It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Freemasons worship demons!? I used to think not. Then I read this.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

You prove the hoax...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by oxjondoexo
You prove the hoax...

Sure...

Your alleged quote:

"You must conceal all crimes of your brother Masons...

When you search Ronayne's Handbook you get:

No results found in this book for 'crimes'

Sorry, that quote does not appear. Do you know why? Because it is a hoax.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Thats not good enough...you would say its a hoax youre a freemason...I wouldnt believe a word you say...
edit on 14-1-2013 by oxjondoexo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
Nice of you to quote a well known hoax. Those words do not appear in any Master Mason obligation in the United States. As a matter of fact, the first quote does not even appear in the book you claim it does. Please feel free to link the page if you disagree.

You are SUCH a buzzkill!

Fitz

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Thats not good enough...you would say its a hoax youre a freemason...

So link to the page of the book it appears in. Should be easy peasey

Fitz

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Thats not good enough...

It is more than good enough. I gave a link to the book and the search function. Show us where it appears in the book by providing the page number.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by oxjondoexo

In response to your first quote, Pike is often misconstrued. This quote when taken with the rest of the chapter and with going through the degree, Pike was essentially saying those who deserve to be misled will be misled.

To your second quote, Ronayne is irrelevant to actual ritual of Freemasonry. What he said is not correct.

The third quote is not from the obligation I took.

reply to post by oxjondoexo

Nice illogical response.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

To be honest, I don't like anyone religious anymore...all I see around me is religious people fighting...I'm not religious...I got my information from christians so if its wrong then its wrong...all I see is religious extremists everywhere trying to force their version of god on people...I don't believe in any religion on earth...I believe they are all man made...I do believe in a divine creator though...just not how its written in any book...god is probably a hermaphrodite...the reason I think religion is man made is because you dont see all the other species on our planet praying to a god and they seem to do ok...

Can you tell me where it came from then please so I can research the hoax in depth...

I read the line about covering crimes was from the Scottish Freemasons...

Youre freemasons so you know more about the subject than I do so youre probably right although I re-enforce I do not trust freemasons from what Ive seen.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

reply to post by KSigMason

To be honest, I don't like anyone religious anymore...all I see around me is religious people fighting...I'm not religious...I got my information from christians so if its wrong then its wrong...all I see is religious extremists everywhere trying to force their version of god on people...I don't believe in any religion on earth...I believe they are all man made...I do believe in a divine creator though...just not how its written in any book...god is probably a hermaphrodite...the reason I think religion is man made is because you dont see all the other species on our planet praying to a god and they seem to do ok...

Can you tell me where it came from then please so I can research the hoax in depth...

I read the line about covering crimes was from the Scottish Freemasons...

Dealing with your last request first, without going into specificity the quote is (on one hand) incomplete and (on the other) adds in something which is (at its core) at odds with the rest.

IIRC, the hoaxed Pike is more commonly known as the Taxil Hoax though I'll defer to AM or KSig if in error.

As for the rest of your post, your position is not entirely inconsistent with Masonry. Masons must believe in a Supreme Being, that that Supreme Being will reward virtue and punish vice and has revealed His Will to man. The particular specifics of a candidate's beliefs are only of concern to the candidate and if he can answer the aforementioned questions honestly (and is otherwise a fit and proper candidate), he is welcome within the fraternity as long as he remains a man of good morals and character.

HTH
Fitz

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

This is the book its written in, very last piece of the page...I actually thought about freemasonry but because of what ive been reading I decided to give it a miss. The book linked earlier was a reprint so its possible the part im talking about was removed in new versions of the Freemasons Handbook, but I dont know that for sure currently.

Ronayne, Edmond (1887). The master's carpet, or, Masonry and Baal-worship identical ; reviewing the similarity between Masonry, Romanism and "the mysteries" and comparing the whole with the Bible.
Published 1887 by T. B. Arnold in Chicago.
archive.org/stream/masterscarpetorm00ronarich#page/104/mode/2up

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

This is the book its written in.

Ronayne, Edmond (1887). The master's carpet, or, Masonry and Baal-worship identical ; reviewing the similarity between Masonry, Romanism and "the mysteries" and comparing the whole with the Bible.
Published 1887 by T. B. Arnold in Chicago.
archive.org/stream/masterscarpetorm00ronarich#page/104/mode/2up

Quite the piece of work that book is.

If you prefer it to the word of a Mason, so be it. All I can say after a quick perusal is that it's quite laughably concocted and an anti-Masonic relic of its time. However, I'm a Mason and you'd expect me to say that.

Fitz

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

So I'm no closer to knowing the truth!!!

At this moment in time, I do not know what to believe...I wish I did...then maybe I would find peace within...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

So I'm no closer to knowing the truth!!!

At this moment in time, I do not know what to believe...I wish I did...then maybe I would find peace within...

This much I can in all honesty assure you: you won't find a scintilla of truth in the pages of that particular book. Depending on what it is you're looking for, I'm told that "Freemasonry for Dummies" or "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Freemasonry" are good primers. But it depends if you're looking for truth or validation of negative perspective. Most Masons (certainly more so with middle-aged ones than your more....crotchety types) will quite cheerfully share much of what is considered 'Masonic secrets' (which aren't actually; just not broadcast hither and nigh). If you'd prefer to think negatively, have at it; I certainly can't stop you. But within the limits of my obligation, I will be fulsome and complete with answers.

It then falls to you which answer resonates more satisfactorily for you

Fitz

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Did you have a look at the book? Your opinion would be helpful also.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I just want the truth...the more lies I come across the more it hurts...our ancestors were freemasons...the truth will set you free so I believe...getting to the truth is like climbing a cliff without a safety rope...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

What is your opinion of Crowley...he was a freemason...and an Occultist...he believed in sacrificing children according to his words...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

reply to post by NarrowGate

Freemasons have a thing for molesting children...

www.youtube.com...

Wow, you are soooo wrong. Must be something in your water. It seems to be limiting critical thought.

We EAT them. We usually saute' them with onions and serve them with cream potatoes. Get with the program PALEZE!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I just want the truth...the more lies I come across the more it hurts...our ancestors were freemasons...the truth will set you free so I believe...getting to the truth is like climbing a cliff without a safety rope...

I'm presenting the truth. As I said earlier, I will be as fulsome in response as I can. I will not lie. Either you believe me or you don't and over that, I have no influence.

Fitz

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

What is your opinion of Crowley...he was a freemason...and an Occultist...he believed in sacrificing children according to his words...

What research I've done on Crowley, he wasn't a Freemason (not a Regular one anyway). Like Baptists, any group can deem itself to be Masonic. The only benchmark is how accepted they are by other groups that fall under that Masonic umbrella. As I recall, Crowley joined an Irregular lodge (one not recognised by other mainline Masonic bodies). To draw a more modern parallel, it's like assuming that the Westboro Baptist Church is emblematic of Baptists everywhere (they aren't)

HTH
Fitz

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
1917 Past Master of Keystone Lodge #639, Chicago, Illinois (1924). Prologue & Epilogue by Professor Hilton Hotema.

books.google.co.uk/books?id=bbzmuwr2CSEC&printsec=frontcover&dq=inauthor:%22Edmond+Ronayne%22&hl=en&sa=X&ei=s6P0UOG-D8iV0QXcyYHIAg&ved=0CDcQ6AEwAQ#v=s nippet&q=crime&f=false

Page 220.

I understand what you are saying...like I say you know more than I do about freemasonry...my drive is knowing the truth about Extraterrestrials...two of the astronauts Gordon Cooper and Buzz Aldrin were freemasons and they have give statements for the Disclosure Project...so Im unsure what to think right now because I believe what they say in the context of extraterrestrials...

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join