It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange events concerning Dec 22nd 2012- Maybe a good idea to read this. Maybe not

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Originally posted by bknapple32

Is it wrong of me to think that some doomsday preppers truly want something catastrophic to happen

And I believe many of them fantasize that they will somehow be able to survive and wind up relatively better off than they are now.

All ya gotta do is watch doomsday preppers... I know its tv. But these folks are real. They LIVE for prepping. Some going so far as to hide it from their significant others.

There's prepping... And then there's prepping

Id say anyone who has a bunker, enough arms to run a small army, have more than a pantry full of food and water, are mostly secretly hoping for doomsday. I think its deep-seeded psychological hope that their lives will be in fact better and more powerful. In this pre doomsday world, they are just the housewife, or the middle management guy. Andthey see their prepping as getting in on a stock they know will skyrocket.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by MamaJ

I just figure, if one man can get 39 people to commit suicide over the Hale-Bopp comet, what can hundreds of men get thousands to do for December 21st?

Unfortunately, your concerns are valid. These are only 2 links of National concerns over potential mass suicides.

In France, government measures have been in place for some years, leading up to the Dec 21st., 2012 end time predictions.

A front-row view of the Apocalypse

Bugarach, a tiny farming village in the southwest of France, sits at the foot of Pic de Bugarach — the highest mountain in the Corbières wine-growing area. In many ways it is the quintessential French village, as and such has always seen its share of tourists looking for a quiet, ‘typically French’ holiday.

But in recent years the village, population: 200, has been inundated with New Agers and other gullible visitors who are convinced that it is the only place on Earth to be spared total destruction in December 2012.

These are only snippets from an in-depth article that includes a mass influx of avid UFO Alien believers who are convinced UFOs will rise out of the mountain to save mankind. Believers have been buying up property there for years, charging hideous amounts to the gullible to come for preparations to meet the Aliens.

The mayor is concerned that his village cannot handle the increasing numbers of safety-seekers. Others worry about what will happen if and when the end of the world does not take place on December 21st.

Miviludes, a French religious sect watchdog funded by the government, has warned that some sects (the European equivalent of cults) may be considering mass suicide.
Miviludes was set up in 2002 to track the activity of sects, after a law passed the previous year made it an offence to abuse vulnerable people using heavy pressure techniques, meaning sects can be outlawed if there is evidence of fraud or abuse.

French officials have banned access to the Pic de Bugarach to avoid a rush of New Age fanatics, sightseers and, above all, journalists.

A hundred police and firefighters will also control approaches to the tiny village of the same name at the foot of the mountain, and if too many people turn up, they will block access there too.www.religionnewsblog.com...

Also, quite a read....

French village seen at threat from Apocalypse sects
ReligionNewsBlog.com • Friday June 17, 2011

The tiny southern French hamlet of Bugarach has drawn scrutiny from a government sect watchdog over droves of visitors who believe it is the only place in the world that will survive a 2012 Apocalypse.

Reuters says:

A report by the watchdog, Miviludes, published on Wednesday said the picturesque village near Carcassonne should be monitored in the run-up to December 21, 2012, when many believe the world will end according to an ancient Mayan prophecy.www.religionnewsblog.com...

Crazy times....yes....

Des

edit on 9-12-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I have read those stories.. that one village in france had a whole thread dedicated to it and people couldn't understand why the mayor was being so rude... honestly.. I too fear what that day's outcome is going to be. If not the 21st.. what will the aftermath on the 22nd look like...too many people BELIEVE it is/will happen.. or something is happening.. I can't even tell you how many people in my real life have commented on.. something happening..

scary times.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This whole buisness of channeling is very muddled. How does your mother know she is dealing with God?

edit on 9-12-2012 by Zenreon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic

I have read those stories.. that one village in france had a whole thread dedicated to it and people couldn't understand why the mayor was being so rude... honestly.. I too fear what that day's outcome is going to be. If not the 21st.. what will the aftermath on the 22nd look like...too many people BELIEVE it is/will happen.. or something is happening.. I can't even tell you how many people in my real life have commented on.. something happening..

scary times.

Just the fact that International Airlines have been booking a lot of one-way fares to the area, should say something to be concerned about.

Des

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

True story, the real dynamic is that this is just one of THOUSANDS of theories real people believe are gonna happen.. I mean we are talking MILLIONS of people believing wholeheartedly that something is happening ( from ascention to aliens to pole shifts and cosmic waves) .. I can't even wrap my head around that... and what the aftermath of all of it not happening..

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic

True story, the real dynamic is that this is just one of THOUSANDS of theories real people believe are gonna happen.. I mean we are talking MILLIONS of people believing wholeheartedly that something is happening ( from ascention to aliens to pole shifts and cosmic waves) .. I can't even wrap my head around that... and what the aftermath of all of it not happening..

We're kinda hijacking the thread now.. Im gonna go start one on this newest topic

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
For those who would like to continue this very interesting discussion on what happens if nothing happens please join this thread so that we dont hijack this one.

Thanks!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
with so so so many Believing Something Will Happen, I wonder if *that*, alone, might cause such a cramp in the collective unconsciousness That Something Might Happen!!

freestone

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by freestonew
with so so so many Believing Something Will Happen, I wonder if *that*, alone, might cause such a cramp in the collective unconsciousness That Something Might Happen!!

freestone

perhaps.
perhaps that's why the system justifiers and others that feed at the trough of the psychopathic society we've become
are making so much noise regarding nothing happening? hmmmm?

only takes a thousand monkeys to shift the paradigm into something better
some among the "nothing will happen" crowd, while appearing mild mannered and reasonable
are actually evil incarnate.
is it not written in genesis: "Now the serpent was more subtle than any of the beasts of the earth which the Lord God made."?
if they can trick monkey 1000 into negativity, guess what happens? hmmmm?

why else stay behind and continue with damage control?

poor mama j
her wings'll be torn off
if she doesn't fly away

edit on 9-12-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

lol not you too?
falling for the smooth operator

how sad

gee, and i was sorta going to dedicate my next thread [as a comment you made inspired it]
"come on in, the water's fine"

but if you're going with the nabobs of negativity...

also, your UFO cult just reeks of Mind-Kontrol

MK-ULTRA never really disbanded
it just went mainstream

jim jones, waco, columbine, heavens gate*, various xtian ministries are all products of this

*where did all the money HG members signed over wind up?
follow the money.
these UFO cultists will be sending theirs to the same hands.
edit on 9-12-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: too not to, as des might have become a spelling nazi

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

It is spiritual preparedness that has warned me to be physically prepared. God did not tell Noah, hey it's gonna rain so do nothing.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

who or what is the smooth operator?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

To be truly at one with virtue, uncorrupted in all ways, full of goodly honor, a man must permit his deeds and his words to agree. When your actions describe a system of evil consequences, you should be judged by those consequences and not by your explanations.

-The Dune Chronicles

edit on 9-12-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added comment

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
As far as right now, I am interested in this thread and this one only.

Ewok has said that "Meditation is the explosion of intelligence."(pg1). Does any of us have any knowledge on meditation? And how does the soul pertain to meditation?

I have no knowledge of meditation, but I can try to express my thoughts. This is all "self theory", and maybe channeled through different unconscious resources, so I could be wrong on so many levels. I am a very abstract person.

Meditation is way to heal the body. Our body is constantly thinking. You may not notice, but thinking good or bad thoughts can create chemical reactions in the brain. In other words, a certain thought may stimulate parts of the brain.

Let's say for instance that you think about a girl. If you are a guy, and you feel some sort of attraction for a girl, this could stimulate and release some sort of chemical of attraction. You keep thinking about this girl and the chemical of attraction builds and builds. Pretty soon you go haywire over this person, and it may be time to do something about it.

Anyways, my point is that meditation may help relive some of the stimulating factors going on inside your head, so you can become neutral inside yourself. Giving you the ability to cope better in this stressful world.

Now how you can shift your conscious to see a different realm is beyond me, and if this ever happened to me, I would definitely try to explain it as easy as elementary.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Capillo

Just a hint. This thread has run its course. You wont get too much discussion from your well thought out posts. Maybe Im wrong. But it gets pretty obvious when a thread is dying.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Originally posted by hoonsince89

Notice how i said part?
"well, a part of enlightenment."

and usually....
"Contact with spirits 'usually' accompanies these experiences."

If one has devolved a high frequency subtle energy flow to the point where the are automatically creating mudras would one not be one a fairly developed spiritual path? Which is what i was using as a definition of "part of enlightenment"
Its not like the average person utilizes this force, yet has any knowledge of it.

What I was trying to make clear is that this subtle pranic energy (I include Kundalini energy) is an IMPERSONAL force – like electricity.

It seems to be a common misunderstanding in “spiritual” circles that this energy can only be awakened in “spiritual” people who are “highly evolved.” I say b*!l puckies.

It can be awakened in ANYONE. Sometimes with dire consequences. It can cause searing pain and madness.

I actually have deep suspicions that some cases of “spontaneous human combustion” are caused by the accidental release of enormous amounts of Kundalini energy.

Think of thousands of amps going thru a wire that is designed for 15 amps.

It also seems to be a common misunderstanding (especially among NATs) that paranormal abilities (siddhis) can only manifest in “spiritual” people. Nonsense.

Some powerful psychics are not very nice people.

Oh ok, i must have got the wrong impression to some degree because i agree with what you said here.
And ive experienced the negative/painful side of kundalini. I accidentally awoke mine when toying with things i didn't quite know what i was getting myself into. Wasn't a pleasant experienced to say the least.

"Think of thousands of amps going thru a wire that is designed for 15 amps."

I like this interpretation, i often wonder if this was the cause of death for Bruce Lee.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Capillo
As far as right now, I am interested in this thread and this one only.

Ewok has said that "Meditation is the explosion of intelligence."(pg1). Does any of us have any knowledge on meditation? And how does the soul pertain to meditation?

I have no knowledge of meditation, but I can try to express my thoughts. This is all "self theory", and maybe channeled through different unconscious resources, so I could be wrong on so many levels. I am a very abstract person.

Meditation is way to heal the body. Our body is constantly thinking. You may not notice, but thinking good or bad thoughts can create chemical reactions in the brain. In other words, a certain thought may stimulate parts of the brain.

Let's say for instance that you think about a girl. If you are a guy, and you feel some sort of attraction for a girl, this could stimulate and release some sort of chemical of attraction. You keep thinking about this girl and the chemical of attraction builds and builds. Pretty soon you go haywire over this person, and it may be time to do something about it.

Anyways, my point is that meditation may help relive some of the stimulating factors going on inside your head, so you can become neutral inside yourself. Giving you the ability to cope better in this stressful world.

Now how you can shift your conscious to see a different realm is beyond me, and if this ever happened to me, I would definitely try to explain it as easy as elementary.

I see what you're trying to say and would like to add speculation on the part about meditating, neurons, and neutrality.

What I think is that the more neutral one is, in terms of one's conscience being less affected (while in our chemical, human body) of the "neuron activity", then the more one is able to recognize their self as conscience. Such realization, could only be imagined; I cannot say exactly how it would turn out, but I would describe that realization as something truly beautiful.
At that point [of realization], I believe, one is able to transcend, because the energy that works with conscience ( the conscience being something not of the chemical realm/human realm...) is that which the conscience is able to tune into, or "connect with". Is this clear?

To add upon another theory, I would say that the "new earth of Dec 21 2012" is an Earth composed not of chemical structures as we know the Earth to be of now & as we currently reside in now, but instead this "new Earth" will be made of the substance which the self-aware conscience is able to enjoy as its environment. Basically, that would mean that the transcended conscience would inhabit an Planetary Sphere of energy. My belief is that such energy is electric. I also think that the formation of the new Earth has been going on for some time now, upon the energy-webs of this current planet Earth as we know it; that is, the Earth, gradually entering a different zone in this galaxy, was laid with next-dimensional energy on its current-dimensional energy... anyways, this process has continued on to build the new Earth, and the process itself ends at the 21st of December 2012, thus marking the completion of the next dimensional Earth. Clear enough?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

Wow I have never thought about the whole Bruce lee part. Of course everyone knows that Bruce lee was exceptionally advanced in all areas in life. He had western and eastern knowledge, so I am sure that he definitely knew about Kundalini. That being said, I am now very interested in what you have posted.

I myself do know about kundalini, but always have a concern for it. I do think about it psychologically. I assume that chakras are just representations on what part of the body you focus on. I think that they are psychological pathways, and I am not sure if they are real, but real in a sense.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Learner

Yes, very clear, and if this thread is dying, well I am done "for now" after this reply.

So instead of directing your energy towards your neurons, you direct the energy into yourself. The self, maybe pertaining to the soul, and not the physical body itself?

Then one can become more aware of the real self, and transcend into a different state of consciousness, which was always there, but not realized, or maybe realized, but never practiced awareness?

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join