It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stories of Jesus in Islamic tradition.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
God indeed devoured and destroyed through Mohammad.

Oh .. Mohammad devoured and destroyed alright. But it wasn't the work of God.

It was for Mohammads own political gains ... all his murdering and thieving ...

Mohammad was an agent of God, who works through His prophets.

He was an agent of someone alright. But it wasn't God.
He was an agent FOR HIMSELF and his own glorification.
It's pretty darn obvious.

The only enemies Mohammad killed were the enemies in battle and those who broke treaties.

Not true. Absolutely false. He murdered his political opponents. He murdered a poetess who dared to write poems exposing Muhammad for what he was. And those 'battles' he arranged were against innocent people who wanted nothing to do with his cult which was based on his false assertions of divine visitations.

Telling lies about divine visitations .... not exactly a holy thing to do.
I'm sure it made the devil very happy.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

The locations mentioned in Isaiah 42.... "Kedar and the wilderness" are a DIRECT reference to a son of Ishmael... and the wilderness that Ishmael was sent to. Therefore its much more likely that the "inhabitants of the rock" are the people in Arabia who used to carved houses out of mountains (thamud), like in the pictures I posted. Besides Arabia is well within biblical territory... Mt Sinai was in Arabia. So it shouldn't be surprising that God raised a prophet in Arabia.

You must have missed one of the other verses I posted earlier.

Isaiah 16:1

16 Send ye the lamb to the ruler of the land from Sela to the wilderness, unto the mount of the daughter of Zion.

Now, let's take a look at another verse about the "wilderness"...

"The word of God came to John the son of Zechariah in the wilderness; and he went into all the region about the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. As it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet, "The voice of one crying in the wilderness: Prepare the way of the Lord, make His paths straight." (Luke 3:2-4 RSV)

Maybe this link will help you to understand the different use of the term "wilderness" in the Bible.

www.keyway.ca...

As for David, he had NOTHING to do with "Kedar and the wilderness" and had nothing to do with the idolaters of that region.

I think I've already proven that he did based on the definitions I gave you above and in earlier posts.

The only thing that Isaiah 42:11 points out is that there were/are Kedarites living in the region, which I already proved earlier.

First of all, I think we both made a mistake in thinking Isaiah 42 had been fulfilled in the past. Secondly, the following verses of Isaiah 42 can only pertain to Jesus...

Isaiah 42

42 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.

3 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.

4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

We all know that Jesus is the one who's coming back to set justice throughout the earth and we know he was the ONLY one who was given as a COVENANT of the people. Jesus created the New Covenant with the people through his death on the cross, not Muhammad.

I think if we continue to study the rest of Isaiah 42, that we'll find that since it speaks of Jesus, speaks of being patient until the time of wrath, that the events are ones that are going to play out in the future. After the Anti-Christ has established himself in the region, bringing his idols with him and for Jesus to wipe out upon his second coming.

9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

14 I have long time holden my peace; I have been still, and refrained myself: now will I cry like a travailing woman; I will destroy and devour at once.

15 I will make waste mountains and hills, and dry up all their herbs; and I will make the rivers islands, and I will dry up the pools.

16 And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

I think the last few verses might be the most telling of the timing involved in Isaiah 42...

22 But this is a people robbed and spoiled; they are all of them snared in holes, and they are hid in prison houses: they are for a prey, and none delivereth; for a spoil, and none saith, Restore.

23 Who among you will give ear to this? who will hearken and hear for the time to come?

24 Who gave Jacob for a spoil, and Israel to the robbers? did not the Lord, he against whom we have sinned? for they would not walk in his ways, neither were they obedient unto his law.

As far as I know, we haven't reached a point yet where Israel has been robbed and spoiled and NO ONE wanted to restore it, so we could be looking at future events here.

We know this will be when Jesus returns. When Jesus returns, all of the voices of the world who believe in Christ will be rejoicing and shouting from the mountaintops as spoken of in verse 11.

edit on 13-12-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

As for Israel being the chosen people... their "chosenness" was only conditional. It depended on Israels obedience. And no nation in the bible has been warned of chastisement more than Israel.

Their choseness was not conditional, he made them to be what they were, that was the entire reason for him choosing them. They were disinherited from the land because they were rooted to the land, they refused to go spread the light of God and then they defiled the land. Because they didn't do their jobs he exiled them and took a people for himself from the gentiles to do that work until they were ready for that duty themselves.

Also it is INSANITY to think the Jews "killing" of Jesus was a fulfillment of priestly duty. Their intention was to kill him and silence him, not to make a ritual human sacrifice to God.... and here you are exalting the "killers" of Jesus?

Not insanity at all, how many times do i have to show you Isaiah 53 until you begin to understand it? How many times do you have to read Genesis 22 and see that Isaac was made to carry the wood he was to be offered up on (as Jesus carried his cross) but Abraham said God would provide a sacrifice of his own. Read between the lines skorpie. How many times do you have to read Exodus 12 where the Passover lamb was slain to cover the doorways of the Israelites dwellings (doorways to their hearts) to protect them from God's wrath? The Torah and Tenach were fulfilled by Jesus, the books were all prophecy of him, everything in there had to do with him it was all for him. How many times does Jesus have to say he is the Alpha and Omega (Rev 1:8, 1:17-18)?

Isaiah 43:3

3 For I am the Lord your God,
The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I gave Egypt for your ransom,
Ethiopia and Seba in your place.

The Holy One of Israel is the Messiah skorpie!

Isaiah 44:6

6 “Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel,
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
‘I am the First and I am the Last;
Besides Me there is no God.

The Holy One of Israel is also the King of Israel skorpie and besides him there is no God. Here' They are speaking as One.

Isaiah 45:11-13

11 Thus says the Lord,
The Holy One of Israel, and his Maker:
“Ask Me of things to come concerning My sons;
And concerning the work of My hands, you command Me.
12 I have made the earth,
And created man on it.
I—My hands—stretched out the heavens,
And all their host I have commanded.
13 I have raised him up in righteousness,
And I will direct all his ways;
He shall build My city
And let My exiles go free,
Not for price nor reward,”
Says the Lord of hosts.

Here again They are speaking as one.

Did you know that the Ark of the Covenant was symbolism and prophecy of God coming in the flesh of a man? That a man would bear the complete presence of God? The ordinary wood, overlaid by gold symbolising the man overlaid by Divinity? Allegory skorpie, words that have spiritual meaning.

What did Jesus say?

John 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

Do i have to faceroll you in this stuff before you get it? Dude LOOK at it. Dump your lying book of Quran, THAT is your reason for confusion. You CANNOT serve 2 masters. Hot or cold skorpie, you can't say yes to Jesus and yes to Satan, choose one or the other, if you choose both Jesus will spew you out of his mouth and out of his kingdom as if he never knew you. Muhammad or Jesus skorpie thats your choices. Choose God or a man.
edit on 13-12-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by Aesir26

Properly understanding gematria, Esau עֵשָׂו , value 376 is also Nazar(ene) נשיאיה value 376.
This is important.

How is comparing Esau to Nazarene important?

Re: Arcturus of the constellation Bootes. Bootes is known as the "the Cattleherder/Shepherd" who "gives the boot(e)s" to Serpens Caput ("caput" slang for die; fail; be crushed/ serpens is "serpent)

"He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel." (Gen 3:15)
("Jacob" literally means "Heel-Catcher")

Genesis 3:14-15

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Yes, the Bible shows that Jacob's descendants would bruise the heel of Esau's descendants. Same between Isaac and Ishmael.

So, tell me again what your point was?

Hi Deetermined,

Prophecy in the name of El Elyon of the Coming of Esau to overthrow the Rule of Jacob: (Gen 27)

"And Esau said unto his father, Hast thou but one blessing, my father? bless me, even me also, O my father. And Esau lifted up his voice, and wept.
And Isaac his father answered and said unto him, Behold, thy dwelling shall be the fatness of the earth, and of the dew of heaven from above;
And by thy sword shalt thou live, and shalt serve thy brother; and it shall come to pass when thou shalt have the dominion, that thou shalt break his (Jacob's) yoke from off thy neck." (Gen 27:38-49)

Esau is the son of Edom, which scholars know to be the "son of Adam", which means, "the son of Man".
This is not conjecture, but is indisputably so. All that has been said can be backed up with fact.

Understanding gematria is critical to the proper understanding of the bible. Letters are alphanumerical: this ancient esoteric system has been obscured over the ages. St. Augustine:

"Numbers are the Universal language offered by the deity to humans as confirmation of the truth."

If you haven't already done so, look up Philo's rules concerning allegory, and learn the numerical values for Hebrew/Phoenician and Greek alphabets.

"Jesus of Nazareth" is a deliberate misnomer. Jesus was called the "Nazarene":

In Egyptian, “Naz” means “Sent,” while “Seir” means “Prince” or “Chief.” Therefore, the title “Naz Seir” can mean “Sent Prince.” Since “Naz” and “Zar” both mean “Prince” in Hebrew, Naz Seir could also mean “Prince of princes,” a fitting title for Jesus as the King of kings. This may also be the hidden origin of the term Nazarene used to identify Christ, the Naz, Zar, or Prince of Peace. (Wikipedia)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Aesir26

Esau is the son of Edom, which scholars know to be the "son of Adam", which means, "the son of Man". This is not conjecture, but is indisputably so. All that has been said can be backed up with fact.

What are you trying to imply? I don't understand you.

As for Genesis 27:29, that was fulfilled by 2 Kings 8:20.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by Aesir26

Esau is the son of Edom, which scholars know to be the "son of Adam", which means, "the son of Man". This is not conjecture, but is indisputably so. All that has been said can be backed up with fact.

What are you trying to imply? I don't understand you.

As for Genesis 27:29, that was fulfilled by 2 Kings 8:20.

There is intentional wordplay between Edom/Adam. Edom means "red earth". Adam is "red clay". "Dam" means "red blood". Esau's skin tone is said to be red. Mt. Seir, Esau's land, is "Petra", meaning "The Rock" or foundation upon which the true church is built: "Upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.". See Al Khazneh of Petra.

Jesus describes Himself as the son of Man (בן–אדם i.e. ben-'adam). Adam/Edom are one, and thus, "son of Adam" is "son of Edom". The Jewish demigod, Yahweh seeks to destroy Edom, as any Bible-reader knows. Esau/Ishmael are followers of El Elyon. The sons of Israel ("those who strive against El") are followers of Yahweh, god of Justice (Latin: "Jus" = "Jews"). Yahweh is Marduk, who is Mars, god of war.

edit on 13-12-2012 by Aesir26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aesir26

Mt. Seir, Esau's land, is "Petra", meaning "The Rock" or foundation upon which the true church is built: "Upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.". See Al Khazneh of Petra.

Another quote from the Bible copied and mistranslated.

Matthew 16:16-19

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The rock for which Christ built his church was the knowledge that Christ was the Son of the living God.

Edit to add: Do a keyword search on the word "rock" in the Bible and look to see how many times it was used to refer to God himself.

edit on 13-12-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aesir26

Is this how it works?

Jesus

The Greek word for Jesus comprises six letters:

iota = 10, eta = 8, sigma = 200, omicron = 70, upsilon = 400, sigma = 200. Arithmetic sum = 888.

This is intriguing. The number 8 in scripture denotes a new beginning and Jesus gave new birth to mankind. Also, triple 8 could imply a new beginning given by a triune God, through Jesus.

There is more support for a special significance of 888. Consider the following phrases:

"The Founder" and "I am the Life". Each phrase can be closely associated with Jesus and, amazingly, each sums to 888 in Greek! Also, 888 = 37 × 24. Now 37 denotes "Word of God" or simply "God" and 24 denotes “priesthood”. So Jesus is the Word of God, Divine and our High Priest all in one!

One of the intriguing aspects of Bible gematria is the way it links both Hebrew and Greek text.

Consider the phrase "the salvation of our God" in Ps 98.3. In Hebrew this is "Yeshoth Elohenu" which sums to 888! The number points the reader of Psalms to Jesus!

www.seekingtruth.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

He was an agent of someone alright. But it wasn't God. He was an agent FOR HIMSELF and his own glorification.

Mohammad never glorified himself.

Being the leader of the muslims, he could have lived like a king. But he did not own palaces or eat fine foods. He would wash his own clothes and slept on a mattress on the floor.
He always taught his followers to direct all glory, praise and worship to God and God alone.

That tells a lot about his humility. But of course, you will deny it.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

You must have missed one of the other verses I posted earlier.
Isaiah 16:1

Isaiah 16 has nothing to do with 42.

I think I've already proven that he did based on the definitions I gave you above and in earlier posts.

You didn't "prove" anything. You only gave me your opinion and your guesswork.
You said it was Jordan and I told you that even if it was Jordan, it became Muslim shortly after Islam arrived on the scene and took over the entire middle east.

You said it was fulfilled by David, and I pointed out how Jordan and the entire Middle east became Islamic. If you were right, all of the middle east would have been either Jewish or Christian. Instead its pretty much entirely a MUSLIM region. So we can logically conclude that Isaiah 42 was fulfilled entirely by Islam.

Its amazing how Christians always claim to understand vague prophecies.
Yet you all refuse to see that Isaiah 42 in plain and simple language explains the rise of Islam in the middle east : The connection with Kedar and the wilderness... the shaming of the idolaters... people living in ignorance turning to the worship of the One true God. No Israelite prophet or apostle achieved this.

You don't want to accept these facts because you have a personal problem with Islam. So you are trying to tell yourself that it refers to a future time when the anti-Christ arrives.

As far as I know, we haven't reached a point yet where Israel has been robbed and spoiled and NO ONE wanted to restore it, so we could be looking at future events here.

Check your history book. Israel was robbed and spoiled by the Romans. It was FINISHED when it attempted to kill the Messiah.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Their choseness was not conditional, he made them to be what they were, that was the entire reason for him choosing them.

Thats what you have been conditioned to believe. Jesus said :
"Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof."

It was the other nation descended from Abraham. i.e - Ishmael.

Not insanity at all, how many times do i have to show you Isaiah 53 until you begin to understand it? How many times do you have to read Genesis 22 and see that Isaac was made to carry the wood he was to be offered up on (as Jesus carried his cross) but Abraham said God would provide a sacrifice of his own.

All you are doing is stitch together a bunch of verses and reading your interpretation into it.
I can sit here all day and refute every single one of them. But I'd rather point towards your madness of assuming the "killers" of Jesus were doing a priestly duty.

Also with regard to Abrahams sacrifice.... God saved an innocent man by substituting it with a ram. You interpret it as meaning God saves the sinners by substituting them with an innocent man (Jesus). If anything at all God substituted the innocent Jesus with somebody else.

Dump your lying book of Quran, THAT is your reason for confusion. You CANNOT serve 2 masters. Hot or cold skorpie, you can't say yes to Jesus and yes to Satan, choose one or the other, if you choose both Jesus will spew you out of his mouth and out of his kingdom as if he never knew you. Muhammad or Jesus skorpie thats your choices. Choose God or a man.

Actually it is you who is in danger of serving 2 masters.

You are saying yes to Jesus and Satan because you claim to serve Jesus while exalting his "killers"... who Jesus himself condemned, because you believe they were doing a "priestly duty."

As for Jesus and Mohammad.. they were both prophets who called for the worship of One God. I can learn from BOTH. As for the Koran, it confirms Jesus as the messiah... so when you insult the Koran, you are directly insulting the revelation that Jesus was the messiah given to the Ishmaelites.

Woe upon you, because you not only praise the killers of Jesus, but also deny the Muslims adoration of the messiah... because it does not sit well with your (false) understanding of the Bible.

edit on 14-12-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
please delete

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Mt. Seir, Esau's land, is "Petra", meaning "The Rock" or foundation upon which the true church is built: "Upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.". See Al Khazneh of Petra.

Deetermined wrote:
"Another quote from the Bible copied and mistranslated."

Matthew 16:16-19

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Yes, I'm aware of what the interpolation suggests.
The RCC claims apostolic succession from "Peter".
However, for the RCC this is "Deus Pater" or, "Zeus Father", a.k.a. "Jupiter", a.k.a. Yahweh as "Godfather".
"Peter" is "father" in Greek/Latin/Sanskrit ("Dyaus Pitar").
Check out the bait and switch statue of "Peter" at St. Peter's Basilica ("Kingdom of the Godfather") in Rome, which is actually Jupiter/Zeus.
"Peter" is the leader of the twelve disciples. Jupiter (Jew-Peter) is the leader of the twelve gods of Mt. Olympus/Zion. Jupiter is the Roman "JOVE" which is pronounced "Yahweh", god of the twelve tribes of Israel.

Petra is Edom, which is the home of the sons of Esau and of the son of Man.

Gee, where's Indy in this photo in his search for the Holy Grail....?

jerusalemexperiment.files.wordpress.com...

edit on 14-12-2012 by Aesir26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Aesir26

Once again, where are you getting your translations from?

Here's what my research found on the translation from Greek of the name PETER.

Peter is a common masculine given name. It is derived, via Latin "petra", from the Greek word πέτρος (petros) meaning "stone" or "rock".

en.wikipedia.org...(given_name)

Frankly, I don't care what the Roman Catholic Church calls him or what their translation of the Bible is. I only have to read it for myself.

Just out of curiosity, do you know what else Jesus built his church on? The clue is in one of the verses I've already given you.

Matthew 16:17

and what was it that the Father revealed?

Matthew 16:16

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Hey, if you don't want to look up all of the verses in the Bible explaining where the "wilderness" is, that's your problem.

If you want to ignore the verse that talks about the servant being a covenant to the people, that's your problem.

If you want to ignore the first four verses that describe the characteristics of the servant, that don't come close to describing Muhammad, that's your problem.

If you want to ignore verse 15 where it says "I will make waste mountains and hills, and dry up all their herbs; and I will make the rivers islands, and I will dry up the pools."...that's your problem.

If you want to ignore the fact that there is absolutely no prophecy relating to Muhammad in the Old Testament, that's your problem. Just because you want to make it so by pointing out one verse in Isaiah 42, doesn't make it so.

Sorry, but we all know that Israel was restored as a nation of people after the Romans "spoiled and robbed" it. If you think "restore" only means the temple, you're mistaken on that too.

You know what cracks me up about Muslims? They are constantly trying to justify their faith by way of the Bible, yet they want to ignore all of the parts that they don't like. You know, like the one that says that God/Jesus is going to restore Israel, put them in the land He promised them and allow them to live in peace for 1,000 years after the surrounding Muslims try to get rid of them.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

As for Jesus and Mohammad.. they were both prophets who called for the worship of One God. I can learn from BOTH. As for the Koran, it confirms Jesus as the messiah... so when you insult the Koran, you are directly insulting the revelation that Jesus was the messiah given to the Ishmaelites.

No, insulting the Qu'ran is insulting the fake revelation from Muhammad.

Skorpion, if Muhammad had a real revelation, why did he need to quote the Bible so much and then turn around and give his own interpretation? The Bible and the Qu'ran contradict each other.

The biggest mistake Muhammad made was trying to convince all of you that Jesus didn't really die when all of the other prophets say he did. Now we have Muhammad contradicting the other prophets too.

Are you really going to listen to one man who didn't have anyone else to back up his statements, yet tells everyone to listen to the other prophets when he didn't even listen to them himself? Talk about being spiritually blind!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Deetermined wrote: "Once again, where are you getting your translations from?
Here's what my research found on the translation from Greek of the name PETER.":

"Peter is a common masculine given name. It is derived, via Latin "petra", from the Greek word πέτρος (petros) meaning "stone" or "rock".

Aesir26 responds:

father (n.)
O.E. fæder "father, male ancestor," from P.Gmc. *fader (cf. O.S. fadar, O.Fris. feder, Du. vader, O.N. faðir, O.H.G. fater, Ger. vater), from PIE *pəter (cf. Skt. pitar-, Gk. pater, L. pater, O.Pers. pita, O.Ir. athir "father"),

Jupiter
c.1200, "supreme deity of the ancient Romans," from L. Iupeter, from PIE *dyeu-peter- "god-father" (originally vocative, "the name naturally occurring most frequently in invocations" [Tucker]), from *deiw-os "god" (see Zeus) + peter "father" in the sense of "male head of a household" (see father). Cf. Gk. Zeu pater, vocative of Zeus pater "Father Zeus;" Skt. Dyauspita "heavenly father."

edit on 14-12-2012 by Aesir26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Hey, if you don't want to look up all of the verses in the Bible explaining where the "wilderness" is, that's your problem.

Wilderness can be used in a different context in different places. Wilderness in Isaiah 42 refers to the wilderness that Ishmael was sent to. Kedar is the son of Ishmael. Mohammad was a descendant of Kedar. The clues are all there. If you don't want to see it, then its your problem.

If you want to ignore the first four verses that describe the characteristics of the servant, that don't come close to describing Muhammad, that's your problem.

On the contrary, the first 4 verses perfectly match Mohammad.

verse 1
“Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight;I will put my Spirit on him and he will bring justice to the nations."
Mohammad was a chosen servant of God... and through Islam he did bring justice in the lawless polytheistic idolatrous nations of Arabia.

verse 2
"He will not shout or cry out, or raise his voice in the streets

Heres a hadith about Mohammad...
"It was not the nature of Prophet Muhammad (saw) to talk indecently, nor did he engage himself in the use of obscene language. Nor did he shout and talk in the bazaars (which is against dignity). He did not avenge a bad deed with a bad one, but forgave it, and thereafter did not even mention it".

verse 3
A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out.
Mohammad, despite being a warrior and a military strategist was a very gentle human being. There are plenty of Hadiths which attest to his gentle nature. My favorite is the one about him not disturbing a cat that was sleeping on his prayer robe, he simply cut the part of the robe the cat was sleeping on and took the rest of his cloak with him.

verse 4
In faithfulness he will bring forth justice; 4 he will not falter or be discouraged till he establishes justice on earth. In his teaching the islands will put their hope.”
Which is what Mohammad did despite his early struggles. He absolutely did not falter in his mission. He was not discouraged despite having so many enemies and being up against the larger armies of his enemies. Through Islamic law he indeed established justice in the land.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

If you want to ignore the fact that there is absolutely no prophecy relating to Muhammad in the Old Testament, that's your problem. Just because you want to make it so by pointing out one verse in Isaiah 42, doesn't make it so.

Actually you are ignoring the fact that Isaiah 42 is about Mohammad and the rise of Islam.
You are ignoring the connections to Arabia by saying "wilderness" is something else.
You are ignoring the fact that no Israelite prophet shamed their idolaters and led the ignorant into the path of God. All because you deny that Allah is the God of the Bible who made the prophecy of Isaiah 42.

Its more than just one verse that I keep pointing out to. The entire chapter reads like the history of Mohammad and Islam. You claim you can understand and interpret prophecy but you ignore and deny a crystal clear prophecy that plainly mentions names and events that match Mohammad's history.

You know, like the one that says that God/Jesus is going to restore Israel,

You mean, the one that says God will restore Israel to be a secular, Jesus hating, homosexual celebrating state? Sorry, thats not what prophecy states. You are mistaking the modern day state of Israel for the Israel that Jesus is supposed to rule from.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Aesir26

Sorry, Aesir26, but I don't know what your point is, again! Do you care to speak in English sentences communicating the information that you've provided? Don't forget the links as to where you're getting your information.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join