learn more

Stories of Jesus in Islamic tradition.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Aesir26

The nation of Israel/Jews rule this world through financial, industrial, executive, legislative and judicial posts (not to mention academia and media). I'd say the god of this world has compensated them quite well with earthly power...

Yet their existence is still threatened everyday by their Muslim neighbors.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aesir26

Not quite. The Qu'ran is a return to the beginning. It is said to have been dictated to Muhammad by the archangel Gabriel to set crooked ways straight once again. We should be thankful of Divine Intervention, not critical of it.

Well, someone's stories about Gabriel aren't adding up, because Gabriel also told Joseph that Jesus would be born to save people from their sins.

Matthew 1:20-22

20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Isaiah 42 is about Jesus.

It isn't. Jesus never set foot into Kedar and Jesus never shamed the idolaters of Kedar.

Isaiah 42 refers to a non-Israelite prophet.... who shamed the idolaters of Kedar and the wilderness, i.e - Arabia. The entire chapter is about the transformation of the lives of people who lived in the darkness of idolatry.

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them
and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I will do;
I will not forsake them.

This speaks of the transformation of an entire people who lived as polytheists and idolaters.
Through Mohammad, former polytheists and idolaters became worshipers of the God of Abraham and recognized Jesus as messiah.

From the desert wastelands of Kedar and the wilderness, God raised a servant who ended a culture of idolatry and ignorance thousands of years old. That servant was Mohammad.

edit on 12-12-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Well, someone's stories about Gabriel aren't adding up, because Gabriel also told Joseph that Jesus would be born to save people from their sins.

Jesus saved people from sin through his teachings.
The angel did not tell Mary that he would save people by becoming a human sacrifice.

Christians celebrate Jesus' death because they believe Jesus' death is their free ticket to heaven.
Muslims celebrate Jesus being saved from death because they believe God saved Jesus from the bloodthirsty people who had him "killed".

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Yet their existence is still threatened everyday by their Muslim neighbors.

Rubbish.

Israel have been single-handedly winning all their wars with their Muslim neighbors. They are militarily very strong.

Plus Israel is a nuclear power that has America as an ally. If anything, Israel is a threat to its Muslim neighbors.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Jesus saved people from sin through his teachings.

The angel did not tell Mary that he would save people by becoming a human sacrifice.

Jesus didn't need to be conceived by the Holy Ghost just to save people through his teachings, now did he.

Luke 1:34-35

34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Christians celebrate Jesus' death because they believe Jesus' death is their free ticket to heaven.
Muslims celebrate Jesus being saved from death because they believe God saved Jesus from the bloodthirsty people who had him killed.

Christians celebrate Jesus' death because he was the ONLY ticket to heaven. If Jesus hadn't cleansed the temple in heaven with his perfect human blood, no person would have been deemed worthy to enter.

Hebrews 9:21-28

21 Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.

22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;

26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
edit on 12-12-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

If anything, Israel is a threat to its Muslim neighbors.

Israel isn't the one going around threatening to kill all of the Muslims in the Middle East. However, many Muslim extremists have threatened to kill all of the Jews.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Christians celebrate Jesus' death because he was the ONLY ticket to heaven.

Then Christians are indeed MONSTERS for celebrating Jesus' death and seeking to profit off the execution of an innocent man...that too the central figure of their own religion.

The Roman executioners simply did their job.
The Jews wanted Jesus out of the way.
The Christians seek to profit off the death of Jesus believing its a ticket to heaven.
Only the Muslims sincerely believe Jesus was protected by God and escaped the execution.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

im not saying you as an individual are god or 'I' as an individual am god, i'm saying underneath the individual is god and ultimately you are that and not the individual (Deny thy-'self'). Only when you look deeper than your individuality will you see and be god. This is not something i simply read in a book and decided to believe in. This is from direct realization without having read any religious books. Later on i started reading not just the bible but all scriptures from all traditions and yes this is what they point to.
edit on 12-12-2012 by emeris because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

It isn't. Jesus never set foot into Kedar and Jesus never shamed the idolaters of Kedar

Man you are totally blind. Jesus did set foot in Kedar, through the christians who arrived in that area around 400 A.D. You know the whole "Body of Christ" thing? We are his temples and we carry him where we go, just like an Ark.

When Saul was having christians imprisoned and executed them, he was on his way to Damascus to hunt down more and Jesus appeared to him in Acts.

Acts 9:1-5

Then Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest 2 and asked letters from him to the synagogues of Damascus, so that if he found any who were of the Way, whether men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.

3 As he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven. 4 Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?”

5 And he said, “Who are You, Lord?”

Then the Lord said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”

Even though Saul was attacking christians he was actually attacking Christ, what you do to us you do to him, this is what it means to be the Body of Christ. The bible is plum full of this allegory.

Now try this:

Matthew 25:31-46

31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

44 “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Now, who are the brothers and sisters of Christ?

Mark 3:31-35

31 Then His brothers and His mother came, and standing outside they sent to Him, calling Him. 32 And a multitude was sitting around Him; and they said to Him, “Look, Your mother and Your brothers are outside seeking You.”

33 But He answered them, saying, “Who is My mother, or My brothers?” 34 And He looked around in a circle at those who sat about Him, and said, “Here are My mother and My brothers! 35 For whoever does the will of God is My brother and My sister and mother.”

Now what is the will of God?

John 6:39-40

39 This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. 40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

Allah the Great Deceiver's messenger may be Muhammad, but Jesus does not decieve and neither does his Father and Jesus is the messenger of his own Father, which is why he came teaching that his death would bring us Sabbath.

The entire book of Isaiah is about Jesus, Isaiah wrote exclusively about Jesus and his accomplishments. Muhammad used words and half truths to decieve, to make you think he is the Messiah, playing on words like "the messenger of Allah", he thought he was being clever, but you cannot fool Christ.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aesir26
The Qu'ran is a return to the beginning. It is said to have been dictated to Muhammad by the archangel Gabriel to set crooked ways straight once again.

If you want to buy that .. go right ahead. Considering all the errors and contradictions in the Quran .. I'm not buying it. It's MUCH more likely that Muhammad, who was a murderer and thief, invented the stories in the Quran and lied to people, telling them the stories were from God in order for him to gain power over the peasants.

We should be thankful of Divine Intervention, not critical of it

I'm critical of anything that claims to be divine but obviously isn't.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Isaiah 42 is about Jesus.

It isn't.

Yes .. it is about Jesus. It describes him PERFECTLY.
Isaiah 42
Gentle. Calm. Quiet. Servant of God.
A bruised reed He will not break, And smoking flax He will not quench
It speaks of the Lord being delighted with his servant (Jesus)
And it matches Matthew 3:17 - God the Father speaking of Jesus ...

"And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."

No one in Islam even comes close to fulfilling that.
Definately not Muhammad.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

:shk: The Angel Gabriel didn't tell Mary what Jesus entire life history would be.

When Jesus was presented in the temple, the prophets in the temple prophecied over him. And they told Mary of her coming sorrows (Jesus murder)

Luke 2:34, 35 - Then Simeon blessed them, and said to Mary His mother, "Behold, this Child is destined for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign which will be spoken against (yes, a sword will pierce through your own soul also), that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed."

That simply isn't true. There is no 'free ticket' to heaven in Christianity.
edit on 12/12/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Only the Muslims sincerely believe Jesus was protected by God and escaped the execution.

Which is absurd.

The first hand historical accounts CLEARLY show that he was murdered.
They also CLEARLY show that he rose from the dead on his own accord.
All the stories in the QURAN which were made up HUNDREDS of years later
are simply wrong when compared to to the first hand accounts in the bible.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That simply isn't true. There is no 'free ticket' to heaven in Christianity.

Well, Christians believe and teach that accepting Jesus died on the cross for sins guarantees one a free ticket to heaven.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yes .. it is about Jesus. It describes him PERFECTLY.
Isaiah 42
Gentle. Calm. Quiet. Servant of God.
A bruised reed He will not break,

Bruised reeds? Jesus cursed a perfectly healthy fig tree and caused it to whither.

As for him being Gentle, calm and quiet... try and recall the account of him using a makeshift whip and driving out the money changers.

No offense to Jesus. But he had NOTHING to do with Kedar and the wilderness and he did NOTHING to shame the idolaters of that region. Isaiah 42 was pointing to somebody else.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Man you are totally blind. Jesus did set foot in Kedar, through the christians who arrived in that area around 400 A.D.

The Christians merely co-existed with the polytheists and the idolaters.

It was only Mohammad, who through force, destroyed the idols and established a religion that worshipped the God of Abraham and recognized Jesus as messiah.

Muhammad used words and half truths to decieve, to make you think he is the Messiah

Mohammad never claimed to be the messiah.
He stated that Jesus is THE messiah.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

How is forcing others into a religion through the end of a sword God's will?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JDmOKI

How is forcing others into a religion through the end of a sword God's will?

One CANNOT force someone into a religion through swords.

Someone forced into Islam will NEVER accept the teachings of Islam and the prophethood of Mohammad.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Well... that's what happened. otherwise they were taxed into submission. I'm just stating I don't think Jesus would have gathered troops to retake Jerusalem from the Romans, it would go against everything he taught. I just don't understand why Islam calls Jesus the messiah, yet Muhammad lived by the sword. isn't that contradictory?

I'm not Christian btw

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution