It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Freemasons worship demons!? I used to think not. Then I read this.

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Oh also , if it really equates to Joshua , in Hebrew that supposedly means "Jehovah saves" or something similar.

So, my random guesstimate had an element of accuracy *partial* to it despite my ignorance of that possibly.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Anyone from any language can pronounce anything. If God's name is Aramaic; it should be pronounced in that language by all languages and people (duh???). Absolutely anything less is a result of pride, unless it was God's will and not just His permissive will.

network dude had it right.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I'll take a random guesstimate:

ιυ χυ = Yhwh ?

It is actually Greek and translates to 'Jusu' if you want to Anglicise it. Backing it into Aramaic would have given you 'Joshua' or a rough equivalant.

From everything I have read so far that is false. How would backing it into Aramaic give you the equivalent of Joshua? According to that website, His name starts with an E.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I must know the real name of God without error. It is not Yeshua or Joshua. That much I have figured out.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
OK I am starting to reach some conclusions here that I do not know what to do with.

I know that to find the group I belong to, it will be a group of good men that are constantly hated on. Really you can't have one without the other.

This group will know the name of God. It will be of special importance to them. As it turns out, a little reading has revealed there are branches of Masonry that fit this criteria.

The problem is, in order to join I would be excommunicated from the Catholic Church which is God's "official church" on earth. However, being excommunicated from the Catholic Church would not take me away from God's Church in a literal sense - especially if Masons are what I think they are.

One thing I do know is that breaking the 1st commandment is not an option, which would exclude me from prayer with, at the very least, certain people (such as AM, sorry AM I am starting to like you but I could not pray with you).

Is saying the prayer with Masons who are not Christian or at least believe in the same Father necessary to be a Mason?

Is acceptance of avatars as anything other than Idol worship necessary?

eta : Are most Christian Masons having their children baptized by protestants? Is there a norm there?
edit on 21-1-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

You are starting to scare me. Anyway, what do you mean "official church"? I thought that was the Orthodox Church? Or even the Nestorians?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
So would you say this is accurate or inaccurate from your own understanding of the language?

I would say that the 'S' was more a function of translation into Latin which did use the 'S' as Etruscan did previous to Latin.

Bolded section is most important.

I would have to look into this further as this is the first I have come across this explanation.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
reply to post by NarrowGate

You are starting to scare me. Anyway, what do you mean "official church"? I thought that was the Orthodox Church? Or even the Nestorians?

Depends on whose version of history you ascribe to I guess. From my understanding, the Orthodox Church split away from the Catholic Church. Regardless of which, they are in full communion with the Catholic Church. I was baptized Roman Catholic, which is valid in Orthodox and vice versa

By official I mean the Church that the protestants split away from. It is indeed God's Church here on earth, the Church that has preserved the Scripture in it's purest available form.

If you ask a Catholic they will tell you the Catholic Church was first, probably the same for an Orthodox. In truth, there aren't many differences anyways.

eta: Catholic teachings are commonly misunderstood. I would be happy to clear up discrepancies that my brothers and sisters might or might not have created through partial knowledge.
IE: If your not Catholic you go to Hell?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate
From everything I have read so far that is false. How would backing it into Aramaic give you the equivalent of Joshua?

Did you see the part where I said it is Anglicised? If you want it all in Aramaic consonants I can post that as well. There was no way to accurately translate Aramaic into Greek as the respective alphabets did not have equivalants for all letters and sounds.

According to that website, His name starts with an E.

The website is wrong to an extant. There is no 'E' in Aramaic, this is a Hellenized/Anglicised translation.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

In this day and age you would think everyone would use the original pronunciation if it is known. Regardless of letters, no attempt was even made to bypass this minor minor issue my knowledge. Especially in todays age, but still oral tradition worked for long enough you would think we would have this in it....

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Is saying the prayer with Masons who are not Christian or at least believe in the same Father necessary to be a Mason?

Yes.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Oh well, that counts me out. Still might be nice to bridge the gap between the Church and Masons to create a better world.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Oh well, that counts me out. Still might be nice to bridge the gap between the Church and Masons to create a better world.

The Church wants nothing to do with us and personally, I like it that way.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

The Church wants nothing to do with us and personally, I like it that way.

That might have something to do with all of the things Masons are accused of. I think it would be beneficial maybe not to you yourself, but to many people suffering if we could put an end to those accusations.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

eta : Are most Christian Masons having their children baptized by protestants? Is there a norm there?

I'm non-denominational and when I do have kids I will leave that choice to them.

That might have something to do with all of the things Masons are accused of.

Maybe it's all coincidence, but the first Papal Bull came after Ramsay's Oration.

I think it would be beneficial maybe not to you yourself, but to many people suffering if we could put an end to those accusations.

We can't stop people from lying.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

I will look into that.

Many people that you think are lying are just victims of a misconception. If you go back to my original post in the other thread I point out many of them.

You assume they would be saying the things they say if they did not genuinely believe them. While others use this ignorance as a platform to spread what they know to be lies, the root cause of the problem can easily be dismantled. No attempt has been made that I am aware of. If it has been, it needs to happen again.

I would wager not many on either side of the fence care to do this. What I do not understand is - if both sides of the spectrum "practice what they preach" then why does no one care to do this...

Personally I don't see the difference it makes if you are secretly devil worshipping shrills working for the ever-ellusive so-called ptb (ETA: That's a joke AM don't start with me
) . That would give Christians dominion over you anyways
. Seriously, why NOT break down the barrier?

What purpose does this barrier serve to the rest of the world?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

That might have something to do with all of the things Masons are accused of. I think it would be beneficial maybe not to you yourself, but to many people suffering if we could put an end to those accusations.

Perhaps you could start by asking "The Church" to stop spreading those stories. We sure as hell are not telling them.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Perhaps you could start by asking "The Church" to stop spreading those stories. We sure as hell are not telling them.

The Church has never accused Masonry of anything other than being incompatible. I wanted to find out for myself, and now I see why. It is a matter of faith (not yours, I know) - but the Church does not view Masonry as demon worshiping or immoral.

Some within the Church, however, are making a bit of money spreading these lies from what I can see. Among other lies...it is a large Church as you know.

The thing is - they are easily refuted. Some are going about this the wrong way, and unintentionally feeding the beast. In this very thread, through U2U, I have likely prevented someone from buying a 1,000 dollar rosary and calling Mary a god. At the least, prevented them from praying a false version of it.

It is not exactly profitable to the individual to try to break down this barrier. This is likely much of the reason it has not yet been broken down. It would be very beneficial to the world though.

I will do my part if you agree to do yours? Actually I will do my part anyways. Statistically speaking, I am likely not the only one who has realized that the Church and Masonry would do more good working together than against each other.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Seriously, why NOT break down the barrier?

The only barrier around Masonry is the one built and maintained by others with axes to grind. To continue calling Freemasonry a secret society is to be disingenuous in the extreme

Fitz

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Seriously, why NOT break down the barrier?

The only barrier around Masonry is the one built and maintained by others with axes to grind. To continue calling Freemasonry a secret society is to be disingenuous in the extreme

Fitz

Did you literally not get the point?

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join