It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kate/William 'deeply saddened' to hear 'excellent' nurse who put through Australian DJs' hoax

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneggod

Originally posted by paradisepurple
Slightly off-topic but I also wonder why Kate's pregnancy was announced prior to the safe 12 weeks.... Hardly anyone does this these days

I remember when I got pregnant and was so excited that I couldn't resist telling everyone straight away.... And then it was a nightmare having to tell everyone that I'd had a miscarriage...

It wouldn't have been hard for them to have denied it until the safe period, even with rumours abounding... Yeah, it's all very odd, this pregnancy... Maybe it is the Antichrist

Maybe she was in there for something else. A procedure or new boobs or something. 3 days in hospital is a long time just for morning sickness. With my son I had 40 weeks of morning sickness never once did they keep me in over night, they got the fluids up & then I was sent on my way with notes on what to do. If she can't cope with morning sickness how is she going to cope with a screaming newborn?

She's part of the Royal Family.

They take care of their own as if they're made of fine China.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I do not believe for one minute that this woman committed suicide. She was bumped off, plain and simple.

The media always portrays situations like this as a 'sad loss', a 'committed nurse' the palace gives its 'full support' and so on. All to satisfy and deceive a pacifist and weak population.

If you cannot see through this blatant smoke screen then you are blind!

Don't mess with the Royal Family - you'll be dead.

I wonder how long the radio DJ's have left. It wouldn't surprise me if we hear some bizarre story of one of them dying in a few years time.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisper
The childs not even born yet people dying around it..... anti-christ.....

Oh god, I just had that clip of the Omen in my head..

"Damien... DAMIEN.. I did it all for youuuuu*snap*" as the nanny jumps off the roof.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradisepurple
Slightly off-topic but I also wonder why Kate's pregnancy was announced prior to the safe 12 weeks.... Hardly anyone does this these days

She was rushed to hospital. Before they said it was morning sickness, no one knew she was pregnant.

So they revealed the pregnancy then.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by xszawe
jeez people cant take a joke anymore
to commit suicide over something like that is foolish

Yes people can take a joke, some better than others.....

To state that it is foolish to commit suicide is so wrong to say.....

You don't know the mindset of the nurse in question....

You don't know what else is going on in her life...

You don't know her mental state....

Just because she is a nurse doesn't mean to say that she has no mental health issues or other health problems....

She may have been coping just enough to keep herself going, but this worldwide media attention was obviously just enough to tip her over the edge.....

Try and think outside the box a little bit, don't judge everybody else by the way things are in your life or the way that you think....

Remember that things can change in your life at the drop of a hat....

One day things are brilliant, the next day you could be standing at the bottom of the well and trying to climb above the darkness.....

Just try and think before you make a statement about the life of somebody else......

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Well, I hope those DJ's are real proud of themselves either way.
I'm sure they are, after all, look at all the media coverage they received.

Why shouldn't they be proud of themselves? They were doing their jobs as radio personalities, it's not like they pushed the woman out of a window. If the woman had such severe mental issues, she probably shouldn't have even been working in the hospital.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by Logos23

Ya know, I've worked in radio and I can tell you from experience that now days most prank calls are staged or even out right hoaxes (atleast here in the USA). And this is pretty much why. There are many stations that just don't want to carry the liability if it goes wrong.

In Aus, well we take it a little bit more... serial.

Good thing the guy on the other end didn't kill himself, Guido would be most unsatisfied.

I just cannot accept the attitude that these DJ's deserve to be sacked. There have even been muppets like Kelly Osbourne calling for them to be put in prison.

Far out, it's insanity...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Just because she is a nurse doesn't mean to say that she has no mental health issues or other health problems....

She may have been coping just enough to keep herself going, but this worldwide media attention was obviously just enough to tip her over the edge.

She should have been on leave then. I don't want someone on the brink of suicide responsible for potentially deadly drugs being administered to me at the hospital. Or responsible for keeping medical instruments sanitized from viral or bacteria diseases.

Those duties fall under the nursing field...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by chemistry
I do not believe for one minute that this woman committed suicide. She was bumped off, plain and simple.

Why? What did she do?

If you can answer that without re-reading the article or using google, and still be correct in any sense of the meaning, I'll be impressed.

Cheers,

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

She may have been coping just enough to keep herself going, but this worldwide media attention was obviously just enough to tip her over the edge.

She should have been on leave then. I don't want someone on the brink of suicide responsible for potentially deadly drugs being administered to me at the hospital. Or responsible for keeping medical instruments sanitized from viral or bacteria diseases.

Those duties fall under the nursing field...

Why should she be on leave?

There are millions of people in all kinds of jobs who suffer with mental health issues such as depression, bipolar, etc......

I have suffered with the above for over 30 years, but I have still had to go to work because if I didn't then there would be no money to pay the bills and such like....

Many people can hide their illness to a degree and learn to cope with it, but sometimes things get a little too much to cope with and that is when breakdowns occur..

Even when people are ill it doesn't mean that they can just go on the sick, they just hide it and get on with life as best as they can....

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by lovebeck

I have not heard or read anything regarding if she was reprimanded, etc, but honestly, short of coming up with secret code words or something of the sort, how was she to know she was not speaking to the Queen and Prince Charles?

Exactly right....and Kate's security team would have known this and taken steps to protect someone from trying to get unauthorized info.

I'm sure there was LOT her security team could have done besides code words (though you think they would at least have that). Heck, even I have something on my phone which reveals the real caller id.

There is no WAY assessment of calls would have been left for a nurse to make. No way!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Come on, that's not fair!

This is a painful tragedy, a shock, but to blame them is like blaming the driver of a car when a drunk person stumbles out onto the road.

These sort of radio contests occur all over the world on a daily level, however after this event id expect them to be regulated to some extent now.

I feel sorry for everyone, family, radio jocks, hospital.. I did actually wonder what the poor girl would experience after the event, ridicule and such.. never expected it to go to this extent!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Family relatives do not have special access rights for privacy, unless it is the parent of a minor.

She should not have given any information out to anyone except the person in question.

hudband, wife, grandmother, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, whatever -
Being someone who's had serious issues with a manipulative controlling mother, I've encountered these kinds of privacy breaches all the time and they are NOT OK. You should not presume to know my family situation, you should not presume 'it will be ok'. If you are in charge of my private information you will give it to NOONE but myself or someone I have given express permission to - and if someone says I gave them permission you ASK ME.
edit on 7-12-2012 by cartesia because: reworded

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I have suffered with the above for over 30 years, but I have still had to go to work because if I didn't then there would be no money to pay the bills and such like....

Many people can hide their illness to a degree and learn to cope with it, but sometimes things get a little too much to cope with and that is when breakdowns occur..

Even when people are ill it doesn't mean that they can just go on the sick, they just hide it and get on with life as best as they can....

I'm sorry to hear you have battles with such things. But this is something that should be overcome with support of family, coworkers and friends. It isn't something you should have to 'hide'. And by support, I don't mean, "hugs" or nonsense like that.

People around me don't have these problems. If I saw the problems I would address them. But as far as her going on leave, if it was just a simple breakdown maybe, but you really think you could jump out of a window tomorrow? Her condition must have been pretty grim for awhile now, people usually don't make these decisions overnight.

Either that, or perhaps her wellness was being entirely overlooked.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
You have the sympathy of a 3 year old.

Start to shave and become a man with a heart.

I'd imagine that a 3 year old actually has more sympathy than a grown adult, considering that toddlers don't have a grasp of cold, hard logic.

Why should we feel sympathy for somebody that killed herself because she got trolled? She should have done what most other people would do. Go home, have a drink, watch a funny movie and have a laugh and try to brush it off. Tomorrow is another day. This is even more absurd than people bawwing over the Amanda Todd incident.
edit on 7-12-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I'm a bit confused by this. I'm australian and don't really care for the brit royals, but someone committing suicide over a prank makes no sense (if this is the case). I'm not calling this a conspiracy either. Poor person probably just had a lot on their plate, and now.. lo and behold, it's relating back to the royals.. for?.. headlines! yes that's right.. what a croc of s&%t. Who cares (about the royals)?, the story should be about real problems leading to suicide; bullying, domestic violence, depression, can't make ends meat etc.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
If the woman was unstable enough to top herself over a harmless prank (anyone ever hear of Crank Yankers??), people should be asking what presssures her employment put on her after the incident and is it in fact better that she's gone, given she was teetering on the edge anyway?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Originally posted by Unrealised
You have the sympathy of a 3 year old.

Start to shave and become a man with a heart.

I'd imagine that a 3 year old actually has more sympathy than a grown adult, considering that toddlers don't have a grasp of cold, hard logic.

Why should we feel sympathy for somebody that killed herself because she got trolled? She should have done what most other people would do. Go home, have a drink, watch a funny movie and have a laugh and try to brush it off. Tomorrow is another day. This is even more absurd than people bawwing over the Amanda Todd incident.
edit on 7-12-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

Just grow up, kid.

Seriously.

Have some empathy and come back when you're of the legal age to drive.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Why is this ATS news worthy? Conspiracy perhaps concerning her death but.. I should ask.. why is this a big deal at all? Who was this woman and why would these people feel strongly about her? I know nothing of this situation. Please someone give me a heads up.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I can see as how this might "throw someone over the edge" (to commit suicide)

But I cannot see as how this "prank" ......... ALONE!.......... would cause anyone to actually complete the act.

Im am sure that there were many underlying issues.

This incident was only a small fraction of the "happenings" in her life, that led to her to choose her own demise

I cannot lay blame upon the DJ's shoulders.....................although I disapprove of their actions

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join