It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Freemasons worship demons!? I used to think not. Then I read this.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
Couldn't the "Supreme Being" be any entity? Some New Agers believe Lucifer or Light Bearer is the supreme being.

How can 'any entity' be supreme? There is only one Supreme Being.

How can Lucifer (the historical one being a creation of God) be supreme when he was allegedly created by God?

He actually has made people believe he is god for centuries. If we didn't know better, it could be considered it's own religion. On that note, most satanists don't even believe Satan exists. The ones that worship the demon call themselves something other than satanists if I remember right.

Then you have the other crazies that think they can just believe it and make it happen (enthroning satan haha I know, for someone who thinks the demon isn't real this must seem absurd to you).

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate
He actually has made people believe he is god for centuries. If we didn't know better, it could be considered it's own religion. On that note, most satanists don't even believe Satan exists. The ones that worship the demon call themselves something other than satanists if I remember right.

Then you have the other crazies that think they can just believe it and make it happen (enthroning satan haha I know, for someone who thinks the demon isn't real this must seem absurd to you).

Your whole reply is contradictory and irrelevant.

Making someone believe you are God does not make you God and therefore not supreme. Satanists who do not believe in Satan obviously do not find Satan to be supreme. Others that worship demons do not worship a Supreme Being.

Actually, you were correct on one point. It is absurd.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nancyliedersdeaddog
reply to post by NarrowGate

Could you name some tragic events caused by people replacing god with science? I can't really think of any off the top of my head and I always hear the tragic events of what religion has caused but never the other way around.

You mean to tell me you can not think of one instance where man strayed from God's word due to the application of scientific theories of the time? And then suffered greatly for it (or made others do the suffering)? If not, I would be interested to know if you have ever even CONSIDERED it? I mean seriously, name a point in time where we were not doing that and I will be more interested.

I couldn't think of any right off the top of my head at first but thanks for not answering and being kind of a douche

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Yes, it is contradictory, irrelevant, and absurd. It is also, sadly, a religion that has been around for centuries. It is also what many would accuse Masons of being.

Now that you have an idea of what people are accusing Freemasons of you are properly equipped to talk to them without fueling the fire. If you had been talking to a religious zealot with "psychiatric problems" you would have done just that - fueled the fire. They would have proceeded to tell everyone they know how all Masons are on a campaign to make people forget Satan exists. You represent your brotherhood - and in a predominantly Christian country. The context of a Christian's salvation involves the literal existence of Satan.

So maybe in another hundred years the group that founded this country on Christian beliefs will stop being accused of worshiping Satan? Or am I asking too much of you there? As you can see, the accusations are absurd and easily refuted....

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nancyliedersdeaddog

Fine.... I'll just cherry pick this one for now. We used to cut off pieces of peoples brains because they had "psychiatric problems". Guess who was deciding if they had these problems.....

Would you like more? Or do you not see how many ways that contradicts the Word of God?

ETA: I support science, I just don't see why we feel the need to contradict the Word. Science and the Word of God are compatible. Luke was a doctor.
edit on 17-1-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Fine.... I'll just cherry pick this one for now. We used to cut off pieces of peoples brains because they had "psychiatric problems". Guess who was deciding if they had these problems.....

Would you like more? Or do you not see how many ways that contradicts the Word of God?

ETA: I support science, I just don't see why we feel the need to contradict the Word. Science and the Word of God are compatible. Luke was a doctor.

I guess what I was trying to say is I was trying to find scientific tragedies that are comparable with all the death and war caused by religion but I didn't make that clear. I agree science and religion can go hand and hand it's just too bad more people don't feel that way on both sides.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I guess what I was trying to say is I was trying to find scientific tragedies that are comparable with all the death and war caused by religion but I didn't make that clear. I agree science and religion can go hand and hand it's just too bad more people don't feel that way on both sides.

Ahh...so now you are saying it is "religion" that caused the death and war - and was not just used as an excuse (or tool) to do so?

But wait! If we had listened to the Word of God....all of those wars would have been avoided. Interesting how it seems like people take things out of context to start conflict... I wonder if that has happened before and if God specifically warned about that?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Regarding this "Satan's greatest achievement would be to have us believe he does not exist" theory...

If a third of the angels fell from the sky, and became demons, and Satan was the most powerful of these, how is it that we are not aware of the existence of almost any of the others - we cannot name them, we don't know how many there are. In fact, almost all of the others have successfully hid their existence from us. How is it that the one who is said to be the most powerful of them all is the only one who has been unsuccessful in hiding his existence, while countless of those those weaker than him have succeeded?

edit on 18/1/2013 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

No religion ever harmed anyone.

The followers and 'faithful' of religion often do, though.

Have you ever considered that it is perhaps not the religion itself that has caused the fanatics to start wars, but rather that the type of person who starts wars has the same psychological makeup of a religious fanatic - ie. Either following orders of other or acting on a 'belief' without ever really questioning anything.

Perhaps people are mistaking correlation with cause.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Now that you have an idea of what people are accusing Freemasons of you are properly equipped to talk to them without fueling the fire.

This is where you are mistaken. I, unlike you, could care less what people accuse me of. If small minded people believe in superstitious nonsense, let them.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

So you just called all Gospel-believing Christians small-minded and superstitious?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus
Regarding this "Satan's greatest achievement would be to have us believe he does not exist" theory...

If a third of the angels fell from the sky, and became demons, and Satan was the most powerful of these, how is it that we are not aware of the existence of almost any of the others - we cannot name them, we don't know how many there are. In fact, almost all of the others have successfully hid their existence from us. How is it that the one who is said to be the most powerful of them all is the only one who has been unsuccessful in hiding his existence, while countless of those those weaker than him have succeeded?

We already went over this. Satan means adversary and is used interchangeably with demon. It also is the name of a demon.

Truth be told we know the names of the other ones, and some can actually be traced through psychology. For instance one of them calls itself "the shooter". That is, if what I read on the internet is correct. Yet another calls itself "uncle ponto" and "the turtle".

It is one of the reason exorcists work closely with psychologists.

So you see the lesser demons did not succeed in remaining hidden. Moloch would be one of the most foolish in its methods.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
you know...every time you walk into a christian church, you see a huge cross with a man that has blood coming out of both hands and his feet, from huge metal spikes that have been hammered through his body into the wood, and he is hung up, left to bleed to death slowly, and/or die from exposure slowly. and good christians have jewelry hanging from there neck, with the same image, as they tell athiests and other non-believers, how "evil", and "ungodly" they are.....

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Did you just make that up? Which post was that in and what was the context, if you didn't just make it up. I never made that claim.

I copied it from your thread title.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Anytime you participate in, or support a system of inequality, or secrets, or do anything at all, knowingly, or not disclose crimes and harm that you know takes place, and don't see any oaths as extreme harm to truth and safety of others, you are serving demons, or even the dark side within you, however you want to put it, whether that is metaphor or real.

There is nothing to debate, it has to do with actions, or failing to take actions or speak up when required.

Not just true of Masons either.

Conversely, if you were doing good, or intending good and were working on behalf of others, empowering others, and behaving with compassion, equality and integrity, but had strange names for your spiritual guides, or what you believed in, it wouldn't matter in the least either. You would be serving God/Goodness/Love.

Words, and names are far less important than what they symbolize, especially here in a near hellzone realm without our memories where all religions and information seems to be some kind of control and manipulation.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Did you just make that up? Which post was that in and what was the context, if you didn't just make it up. I never made that claim.

I copied it from your thread title.

well played. Still, you took out the "Do".

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

So you just called all Gospel-believing Christians small-minded and superstitious?

No, I called all Satan/demon/possesion-believing people superstitious and those that think I ascribe to their beliefs because I somehow do not believe in any of the above as small minded.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Yet another calls itself "uncle ponto"...

If anyone has even the remotetest fear of something called 'Uncle Ponto' I am gonna smack them upside the head if they tell me.

It is one of the reason exorcists work closely with psychologists.

They should only be working in a patient-client relationship respectively.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

No, I called all Satan/demon/possesion-believing people superstitious and those that think I ascribe to their beliefs because I somehow do not believe in any of the above as small minded.

Ok so they are not small minded and superstitious as long as they don't engage in intelligent discussion with an individual who pretends to know what their beliefs entail, and then proves otherwise?

You know... I know you are a fan of logic so use it.

You believe that anyone who believes the Gospel is small minded and superstitious and it has nothing to do with whether or not they feel you ascribe to their beliefs. Or am I wrong about that last part?

Whatever keep embarrassing Masons if you want. Go ahead and take absolutely zero from a perfectly good chance to learn something.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Who said anything about fear? Are you really not as smart as I thought? I mean you DO understand Christianity right? So what exactly did God give us dominion over that pertains here?

Either you are just not as smart as I thought, or you are being "intellectually dishonest and incendiary".
edit on 18-1-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

Oh sorry, you don't ascribe to my beliefs. So it is you who fears demons, and therefore pretends that they are not real. Thanks for the insight
edit on 18-1-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join