It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Freemasons worship demons!? I used to think not. Then I read this.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

The Councillor and ex police chief say they have a list of pedophiles and most of them are freemasons...its their words...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by oxjondoexo

Sure, and I say there is no evidence of that. I have been around enough to know that some folks have a primal need to hate Freemasons out of sheer and utter stupidity. It could all be true, but until there is more than the word of ONE MAN, I think anyone with an IQ over 12 would agree that more evidence is needed before the pitchforks and torches need to come out. How about you?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Completely agree with you on more evidence is needed before bringing out the pitch forks.

All I can do is show what ive seen...

Im not going to say its all freemasons because that not what I think...but I do think some freemasons have secrets within freemasonry and use freemasonry as a cover to carry out crimes...extremists...
edit on 14-1-2013 by oxjondoexo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Freemasonry teaches against extremism and one of the aspects of Freemasonry is religious tolerance. Freemasonry is usually the target of extremists, religious or not.

Freemasonry doesn't ever state you must be a part of an organized religion, but that you must have a belief in a Supreme Being. I'm Christian, but I don't attend any church for a variety of reasons and I'm fairly gnostic in my Christian beliefs.

Can you tell me where it came from then please so I can research the hoax in depth...

The Pike quote is found is found in the Chapter talking about the 30th degree of Knights Kadosh. Many take it out of context without reading what is before and after it.

Ronayne is a noted anti-Mason and has posted nothing credible or factual.

Youre freemasons so you know more about the subject than I do so youre probably right although I re-enforce I do not trust freemasons from what Ive seen.

There's nothing in Freemasonry that makes us less honest than anyone else.

The whole Baal worship is a myth and Baal is a misunderstood word.

In Freemasonry we can only look so far back because of the lack of documentation. The rest is lore.

Crowley was an unrecognized Mason and when he tried to gain entry in regular Lodges he was denied entry. He had little to no affect on Freemasonry. His real notoriety is with the OTO.
edit on 15-1-2013 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by oxjondoexo
Did you have a look at the book? Your opinion would be helpful also.

The book was written by a known hoaxer as evidenced by him referencing something as having been in a previous book when in fact it was not as has been shown.

Masonic ritual can be found online, compare the obligations to the one he alleges and notice that they are not the same.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I can add bestiality as well as child molestation to my list.

Thats horrible! Absolutely disgusting. You should call the police ASAP!!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Completely agree with you on more evidence is needed before bringing out the pitch forks.

Im not going to say its all freemasons because that not what I think...but I do think some freemasons have secrets within freemasonry and use freemasonry as a cover to carry out crimes...extremists...

I'd love to where your 'experience' is drawn from? What is it that makes you think this way? Or is it just something you heard? To purloin a phrase from another forum, are you JAQing-off (Just Asking Questions)?

An inquiring mind would like to know

TIA
Fitz

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Youre freemasons so you know more about the subject than I do so youre probably right although I re-enforce I do not trust freemasons from what Ive seen.

There's nothing in Freemasonry that makes us less honest than anyone else.

I'd love to know what oxjondoexo has seen? What's the bedrock of your opinion?

Fitz

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

I can add bestiality as well as child molestation to my list.

Thats horrible! Absolutely disgusting. You should call the police ASAP!!!!!

Seconded! Somebody do something!

Fitz

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate
Freemasons worship demons

What are their names? Their dominions? Their purposes? How would you recommend we address, negotiate, cast out, repel, enslave and utilize these demons? So many questions unanswered, such little time, such a narrow gate...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

edit on 14-1-2013 by oxjondoexo because: (no reason given)

Of course nobody can say with any certainty that there is no secret group that operates secretly inside any group, but the structure of Freemasonry makes it impossible for it to be any official title or group. We have a completely democratic system of leadership. If there is a few secret guys who conspire to do bad things, they might be doing so on behalf of the Lions club, or the users of ATS. I know you won't believe me, but masonry is just a fraternity that uses symbols and allegory to build men's character and social awareness. It's not all the blood and guts the idiot religions zealots claim it is. All that makes for a fantastic story and quite frankly, it drives many men to us in a quest for truth where they might not have even bothered had then not had their interest nudged. We owe them a bit of thanks. But believe whatever you wish. We will still be right here.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate
Freemasons worship demons

What are their names? Their dominions? Their purposes? How would you recommend we address, negotiate, cast out, repel, enslave and utilize these demons? So many questions unanswered, such little time, such a narrow gate...

Did you just make that up? Which post was that in and what was the context, if you didn't just make it up. I never made that claim.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

reply to post by 1Agnostic1

Do you drive on the highway assuming the cars in front of you will not suddenly brake? You are acting in faith.

Have you ever given someone money before their job was done? You were acting in faith.

Have you committed to a relationship of uncertain outcome? You were acting in faith.

Faith/Trust/Belief...what an interesting concept!

What is your faith in though? The other drivers? The person you gave the money to? The relationship or the person you are in it with?

My faith is in God, I trust none of those people unless they are family, and even then I'm keeping my eye on them. I have Faith in God (and that includes not being put in situations I can't handle, which includes what you have mentioned).

You see the difference?
edit on 17-1-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Agnostic1
reply to post by Skyfloating

Faith is the acceptance of a unproved belief as fact/truth. The concept of faith is plain stupid. It's the death of any logical critical thinking.
People who have faith in anything , and contrary to what they believe, are utterly lost.

This statement has nothing to do, is unrelated with the topic of Freemasonry.

I would like to know, though, if faith, belief in a God is required for being a Freemason?

edit on 12-1-2013 by 1Agnostic1 because: edit to add

Hey look at that a smart agnostic.

You are entitled to your opinion on Faith, but at least you know what it is.

edit: Well, IDK about faith but you must have at the least a belief in 1 god.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jacktrades

Religion needs faith to survive because there are no absolute truths when it comes to religion. There is no irrefutable evidence that religion can offer up to its members thats why faith is the number one required attribute that all religions ask of their followers.

While reading this thread, I felt that narrow's faith in his religion blocks him understanding the neutral logical arguments masons like Augustus presented.

Faith is the ability to sense the invisible, to envision something before it is manifest. Faith is a wonderful ability that imbues a human being with trust and goodwill. Don't mix it up with the conduct of paranoid zealotry. Many of these people are not people of faith, they are people with psychiatric conditions.

So when I envision the ball going through the hoop before a basketball free throw, I am utilizing what you define as faith? There are some priests who would agree with that, but I do not. That is just envisioning *your* desired outcome. Faith is somewhat synonymous with envisioning *Gods* desired outcome.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Originally posted by lambs to lions
reply to post by NarrowGate

The majority of Freemasons are not the demon worshipping type. Freemasonry has many levels, the higher up you are, the more information you may be given. This allows the left hand to be ignorant of what the right hand is doing.

If you are an honest Freemason, there is no possibility that you worship any other being than the Being that created all that is, was and will be. Any suggestion about 'high level masons' worshipping something other than the Supreme Being is the idle talk of non-Masons with a religious ax to grind

Fitz

Isn't this the answer right here? Couldn't the "Supreme Being" be any entity? Some New Agers believe Lucifer or Light Bearer is the supreme being. Using that term is ambiguous and kind of dishonest. Own what you believe in, even if its not the Christian's "Supreme Being"

I'm not religious at all, but I've seen Masons use confusing language like this before.
edit on 17-1-2013 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

The concept of faith is plain stupid. It's the death of any logical critical thinking.
People who have faith in anything , and contrary to what they believe, are utterly lost.

Not really. Countless famous scientists were men of faith. They had faith in their visions, faith in their ideas, faith in their careers. I am a man of faith but at the same time a great proponent of logic, rational thinking, critical thinking and a fan of science.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

The fact that scientists may be men of faith doesn't change anything to the validity of my statement.
Faith is:
- The opposite of rational thinking.

Accepting something as truth when not having any proof or against proof of the contrary is anything BUT rational. In fact its opposite.
- The end of critical thinking.
Once you have faith in something, you can't (or won't) challenge it in any way. That's the first consequence of faith. There goes your critical thinking.

It is therefore the end of logic/science.

What you really mean is:
"I'm a great proponent of logic... When it doesn't (or till it does) contradict/go against/threatens my faith"
"I'm a great proponent of rational thinking... When it doesn't (or till it does) contradict/go against/threatens my faith"
"I'm a great proponent of critical thinking and a fan of science... When it doesn't (or till it does) contradict/go against/threatens my faith"

Therefore you're none of these things.

Furthermore, without you realizing it, your faith reach every aspect of your life and thought process. Every thought you have is implicitely shaped/structured by it. You APPEAR to other and even yourself it seems to be as rational as the next guy... And you may be... Because there are no more rational than you (because of their faith or belief system -e.g Atheism is also a belief system-).

It's not an attack against you. Really. Yet, I understand you can take it personally. This is the truth, you can accept it or not but it is like it is.
edit on 13-1-2013 by 1Agnostic1 because: edit
Faith is: - The opposite of rational thinking. The end of critical thinking.
edit on 13-1-2013 by 1Agnostic1 because: edit

You assume too much. For proof, your faith will be required. Even then, it is up to God if you will get your proof.

If you think that people are not getting their proof every day, I assure you that you are wrong. The question is, even if you did get your proof - would you see it as proof or find a way to explain it away. You see for 100% proof of anything God has to tell you. Otherwise you can find a way around it.

When I look at history I see the negative effects of people replacing God's word with their current version of science. Others see the negative effects of religious zealots and/or extremists. The reason I see the former more than the latter is because there is just so much more of the former.

As for the extremists, they are simply victims of misunderstanding. Their actions, while many times inexcusable, do have a root cause. The father of all lies. The strange thing is, the same scriptures they read from often warn them about Satan, and if I remember right that goes for Muslims as well as Christians....strange world. In the temptation of Christ we see the danger of taking scripture out of context, and then we immediately proceed to forget that lesson as soon as it suits our agenda.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
Couldn't the "Supreme Being" be any entity? Some New Agers believe Lucifer or Light Bearer is the supreme being.

How can 'any entity' be supreme? There is only one Supreme Being.

How can Lucifer (the historical one being a creation of God) be supreme when he was allegedly created by God?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Could you name some tragic events caused by people replacing god with science? I can't really think of any off the top of my head and I always hear the tragic events of what religion has caused but never the other way around.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nancyliedersdeaddog

Could you name some tragic events caused by people replacing god with science? I can't really think of any off the top of my head and I always hear the tragic events of what religion has caused but never the other way around.

You mean to tell me you can not think of one instance where man strayed from God's word due to the application of scientific theories of the time? And then suffered greatly for it (or made others do the suffering)? If not, I would be interested to know if you have ever even CONSIDERED it? I mean seriously, name a point in time where we were not doing that and I will be more interested.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join