectuals and the workers during the construction of the Tower of Babel and in society in general.

I thought about that alot. Women do make men compete. Women do make men distracted. Many women squeeze it for all its worth.

So if you go back through muslim/christian society, Rome and Greece, we see women being kept in their place. Did something happen in Babylon maybe? I am sure that references to the whore of Babylon in the Old Testament are not referring to the Roman Empire. I think the Whore of Babylon may be 'liberated' women.

I am sure that something happened that made societies decide to give women a real glass ceiling. I am pretty sure they destroyed an advanced ancient civilization. Or were ancient aliens all misogynist's?

edit on 14-12-2012 by spangledbanner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I read the title and thought "yup, sounds about right" lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by spangledbanner

I am sure that something happened that made societies decide to give women a real glass ceiling. I am pretty sure they destroyed an advanced ancient civilization. Or were ancient aliens all misogynist's?

All you're doing is acknowledging that, historically, women have had the short end of the stick in society and then saying, 'there's no smoke without fire', so they must have done something to deserve this.

It's not much of an argument, to be honest. But then again, the 'they were asking for it' defence is thrown around a lot when it comes to the way women have been treated in society throughout history.

Rich, middle-aged white men seem to be intent on destroying Western civilisation at the moment. If we have a world left at the end of it, I suggest keeping any remaining rich, middle-aged white men in cages to stop them doing it again.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Women do make men compete.

Men don't need women to make them compete. Too many men are happy to get into a dick measuring contest about practically anything - even without women being around in order to 'impress' them.

I've seen it in practically ever facet of my life: (single sex) grammar school, work, bands sport &c.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Merriman Weir because: .

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Great Post.
I have often wondered this myself, What were they all so scared of?
The sky doesnt fall down when women are given equality.
I think its got to be connected to the fact that only women give birth.
What do you think of that theory?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

I guess.

I agree. Men arent much better than woman at all really.

edit- just kidding. I think we are all equally horrible.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LILY9
Great Post.
I have often wondered this myself, What were they all so scared of?
The sky doesnt fall down when women are given equality.
I think its got to be connected to the fact that only women give birth.
What do you think of that theory?

Yeah Im not sure.

Maybe they had a mass sex strike like woman in places like South Africa

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

reply to post by Merriman Weir

edit- just kidding. I think we are all equally horrible.

We're equally horrible and equally great. Some men are dicks, some women are dicks. Some men are the greatest thing in your life, some women are the greatest thing in your life. It doesn't fall on gender lines, more what kind a person they are, which runs across gender lines rather than with it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

Ive often thought that having access to contraception changes culteral norms over a period of time.
Woman are then less likely to be barefoot, pregnent and in the kitchen.
I cannot imagine what it must have been like for women to constantly bear children.
Exhausting for a start.
My grandmother had 9 children due to beeing catholic.
I wish I would have thought to discuss this with her before she died.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

That's one of the worst things about getting older, reassessing our relationships with our parents and grandparents. I'd lost all my grandparents by the time I was 11-years-old. I'd love to have been able to talk to them as adult-to-adult.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

reply to post by spangledbanner

Ive often thought that having access to contraception changes culteral norms over a period of time.
Woman are then less likely to be barefoot, pregnent and in the kitchen.
I cannot imagine what it must have been like for women to constantly bear children.
Exhausting for a start.
My grandmother had 9 children due to beeing catholic.

Yeah, And society does need babies. You just made me think of Octavian Ceasar and how he wanted to bring back the idea of the 'good' Roman woman of early Rome. Because Roman society had become hedonistic and not many people were monogamous and worse for Rome, not many had families/children. So Ceasar made it easier for people to be a couple than to be single ( kinda like now ). He also made it illegal to cheat on your partner.

And yeah, my Dad's mother was Irish and catholic. She had seven children. Pretty crazy. Maybe women are/were kept down so they dont choose career over children.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Haha. Behind every successful man is a woman.

Maybe more to that saying then we think huh?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The stupidest, most irrational, most desperate, most time wasted and the most masochist things I have done we're because of women.

Men lose IQ points when around attractive women.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The whore of Babylon has nothing to do with women at all. It's used a metaphor. Just like pretty much everything in the Bible is.

It's easy to bash the gospel without having studied it for umpteen years. There's a man called Chuck Missler, I highly recommend you listen to his explanation of revelation. It's easy to understand and concise. He doesn't get overly religious and uses scientific knowledge to back up his claims.

The beast that he saw was a metaphor for the powers that would rise and the women riding the beast was a political system that ensued.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
So women are currently supressed because they wrecked an ancient civilization ?

In the next round of civilization do women get to rule as men seem to be doing a fine job of wrecking not only this civilization but the whole world too.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

Men lose IQ points when around attractive women.

And they know it... If anyone thinks man are in power because they connived to get there and to hold on to it, they should consider that every man had a mother...

edit on 14-12-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
sensing a bit of chauvinism here.

Predetory Female by Rev. Lawrence Shannon

Check out this good read.

There are only two types of women in this world, Goddesses and Doormats.
-Pablo Picasso

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone

In the next round of civilization do women get to rule as men seem to be doing a fine job of wrecking not only this civilization but the whole world too.

Maybe women wrecked the last one?

Maybe women plan on taking back control on the 21st and they are keeping it quite.

I was just thinking there might be a better reason than the fact that men are jerks. And I find it strange that it seems to be geographic. The 'gaul' types from above italy from germanic, french area and UK all seem to treat woman more as equals. I was thinking something happened in babylon or maybe further east. Maybe there were femanists before and people got sick of them? Like really sick of them. Maybe men are just jerks.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joneselius
The whore of Babylon has nothing to do with women at all. It's used a metaphor. Just like pretty much everything in the Bible is.

It's easy to bash the gospel without having studied it for umpteen years. There's a man called Chuck Missler, I highly recommend you listen to his explanation of revelation. It's easy to understand and concise. He doesn't get overly religious and uses scientific knowledge to back up his claims.

The beast that he saw was a metaphor for the powers that would rise and the women riding the beast was a political system that ensued.

Oh yeah. wiki says its the Roman Empire. I was thinking liberated ancient women. Who knows?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone

Maybe women wrecked the last one?

Maybe women plan on taking back control on the 21st and they are keeping it quite.

I was just thinking there might be a better reason than the fact that men are jerks. And I find it strange that it seems to be geographic. The 'gaul' types from above italy from germanic, french area and UK all seem to treat woman more as equals. I was thinking something happened in babylon or maybe further east. Maybe there were femanists before and people got sick of them? Like really sick of them. Maybe men are just jerks.

I don't know about you man, but I noticed that American woman now in days, are effin crazy. Every last bit of them. (well not all but the majority). Seems like the quality of great American woman has been on a steady decline since the 1950s or so. (can't really tell you what year because I was born in 1987)

But I have noticed that nearly all the women my age (25) are more concerned with stupid reality TV shows, Celebrity tabloids, overpriced purses and boots, etc. Many superficial girls out there.

And hell, none of them can cook!
Why is it, that all if not most great cooks are men? (chefs)

At least the women in my family can cook. But maybe my spanish heritage is getting in the way of my perception on American women....?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join