It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kate/William 'deeply saddened' to hear 'excellent' nurse who put through Australian DJs' hoax

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
I think you are missing the main subject here, Kate is in the hospital for what ? puking in the morning ?
come on now - I be she is the only female on earth in the hospital for morning sickness.

It's a fairly specific type of morning sickness. It's not 'regular' morning sickness, and only affects something like 0.5% of all new mothers. The problem here is dehydration and needing a drip rather than getting sick on your shoes. Also, it's not even 'morning sickness' in these cases, it's usually round the clock vomiting and not keeping anything down at all.

ABSOLUTELY! I am so sick of people who know nothing about the condition referring to it as average morning sickness!
I have been hospitalized for the same thing also in a NHS hospital, where beds are scarce and people dont get admitted for nothing! It is more likely to occur when you are expecting multiples....I was expecting twins.
The issue with this condition is dehydration as it is impossible to keep ANYTHING down doubled with the loss of fluids as a result of being constantly sick. It is a real condition needing real attention.
I have five kids....i know the difference between morning sickness and this elevated condition.
But it doesn't stop people ranting on about things they know nothing about.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire
The nurse didn't 'vomit' anything out, she gave no details, she merely passed the call on to Kate Middleton's private nurse. How can you ask your superiors anything, you're alone at the time, and you have the Queen of England on the phone...one doesn't simply place her on hold!

Mel Greig, the female of the DJs is not 20 years old, but 30years old, and although the accents were off, the tonal quality of her impersonation was sure enough to fool.

Like I said, you are simply too clever to be fooled, you're too sharp, you're 25 and bright...and still digging a hole.

That's what I meant when I made that post, the private nurse, as none of this would have happened if the call hadn't been passed to the private nurse. I just found it strange how neither of them sensed that something about the call was odd. It sounded so... for lack of a better word, childish.

I wasn't stating that her age was in fact 20. I said "sounds like, meaning that she clearly sounded too young to be the Queen.

Maybe I am nit-picking at them too much. They might not have been too adept at detecting these types of calls. I used to be a phone griefer when I was much younger so maybe that's why it's so obvious to me.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
talk about Stockholm syndrome in this thread.

You people basically need to lighting up the call was funny.

I'm betting you guys have pranked called people in your life, I still do it. Its entertainment gotta make someone smile in this miserable world.

Them DJ's should be commended for finding a hole in a hospitals system of doing things, not fired.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Yeah yeah yeah Suicide my butt, just like Diana "accident"

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by xszawe
jeez people cant take a joke anymore
to commit suicide over something like that is foolish

You're another one of those people who doesn't understand actually working to achieve something, being respected in your field, and then being humiliated and seeing it all end.

What many don't seem to understand (especially Australians) is that many British Nurses are incredibly proud of the work that they do, and rightly so. They work damn hard, and they get little back in the form of pay or recognition for all the hours they put in.

For a nurse like Jasintha being trusted to work with British Royalty would have been an incredible responsibility. Patient confidentiality is already a major issue in the UK, and when that patient is a member of the Royal family it becomes a national security issue, not just a civil issue.

I don't know what the laws are in Australia, but pretending to be someone else in order to gain access to medical information about another person is a criminal offence. When that other person is a member of the Royal family, it's a thousand times worse! Those DJ's should feel lucky that they weren't immediately arrested and detained under anti-terror laws!

If Abu Hamza had paid someone to try to get information out of that hospital about a Royal you can bet he'd have his door kicked in and all his family arrested within 24 hours.

I've looked into this radio station, and it really is some of the most puerile BS I think I have ever seen. Seriously, these two retards are not adults, they're barely functioning children. I thought the fiasco of Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand was bad enough, but at least they had some intelligence behind their humour. These two Australian wastes of skin don't even have that. They're just nice looking idiots with no talent, so they have to resort to the worst BS to please their audience and get some ratings.

What they did is illegal IMO, what Jasintha did in response shows the humiliation their "prank" caused. She was globally insulted and implicated, made out to be untrustworthy. Whether the hospital or the family was taking action or complaining - or not - is irrelevant. This was a career damaging moment for her.

I get the feeling most of those defending this prank are kids, who have little understanding of the work that goes into building a career, or the self worth and responsibility adults feel about their careers. Kids have no frame of reference, they have little to be proud of and no responsibilities beyond getting their homework in on time.

When these people have a career they have spent decades building, and they see it potentially destroyed overnight by the actions of someone else acting fraudulently, then maybe they'll actually get it. Until then they'll just b!tch about it being a prank and everything else an overreaction.

Interesting that karma seems to be doing her job now too. These two DJ's attacked and humiliated an innocent woman, potentially ending her career, and now they face global humiliation and the end of their careers too! Well done karma!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by amraks
I'm betting you guys have pranked called people in your life, I still do it. Its entertainment gotta make someone smile in this miserable world.

Them DJ's should be commended for finding a hole in a hospitals system of doing things, not fired.

Calling a friend to convince them they've won the lottery is one thing. Calling a hospital and pretending to be royalty at 5.30 am and duping someone into breaking the law is a completely different thing. To then broadcast that around the world, risking ending the careers of two innocent people, is NOT A PRANK.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

THis is in response to your last but one post, i dont want to quote it cos itll take up too much space, but ive got to say i couldnt agree more with everything youve said there, absolutely well said darling, id give you millions flags if i could.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Calling a friend to convince them they've won the lottery is one thing. Calling a hospital and pretending to be royalty at 5.30 am and duping someone into breaking the law is a completely different thing. To then broadcast that around the world, risking ending the careers of two innocent people, is NOT A PRANK.

Did the DJ´s broadcast it around the world? No they didn't. Blame the whole media if you feel the need to blame someone.

If someone is to blame it's the security forces that didn't make sure something like this was impossible.

The DJ's didn't even expect to pull it off.

You sound hysterical.
edit on 8-12-2012 by RandomEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by amraks

Ive never pranked called anyone, i wouldnt even do it to my ex-husband
. I dont get my kicks out of tricking people i prefer less childish ways of having a laugh. So i partly agree with you there. Dont even ring me and tell me ive won the lottery please DI, id be gutted if i found out i hadnt i could really do with the money!!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Well, I hope those DJ's are real proud of themselves either way.
I'm sure they are, after all, look at all the media coverage they received.

I'd imagine they will be pretty devastated, they are not monsters and are only guilty of an unfunny prank that went terribly wrong.

If you think they are giving it 'high fives', then I would say that you are wrong.

On a different matter, to all the people who think the Windsors 'do away' with a lot of people...

How is Michael Fagan getting on? I wonder if they still celebrate him at Celtic Park.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEd

Nice to see the considered and well thought-through arguments flourishing here.

Come on, you can do better than that. What do you not agree with? The fact that only idiots and low functioning teenagers think this kind of prank is funny?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

The fact that only idiots and low functioning teenagers think this kind of prank is funny?

Don't be such a hysterical, hypocritical kneejerk.

It was funny, and the only reason you are whining is because it accidentally caused a death, and now you feel it's the right thing to do.

If she hadn't died, noone, absolutely noone, would have said a thing about the prank, and neither would you.

Nice to see the considered and well thought-through arguments flourishing here.

If you wouldn't have been so hysterical you might have waited a few minutes for the rest.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
A suicide Note doesn't always mean Suicide.... I'm not buying it
Loving Mother of two children
Motherhood is a very strong instinct
I'll wait to here the cause of death before I decide.
edit on 8-12-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Even before this "suicide" the DJs said they never thought they would actually get through on the line. They probably thought they would reach some type of security check point and be told no. They could then make a few funny comments before they were hung up on.

So I don't really believe they intended to get private medical info - if they did they may have pressed for a few more questions like is she having twins, how many times is she puking, ect.

They were shocked there was no security - and if anyone believes they really didn't have any - they are they ones who are crazy!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

I've known 2 people to commit suicide.

Both were mothers with 3 children and 2 children.

Very sad but not suspicious. Just debt and depression.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

The fact that only idiots and low functioning teenagers think this kind of prank is funny?

Don't be such a hysterical, hypocritical kneejerk.

It was funny, and the only reason you are whining is because it accidentally caused a death, and now you feel it's the right thing to do.

If she hadn't died, noone, absolutely noone, would have said a thing about the prank, and neither would you.

I guess you haven't been actually watching the news?

There has been plenty of debate in the UK about the security and privacy of Kate as a result of this call, before the death of the nurse.

The freedom of the press has been a huge debate here over the last five years. We've seen the Leveson Inquiry into press standards after it was found that "journalists" were hacking anywhere and everywhere they could to get information on everyone in government and the Royal family.

Please do not try to reinvent fact and history to make yourself feel better about defending this idiocy. They broke the law, they had no regard for the careers of people they were humiliating, they attempted to get privileged information from medical staff about a member of the British Royal family.

The fact is, the people who defend this as just a joke have very low morality, very few thoughts beyond their own entertainment, they don't give a rats ass about anyone - anything is justified if it gives them a ten minute chuckle.

I think this is a modern phenomena of insane selfishness, only those with puerile humour get it, which is why these two DJ's were pandering to a teenage audience.

The difference is that these were two adults acting like teenagers. And a minority of other so-called adults are defending them too.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

You're another one of those people who doesn't understand actually working to achieve something, being respected in your field, and then being humiliated and seeing it all end.

Ah one of those, are there many people that meet those exact criteria? Did something cause you grief?

Thank god I am not one of those people that thinks image and career are more important than life itself.

Again,

What many don't seem to understand (especially Australians) is that many British Nurses are incredibly proud of the work that they do, and rightly so. They work damn hard, and they get little back in the form of pay or recognition for all the hours they put in.

Do not try to disguise your apparent hate for Australians, and try to leave your own grievances out of this.

What they did is illegal IMO, what Jasintha did in response shows the humiliation their "prank" caused. She was globally insulted and implicated, made out to be untrustworthy. Whether the hospital or the family was taking action or complaining - or not - is irrelevant. This was a career damaging moment for her.

Regardless of the prank, she did not do her job right.

When these people have a career they have spent decades building, and they see it potentially destroyed overnight by the actions of someone else acting fraudulently, then maybe they'll actually get it. Until then they'll just b!tch about it being a prank and everything else an overreaction.

If she didn't do anything wrong, then why would she have a career problem?

These two DJ's attacked and humiliated an innocent woman, potentially ending her career,

Attacked? You are such an hysterical drama king.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

Even before this "suicide" the DJs said they never thought they would actually get through on the line. They probably thought they would reach some type of security check point and be told no. They could then make a few funny comments before they were hung up on.

So why didn't they hang up when they did get through? Why did they keep it going? And why did the station then cash in on it for two days, repeating it over and over and milking it for everything they could get?

I'm not buying the idea that they are not responsible for their actions because security measures failed. I've worked in security, controlling access to more than 1000 businesses and homes on any given shift. I know the protocols for dealing with callers seeking information.

A nurse doesn't have that training or experience. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time and was duped. She probably had a thousand more important things to do and thought that whoever the caller was would be delt with by the nurse on the ward.

Suggesting thee DJ's are innocent because they managed to fool some tired nurse with more important things to do than vet all calls at 5.30 am is like suggesting that a looter is innocent because the window was already smashed.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Ah one of those, are there many people that meet those exact criteria? Did something cause you grief?

Thank god I am not one of those people that thinks image and career are more important than life itself.

Again,

Image and career are not more important than life itself, and that is not what I said. You do realize than you can have a career to be proud of AND have a great life too, right?

But you obviously haven't achieved much after decades of training and dedicated work, otherwise you would understand why she probably felt so humiliated.

Welcome to being an adult. Adults work to achieve something. Many adults are proud of the work they do and the careers they have.

One day, maybe when you've realized that a part time job at Subway is not considered an achievement, you'll get it. But until you actually have a career, you probably wont.
edit on 8-12-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
reply to post by Logos23

THis is in response to your last but one post, i dont want to quote it cos itll take up too much space, but ive got to say i couldnt agree more with everything youve said there, absolutely well said darling, id give you millions flags if i could.

It's soooo frustrating when people completely miss the point and argue for arguments sake without giving any regard for the facts and moral implications surrounding it,,,it's good to know that yourself and a couple of others on this thread have the capacity to digest events in an intelligent well thought out manner

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join