It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourOtherSelf
I am a bit nervous here!

Hey that's pretty sweet YOS.

Prolly the only thing I might change up is the little white and pink box in the upper corner. One thing I've learned when doing avs is you have to center around all the info, and that would fit the username and other info, but might cut some of it off. Maybe if you extended it out another few cms, or even did a test fit to see where the info runs into to get the spacing right.

Other than that, done well.

Oh and don't worry, we're pretty much like family here. We don't bite... Mostly....

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Let me try to fix it

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Can't wait for that one.... As SAP said let us know as soon as it's up. Always love reading your threads.

In the meantime I wrote my own 2012 disaster epic here if you wanted to see just how close to the end of the world I came this year....

edit on 31/12/2012 by 74Templar because: added link. Shameless self-promoter...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Not sure why I am having troubles removing the thin white line.

Grrr.. I am getting frustrated

edit on 31-12-2012 by YourOtherSelf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by YourOtherSelf

Check your crop outline colour. When I first started out, mine was set as some weird orange colour, which showed up real bad on dark outlines. Not sure which program you're using, but I'd either just use the dropper to get the same colour and go over it with the brush or spray, or try to crop that edge using the same colour border.

ETA:

Took out most of the edge white line with a basic crop, and extended the box.
edit on 31/12/2012 by 74Templar because: added avatar.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DoubleEE

OK, so here's my take so far;

An abstract one

An actual mural on a building resized with the EE added for effect;

My personal favourite by far. One never knows what one will find when you hit search for "manly rainbow." IMO it doesn't get much manly than that...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Love the manly rainbow
Gotta love search

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

The funny thing there is Google gives you a list of already done searches. Apparently I'm not the first person to search for a "manly rainbow..."
(Hmmm, did anyone else notice that kinda come out wrong???)

Oh god, now I'm gonna go have to drink some beer and burp a lot or something....

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Goes into the category of things I wish I didn't know.
Happy 2013! 'lil Sister' she said in her best John Wayne.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Happy new year to you and all the Avatar Creations crew too.

(Ours was actually about 15hours ago, but you know us Aussies, we can't but help being ahead of the curve...)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives
reply to post by randyvs

Well, when you put it like that I guess I cannot change my avatar..lol.. What about an upgrade then! Can we remove that "NWO" and insert "carpe omnia"? I appreciate the kind words. I truly try to be as open minded as possible for and toward all people. Everyone deserves our respect; no matter what level of respect they give us. I am not sure if I want to change it now. I did not think anyone remembered my avatar! It has changed so much here, but I am still a skeptic of conspiracy theories. That has certainly not changed. I think a minor change is in order for my avatar... Can the insertion of "carpe omnia" be done?

But I am curious at what people would make if I were to change! The temptation is too great!!! haha.
edit on Dec 31st 2012 by TheMythLives because: Added the last sentence, because I am curious

The description I would use may sound a bit crude. But a perfect gentleman and gunslinger.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Hi DoubleEE

I see the guys have provided very cool avatars - here are a few more to add to the collection

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

well....it is only 4:30am.
Am i dead yet?

I am gonna have to just stay awake so I can head back into work at 6:30. I guess, unless I just literally pass out, I will be spending a few minutes on this. Caution: when I am this tired, creativity and thought processes definitely diminish (like, what led me to believe any of you actually care about any of this?). Nonetheless, I plan on at least playing with it for a few minutes when I get home. Stay tuned.....

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

OK, so it's late here and I've just done some preliminary work. This is a full size background as opposed to the avatar now. I've tried to find a decent film noir style character, but the one you had is the best I've seen, so I went with that.

I made the character, I shall call him "the detective" lol, grey scale and included new style of writing for the name. I also toyed with the "case review investigator" bit at the bottom, but it gets covered by the posts, so not too sure about it yet. Also added Carpe Omnia (Is it Seize Wisdom??) in a new style, but the same colour, on a black/red fade background. Essentially it looks the same, but has a bit of a new twist. At this point let us know if you want any other changes, or want to go completely away from this design.
As for me, it's late here, so I'm off to sleep.

ETA: One last change. Remember it's in the preliminary stages, so will need a cleanup. You mentioned an interest in faith, so I played with the idea of a cross design in the bottom of the design.

edit on 1/1/2013 by 74Templar because: added extra avatar

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by YourOtherSelf

I like it, the little box in the corner though doesn't seem to fit the picture. good effort though. thanks.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

thanks. all of you are so talented. i really appreciate all the effort being put forth. i am shocked at the response thus far. restores my faith in humanity. i guess i will hang out here. can i post all my threads in this forum? jk. just a thought.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

those are awesome, good thing i can use them all. going to have a tough time choosing.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

can't wait, i often have my best thoughts the very moment i wake up from my naps.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Get some sleep dude... Nobody likes a grumpy gorilla...

It's 2013 btw...

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoubleEE

can't wait, i often have my best thoughts the very moment i wake up from my naps.

LOL....*sigh*....."nap".

No...been up since about 7am yesterday morning. I am too exhausted to sleep. Work won't always be like this....but its the price you sometimes pay.

Anyway, I should probably stop typing, and just post the picture.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join