It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Freemasons worship demons!? I used to think not. Then I read this.

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

I already went over this.

I mean seriously - I ALREADY went over this. The Y was pronounced closer to our J. Accents change, as is expected. It was still pronounced Jesus.

Kinda like Brad Pitt speaking Italian to the SS officer in Inglorious Bastards, but not quite as far off I would imagine.
edit on 21-1-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

eta; so what exactly is a false god fitz? In your opinion we just can not know because that would preempt God?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate

I already went over this.

I mean seriously - I ALREADY went over this. The Y was pronounced closer to our J. Accents change, as is expected. It was still pronounced Jesus.

So YOU say. How about a link to an audio pronunciation from a respected and verifiable source? Sauce for the goose and all that.

Kinda like Brad Pitt speaking Italian to the SS officer in Inglorious Bastards, but not quite as far off I would imagine.

Your imagination is of worth to you but is worthless in terms of proving a point. In fact, it helps undermine your own point.

Fitz

p.s. It's "Inglourious Basterds" BTW [/niggle]

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

OK so here it goes. I have been looking for evidence that Yeshua is pronounced how it is spelled in Hebrew. I haven't found any audio, surprisingly
. However, it would appear this might be a valid claim. Still can't find audio though.

I want to hear a Hebrew speaker pronounce it I just have a feeling it is not pronounced the way it is spelled.

Why in the F would someone change the name to fit the language instead of vice versa?????
I might be the one working off of false pretenses here. Why in the world would people do something like that though. I just don't get it. Further, did God tell them how to pronounce it in each different language? What is the reasoning??? This is well after the Tower of Babel.

I am willing to concede I am no longer so sure about this, but I can not be persuaded without audio.

One thing is certain, Jehovah is invalid and only applies to a rapper.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
so what exactly is a false god fitz? In your opinion we just can not know because that would preempt God?

I am only going to call God by the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit now. Until I have evidence some guy didn't change the name for fun anyways. I know the Father Son and Holy Spirit get's a response, Lord and God get a response, and Jesus even gets a response. So God knows who you are talking to. The question becomes - if Jesus is not the original name of God why the F would someone change His name unless God said to do so????

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well here is a website claiming to have His name pronounced in Aramaic, which would make it the only correct pronunciation. www.v-a.com... You have to download the audio file.

So if God did not tell people to change His name people just did it on their own correct?

I must admit, if this is true, my opinion of my fellow humans just got knocked down a notch.

They actually have an Aramaic Bible translation apparently.

eta To quote them : It clearly prophesies about Maryah Allaha (the Lord God) and about Maran Eashoa Msheekha (Our Lord Jesus the Messiah).

Allaha!?!?! WTF!?
wtf happened here?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
OK AM, I am going to call a Catholic Apologist radio talk show tonight. So, if you would like to give them a hard time, give me a list of hard questions for them. I will report back with their answers and my opinions on them in another thread. I have seen these guys mess up before, keep that in mind. For instance when asked about certain parables they have strayed from the Church's teachings on them.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Sorry, I admit I do not know how to pronounce the name of God except "in english" whatever the F that means. I have never been this frustrated in my life

I completely assumed no one would do something like this, simply because it is just f**king stupid. AM I figured you were just messing with me again. My apologies. I assumed that the pronunciation would not change, just the spelling, because it is wtf I would do so I figured they did too.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
FML we are all wrong apparently. Eashoa' is the correct name of God according to the Aramaic texts, that is, if what I am reading is correct. If I find something to refute this I will let you know.

I can tell you one thing, this is going to hurt my mentality in Church. Knowing we have it wrong and all...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Galilean transliteration of the Lord's Prayer

Avvon d-bish-maiya, nith-qaddash shim-mukh.
Tih-teh mal-chootukh. Nih-weh çiw-yanukh:
ei-chana d'bish-maiya: ap b'ar-ah.
Haw lan lakh-ma d'soonqa-nan yoo-mana.
O'shwooq lan kho-bein:
ei-chana d'ap kh'nan shwiq-qan l'khaya-ween.
Oo'la te-ellan l'niss-yoona:
il-la paç-çan min beesha.
Mid-til de-di-lukh hai mal-choota
oo khai-la oo tush-bookh-ta
l'alam al-mein. Aa-meen.

Matthew 6:9-13

"(Therefore, this is how you shall pray

Our heavenly Father, hallowed is your name.
Your Kingdom is come. Your will is done,
As in heaven so also on earth.
Give us the bread for our daily need.
And leave us serene,
just as we also allowed others serenity.
And do not pass us through trial,
except separate us from the evil one.
For yours is the Kingdom,
the Power and the Glory
To the end of the universe, of all the universes." Amen!

Tell me that doesn't make more sense.....

Who the F changed this? Constantine?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

I think you need to relax a bit. God doesn't care WHAT you call him, only THAT you call him.

Don't sweat the petty things.....Oh, and don't pet the sweaty things.
edit on 21-1-2013 by network dude because: Augustusmasonicus hides his beer in a closet and won't let it out.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

I think you need to relax a bit. God doesn't care WHAT you call him, only THAT you call him.

Don't sweat the petty things.....Oh, and don't pet the sweaty things.
edit on 21-1-2013 by network dude because: Augustusmasonicus hides his beer in a closet and won't let it out.

I will not be able to relax until I know the answer. The problem is the internet is unreliable. That Masonic Temple down the road is looking more and more appealing to me by the second.

eta the Lord's prayer is of special significance here to me.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I assumed that the pronunciation would not change, just the spelling, because it is wtf I would do so I figured they did too.

I require an explanation. Did God command this or did we just decide to do whatever we want?

So they transliterated this stuff to the extent of changing the way God's name is pronounced? Seriously? And no one went back and fixed this blatant blatant catastrophic error. Not even touching on the most important prayer in my faith, the Lord's prayer.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

reply to post by AngryCymraeg

By a strange coincidence your name translates to angrycmyrage, correct?

Are you familiar with the term legion? Or rage legion?

Do not be angry with your brother, for he who is angry with his brother will be in danger of hellfire.

Um, Cymraeg is the correct name for the Welsh. Which is what I am.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Strange coincidence given the first part of your name, don't you think? Or was that part intentional?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
OK I have been looking around the internet...and sifting through the blatant BS that is so prevalent out there I still do not have a definitive answer. You would think someone would have cared enough to get to the bottom of this at some point and find out the actual name of God.

I mean seriously......in between killing and pillaging...

It's not that He doesn't have one. It's that we changed it for some weird reason. I have read the explanations and they make 0 sense. zlich nada why change the way you say God's name to fit a language? Makes no F*cking sense.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

In the beginning.........Religion was perfect and beautiful. It was made of soft clay. then, some idiot pinched off a little piece and made it into what he wanted it to be. Seeing how cool that was, others decided to do the same thing. In the end, the Beautiful sculpture was nothing but a mangled mess. How could this happen? you might ask.

Well, man got involved.......and now you know the rest of the story. Cut out the middle man, just talk to God.
edit on 21-1-2013 by network dude because: Augustusmasonicus lets his beer sit in the sun before he drinks it. ewww, skunky!

edit on 21-1-2013 by network dude because: fixed the damn edit

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

AM I figured you were just messing with me again. My apologies.

I am still at a loss why you would think it was me when I gave you third party sources (including the Vatican) that had the Hebrew and Aramaic text and the fact that there was no letter 'J' in any alphabet until the 1400's.

I assumed that the pronunciation would not change, just the spelling, because it is wtf I would do so I figured they did too.

Why would it not change? Aramaic and Hebrew have no 'vowels' so the way they speak and write is not the same as Greek and Latin which the Bible was translated into from the former two languages.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I'll take a random guesstimate:

ιυ χυ = Yhwh ?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

ιυ χυ = Yhwh ?

It is actually Greek and translates to 'Jusu' if you want to Anglicise it. Backing it into Aramaic would have given you 'Joshua' or a rough equivalant.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by muzzleflash

ιυ χυ = Yhwh ?

It is actually Greek and translates to 'Jusu' if you want to Anglicise it. Backing it into Aramaic would have given you 'Joshua' or a rough equivalant.

Interesting.

So would you say this is accurate or inaccurate from your own understanding of the language?

But whence comes the "s" in Jesus's name? This is of great importance. It is derived from an Egyptian suffix written either SA, SE, SI, SU, or SAF, SEF, SIF or SUF (SAPH, SEPH, SIPH or SUPH) and meaning "the son," "heir," "prince" or successor to the father. (The F is an Egyptian ending for the masculine singular.) When the original symbol of divinity, IO or IE, JO or JE, was combined with the Egyptian suffix for the succeeding heir, SU or SA, the resultant was the name IUSA, IUSE, IUSU, or IOSE; or IESU, JESU, IUSEF, IOSEF, JOSEF. One of the many forms was JESU and another was JOSEF. The final F became sibilant at times and gave us the eventual form of JESUS. The name then meant the "divine son," and combined in the Egyptian IU the idea of the coming one.

from here randomly

Bolded section is most important.

Thanks for the tip

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join