It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women destroyed an advanced ancient civilization.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
ever notice, most commercials that feature families in them, the woman/wife tends to dumb down the father/husband....

Recent generations of men have been plagued with this. Women subcontiously see these things everday on television, and they begin to feature it in thier own lives.
I believe this is one of the main culprits of failed marriages. The main culprit of many children being raised without father figures.

Women seem to want to be the head of the household now in days rather than letting the man be the bread winner.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

Maybe it's just in male dominated war cultures women can really mess with the status quo by sleeping with the wrong warlord, offending some other warlord who had the hots for afformentioned woman and all hell breaks loose. Think Helen of Greece. I'm sure it's got a lot to do with male violence and hurt feelings really.

Men try and control the breeding behaviour of women, it's all animalistic stuff really.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
ever notice, most commercials that feature families in them, the woman/wife tends to dumb down the father/husband....

Recent generations of men have been plagued with this. Women subcontiously see these things everday on television, and they begin to feature it in thier own lives.
I believe this is one of the main culprits of failed marriages. The main culprit of many children being raised without father figures.

Women seem to want to be the head of the household now in days rather than letting the man be the bread winner.

I agree. There seems to be a complete shift back the other way for many women with so many going all 50 Shades of Grey.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It's possible that there was some message from ancient times about the masculine and feminine and the people decoding the message got it wrong and chose to suppress women instead of understanding the real point.

I read something about the real meaning of the masculine and the feminine somewhere but can't remember where it was....

The real feminine aspect had something to do with thinking long term... knowledge.. something like that.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheKeyMaster
It's possible that there was some message from ancient times about the masculine and feminine and the people decoding the message got it wrong and chose to suppress women instead of understanding the real point.

I read something about the real meaning of the masculine and the feminine somewhere but can't remember where it was....

The real feminine aspect had something to do with thinking long term... knowledge.. something like that.

Eeek I beg to differ.
There is no way possible that thinking logically and rationally is a main trait of women.

Are you saying that the the bible/torah garden of eden story where God proclaims that women will always be "lower" is not how it should have been?
If you believe anything or nothing at all in the Bible, please believe that part.

read that link of mine in an earlier post.
Predetory Female by Rev. Lawrence Shannon

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

Originally posted by spangledbanner

I am sure that something happened that made societies decide to give women a real glass ceiling. I am pretty sure they destroyed an advanced ancient civilization. Or were ancient aliens all misogynist's?

edit on 14-12-2012 by spangledbanner because: (no reason given)

All you're doing is acknowledging that, historically, women have had the short end of the stick in society and then saying, 'there's no smoke without fire', so they must have done something to deserve this.

It's not much of an argument, to be honest. But then again, the 'they were asking for it' defence is thrown around a lot when it comes to the way women have been treated in society throughout history.

Rich, middle-aged white men seem to be intent on destroying Western civilisation at the moment. If we have a world left at the end of it, I suggest keeping any remaining rich, middle-aged white men in cages to stop them doing it again.

Will you at least roll a TV up to the bars of my cage so I can watch Walking Dead?

I wouldn't want to miss where Carl has gotten himself off to yet again.
edit on 14-12-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
at the beginning, before there was an understanding as to just how babies came to be, in the times of the goddess, well...the women were thought of being godlike, and the men didn't have much of anything to do with procreation. but in time, their understanding grew, and they understood that it also took the male's contribution and they walked around the village wondering just which of the little ones were from them. they wanted to know, they wanted to play more of a part in their child's life. they wanted to pass what they had accumulated in their lives down to their children. that isn't possible if the women and men are playing the field though, is it?? so, the idea of marriage developed, one man, to one or many women, but hardly ever one women to many men... and as long as everyone respected the convenant of marriage, their rights as fathers could be honored also. but, well, how do you, as a male, ensure that the women is respecting the covenant unless you strip her rights away??

I think you are maybe half right....societies seem to fall apart once the concept of marriage loses that respect. children give men an incentive to build empires (big and little) to pass down to them,
but, there should be a better way to do this without stripping the rights away from women and making them basically property demanding obedience and servitude from them!! think it's called trust and respect.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheKeyMaster

Yeah, I was just thinking about the whole european pagan worship of the 'Goddess' and how that contrasts the further east you would go.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Oh how i laughed - A book by a reverend about predatory women. Bit like a wolf writing a book about predatory sheep. Where I'm from only the other day three christian ministers/priests were arrested for child abuse. Over the last ten years there's been thousands. Just google priests and child abuse and reel in horror at the number of cases.

Also just think back to times when the church was a major social entity and had the power to withold news stories or before the press existed. I'd bet in the history of the church ( all denominations ) the number must be in the millions.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

But you Communists would introduce community of women, screams the bourgeoisie in chorus. The bourgeois sees his wife a mere instrument of production. He hears that the instruments of production are to be exploited in common, and, naturally, can come to no other conclusion that the lot of being common to all will likewise fall to the women. He has not even a suspicion that the real point aimed at is to do away with the status of women as mere instruments of production. For the rest, nothing is more ridiculous than the virtuous indignation of our bourgeois at the community of women which, they pretend, is to be openly and officially established by the Communists. The Communists have no need to introduce community of women; it has existed almost from time immemorial. Our bourgeois, not content with having wives and daughters of their proletarians at their disposal, not to speak of common prostitutes, take the greatest pleasure in seducing each other’s wives. Bourgeois marriage is, in reality, a system of wives in common and thus, at the most, what the Communists might possibly be reproached with is that they desire to introduce, in substitution for a hypocritically concealed, an openly legalised community of women. For the rest, it is self-evident that the abolition of the present system of production must bring with it the abolition of the community of women springing from that system, i.e., of prostitution both public and private.

www.marxists.org...

In chapter 2 of the Communist Manifesto you see that many communists thought capitalism was bringing out the worst in women and the worst women. Maybe women brought down an ancient economic system? Or caused one to emerge? Or got the blame?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator

Men lose IQ points when around attractive women.

Can't lose something you never had....lol

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
reply to post by resoe26

Oh how i laughed - A book by a reverend about predatory women. Bit like a wolf writing a book about predatory sheep. Where I'm from only the other day three christian ministers/priests were arrested for child abuse. Over the last ten years there's been thousands. Just google priests and child abuse and reel in horror at the number of cases.

Also just think back to times when the church was a major social entity and had the power to withold news stories or before the press existed. I'd bet in the history of the church ( all denominations ) the number must be in the millions.

You ought to read the book.
I don't know why he has the title "Reverend"... Because he certainly does not seem like one based on the writing. Just read it, you'll see what I mean.

edit on 14-12-2012 by resoe26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Men lose IQ points when around attractive women.

Does that mean if a man chases unattractive woman he will gain IQ points?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Rich, middle-aged white men seem to be intent on destroying Western civilisation at the moment. If we have a world left at the end of it, I suggest keeping any remaining rich, middle-aged white men in cages to stop them doing it again.

Can you get anymore racist?

What does being a middle aged white man, have anything to do with it?

You may not agree with the OP, I dot really either, but it also seems like you only read half of the OP......

You bash the OP for what you believe is enabling a sexualistic view, and then YOURSELF move to the use of skin color.........bravo

Seriously?

edit on 14-12-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

This quote needs to be framed and hung up where everyone can see how liberals really think.

If you happen to be white, male or successful, the "liberal" considers you evil.

Whether it was women or not who destroyed an ancient civilization, it will be liberals who destroy this one.
edit on 14-12-2012 by lucid eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Well i gave it a quick google, wouldn't waste my time reading it to be honest. Seems to be mainly about how women have all the cards in the divorce courts, which doesn't seem to me to be entirely true. Way i see it if you end up with a predatory unpleasant wife, you deserved her. Maybe should have checked out her personality a bit more before getting hitched.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I am sure that something happened that made societies decide to give women a real glass ceiling. I am pretty sure they destroyed an advanced ancient civilization. Or were ancient aliens all misogynist's?

great topic

I was thinking a lot about.
To me - the most simple explanation is - the land!
Ownership of the land equals ownership and control of women. To get and to keep the land one needs strong and reliable tribe. What's better than make your own army, your own workers, loyal and dependant?? Inheritance is promissed and the power of the group. Blod is the bond, and the woman - you have to be 100% sure that there si no chance for intruders into her womb.
I dont think its about aliens or religions - powerful clans, tribes and families survived many centuries while paying a lot of attention to proper reproduction. (plus bringig and maintaining laws and regulations that wil support their ownership rights)
There are many examples in the history big and small. The bigest tribal atavism survived are - royal houses.
From my experience and observation, whenever something is achieved, that one family values much - elder members will try to control with whom their children match. (even in the most liberal environments - even more so because they value liberal views - of course)

edit on 14-12-2012 by Douriff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
reply to post by resoe26

Well i gave it a quick google, wouldn't waste my time reading it to be honest. Seems to be mainly about how women have all the cards in the divorce courts, which doesn't seem to me to be entirely true. Way i see it if you end up with a predatory unpleasant wife, you deserved her. Maybe should have checked out her personality a bit more before getting hitched.

Well of course you're suppose to check out her personality before getting hitched...
But also, don't most women change dramatically once the ring is placed on thier finger??

Takes a while for women to show thier "true colors" around thier significant other.
Seems like most aim to control the relationship rather than coexist in harmony. Hence Divorce.
And yeah, Mr. Shannon is correct, the majority of the time women have all the cards in everything because the court deems them weaker.

Police officers as well.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Douriff

great topic

I was thinking a lot about.
To me - the most simple explanation is - the land!
Ownership of the land equals ownership and control of women. To get and to keep the land one needs strong and reliable tribe. What's better than make your own army, your own workers, loyal and dependant?? Inheritance is promissed and the power of the group. Blod is the bond, and the woman - you have to be 100% sure that there si no chance for intruders into her womb.
I dont think its about aliens or religions - powerful clans, tribes and families survived many centuries while paying a lot of attention to proper reproduction. (plus bringig and maintaining laws and regulations that wil support their ownership rights)
There are many examples in the history big and small. The bigest tribal atavism survived are - royal houses.
From my experience and observation, whenever something is achieved, that one family values much - elder members will try to control with whom their children match. (even in the most liberal environments - even more so because they value liberal views - of course)

edit on 14-12-2012 by Douriff because: (no reason given)

Thats aweswome.

Its crazy how Rome is supposed to have stolen their first women with 'the rape of the Sabine women'. But yeah, I reckon you are right about it coming back to land and about women almost being somewhat of a commodity. Maybe women were treated badly because they were viewed by many as a commodity. I guess they still are in some places and by some people.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

The broader reasons why women are "kept in their place" is simple biology.

Men need to be able to control a womans womb in order to be able to have a greater chance of knowing that the offspring that come from it, (and that they the men are plugging all of their resources into ensuring the survival of) are their own. Before DNA testing there was no fool proof way to do this, so they did the next best thing... force, which was both hammered down and justified by social pressures and religion.

The other reason, is still biological, technically anyway, and that is "might makes right"; men are bigger and stronger and so have more leverage to enforce that dominance that they are reproductively motivated to enforce anyway.

The last reason, and in my opinion, probably the largest motivator, is that men are more afraid of a womans sexuality than anything else on this planet. This is how women control men and they know it. That control mitigates, or even completely negates their physical advantage, and can even allow a woman to manipulate a man in spite of all of the social and religious controls and limits on her behavior.

Judaism, which is where a lot of our modern mythology and sensibilities about this come from, came into power facing an opposition that included a very powerful, very rich, long established matriarchal religious paradigm. Part of why we have so much vehemence against women in the religions that you mentioned (not that there isn't plenty in others), is because they had to twist the contemporary mythology and make women bad in order to discredit that rival religion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join