It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This is BTS : Avatar Creations.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/xa50bbb785.gif[/atsimg]

A place where the ATS artists and the avatar-challenged can continue to meet and share info to create that "perfect" avatar.....the new thread dedicated to requests for avatars and those who are willing to help create them.

Pixel Space: The new "visible" space for background images is 198 pixels wide and 420-480 pixels tall depending on other factors in your mini-profile and what type of computer is being used to view the site (example: tablet vs. PC).

Based on this, the recommended size for the most common member profile (1 line or no custom title) is 200 X 435. If a two-line custom title is used, the recommended size is 200X445

Also, please review the Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Backgrounds and Terms and Conditions
and

ATS Avatars should be no larger than 170 pixels wide by 240 pixels tall, with a maximum file size of 75kb.

ATS Mini-Profile Backgrounds should be no larger than 200 pixels wide by 700 pixels tall, with a maximum file size of 150kb.

ATS Signature Images should be no larger than 600 pixels wide by 70 pixels tall, with a maximum file size of 50kb.

The posting of any image that violates the ATS Terms & Conditions will result in an immediate account termination.

How to re-size your mini-profile background image for ATS 5/3

Enjoy!!!

What Helps the Avatar Creator

• If you have an image you would like please post it and let us know what you are looking for.
  • Do you have a basic idea of what you want?
  • Do you want it Masculine, Feminine, or Neutral in nature?
  • Do you have a color base you would like it to be?
  • Are you looking for an Avatar, Background, Signature or combinations of them?
  • Are you looking for an animated Avatar or Signature?(animated backgrounds are not allowed)

**thanks to Agarta for the avatar tips!!

edit on Wed Nov 13 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

• posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
    link   
    Welcome!

Feel free to port any older avatars here for safe keeping, add new stuff as you wish and feel free to link this thread in the intro forum!

Ahhh.... Nothing like that new thread smell.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:59 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Welcome!

Feel free to port any older avatars here for safe keeping, add new stuff as you wish and feel free to link this thread in the intro forum!

Ahhh.... Nothing like that new thread smell.

Ahhhh i have some coffee and donuts for everyone..
    Hi Heff
    I'll port over all of my stuff this evening..

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:02 PM
    link   
    reply to post by vkey08

any tea???? please???

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:40 PM
    link   
    Welcome One and All,

Whether you are a seasoned poster or brand new to ATS, We will be glad to help you out on all your Avatar, Background, and Signature needs, be it a simple re-size or a custom image/s, This is your one stop thread. There are many talented artists willing to help you out in any way we can(within the T&C guidelines of course).

To those that would like to use our "Official" Logo(Thank you and Congratulations for winning the logo contest Just Chris) in your signature section in order to help others find us, go to your "Tools" page and place one of the following links into the signature section and click submit.

To set the logo to the left use this code without the spaces....

[ url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread904321/pg1][ pic]xa50bbb785.gif[/pic][/url]

To center the logo use this code but remember to remove the spaces before you submit...

[ url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread904321/pg1][ atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/xa50bbb785.gif[/atsimg][/url]

We look forward to helping you with the perfect "new clothes" for your posts.

Agarta
    edit on 2-12-2012 by Agarta because: Added Link

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:13 PM
    link   
    Edited because of ATS T&C.

-SAP-
    edit on 2-12-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:11 PM
    link   
    New logo and a new thread - there is nothing quite the same as a new set of clothes.

I think I'm going to really like it here

Thanks DTOM for the competition and for creating this cool new funky thread.

So good to see Agarta here as well - our resident Leonardo.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:27 PM
    link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
    reply to post by vkey08

any tea???? please???

If you so desire, we have select teas from all over the world

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:38 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Sublimecraft

Agreed. I'm getting better at GIMP so I'll start posting as well.

Can't wait to see the new work.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:40 PM
    link   
    The following are step by step directions on how to set your new Avatar, Background, and/or Signature image. There are glitches that occur if some things are done out of order and you have not had an Avatar set already.

Between these lines is a transparent Avatar. If you are using a new background, highlight it and click to save to your computer.

or copy the following code: h ttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ut4e7bd94d.gif

At the top of the main page, click on the small arrow (highlighted below) to reveal a drop down menu.

Select ‘upload’ (shown above) and it will go to this page;

You now need to upload your invisible gif to the site. Click the upload feature in the top left of the page to bring up this window;

Click on select files, and select the image from your computer.

IMPORTANT: To get the image to upload, you must then click the upload icon to activate it.

Once you have activated it, the picture will upload below the icon, and say 100% when it is finished. The images box will then close.

Locate and click on the invisible avatar picture. It should be at the top left, as it will be your newest upload. Then click on the small man icon as shown below to set it as your avatar.

Alternatively, if you wish to use the invisible gif code already posted, simply select the same drop down bar and select ‘account’ to the left (shown below). Then copy and paste the code into the ‘your avatar’ space as shown. Remember to remove the space between the h and the t at the beginning or the code will not work.

Now you need to place your background. Select and upload the image of your choosing by following the same steps above for avatar pictures above. Bring up the toolbar from the drop down arrow, and select ‘upload.’
    Select the file from your computer, and then click on the cloud icon to begin the upload.
    Once this is finished, click on the newly uploaded picture and select the small window icon (shown below) to set the image as your background.

You should now have a full length background with an invisible window in front.
    edit on Thu Nov 7 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: UPDATED for 5/3 by 74Templar.....many thanks

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:10 PM
    link   
    For people who need help with the basic avatar uploading, the best place to go for directions is right here:

Avatar upload: Step by step instructions with pictures (2012)

A lot of us like to make the new avatars in background image size. In order to get the full effect from them, follow these instructions:

To get your pic up, find the green PROFILE BACKGROUND under the image.

Click on that and it will take you right to your profile page with the image already loaded up for you. All you have to do is hit SUBMIT and it should be set.

Good luck.

ALSO: you WILL need a transparent image in your avatar space for the full length image to show through. Here's one:

Its up there, really it is. Copy that to your files and load it up as your avatar just like the background image.

ETA: to see a bunch of the work left over from the old thread, look here:

Free to a good home; AVATAR CREATIONS spares, scraps and leftovers

I'll continue to add my leftovers from this new thread there as well.

edit on 12/2/12 by FortAnthem because:
    ___________ extra DIV

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:24 PM
    link   
    A new thread, a fresh start, all updated, but the same awesome graphic work for all your avatar needs!

I'll be dropping in from time to time to watch the work going on.

If anything, the Avatar Threads have gotten me more interested in graphic arts. The possibilities are endless. The best thing about it?

You can ask for anything avatar related, and there is another member with the talent to create what you ask.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:10 PM
    link   
    Any Pokemon fans out there?

-SAP-
    edit on 2-12-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:12 PM
    link   
    reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Here we go, a brand new frontier of design.

I look forward to our new customers.

I was actually just thinking, I wonder if I can be the first new customer here.

Using JustChris's Avatar Creations logo, I wonder if we could work on something similar for the ATS short stories forum, another personal favourite of mine. Something bookish with pens and the like.

Go for it guys.

edit on 2-12-2012 by 74Templar because: eta

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:13 PM
    link   
    hmmm...

I've had the same since joining. Dare I change? Who will recognize me?

I am intrigued.
    Can I still have my bad-ass wolf in it?

Good thread folks.

Peace

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:19 PM
    link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
    reply to post by Sublimecraft

Agreed. I'm getting better at GIMP so I'll start posting as well.

Can't wait to see the new work.

-SAP-

Just downloaded GIMP but I'm not familiar with the terminology so I've been reading as many tips/tutorials I can find.

But in the mean time, I'll turn to Agarta, since they've helped me twice already with my Avatar.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:22 PM
    link   
    reply to post by 74Templar

Originally posted by 74Templar

Using JustChris's Avatar Creations logo, I wonder if we could work on something similar for the ATS short stories forum, another personal favourite of mine. Something bookish with pens and the like.

Go for it guys.

THAT is an excellent idea IMO! I think the writers would very much enjoy that. I am sure Masqua would like it!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:23 PM
    link   
    reply to post by snarky412

This might help a bit.

Collaborative GIMP tutorial

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:24 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Hefficide

The question is can you fit (both legally and space wise) both things into the sig box? I'd hate to have to choose one over the other. I often pondered the idea of a new graphic for each contest Masqua comes out with, but it would be a lot of work each month.

A lot of the guys that do graphic design here also post a lot of stories in the SS forums, so it would be a good match up.

edit on 2-12-2012 by 74Templar because: eta

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:25 PM
    link   
    reply to post by snarky412

I am getting better but it's taking some time to learn.

Agarta is very good at explaning how to use GIMP.

Any questions you could always U2U me and I could try to help (I am learning to) or anything you make that's cool please share

-SAP-

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join