Do Freemasons worship demons!? I used to think not. Then I read this.

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

The fact that so many here end up getting fascination with FMs show they join sites like this for completely the wrong reasons. The site was set to expose secrets on behalf of profane outsiders yet pple like yourself use it as medium to ass crawl to those the site is attempting to expose. Really what bad intentions you have if I was webmaster i would not allow pple like to continue posting after this effort because you have the wrong attitude.
Besides your post is boring long & tedious. Who cares about your mutual love for masons .. .should we be waiting for the next post about you re sexual fantasies with inspiring masons i assume given their homoerotic nature they must be making you horny also.
edit on 22-1-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Theprimordialocker

So we shouldn't dispense truth and fight against the lies and ignorance?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Theprimordialocker

Well, I sure am glad you aren't the webmaster. Otherwise, this would be a piss poor place to get information. Just think if everyone got their information about masonry from folks like you. They would all be just as ignorant of the truth. That would be sad indeed.
edit on 22-1-2013 by network dude because: Augustusmasonicus lets his beer sit int he sun before he drinks it. ewww, skunky!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Every Freemason I've ever met, known, crossed paths with, talked to or befriended gives me only one main impression about them/it; they seek honor of self and think they are "gods". As a generalization most individuals who join Freemasonry need their ego rubbed and have low self esteem. Not that I'm implying they are not likable individuals, in fact I've had some of the most intriguing conversations with a few because being a "Freemason" makes them feel they are "something" and even something "elite" special & secretive

So they talk just how they believe and it's very amusing

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by HoneyBe

That is sad. Most of the masons I meet are genuine nice people. Perhaps you should start spending time in nicer places. You might meet a better class of person.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

No I didn't not mean to imply they're not genuine and honestly some of the neatest conversationalists! But my impression over-all (at least of the ones I've known) is they do not really worship anything, except themselves, or seek praise of self. Most Freemason's take the cult/group/sect very seriously to which it almost seems to me it's a Religion and as with all man-made religions, there is some brainwashing involved.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HoneyBe

Or, they just enjoy it. One of the most important aspects of Freemasonry is that you must Believe in a higher power. So why on earth would anyone who possesses a belief in God think themselves a God? It doesn't' even make sense. Our goal is to leave the world better than we found it. I just don't see the harm in that.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by HoneyBe

Or, they just enjoy it. One of the most important aspects of Freemasonry is that you must Believe in a higher power. So why on earth would anyone who possesses a belief in God think themselves a God? It doesn't' even make sense. Our goal is to leave the world better than we found it. I just don't see the harm in that.

I've not met one Mason who believes in the God of the Bible, not one! They indeed use the Bible, but generally the area of Solomon and pertaining to the temple and the mysticism they derive therein. That has never made any sense to me, perhaps you can clarify. Higher power is far too broad to make anyone believe the person is worshiping "The God".

As for making the world a better place...or leaving it a better place. How? What to date has Freemasonry on the whole contributed to the world to make it better?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theprimordialocker
reply to post by lambs to lions

The fact that so many here end up getting fascination with FMs show they join sites like this for completely the wrong reasons.

Uh....perish the thought that anyone joined this site for anything other than Secret Societies; like maybe discussion of 9/11 CT or other forums? Just a thought.

The site was set to expose secrets on behalf of profane outsiders

IIRC, the ATS motto is "Deny Ignorance" not 'Foster Ignorance'. You'd prefer people wallow in a pit of lies, half-truths, misinformation and disinformation? I mean to each their own but that seems a little counter-intuitive to me.

yet pple like yourself use it as medium to ass crawl to those the site is attempting to expose.

Or maybe someone's looking for truth and not more regurgitation of repeatedly debunked canards. Your personal path is yours but just because someone isn't in goosestep with your opinion doesn't make you right and them wrong.

Really what bad intentions you have if I was webmaster i would not allow pple like to continue posting after this effort because you have the wrong attitude.

Nice of you to decide whose "attitude" is correct. You have any opinion on what colour of shirt we all should be wearing?

Besides your post is boring long & tedious. Who cares about your mutual love for masons .. .should we be waiting for the next post about you re sexual fantasies with inspiring masons i assume given their homoerotic nature they must be making you horny also.

Congratulations! An opinion that can be best addressed with four smilies. Sometimes a picture really is worth a thousand words.

Fitz

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by HoneyBe

I must ask where you in the world. It's a fundamental belief in masonry that the God of the Bible, and the God of the Koran, and the God of the Torah are all the same God. That is the one I believe in and that is the one every mason I have ever spoken to believes in.

You must reside in a bubble.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoneyBe
I've not met one Mason who believes in the God of the Bible, not one! They indeed use the Bible, but generally the area of Solomon and pertaining to the temple and the mysticism they derive therein.

Might I suggest that the most accurate part of the above quote is contained in the first five words? Because the rest is certainly at odds with my own experience (admittedly as a Mason).

That has never made any sense to me, perhaps you can clarify. Higher power is far too broad to make anyone believe the person is worshiping "The God".

Supreme Being is the phrase that's used when ascertaining whether a applicant is suitable for Masonry. Being non-denominational, Masonry uses a generic term for the Almighty that will allow members of different faiths to work together towards shared truths as opposed to working apart bickering over the minutiae of the world's different faiths.

As for using the Temple of Solomon, its building, completion and dedication is used as a metaphor for masons to build, refine and perfect their own morals to the extent that they as individuals are capable of in anticipation of the inevitable end of this life and having to give account of our lives and actions.

As for making the world a better place...or leaving it a better place. How? What to date has Freemasonry on the whole contributed to the world to make it better?

I'm sure US-based Masons would cite you chapter and verse related to their Revolutionary War. Certainly, it has encouraged us collectively to be of greater utility to ourselves, our families and our communities and to do the good works that need doing without courting praise, recognition or attention.

If that strikes you as nefarious, then I'm sorry for you

Fitz

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I've not met one Mason who believes in the God of the Bible, not one!

Masons believe that there is one god.

How can this not encompass the God of the Bible?

As NetworkDude points out - Christian, Islam, Jew, or otherwise - we all worship the same God, but each through our own religion, because there is only one God!

edit on 22/1/2013 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

But even common sense should tell us that without any knowledge of God and His traits and way's, rules and guidelines, we either would worship anything under the sun or over it, or nothing at all. Trying not to get too in depth here in my response but there is one God and we do not choose how He is, He chose, and we respect and follow. So a "Higher Power" is much too vague and broad to convince me that Freemasons welcome the One True Living God of Abraham. If we choose a deity to honor and worship , then we're creating it in our minds and applying the rules, in other words...we make ourselves a "god".

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by HoneyBe

How do you think it's possible that ALL major religions have a single omnipotent being as the center of their worship? Even before tribes interacted, they gave thanks to something. A provider, a being.

In masonry we don't bicker over what his name is, or which religion is most correct. We don't claim one religion will gain admission into heaven and all others are doomed to Hell for eternity, we all meet with one goal in mind. To get along. We seek to make good men be better men. We don't publicize our charities and we don't go out looking for a pat on the back for what we have done. That might be why you don't know how we strive to leave the world better than we found it.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

But even common sense should tell us that without any knowledge of God and His traits and way's, rules and guidelines...

This is why we believe that no religion can claim to be the only correct one - we just don't have that knowledge of God.

we either would worship anything under the sun or over it, or nothing at all.

Exactly - in my opinion, every religion in the world (as long as it has those same two all-important rules) is worshiping the same God:

1) Love the Lord with all that you are.
2) Love thy neighbour as thyself.

All of the religions of the world have no problem with #2.
However, with regards to #1, some religions try to change this rule to "Worship the Lord in the same way as we do." This is not what God said, is it?

Trying not to get too in depth here in my response but there is one God and we do not choose how He is, He chose, and we respect and follow. So a "Higher Power" is much too vague and broad to convince me that Freemasons welcome the One True Living God of Abraham.

Freemasons do not worship "a higher power" but "The Supreme Being." We are explicit in the wording. And how many Supreme Beings can there possibly be? By definition, only one.

If we choose a deity to honor and worship , then we're creating it in our minds and applying the rules, in other words...we make ourselves a "god".

We don't choose the deity. Each person simply has their own interpretation of God's attributes, which comes from years of experience and study. Some people like to worship with people who have similar interpretations to what they do. This is what makes the world's religions. But they are all based on different interpretations of the nature of the same God.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

reply to post by HoneyBe

How do you think it's possible that ALL major religions have a single omnipotent being as the center of their worship? Even before tribes interacted, they gave thanks to something. A provider, a being.

In masonry we don't bicker over what his name is, or which religion is most correct. We don't claim one religion will gain admission into heaven and all others are doomed to Hell for eternity, we all meet with one goal in mind. To get along. We seek to make good men be better men. We don't publicize our charities and we don't go out looking for a pat on the back for what we have done. That might be why you don't know how we strive to leave the world better than we found it.

I'm really trying not to get off topic and into debating which God is which and which book is correct and which belief is most accurate etc...But taking the two main world Religions, to which one claims to be connected to the other and the other claims no connection to that one, you have TWO choices of GOD vie His delivered Word either Bible or Quran, you cannot have both and be mid stream and you cannot do away with both of these and say at the same time "I worship God". Because then I would say..."You know not what you worship" so perhaps the OP was correct.

As for stating you make the WORLD- or are leaving it- a better place, that is a mighty big statement and burden and judging by the overall state of the world; I'd surmise Freemasonry only wishes.
edit on 22-1-2013 by HoneyBe because: spelling

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus

But even common sense should tell us that without any knowledge of God and His traits and way's, rules and guidelines...

This is why we believe that no religion can claim to be the only correct one - we just don't have that knowledge of God.

we either would worship anything under the sun or over it, or nothing at all.

Exactly - in my opinion, every religion in the world (as long as it has those same two all-important rules) is worshiping the same God:

1) Love the Lord with all that you are.
2) Love thy neighbour as thyself.

All of the religions of the world have no problem with #2.
However, with regards to #1, some religions try to change this rule to "Worship the Lord in the same way as we do." This is not what God said, is it?

Trying not to get too in depth here in my response but there is one God and we do not choose how He is, He chose, and we respect and follow. So a "Higher Power" is much too vague and broad to convince me that Freemasons welcome the One True Living God of Abraham.

Freemasons do not worship "a higher power" but "The Supreme Being." We are explicit in the wording. And how many Supreme Beings can there possibly be? By definition, only one.

If we choose a deity to honor and worship , then we're creating it in our minds and applying the rules, in other words...we make ourselves a "god".

We don't choose the deity. Each person simply has their own interpretation of God's attributes, which comes from years of experience and study.

I've not been on the site in many years and a lot has changed and I do not know just yet how to do the individual quotes as you've done. But it does make it easier to respond to each opinion or thought

I'm "somewhat" with you regarding Religion, but at the same time...I do believe in the Holy delivered messages from God, via the Prophet's and Jesus. I just see now that many Religions and Sects were created from those messages but most of them lack the VERY message of Worship One God and Love thy neighbor as thyself, pray for our enemies etc..So yes, I do agree

See...I don't know about having "our own interpretation of God's attributes" it get's too "iffy" there...we have what 6 billion people on the planet and no two persons are alike at all so we'd have utter chaos if everyone created their own attributes for what they consider to be God. This was the problem when Jesus and the Apostles came on the scene and this is the exact problem they were trying to resolve by bringing people into one truth, one way, one God, one mind etc...

For the record..I don't have any reason to be against Freemasonry or the members, I've not found a reason to hate it, I just don't think it's as special as others might and about the only thing that makes it unique to me is that there is so much conspiracy around it. But the people are average people, or the ones I've met are anyway.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

reply to post by HoneyBe

I'm really trying not to get off topic and into debating which God is which and which book is correct and which belief is most accurate etc...But taking the two main world Religions, to which one claims to be connected to the other and the other claims no connection to that one, you have TWO choices of GOD vie His delivered Word either Bible or Quran, you cannot have both and be mid stream and you cannot do away with both of these and say at the same time "I worship God". Because then I would say..."You know not what you worship" so perhaps the OP was correct.

And who can say which is correct? Is it the Bible? Is it the Koran? Which God should you worship? One will get you into heaven, and in your eye's, one will doom you to hell! How can anyone be expected to KNOW the correct answer? Sure you have your beliefs, based on how and where you were raised. But if you were born in the middle east, you would have a vastly different viewpoint. In masonry, we only try to eliminate the hatred that religious intolerance can bring. Is that a bad thing? A Christian mason can still love Christ, just as a Muslim mason can still love Allah. And they can do it in the same room.

As for stating you make the WORLD- or are leaving it- a better place, that is a mighty big statement and burden and judging by the overall state of the world; I'd surmise Freemasonry only wishes.
edit on 22-1-2013 by HoneyBe because: spelling
You missed the most important word in my post. TRY. We TRY to leave the world a better place. It's not up to us to decide if we did, it's up to the little part of the world we are in.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I just don't think it's as special as others might...

Freemasonry is not for everyone, and not everyone finds it special. About half of all the candidates who enter Freemasonry in my constitution quit within the first two years. The other half find something very special in it, and stay for many, many years. It varies from person to person.

Perhaps I should simplify Freemasonry for you. The following single sentence summarizes the whole of Freemasonry:

Freemasonry believes that to do good is the best way to glorify God.

In this sentence, you can see everything about Freemasonry - why the requirement of a belief in God is there in the first place - the principles on which the Order is founded - everything. Freemasonry in one sentence...

To do good is the best way to glorify God.

Well, that's how I see Freemasonry, at least...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

And who can say which is correct? Is it the Bible? Is it the Koran? Which God should you worship? One will get you into heaven, and in your eye's, one will doom you to hell! How can anyone be expected to KNOW the correct answer? Sure you have your beliefs, based on how and where you were raised. But if you were born in the middle east, you would have a vastly different viewpoint.

By faith alone someone say's which is correct, we can't talk about faith because it's something that goes much further than knowledge or comprehension. The difference between the "Western Religion (s) and the "Middle Eastern" one, is that they are raised to believe, so it is not entirely based on faith but custom and tradition passed down via Prophet Mohammed. But there are discrepancies there which is just way to lengthy and far off topic to get into here in this post. But it is not a Religion of faith more so than it is a religion of acts or "works of hands" which some might argue is done by faith, so again....lengthy.

In masonry, we only try to eliminate the hatred that religious intolerance can bring. Is that a bad thing? A Christian mason can still love Christ, just as a Muslim mason can still love Allah. And they can do it in the same room.

I'm not really sensing much tolerance with me
And I never have when discussing belief and/or Religion with a Freemason, in fact I had a few very intolerant occasions where I even had the Bible I was reading tossed out of my hand onto the floor only to be told "why do I read such fairy-tales" and waste my time with garbage. Muslims and Christians can be under one roof and get along fine and they don't need Freemasonry to do that.

You missed the most important word in my post. TRY. We TRY to leave the world a better place. It's not up to us to decide if we did, it's up to the little part of the world we are in.

How many years has Freemasonry been trying? Religion has been trying too for MANY years. Be a better person, treat people how you would like to be treated and extend your hand wherever possible when someone needs you, that act alone makes the world better, or at least...gives others the willingness to try and do the same.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join