It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kate/William 'deeply saddened' to hear 'excellent' nurse who put through Australian DJs' hoax

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
i doubt it was a suicide i believe this poor woman was whacked whether by order of queen or special servicesb or some stupid fan of the royals if i was these djs i would be very very nervous. remember what happened when someone took nude pictures of the queens daughter.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
To blame the DJ's in this case is simply absurd. If nothing happened to the receptionist people would still be laughing about it. Now that it's gone bad we all immediately blame the pranksters. Pffftttt... we may as well just call pranking a person attempted murder while we are at it.

While I would be inclined to agree with you but we are all responsible for our own actions. Take these threads for example. What's the ATS standard again? You are responsible for your own posts and no one else. Take ownership. If nothing had happened and she was still alive well, then that's great. But as soon as you do something that has consequential results, well then, own it. This standard applies to every facet of life, including pranks.

edit on 8-12-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The lady in question was of Indian decent and had until 4 years ago been working in Saudi. She then relocated to the u.k.

A recent case, British Indian lady and her children are burnt to death in their home. She also worked in Saudi and relocated to the U.K. four years ago.

When it is an unusual death in odd circumstances and the words Saudi Arabia are involved. The official story is NEVER the truth.
edit on 8-12-2012 by Dhimmie because: love again

edit on 8-12-2012 by Dhimmie because: no condoms

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

It is impossible for me to find a link prior to the suicide because the internet is flooded with events after her death!

If there was a big outrage before the death i am sure it is documented, as everything is.

But the nurses death is not the first we saw of peoples outrage, it was all over the news stations prior to this! If it was no big deal prior to the suicide then why did America and other countries send their news people to the UK to cover it?

Maybe....because everyone thought it was funny, like I said?

Never been about nurses? The only two people this prank involved WERE nurses....they were the ones on the receiving end of this prank....they were the ones they sought to deceive and make fun of.....after all by their own admittance they never expected to get close to those near to Kate.....so explain to me how it was never about nurses?

Would they have called there if Katw wasn't there in the hospital? The prank was about getting to Kate. They didn't set out to specifically humiliate the nurses.

If the nurse was a bit smarter and not so easily impressed by the royals, it wouldn't even have happened.
edit on 8-12-2012 by RandomEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
i doubt it was a suicide i believe this poor woman was whacked whether by order of queen or special servicesb or some stupid fan of the royals if i was these djs i would be very very nervous. remember what happened when someone took nude pictures of the queens daughter.

What happened?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This is very sad... It reminds me of high school kids bullying other kids on Facebook or in school...and then they committ suicide. Public humility, let alone WORLD humility used to be a form of punishment let alone embarrassing! ...maybe Kate was her idol and she felt she betrayed her...wo knows..but the family of the nurse should press charges against the stupid insensitive dj's.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby
reply to post by RandomEd

I've seen quite a few 'nobody messes with the Royals' type of posts.

I wonder how that French photographer is getting on?

Or the magistrate that gave Anne a criminal record?

Ok, fair enough. I find it hard to believe that it would be out of revenge too. I think that if this is a conspiracy, it is ritualistic in nature.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

but the family of the nurse should press charges against the stupid insensitive dj's.

The nurse was the most stupid person in this story.

She should've verified the call. See what blind allegiance and worship can do to a person? She thought she heard the queen speak and forgot all about protocol.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I guess something is wrong with me then, because I didn't think the prank was funny when I first heard about it.

Agreed. The so called prank was moronic in the first place, and now the disgrace it brought down on its victim has resulted in them taking their own life. I guess morons are amused by moronic things and if you thought it was funny when you first heard of it, or that the DJ's bear no blame, then yes, you too are a moron.

People may think the nurse in question was foolish, but maybe her mind was occupied by things like saving lives when she was asked to fill in on the reception desk, rather than Being on the lookout for idiots on the phone.

People who are employed to deal with the public in security sensitive situations are trained in things like DPA, but are nurses? I honestly don't know that they are.
edit on 8-12-2012 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Wouldnt it occur to anyone that the Royals would have cell phones to contact each other and would not need to have calls put through a switchboard in the first place. I mean really, the rest of the world has gone wireless but not the palace?
I would have questioned these callers a little further too. Does the Queen make her own phone calls? I would think a secretary would do the grunt work and then put the Queen on when her party had been reached. Obviously this receptionist was naive to the max and was fooled by a bad english accent to boot ! If there was going to be secret retribution by the palace I would first go after those disc jockeys in Australia and send them to the bottom of the great barrier reef. Then I would be looking carefully over licensing for broadcast to see if any violations would take the station off the air. I would not go after the innocent who was duped.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

No. Which daughter and what happened?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I think it's now time for me to bow out of this conversation....everybody is entitled to their own opinions and I am as always respectful of this.

But there are some who just like to argue for arguments sake...but I am not one of them....

But i will leave this thread with a final thought.

The radio station behind the DJ's has a track record of making bad choices in the name of sensationalism. I looked into them.They have been in trouble for breaking codes of conduct before. I have listened to a recording of what was at the time, a live broadcasted segment. It was a segment where by a mother and her 14 year old daughter were on the show. The 14 year old girl was strapped to a polygraph so her mother could ask her questions.The mother made it clear before she was asked any questions that she was there with her daughter over her fears of daughters drug use and sexual activity.So it was very clear the questions she was going to ask related to those subjects.
The mother asked her daughter strapped to a polygraph if she as ever been sexually active....the 14 year old answered along the lines of "I've already told you about that you know i was raped at 12" The radio show host replied to this by asking her if that was the only time she had been sexually active...not long after that they pulled the plug on the segment.
Was the mother irresponsible and part of the problem? Yes of course she was!!

My question is.....which radio station believes it's public entertainment for a 14 year old minor to be strapped to a polygraph and asked questions about her sexual behaviour over live public radio?.....well this one does apparently!

I was under the impression the DJ hoax was a live segment.....but it wasn't it was pre recorded. The stations legal team looked at it's content first before it was aired ...so I am presuming some one in power within the station made the decision about whether to air it and not the two DJ's in question.

So maybe the wider issue is that the radio station is using the pair of them as scapegoats??

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomEd

No one thought this was funny get real. I couldnt believe their gall. I was appalled that adults would pull such a childish prank.
If you thought this was funny you are immature.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

If anything I would guess that she felt that she let Kate down. Imagine if either of these people had actually gotton through to Kate and I believe that they would have if she had not been asleep when the call went through. But she was napping and the nurse fielded the call and gave all this personal information about Kate to a stranger.
In any event I dont think that Wills goes looking for a land line when he wants to talk to his wife. My guess is they have cell phones to keep in contact with each other. My hubby and I do.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
i doubt it was a suicide i believe this poor woman was whacked whether by order of queen or special services

Why?????????????????????

Think

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560

If anything I would guess that she felt that she let Kate down. Imagine if either of these people had actually gotton through to Kate and I believe that they would have if she had not been asleep when the call went through. But she was napping and the nurse fielded the call and gave all this personal information about Kate to a stranger.
In any event I dont think that Wills goes looking for a land line when he wants to talk to his wife. My guess is they have cell phones to keep in contact with each other. My hubby and I do.

Do they still prohibit the use of mobiles in hospitals to stop interference with electronic equipment?

I know they used to, but it's been a while since I've been to one so I don't know if this still applies. if it does then then this would answer your question.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23
I was under the impression the DJ hoax was a live segment.....but it wasn't it was pre recorded. The stations legal team looked at it's content first before it was aired ...so I am presuming some one in power within the station made the decision about whether to air it and not the two DJ's in question.

So maybe the wider issue is that the radio station is using the pair of them as scapegoats??

I understand you are bowing out of the thread and I respect that, but I did want to respond to this thought.

Anyone that has worked in broadcast media knows.... When a station runs something past legal before it airs, management has to be involved and give the OK for what ever it is to hit the airwaves. And the only reason management would give the OK is for ratings/notoriety.

It is kind of like those reality shows that make people look like idiots. A producer has to sign off on the footage and edits that manipulate the situation. The BIG difference here is this lady did not give her consent to be used. And that is the biggest difference between video and audio broadcasts.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Yes that's what i thought.....and that's what made me think that although I haven't changed my mind about the "prank" and the fact I find it inexcusable!, I do feel that that I have changed my stance about who was ultimately responsible for it. Yes i do think the pair were irresponsible and foolish.....but at the end of the day it wasn't their decision to air it, which is ultimately what did the damage and not the actual prank itself.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Another 'suicide' over info that was released to the media, so i imagine the DJs also is in a suicide watch?...mmm..strange,very strange indeed.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The British media are to blame for whipping this into a frenzy - not the Australian DJ's!

But oh no all fingers will be pointed at the Australians while the British media protests indignantly and feigns innocence in this matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join