It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something super weird is going on with the Oregon shooting....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I just got in and took a look at CNN and I saw the story on the shooting that happened a few hours ago. When I clicked on the story though, my mind was blown. The reason why? This is what I saw...

and this...

And my mind - as if completely programmed to recall this image went directly here..

Come on now... I grew up in Aurora and all will agree that the proximity of the Aurora Century 16 theater to Aurora mall is a parking lots distance. It's basically a part of the mall...

Just a few months later there is a shooting at a mall which happens to house the same theater? And according to the ongoing thread on ATS the movie theater wasn't even evacuated for a while.

To top it all off the shooter was wearing a Guy Fawkes mask...?

Am I seeing connection where there is none or could there be a link between these events?
edit on 11-12-2012 by unphased because: (no reason given)

ETA:

Some reports describing his appearance:

Amber Tate said she was coming out of Macy’s and standing by her car when she spotted a gunman, who was wearing a camo shirt and what looked like a bulletproof vest. Tate said he looked like a teenager.

Source

Remind me wasn't James Holmes wearing armor too? And what kinda gun was Holmes shooting again...?

They were both shooting Semi Auto rifles. Used to be shootings took place with a pistol because even though civilians can buy, a lot of civilians aren't experienced with a semi auto.

Also, how did this shooter fire 60 rounds from an AR-15? If he was 17 as once reported (then removed) then how'd he come across an AR and at least an extra clip - and possibly a pistol (to kill himself with).

ETA2: Also note the similarities. Initially it was 3 men in reported in both shootings, and then it became a lone gunman.

The shooters appearance has continually changed as well.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
12-12-2012

1+2+1+2+2+1+2= 11.

Tis the season'

S&F

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
No you are seeing a connection. Something is going on...this is not a coincidence.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Very interesting.

Could be a connection... but why theaters and malls?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by unphased

Dear unphased,

S&F. Clearly there are some similarities and you have picked up on a few. Over the next few days we may find more. We may find that the shooter had fixated on what happened in Aurora or some other things that they had in common.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I don't think he was wearing a Guy Fawkes mask, I only heard that here everywhere else they've said he had on a Hockey Mask, or a white hockey mask resembling the "Jason" mask.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I totally agree...what if anthing became of the rumoured NYC shooting? www.ny1.com...
edit on 11-12-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

+35 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Here is a full list of Century theaters. They seem to be the standard to the west.

Here in the south we tend to have AMC theaters everywhere. Every mall in the area I live in, with few exceptions, houses or is near an AMC theater.

Picking malls or theaters as specific targets is, IMO, simply choosing the target of opportunity. Places where large numbers of people will be gathered, distracted, and focused upon things other than paying attention to their environment.

While the images are eerily similar, I would submit that they are merely incidental to the nature of the act itself.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CraigSnedeker
Very interesting.

I think there could be many agendas by doing it in these settings with a certain type of suspect.

-I haven't read much about the suspect yet, if there is anything out, but if the Guy Fawkes mask is confirmed we could say that he was programmed like Holmes to attack civilians. Next thing you know the media will report he had an ATS account like Laughner and was an Anonymous sympathizer.

-Gun Control

-Body scanners in malls and movie theaters

-TSA on the streets

There are lots of things that could be going on and I need to know...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by unphased

Originally posted by CraigSnedeker
Very interesting.

I think there could be many agendas by doing it in these settings with a certain type of suspect.

-I haven't read much about the suspect yet, if there is anything out, but if the Guy Fawkes mask is confirmed we could say that he was programmed like Holmes to attack civilians. Next thing you know the media will report he had an ATS account like Laughner and was an Anonymous sympathizer.

-Gun Control

-Body scanners in malls and movie theaters

-TSA on the streets

There are lots of things that could be going on and I need to know...

Good point. They have been pushing to get TSA check points in malls, I remember reading that a few months back. This would be the perfect agenda to push it into actually happening.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The connection is: Gun, Shoot, Man, Innocent People, Public, Media, Developing Story, More News, New Information on the Gunman, and so on and so on.

There is no end to the connections. It's life and it's all relative.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I agree there is definitely a twist going on here.

Yes, how did the mask go from Hockey mask (like Jason), to Guy Fawkes Mask (like V) to
a black ski mask?

Who is giving such varied accounts to the media?

How did it go from 3 people involved to 1?

I too heard them keep bringing up the theatre.
Imagine my suprise that it's another Century 16.

And the descriptions come from well known movie memes after.
The people that the media are given to talk to are key to fixing the storyline.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Monkey see, monkey do.

IMO, I think the photographer also noticed the theater at the OR mall shooting and wanted to capture it in his photographs as a subliminal reminder to the Aurora shooting. The images from that night have no doubt been seared into the minds of those that saw the images.

Nice find though! You could very well be onto something.

What about the correlation between Aurora shooter shouting "I'M THE JOKER!" trying to garner the attention of his victims, to the OR shooter doing the same thing only using the phrase "I'M THE SHOOTER!"

Keep track of these little similarities and you might just find the answers you're looking for. KEEP IT UP!
edit on 11-12-2012 by MmmPie because: to add

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Here is a full list of Century theaters. They seem to be the standard to the west.

Here in the south we tend to have AMC theaters everywhere. Every mall in the area I live in, with few exceptions, houses or is near an AMC theater.

Picking malls or theaters as specific targets is, IMO, simply choosing the target of opportunity. Places where large numbers of people will be gathered, distracted, and focused upon things other than paying attention to their environment.

While the images are eerily similar, I would submit that they are merely incidental to the nature of the act itself.

~Heff

Large numbers of people at a mall at 3:20pm on a Tuesday? Why not wait til Saturday? Since he's all big and brave with his AR-15, I mean it's the holidays so Saturday at 3:20pm woulda been perfect..

I dunno man.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
You have to wonder how some guy wearing all black and a black ski mask carrying a rifle manages to get to the
second floor food court without alerting any mall security.

Did he enter from the theatre?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Unless there was someone at the mall that particular day that was meant to be a victim?

Speculation.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter
You have to wonder how some guy wearing all black and a black ski mask carrying a rifle manages to get to the

He was on the second floor? Damn, that is interesting. Very interesting.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

He's an effin ninja at getting into the mall but kills only 2..? After firing "40-60" shots.. (we'll learn the real number later I guess).

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

That is a rational question.

The point is that overlaying a template of rationale upon an irrational person or an irrational act is irrational in and of itself.

Today could have significance in the shooters world. A triggering event could have happened recently. There are any number of factors that could have contributed to the timing. Factors that may not be rational, to the rest of us, at all.

At any rate, we won't have enough of an information pool to form theories until the shooter is identified and information about him begins to leak. That is likely not going to happen quickly as the Feds have learned and now wait to publicly ID the shooter until after they've cleansed the suspects online tracks. The odds of their being a FB or Twitter feed for us to access, once the suspect is ID'd is very low.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

That is a rational question.

The point is that overlaying a template of rationale upon an irrational person or an irrational act is irrational in and of itself.

Today could have significance in the shooters world. A triggering event could have happened recently. There are any number of factors that could have contributed to the timing. Factors that may not be rational, to the rest of us, at all.

At any rate, we won't have enough of an information pool to form theories until the shooter is identified and information about him begins to leak. That is likely not going to happen quickly as the Feds have learned and now wait to publicly ID the shooter until after they've cleansed the suspects online tracks. The odds of their being a FB or Twitter feed for us to access, once the suspect is ID'd is very low.

~Heff

When we find out who the shooter is, I can't wait to find out if he had a job.. If he had a job, then 3:20pm going to shoot up a mall sounds like either a hit, or a program.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join