It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something super weird is going on with the Oregon shooting....

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Yes indeed the appearance of such a heavy police presence on the scene so quickly was also fairly interesting especially since the Clackamas PD doesn't heavily patrol the area around the mall from what I've seen. But what would I know? It's not like I live down the street from the mall..... OH WAIT I DO LIVE DOWN THE STREET

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
reply to post by Ghost375

LOL silly no it's you that has NOT ONCE managed to refute anything I have asserted as a fact or as informed speculation. Not just that but you so adroitly outed yourself as someone who is more interested in spouting the party line then getting to the bottom of the subject at hand when you went on your semi automatic weapons have no business existing diatribe....

You ignored all of my points in the first post...ya know, the stuff in bold? I asked you several questions and asked you to explain your logic.

I never once said semi-autos have no business existing, don't put words in my mouth.
and wtf party line am I spouting? I don't belong to either party.
I'm starting to think you're just a moron.
edit on 12-12-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
Who the F cares. My world doesn't revolve around thing like this.

*points to sign*

This is a conspiracy site.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Yes indeed the appearance of such a heavy police presence on the scene so quickly was also fairly interesting especially since the Clackamas PD doesn't heavily patrol the area around the mall from what I've seen. But what would I know? It's not like I live down the street from the mall..... OH WAIT I DO LIVE DOWN THE STREET

I know what you mean. I'm in a rural area. If SWAT showed up that fast here on a scene, I'd be completely astonished.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

I know what you mean. I'm in a rural area. If SWAT showed up that fast here on a scene, I'd be completely astonished.

So what's the big conspiratorial reason they got there so fast? either of you?
Are you trying to say that an entire swat team knew about a mass murder, and just sat around waiting for it to happen? Is that your accusation?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I've read it all too. What are you wanting me to quote?

Again, why does it matter?

Why is it scary that people are making connections? They are simply discussing a conspiracy, on a conspiracy website. I saw your post, that you are about denying ignorance. How does simply reading and posting news clips, articles and yes, some opinions (that may or may not be unfounded) on this matter equal ignorance?

The OP introduced the fact that a photographer at the scene included the Century theater in their pictures. Okay, no big deal...but it did bring back a memory of the Aurora shooting. The OP did not say "OMG, gaiz, listen, this is like the exact same thing as Aurora! #ManchurianCandidate!!" No, the OP came on here and said
"Am I seeing connections where there are none or could there be a link?" No harm in that.

Varied accounts - were there numerous shooters? Or just a lone gunman? Who were they following to an apartment if the shooter was dead in the mall? These, among others, are questions that have been posed, that certainly are not ignorant. They are valid questions and do not have to pertain to a conspiracy to be relevant to this thread. People are making connections to the JH case, because some of the initial reports sound very similar to those coming out of Aurora in July.

Another thing you overlooked was that someone actually posted, (prior to the identity of the shooter being released) that it could be a 17 year old that was arrested in Oregon just days ago, who had a collection of weapons and a hockey mask. That too, is not an ignorant or invalid proposal to make.

There has been discussion of fingerprinting and gun control. Even if there is no conspiracy and this has absolutely not been set up, the media chooses how they portray things and one of the first interviews I saw on CNN regarding this revolved almost entirely around the issue of gun control.

That said, I actually agree with you about assault rifles. I don't see their purpose. I have grown up around hunting rifles, pistols and shotguns my entire life as well as avid hunters and sportsmen, and have never seen a use for assault rifles.

I am not one of those people that say "Get off the thread if you don't like it here!". You have a right to be anywhere you would like, and contribute to any thread on this site, however, if you are truly here to simply call people ignorant and if you dislike this topic so much, why would you choose to stay here?

We're not hurting anyone by talking.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

This wasn't a rural area. The Sheriff's Dept. is on the next block. There are many other agencies located on the east side of town, as well.

I wonder, what an accepted period of time would be for response?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
so if you had actually read and assimilated the body of facts and informed speculation within my several posts those questions you asked were answered quite plainly all except for one...

Why wouldn't they try to make a good backstory if it was a conspiracy?

Quite frankly THEY DON'T HAVE TO because regardless of how much the incident reeks of something not being right there will be enough people that will BEG the government to TAKE MORE OF THEIR FREEDOMS!!!

As can be plainly seen from the lack of public outcry about the "christmas tree bomber" which even the federal government admitted was something so far above entrapment that it probably needs it's own name.

All of this is public record yet people still tout the federales "stopping" the christmas tree bomber as justification for their loss of freedoms and the insane spending the national security apparatus now consumes...

So why again would they bother with a coherent or really airtight backstory and narrative ?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Yep something super weird is surely going on the sensationlism, the conspiracies are abound.

Guns are evil say on side that turns around and says abortion is a "civil right"

One side wants to ban guns and body armor the body armor did not exist in the latest case in Oregon, and the weapon in question was stolen.,

Why that group who says ban guns and body armor never seem to give one crap about banning coathangers.

Thats right people more people die from abortion that gun violence but who cares right?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
From his Facebook profile....

Facebook

I like to think of myself as a bit of an adrenaline junkie... Yup that's right I'm a junkie lol.

I'm the kind of person that is going to do what I want. There is no reason for another person to tell you what to do, I'm the conductor of my choo choo train. I may be young but I have lived one crazy life so far.

Who buys a breathalizer for the Hell of it?... I do haha

He dated a girl named Brittany Curry. In a radio interview, a friend of Jacob Roberts said that he was upset over his break-up with Brittany.

The guy also never knew his parents....

CNN

Roberts told Curry that his mother died at childbirth and he never met his father, she said. He left his maternal aunt's home at age 14, Curry said.

"He raised himself," Curry said. "He was doing it all on his own."

A friend from high school, Jordan Salazar, said she understood that Roberts' parents were not present in his life.

No conspiracy here folks. This is a story about a kid who has no family, likes to shoot at things and loves adrenaline. He is crushed/depressed because his girlfriend leaves him & she is now dating someone else. He feels like crap and he goes to the one crowded place that sure to have easy targets.

Its more fun to believe in crazy conspiracy theories but, reality is reality.

EDIT: Additional info. Former roomate says Roberts had sold all his possessions and had plans to move to Hawaii but, he had missed his flight and for reasons unclear, those plans went south.

Asked whether Roberts may have been depressed and might have just snapped, he replied, "I think that's exactly what happened."

Source (Friend Interview)
edit on 12-12-2012 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by TheGreatest

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective

Not everything is a conspiracy. Some people are just f---ing nuts.

Your on the wrong website then, no?

There's a difference between being on the lookout for conspiracies....and being stupid.
There are PAGES of comments wondering why someone would target malls and movie theaters FFS!

Oh Jeez. Let me show you the way over to the CNN news site then.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

This wasn't a rural area. The Sheriff's Dept. is on the next block. There are many other agencies located on the east side of town, as well.

I wonder, what an accepted period of time would be for response?

I'm still not buying that SWAT can show up that fast in gear. But since others have announced that there's no conspiracy here, and are going on and on about how silly everyone is, (even though we ARE on a conspiracy site) maybe we should all stick our heads in the sand and accept that this is just some regular shooting and move on.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

Thank you for posting that information.

It gives a much better picture of the man behind the madness. Sounds like he was a sad kid going through a tough time, which bothers me more than any conspiracy theory could.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacktorrance

Why is it scary that people are making connections?

My point is they are NOT making connections and there aren't a ton of crazy coincidences.

People just keep saying and repeating there are a bunch of coincidences but they are NOT listed in this thread.

I don't know what you people are seeing. Please quote or explain the crazy coincidences you are seeing.
There's a couple of laughable connections, like they both used guns.... but that's all there is in the thread.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The things OP pointed out are pretty strange. I don't care what anybody says, there's always something eerie about these shootings.

But I find this strange too. He had an AR-15, and he only managed to nail three people? Did Michael J. Fox give him shooting lessons?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

How long before the SWAT teams arrived? I haven't seen a time posted anywhere, just speculation that they arrived "in minutes" ... what is true is that the first law enforcement officers arrived within minutes and did not wait for SWAT to arrive, they proceeded into the mall. So SWAT arrived sometime later. Still wondering what an acceptable response time is?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It was announced it was definitely not a terrorist attack. So how come amiable Tea Partiers can be called potential terrorists but a guy in a mall in a very liberal town can't be called a terrorist.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jacktorrance

Another thing you overlooked was that someone actually posted, (prior to the identity of the shooter being released) that it could be a 17 year old that was arrested in Oregon just days ago, who had a collection of weapons and a hockey mask. That too, is not an ignorant or invalid proposal to make

and then they used this "information" as evidence that there was a conspiracy since the person was only 17, they must've been given a gun.
Do you see where it crossed the ignorant line?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

My point is they are NOT making connections and there aren't a ton of crazy coincidences.

Okay, then let me rephrase. Why is it scary that people are discussing certain things surrounding this shooting, and relating similarities to recent shootings? Even if the only similarities you've seen discussed are the fact that they both "used guns and wore masks"...they are still similarities and people have every right to discuss them.

I did provide information from this thread that you have overlooked or simply chose not to address. That is also fine. You don't have to reply back to every single thing on this thread. But there were plenty of good talking points, some that didn't suggest a conspiracy, that have been included in these pages.

And in regards to the post about the shooter being 17 and the possibility of him being given a gun.. I will admit I did not actually see the post where someone claimed that was an oddity. Despite reading each page, I probably overlooked that accidentally. To me, it wouldn't seem strange that a 17 year old had a gun in the first place. My brother is 15 and has owned more than one gun. Though he hasn't owned an assault rifle, I wouldn't see how it would be difficult to steal one or purchase one illegally. So no, I personally don't see a conspiracy there.

My entire point however, has consistently been that if you believe this thread is nonsense or ignorant, why do you choose to engage in discussion? I personally have been nothing but polite to you, (and while I admit that it's hard to discern someone's attitude via text), you seem to be getting incredibly agitated as this thread gets longer, all the while contributing to it's growing page numbers.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Even if the Aurora shooting was more than it seemed why can't this event which really seems to be a copycat event simply be a copycat?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join