Kate/William 'deeply saddened' to hear 'excellent' nurse who put through Australian DJs' hoax

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

So she was in debt and depressed? you know that for a fact? A Private Hospital Nurse in debt? Likely or could be are not definitely are in either state. She wasn't recieving any stress from either Employers or Will and Kate in fact it was classed as nothing important and yet..... well you know the outcome. Still doesn't fly.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

And another why to add to your list, why did they feel the need to run it past a legal team before airing it?

One other thing that looks bad, is they issued an apology for the prank, then continued to promote and brag about it.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Image and career are not more important than life itself, and that is not what I said. You do realize than you can have a career to be proud of AND have a great life too, right?

That is what you implied. You replied to posts saying they couldn't understand why she killed herself.

You said this,

You're another one of those people who doesn't understand actually working to achieve something, being respected in your field, and then being humiliated and seeing it all end.

Implying exactly that. Are you not saying that her career and image were more important than living?

But you obviously haven't achieved much after decades of training and dedicated work, otherwise you would understand why she probably felt so humiliated. Welcome to being an adult. Adults work to achieve something. Many adults are proud of the work they do and the careers they have. One day, maybe when you've realized that a part time job at Subway is not considered an achievement, you'll get it. But until you actually have a career, you probably wont.

Apperently, I have achieved more than you.

Under no circumstance would I kill myself over my career, and my image, and leave children behind.

If you feel that you made it because you would, or can understand it in such a case you are nowhere near my level, and basically a pathetic soulless human being.

Also, your level of arrogance is astounding.

You think you are the only one that has to work? You think you are better than the guy working at subway?

It is perfectly clear what kind of person you are.

edit on 8-12-2012 by RandomEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by RandomEd

Nice to see the considered and well thought-through arguments flourishing here.

Come on, you can do better than that. What do you not agree with? The fact that only idiots and low functioning teenagers think this kind of prank is funny?

I assure you Im no idiot or low functioning teenager and I found it hilarious, the absolute absurdity of it was great.
I mean Cmon, she didnt even sound English and when she asked Prince Charles to give her a lift and he was calling her Mummy!!!!!!!!!

You could tell she was a little bit in awe and maybe not thinking straight but she didnt say anything that wasnt in a paper or broadcast on the news by the media camped outside.

I dont think any repercussions would have resulted from this on either side had this tragedy not occurred, it reminds me of the time a Canadian DJ got through to the Queen while pretending to be the prime minister of Canada

It is not the first time a member of the royal family has been the subject of a prank call. In 1995 a Canadian DJ pretending to be Canada's then prime minister, Jean Chretien, was put through to the Queen and spoke for around 15 minutes, during which he asked her to record a speech in support of Canadian unity before a referendum in Quebec.

cant find it on youtube but found this one with Sarah Palin being punked by another 2 Canadian DJs

Both funny coz no one died.

This is a tragedy no doubt but for those calling the DJs terrorists or saying they deserve to lose their jobs etc etc you really need to get a grip on reality.

Perhaps we should only do things that has no possibility WHATSOEVER of physically, emotionally or mentally affecting people
No prank calls- the person on the other end may be unstable
No driving- we could run over someones pet
No being happy if your sporting team wins- someone who supports the losing team could get upset
No dating- someone else may like the person and have a breakdown if they become unavailable

I could go on but you all get the point, the above examples are deliberately ridiculous as are the people placing blame on the DJs

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
C'mon guys this is a conpiracy site...

The baby has been delivered and it was a boy...all what needed was a ritual sacrifice (cough..murder). You know....like 'they' did Diana but than for an other purpose?

Anyways..RIP Lady.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I guess you haven't been actually watching the news? There has been plenty of debate in the UK about the security and privacy of Kate as a result of this call, before the death of the nurse.

I don't see how this is relevant in regards to my comment you replied to. They weren't condemning the DJ's at that point in time, were they?

That kneejerking started after she died, my point exactly.

I don't know what the laws are in Australia, but pretending to be someone else in order to gain access to medical information about another person is a criminal offence. When that other person is a member of the Royal family, it's a thousand times worse! Those DJ's should feel lucky that they weren't immediately arrested and detained under anti-terror laws!

1000 times worse? Because they are Royal? You seem to have this notion that some people are worth more then others. You seem to think that you are worth more then others.

Better than Australians, better than the guy at Subway.

My initial reaction of,

was just spot on and complete.

Anyway, if they had a case they would've been all over it by now.
edit on 8-12-2012 by RandomEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

So okay then tell me your outrage in this statement and do expect you to consider the errors of your ways M8, that is, to accept a highly trained nurse as you say, so busy having to stop her job to fulfill a £7.50 an hour job of receptionist! She was trained to NURSE and not answer phones. The hospital should take the blame for allowing an untrained person to do a job!

I am sick and tired of Sheeples here missing that clear point. You all want to say how inappropriate the DJ's were, well, HOW about how inappropriate it was for such an important patient being in a hospital without proper staff to answer phones KNOWing that making Queenie Jr a highlight in the news would bring extra attention to that hospital.... That is GROSS negligence IMHO!

Talk about GROSS negligence of the hospital! Not taking responsibility for their actions and lack of respect for the nurse, making a highly qualified nurse to work below her station! Talk about passing the buck. I expect you sir never to or have watch any TV shows or listen to any radio stations during commute that features prank calls. I have traveled all over the world and love to drive so I drive myself to meetings listening to radio stations during commuting hours that feature several DJ's making fun - of EVERYTHING. They are everywhere in almost every city I driven in USA (don't listen to Englander Radio as FM here is America's AM and I don't listen to AM)! So with your attitude Sir you now may not watch Beedles About (Englanders copy of Alan Funk's Candid Camera) or Candid Camera or Punk'd as the whole point of the fun is that someone does not knowing what is going on. Alan Funk started this in the late 60's with Candid Camera and in 1970 did a movie "What Do You Say to a Naked Lady" as if you watch these programs then you support this kind of joke....

This poor woman suicide has been labeled by the police as suspicions and they are not going to investigate. Say What?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Wheres your outrage as the DJ's may be innocent of your thought police crimes and the suspicious death will not be investigated..... Would you be satisfied if this was YOUR daughter who left behind children that need rearing?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
reply to post by Knobby

So she was in debt and depressed? you know that for a fact? A Private Hospital Nurse in debt? Likely or could be are not definitely are in either state. She wasn't recieving any stress from either Employers or Will and Kate in fact it was classed as nothing important and yet..... well you know the outcome. Still doesn't fly.

I was referring to the 2 people I knew. People kill themselves all the time, but I don't assume 'is that all?'

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It sad, I am not a nurse and don't work at the hospital.. I would probably would make a same mistake as she made mistake
...we are only human... I pray for nurse family and Kate-William...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RandomEd

No...the only reason why people are outraged about this ISN'T because someone committed suicide and without that fact no one would give it a second thought! I can tell you you are wrong.

Even with or without a suicide....with or without the Royal's being involved, there would have been a British outcry.
No one seems able to get their head around why this is so, so i will try to explain one more time.....

The British public are very proud and respectful of the job our nurses do.That may not be filtered down to our government and politicians who seem hell bent on making working conditions and pay hard for them...but that is why we respect them even more! Being a nurse isn't a great career choice here considering the pay and the unbearable stress put upon the system they work for.....It is something people do because they are dedicated to the health of others. So that means me and the vast majority of people in the UK feel indebted to them and have utmost respect for them!
So using nurses for a few laughs in this way while they are going about a busy night shift doing a job that should be respected no matter what country you live in...is not acceptable.Those in the UK who think it is are in the minority...and those who show little regard for their own nursing staff in other countries should re-evaluate the importance and respect they have for them.....but that is just my own opinion.

The nurse in question was answering the phone....this happens a lot on night shifts when they are on skeletal staff....so no doubt she was juggling answering the phone with also caring for patients at the same time.Do i find it funny that at 5 30 am while she was doing this she along with another nurse who was WORKING at the time caring for a patient, were made the butt of some ridiculous prank? No I don't

Take the suicide out of the equation....take the Royal's out of the equation...this was still disrespectful and wrong

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Well quite simply it is another one of those "accidents" associated with the royal family.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by IceHappy

This poor woman suicide has been labeled by the police as suspicions and they are not going to investigate. Say What?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I am not trying to be a smart arse....but i would be genuinely interested if either yourself or someone else posted a link to the information that states her death is being treated as suspicious......because all i can find is that the police AREN'T treating her death as suspicious and aren't looking for anyone else in connection with her death and it is a suspected suicide case.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11
Well quite simply it is another one of those "accidents" associated with the royal family.

I also see that Paul Burrell is still alive and kicking.

The list of people who have angered or embarrassed the Royals ( and still live) continues to grow.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

Can you post some links of the outrage prior to her death?

You are making this about nurses, but it never was about nurses. It just happened to end up this way.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

I don't think that most people that see a conspiracy here, think that she was killed out of revenge.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RandomEd

I've seen quite a few 'nobody messes with the Royals' type of posts.

I wonder how that French photographer is getting on?

Or the magistrate that gave Anne a criminal record?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

That could never happen In the US no matter who was calling.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEd
reply to post by Logos23

Can you post some links of the outrage prior to her death?

You are making this about nurses, but it never was about nurses. It just happened to end up this way.

It is impossible for me to find a link prior to the suicide because the internet is flooded with events after her death!

But the nurses death is not the first we saw of peoples outrage, it was all over the news stations prior to this! If it was no big deal prior to the suicide then why did America and other countries send their news people to the UK to cover it?
But I already stated that of course without the royals involvement there would not have been the same news coverage.I was talking about public outcry....public opinion.....I believe that how i expressed that is a true representation of how the vast majority of British people viewed it....and yes even before her death!

Never been about nurses? The only two people this prank involved WERE nurses....they were the ones on the receiving end of this prank....they were the ones they sought to deceive and make fun of.....after all by their own admittance they never expected to get close to those near to Kate.....so explain to me how it was never about nurses?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

I just found it strange how neither of them sensed that something about the call was odd. It sounded so... for lack of a better word, childish.

So someone said she was in debt.

I have a theory, but I ain't going to post it.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
DJs and television personalities do these kinds of pranks all the time. I could point some out, but there are certainly too many to list. Many people are portrayed in embarrassing situations on YouTube.
However, I can't recall anyone committing suicide just because they were on the receiving end of a prank.
And if their bosses had come down on them, then their bosses should have thought twice and lightened up about it. No harm was was done as a result of the prank. And on that track, who the hell would kill themselves just because their boss was pissed over something silly?

If the woman took her own life, that was her choice. The prank itself was not malicious in intent.
It's sad indeed that she took this action, but I certainly don't think the DJs are bad people, or even in the wrong. They weren't doing something that hasn't been done a thousand times before, and many people thought it was funny right up until the nurse turned up dead.

Perhaps this woman came from a different cultural or religious background, and this type of public embarrassment was too much for her to bear. Perhaps she suffered from depression, and was predisposed to this type of behavior.

Maybe the royal family had her killed. Maybe her boss had her killed. No matter what the scenario, the DJs are not to blame. Coming down on the them is a case of political correctness gone wild, and people are just piling on them because they can. I'm sure the DJs are mortified and have compassion for this woman. I'm certain that they never wanted anything remotely like this to happen and that they feel remorse. Trying to portray the DJs as bad people won't help anyone at all.

edit on 8-12-2012 by moonzoo7 because: typo

new topics
top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join