It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kate/William 'deeply saddened' to hear 'excellent' nurse who put through Australian DJs' hoax

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I don't know if anybody has posted the actual call yet, but here it is. I can't believe she fell for this. It didn't sound legit at all. The noises in the background should have been her first clue that it was BS.

edit on 8-12-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Xaphan:

I can't believe the receptionist fell for this.

I'm sorry, Xaphan, for all your 25 years, it seems you are not mature enough to discern the circumstances. First of all, get your facts right, she was a Duty Nurse, not a receptionist! (see my earlier post for facts known).

You have the most famous mother-to-be in the world in your hospital...a high-profile member of the British royal household. You receive a telephone call at 05-30am and having worked all night as the duty nurse, your tired and looking forward to the weekend so you can go home to your family. The voice sounds like the Queen of England (you are from India, might well be phonetic and translation issues?), suddenly you are flustered, needing to think fast, not expecting anyone to use you as a joke. So you put the call through to Kate Middleton's nurse. Later, you discover you made a serious error, and have become the butt of a prank that has gone global. You feel ashamed and stupid, and a failure.

You Xaphan, like the rest of us, are looking back at this incident in hindsight, you have all the time in the world to pass judgement on the nurse. Obviously, you wouldn't have fallen for the prank, you're too good, you can't be fooled...if only you could've taken the call, the nurse would be alive today. A husband wouldn't have lost his wife, and 2 children wouldn't have lost their mother.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

He's 25.

For people who are older than 25, well, they know that life and mind hasn't truly developed at that age.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

When I was 25 I woulda said "No you are wrong" but as I look back you are right.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Whenever I am deeply saddened about somebody's death or sorrow, I tell the family in person, not through a spokesman. I watch them in the eye to show them that I mean it.

Royalty belongs to fairy tales and movies. It no longer has any relevance in our society. They don't know about the lives of regular people. They don't even have to cook their own food or run their errands.

As far as I'm concerned, they don't even deserve to be mentioned on ATS.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Surely there is something really wrong with this.. The prank it's self wasn't even that bad.. i mean nothing that can cause suicide anyway.. Here is the original broadcast, don't know if it has been posted in this thread didn't read through all pages.

R.I.P.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Zatox

5 posts above yours.....
2th

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
maybe the nurse who spoke to the 'queen' killed the nurse acting as receptionist, blaming her for receiving/passing on the call?

I dont see why the nurse acting as receptionist would kill herself just for transferring a call, the other nurse who actually spoke to 'the queen' should have told her "I can not give you that information." Privacy is something treated very very seriously at hospitals, and you would think in the case of treating the royals they would have received *specific* instruction not to give out private details to anyone, regardless of whom they claim to be - imagine how many reporters would be pretending to be such and such's uncle or something trying to get the inside story.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I think the hospital fired her after the incident, and thus that led to her suicide. Obviously the hospital isn't going to admit to this since they would get sued...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Chong

Yeah thats what I think, that is the only conspiracy here.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
AS I have said in a previous post it is not what she did, if she was killed it probably wasn't even because of the prank call (although that provides a handy cover). IF and I enthasise the IF she was killed then it was because of what she knew. This is a very small hospital, private hospitals of this size don't have the huge volume of nurses that say a large NHS hospital does. Therefore all of the nurses share the care responibilities for all patients, that means that this particular nurse would have had a hand in Kates care. Having worked on hospital wards it is amazing what you overhear families talking about whilst you are going about your business. I was also contually amazed by amount of medical history that families are unaware of with regards to their loved ones.
IF she was killed, it is not beyond imagination that it could have been bescause of something that she found out that only a small select group of medical professionals were supposed to be privy too.
edit on 8/12/2012 by avriel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Sorry for the confusion. So many people have been saying receptionist that it turned into common misinformation. I fixed my post.

If I would have taken that call I would have asked for some advice from my superiors before vomiting out confidential information like it was no big deal, and honestly, I would have been a little suspicious with all the silly noises in the background, and a "Queen" on the phone who suspiciously sounds like a 20 year old girl doing a blatantly fake accent.

Originally posted by Unrealised
He's 25.

For people who are older than 25, well, they know that life and mind hasn't truly developed at that age.

I don't want to get off topic here, but any scientist would disagree. The brain actually is fully developed by the age of 25.

www.examiner.com...
edit on 8-12-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Sorry for the confusion. So many people have been saying receptionist that it turned into common misinformation. I fixed my post.

If I would have taken that call I would have asked for some advice from my superiors before vomiting out confidential information like it was no big deal, and honestly, I would have been a little suspicious with all the silly noises in the background, and a "Queen" on the phone who suspiciously sounds like a 20 year old girl doing a blatantly fake accent.

It was an ostensibly private hospital. Do you really think that any of her superiors are going to be in at 5.30 in the morning. After all, the fact she was doubling-up as receptionist gives some clue as to staffing levels at that time.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Xaphan:

I would have asked for some advice from my superiors before vomiting out confidential information like it was no big deal, and honestly, I would have been a little suspicious with all the silly noises in the background, and a "Queen" on the phone who suspiciously sounds like a 20 year old girl doing a blatantly fake accent.

I really ought to take that spade away from you, or is the hole not deep enough?

The nurse didn't 'vomit' anything out, she gave no details, she merely passed the call on to Kate Middleton's private nurse. How can you ask your superiors anything, you're alone at the time, and you have the Queen of England on the phone...one doesn't simply place her on hold!

Mel Greig, the female of the DJs is not 20 years old, but 30years old, and although the accents were off, the tonal quality of her impersonation was sure enough to fool.

Like I said, you are simply too clever to be fooled, you're too sharp, you're 25 and bright...and still digging a hole.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Nah it is not uncommon in hospitals, receptionists normally do 9 to 5.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Nah it is not uncommon in hospitals, receptionists normally do 9 to 5.

8 to 4 or 8.30 to 4.30 in our place. We've even stripped back on the switchboard as much of it is automated (and #ing useless) now.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I think you are missing the main subject here, Kate is in the hospital for what ? puking in the morning ?
come on now - I be she is the only female on earth in the hospital for morning sickness.
after pondering this story for about 24 hours - this is what gets thrown up - vomitted if you like -
This is a way to promote the newlyweds as better than everyone else - they are acting like Monarchs -
the fudal kings of past - she farted - get me another women. - anyway, the mysterous death isn't so mysterous'
they are claiming the right to kill anyone - and have been doing for a very long time ... they own them - they own us all *they think* and what authority is going to stop them - their employee's their surfs ... yea - right ...
their mother is better than your mother - I wonder if they breath pre cleaned air... ?
A nother clue that the nurse was killed - is what happened to the DJ's ... they were suspended >.. ???
why - ??? doing what they do ??? thats their gig in the mornings... and they might no be on any more at all.
edit on 8-12-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
I think you are missing the main subject here, Kate is in the hospital for what ? puking in the morning ?
come on now - I be she is the only female on earth in the hospital for morning sickness.

It's a fairly specific type of morning sickness. It's not 'regular' morning sickness, and only affects something like 0.5% of all new mothers. The problem here is dehydration and needing a drip rather than getting sick on your shoes. Also, it's not even 'morning sickness' in these cases, it's usually round the clock vomiting and not keeping anything down at all.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Just to give a little insight into the British public for those outside the UK who keep insisting there was only an outcry because the royals were involved.......

If 2 radio DJ's based in the UK decided to call a busy working hospital, and pranked two nurses while at their place of work while performing nursing duties....and the two nurses were looking after "joe bloggs" and not a member of the royal public.If this prank was designed for it's listeners to have a "few laughs" at the expense of the nurses, who have a massively important role in our society, who have little time for this type of foolish and childish distractions when peoples health and well being is in their care.........

Then there still would have been an outcry ( warranted, not with the same amount of media coverage).....with or without a suicide! And the DJ's would have been dealt with accordingly.And yes it would have made national news still even without the Royal's involved.

If others can't "get" the implications and lack of respect of this so called prank and just view it as a joke blown out of proportion then i feel sorry for your obvious lack of moral's.My concern is not that the Royal's were involved....but that a pregnant woman being treated in hospital and the nurses caring for her WERE!

As far as the two DJ's are concerned....I have no doubt that they just viewed their "prank" as a harmless joke and intended no malice. And i do feel kinda sorry that they will live with the greater implications for their actions because of a mindless episode. But as with other professions if you make a wrong decision or a bad call then the responsibility for that comes back on you.
It seems they may have committed " professional suicide" over this incident ( no pun intended i don't think any of this is a joke) But the only fault is their own.

As some are completely stuck on the issue of the Royal family and how they "fleece" us the British public I suggest you do some actual real research based on facts. Yes the royal family doesn't come cheap....but the income and revenue they bring into the UK including tourism means they pay for themselves tenfold! It costs each taxpayer in the UK less than £1 a year to "keep" them.Oh and apart from the queen, the other royal's pay tax on their income.
I get sick of people from other countries presuming us Brit's are gullible fools for having and maintaining a monarchy.....and in fact there are plenty that live in the UK who have that view also who are ignorant to the financial benefit.

I don't consider myself to be a Royalist as such....I don't think they are anything special and idolize them......but they make good business sense.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23
Just to give a little insight into the British public for those outside the UK who keep insisting there was only an outcry because the royals were involved.......

If 2 radio DJ's based in the UK decided to call a busy working hospital, and pranked two nurses while at their place of work while performing nursing duties....and the two nurses were looking after "joe bloggs" and not a member of the royal public.If this prank was designed for it's listeners to have a "few laughs" at the expense of the nurses, who have a massively important role in our society, who have little time for this type of foolish and childish distractions when peoples health and well being is in their care.........

Then there still would have been an outcry ( warranted, not with the same amount of media coverage).....with or without a suicide! And the DJ's would have been dealt with accordingly.And yes it would have made national news still even without the Royal's involved.

You've missed out the part where Jeremy Hunt and the rest of the Tories were frothing and claiming that this was proof that the NHS is not fit for purpose and only private sector intervention can save it.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join