It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Lovely Happy News We'd Like to Share with ATS!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout
reply to post by Eidolon23

You made me do it too...

This one is super cute

pinterest.com...

$85.00 is a little bit pricey though

Adorable! Yep, very pricey - especially for what it is! Could try making this myself for about 1/20th of the price! Orrrr not...as I have no craft skills whatsoever...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA
Adorable! Yep, very pricey - especially for what it is! Could try making this myself for about 1/20th of the price! Orrrr not...as I have no craft skills whatsoever...

Someone got my son one of those fancy musical rotating ones when he was born...he was never the slighest bit interested in it...what he loved though, were the shapes I cut out from holographic card and strung together...simple and cheap...they can see bugger all at that stage anyway, other than colour and movement.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Aw, no! You must have been extreeeeemely relaxed! These things don't always work out as we like...so I'm preparing myself for all possibilities!

My first birth was 2 hours 50 mins from start to finish - pretty damn fast! So the midwife has actually advised me that a homebirth might be well suited to us as we probably wouldn't make it to the hospital in time anyway!

My labour was 23 and a half hours, as I frequently remind my son...gosh, this one should be like shelling peas for you...as they say...melon size peas like.

I am sure it'll go perfectly for you, and much better to stay safe at home...let them come to you. Very best of luck, though I am sure you won't need it.

Aww, thank you so much

I've been reading Ina May Gaskin's books - she's my idol! I'm hoping to be a midwife myself one day and if I can be anything like her then I'll die happy!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Someone got my son one of those fancy musical rotating ones when he was born...he was never the slighest bit interested in it...what he loved though, were the shapes I cut out from holographic card and strung together...simple and cheap...they can see bugger all at that stage anyway, other than colour and movement.

Same here! I shelled out a lot of money on an all singing - all dancing rotating mobile thing and if anything, it made him cry! It's great that this time around, I know which things are necessities and which are a complete waste of money. Most of it is!
edit on 7-12-2012 by KatieVA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

That is a wonderful vocation to have. When I had my son, due to the length of labour, I went through three shift changes, and four different midwives...only one of them had given birth herself which I found shocking...shouldn't be allowed if you ask me (and no one ever does :lol

Good luck with all your endeavours.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

reply to post by KatieVA

That is a wonderful vocation to have. When I had my son, due to the length of labour, I went through three shift changes, and four different midwives...only one of them had given birth herself which I found shocking...shouldn't be allowed if you ask me (and no one ever does :lol

Good luck with all your endeavours.

I completely agree - how can you possibly have any empathy or real understanding of the situation if you haven't been through it yourself?

Thank you muchly, really appreciate it
X

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Many thanks to everyone, it means a lot to us.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
Many thanks to everyone, it means a lot to us.

Awww yay, there you are!
X

P.S I can't give you a star! Haha!
edit on 7-12-2012 by KatieVA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
What a great story.
Congratulations to you guys and the baby !

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas
Congratulations to you both.

Now how do you knit a Tin Foil Hat?????

Love it. Made me laugh out loud.

And congrats to the parents to be. Wishing you a wonderful pregnancy and a healthy baby.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Congrats

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I don't think I've ever interacted with either of you but this is just such a sweet story I couldn't help just popping in and saying congrats. An ATS baby.... Who would have thought. Great to see its not only stupid people who are breeding...

If this is your first tho I'm guessing we'll probably be see a lot less of you both in the future though...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf
I don't think I've ever interacted with either of you but this is just such a sweet story I couldn't help just popping in and saying congrats. An ATS baby.... Who would have thought. Great to see its not only stupid people who are breeding...

If this is your first tho I'm guessing we'll probably be see a lot less of you both in the future though...

That's a very sweet thing to say, thank you!

This is our first together, although I have a 3 year old too - Liveforever8 is, as the 3 year old frequently puts it, "his bestest favouritest daddy ever and he loves him very much"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join