It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange events concerning Dec 22nd 2012- Maybe a good idea to read this. Maybe not

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Capillo
reply to post by 1Learner

Yes, very clear, and if this thread is dying, well I am done "for now" after this reply.

So instead of directing your energy towards your neurons, you direct the energy into yourself. The self, maybe pertaining to the soul, and not the physical body itself?

Then one can become more aware of the real self, and transcend into a different state of consciousness, which was always there, but not realized, or maybe realized, but never practiced awareness?

As you may know, this is pure speculation. Continuing on what I wrote, I used the term neurons because I thought you had used that same term to indicate the thing that releases the chemicals in the brain. It was an error on my part. Neurons themselves are not as significant as is the idea of the conscience* being affected by chemical releases in the brain.

If the goal is to be aware of one's conscience, I believe it would help to minimize distractions and focus not on outer/external stimuli. The meditation having to do with just that is what I would consider helpful, if that is your goal.

As for the last part of your post, it is you as you are, when you are aware of yourself not in terms of knowledge like "I recognize that person over there". It (You) exists in terms of awareness. I'm not sure how clear that is, but to give you an idea, any at all, of the real You, would be futile...It exists without bounds, including time.

*Edit: my terminology is faulty; I mean to use "consciousness" in place of "conscience".
edit on 9-12-2012 by 1Learner because: editing

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I am a believer in this type of contact and you and your mother have a fascinating story, please share the drawings and bless you for your bravery. Peace and Light.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ewok_Boba

Would you PLEASE stop the IN AND OUT ZOOM on your avitar. I find your post very interesting but the zoom in and out just drives me crazy.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pistolerooo

Now are you happy?
Yea, I just did not look at it.

edit on 9-12-2012 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Meditation is not about relaxation only. That is the Western world's only use for meditation. That does not mean it's the only function. When you pray, you speak and God listens. When you meditate, God speaks and you listen. Meditation is a key contributor to virtually every mystical school on our planet. Currently its purpose eludes you. I would suggest research.

In reply to those who see the movements as only hand movements, you lack the perspective at this point in time, I would suggest studying mudras to see just why Buddhas would even bother with such methods.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Also, I want to know from the OP where does Jesus fit into all of this.

I remember the Good Man stating in his WORD that no one knows the hour..... not even the son himself.

If this hour is approaching ( if thats what you wanna call it) I guess Jesus is a myth???

Considering everything I've read concerning that particular Holy book being edited and having regions taken out, just because of the fact that there exists a theory on this matter which hasn't been proven false, I cannot use the Bible, or anything connected to it as a source for anything at all, not even moral guidelines, unless the document was otherwise dated to the time the author actually wrote it. If you can give me a solid educated reason to consider the bible as an un-tampered reliable text, I will surely consider those words. There is a lot of history, both written and in the archaeological record, so I hope you can maybe message me so that we can talk. But regarding Jesus and those specific words, I cannot conclude anything at the moment.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

So are you implying that people in the Western world do not meditate and pray?
Why do they not "hear god" then?

Because it has nothing to do with hearing God. God does not need you to meditate to talk to him.. I don't care what religion you adhere to every one of them believes that.

Catholics meditate and pray at the same time every day. It is called the Rosary, and yes God does speak when meditating on the mysteries or meditating your mind to be still. He does not speak with words normally though.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ewok_Boba

Originally posted by MamaJ
Also, I want to know from the OP where does Jesus fit into all of this.

I remember the Good Man stating in his WORD that no one knows the hour..... not even the son himself.

If this hour is approaching ( if thats what you wanna call it) I guess Jesus is a myth???

Considering everything I've read concerning that particular Holy book being edited and having regions taken out, just because of the fact that there exists a theory on this matter which hasn't been proven false, I cannot use the Bible, or anything connected to it as a source for anything at all, not even moral guidelines, unless the document was otherwise dated to the time the author actually wrote it. If you can give me a solid educated reason to consider the bible as an un-tampered reliable text, I will surely consider those words. There is a lot of history, both written and in the archaeological record, so I hope you can maybe message me so that we can talk. But regarding Jesus and those specific words, I cannot conclude anything at the moment.

Considering what I have read about Freemasons worshiping ancient aliens, I should not listen to them at all.

Read the Catholic Parish Edition, then decide if you still think it has been "tampered with".

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic
reply to post by MamaJ

oh i think he addressed that in his opening.. all books are to be thrown to the wayside as they are extinct.. all religions and all theories

edit on 9-12-2012 by gnosticagnostic because: (no reason given)

Another thing that just begs scrutiny. Claiming you have knowledge that is superior than any holy book in existence. Thats called a BOLD claim. And Im sorry, ATS is here to vet bold claims. And so far, no offense to the nice lady. A 3 minute video and some drawings do not prove one to throw out all the holy books. ( and im agnostic for cryin out loud)

Well said. I would say that if you look at the development of human history, you will find that as a collective, we have advanced scientifically, technologically yes, but at the level of the individual, we have remained more or less the same. Stagnant, and in need of a radical shift in our thinking. Human beings have been in touch with religion for quite some time, and as much as people would claim it is necessary, human beings are still, as Krishnamurti would say: violent, aggressive, acquisitive, competitive, and they have built a society along these lines. You're talking parasitism, dominance, predation, etc. But it you look at the evolution of life on the planet, 2Billion for life, 6 million years for the hominid, 200,000 for the evolution of mankind as we know it, you're seeing an escalation of consciousness in this regard. Then when it comes to Agricultural, scientific, and industrial revolutions, 10,000 years, 400 years, and 160 years, you're seeing a further acceleration of our species at the level of our minds. What that means is, that we are approaching a moment in time, when radical shifts will be occurring within our lifetime, within a generation even. I would call it the birth of the neo-human collective. Homo luminous, perhaps?

All religions contain a mystical component which has been altogether ignored by the masses. A component which was vital but eliminated from the moment the founders left them. So yes, religion is not necessary, because only the convenient aspects are practiced, and it has not succeeded in creating disciplined individuals. This has nothing to do with the external problems, because they are all mirrors of the state of man within themselves. They must cultivate their inner beings, and that cannot be accomplished with books. I never said I have knowledge which is superior to any religious text. Please read my posts. What I meant, was that the books have served their purpose up to this present time, and now it is time for the majority to set their sights to something greater: The evolution of the self.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

You keep saying that about the books. The books say that time will never come...

This is blatant.

Next you will say, "all God wants you to do is repeat his name at this stage in human existence".

You remind me of this spiritism "guru" that lives in India.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Zenreon

Cool music video. Irrelevant to my posts. You could have just said "How do you know she's not speaking to the devil?"

Personally I'm familiar with that presence myself. It might not have been the Devil, per se. Allow me to explain:

Last year I looked up a "new age" group on meetup.com called "ascension 2012 light workers meeting" , so I attend. The house was massive. It was at the end of a long unlit road in a densely forested area. I was thinking in my head "creepy much?" As I enter the house I instantly feel like something in that building is sapping my energy. I mean REALLY draining me. I began to feel fatigued within a few minutes. But to the people who were there, nothing was happening. After doing some research, I learned that I was the only new participant in this group of 8, and they were all supposedly "experienced in meditation and spiritual abilities". The leader was the head of another meetup, under a different name dedicated to spiritual development via "magic". So I contacted someone who was recently kicked out of that group because of prior suspicions of that leader, and he ended up telling me that this lady was known as an "energy vampire", and that long ago she had been in a very dark place in her life. While she was in that state, a being had come to her because apparently she was vulnerable, and it took over her mind. Since then, she has never been the same. Now, all of her meetings are used in order to supposedly "feed" this being with the energy of others.

Yeah, I never went back. But my point is, to anyone even having moderate levels of intuition, you can tell when the energy of the being is positive or negative. And I don't mean that in a good/bad way. I mean it scientifically. positive meaning, energy is given to you, and negative, meaning energy is stolen from you. Me and my mother's experiences have always been positive, so we draw our conclusions based on self experience.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

I'd like a more in-depth explanation of the differences. Otherwise I will assume you're not serious.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I didn't say God requires you to meditate to talk to him. Please read my posts. "Hearing God" is not something as simple as being persistent and it will happen the way you think. You're taking my words literally, which is a mistake.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I'd like a more in-depth explanation of the differences. Otherwise I will assume you're not serious.

The differences between the translations?

The Catholic Parish Edition is the most accurate translation for our generation, and the explanations of the passages are the most accurate you will find.
The Catholic Church recognized that the KJV was messed up and proceeded to fix that. They were accused of changing the Bible - which they did. They changed it so that it would be worded in a way that people understand today. They also fixed the numerous errors in the KJV.

The other translations are just so far out there it is insane. Especially ones like the JW translation.

You can also look to Sacred Tradition as reliable for more than one reason I won't get into.

If you look through history, different demons have been worshiped all throughout. On this very forum you will find people who still worship Moloch. One of them eats his own sperm for the required sacrifice of babies (whether or not that works I would not care to speculate on). Moloch is one of the very worst, and actually got a mention in the Bible! We are told to kill anyone who worships it. God does not often tell us to kill anyone.

There are many malevolent beings that are smart enough not to "sap energy", because they are actually subtle and sinister and have an end goal (suicide) unlike the person who may be possessed that you mentioned. The lesser demons are quicker to let their hate show, and faster to manifest. The smart ones do things similar to what your mother is going through. Further, yoga is a form of pagan worship (which is definitely demons). Whether or not it can be used for other purposes, I can not know for certain but the Church teaches not to do it.

I do not know what is going on with your mother, but I would keep an open mind if I were you. not every1 in the church is a loonatic that thinks they can tell you where you will spend Eternity.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
unnecessary post
edit on 10-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Absolutely man. I'll definitely check out my local lib tomorrow, and if they don't have it, I'll order myself a copy. Much thanks.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I believe that experience man. Tell me though, where'd you hear that Yoga is pagan worship, and therefore demonic? You do know that Yoga's history goes far back into the stone age, right? It's first recorded use was in the vedic texts pertaining to honoring of a divine harmonious power and to surpass the limitations of the established mind.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I believe that experience man. Tell me though, where'd you hear that Yoga is pagan worship, and therefore demonic? You do know that Yoga's history goes far back into the stone age, right? It's first recorded use was in the vedic texts pertaining to honoring of a divine harmonious power and to surpass the limitations of the established mind.

Look it up "yoga pagan worship". You are right, it is ancient - all of the demons have been here since before we got here.

Pagan "gods" are demons. This is made clear to us consistently. Many Catholics have all but forgotten these Truths that is why you never hear about it anymore.

Satan appears benevolent. "Angel of light". He always has and does to this day.

No matter how far you fall though, even if you have knowingly and willfully engaged in pagan worship, God's mercy is greater than any transgression. If you ever find yourself coming to Jesus, remember that.

Don't buy into the conspiracy theories without reading the Catechism online first. You can google "Catechism of Catholic Church" or I can provide a link if you would like.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
O I C you read it before the edit.

I would rather not post that online in retrospect
doesn't look good to people who don't believe. They already think I am crazy enough!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Capillo
reply to post by hoonsince89

Wow I have never thought about the whole Bruce lee part. Of course everyone knows that Bruce lee was exceptionally advanced in all areas in life. He had western and eastern knowledge, so I am sure that he definitely knew about Kundalini. That being said, I am now very interested in what you have posted.

I myself do know about kundalini, but always have a concern for it. I do think about it psychologically. I assume that chakras are just representations on what part of the body you focus on. I think that they are psychological pathways, and I am not sure if they are real, but real in a sense.

Im sure he did, the philosophy/power. I started pondering it after watching my movements and hand gestures in the mirror while performing martial arts. I noticed my hand gestures where the same as his and i was directing energy as i performed any given movement. Getting abit off topic so ill leave it at that, but i can assure you there real

new topics

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join