It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican mayor beaten to death

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

Yup we better all stop posting.
All I did was offer a solution to the problem.

The problem is not prohibition any more, it's the fact that there are well-armed, deeply politically connected extra-legal gangs that are essentially running mexico at this point.

If you take away one potential source of income, they are not going to just retire. They will find new sources of revenue, new markets that need servicing with new products, and so forth.

At this point the only way to deal with the Mexican Mafia is for some organization to actually view each individual member as a target, and eliminate them or jail them indefinitely. Jail probably wouldn't actually even work. Execution might be the best for a number of reasons.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

Yup we better all stop posting.
All I did was offer a solution to the problem.

I don't understand what i have said that violates ATS rules (????) if this is the way to treat people for expressing an opinion... well i think i don't belong here...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Another reason for 2012..this world is farked up

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I would like to think that the people of the country and their leaders will take on the an even stronger stance of 'what hurts them only makes them stronger', and with this, ever more determined to hunt them all down and bring them in.

These cartel thugs actually think the entire country will suddenly stop pursuing them and look away because they kill a mayor or anyone else?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

Now, now it's all cool

ATS is just enforcing the T&C that was accepted by all of us when signing up.

I applaud them for keeping this debate on topic and away from T&C rules.

I'm sure we can talk about this subject all day without touching the dreaded T&C wall

Thanks for the constructive comments so far

edit on 043030p://pm3049 by Spike Spiegle because: accepted

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Eliminating the drugs themselves will not fix the problem.

I would say taking away the access to military grade firearms would help qwell the violence, but this is so spun out of control that it would be impossible to implement this.

There really isn't a fix that I can see. Hopefully someone sees the solution soon. Before more innocent people get hurt and killed.

ETA: Adding to the ATS T&C comments. ATS needs these to help regulate this site from crap, if you will, and keep its discussions on track.

-SAP-
edit on 26-11-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
this is just sickening.

That poor woman. Those kids.

Jesus Christ.

I saw the image of her body on a Spanish news site. It was horrible. I wish I hadn't even looked for a Spanish version. It is worse. I am literally sick to my stomach.

I hate the world sometimes.......

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
*** LAST COMMENT ON THIS ...***

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

Any further comments about the subject will be removed.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

I as well seen the photo of her body.

Very sickening.

People need to start treating people the way they want/wanted to be treated.

I won't hold my breath with the fear I will never breathe again.

-SAP-

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Does it surprise people more if it's a woman being executed? Cause I've seen some pretty horrific execution videos and I hope she doesn't star in one.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zero1020

No it's just as horrible. Male, female, adult or child doesn't matter it's all awful.

Children more so for me. That has to be the worse by far. That is my general opinion. But they are all horrible.

-SAP-

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
You want to know how to defeat the cartels?

It would be up to the people to form their own nationwide militias and literally eradicate them vigilante style on a cartel hunt.

You get in THEIR faces. You hunt them all until they relinquish.

Assassinate cartel leaders with snipers and remote detonators.
Cut off their supply chain and funding initiatives. Investigate their members, track their movements treat them like enemy combatants and send in the the air force to drop a bunker buster on their HQ's.

Their type of collaborative evil is something that should be stomped out immediately before it spreads.

Fight fire with fire.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zero1020

I don't understand how this is relevant in the least, you have seen gory videos of people getting killed, good job welcome to the internet.

Now then what makes ME mad is not the fact that someone was killed or that she happened to be a women, no.

What makes me mad is the fact a brave, brave soul has been taken out by evil people.

Her being a woman or the fact that 50 000 hungry children die from hunger every day doesn't take away from that.

Does it?

SS
edit on 053030p://pm3056 by Spike Spiegle because: mad*

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Does anyone honestly think all the drug corruption is here in Mexico? I am not sure where it all began but it sure got a good foothold when the British were doing their illicit opium trade with China, and I still can't find any evidence that has ever ended as it appears to only have gone viral, global, and expanded the depth and reach prohibition that has only made it all that more lucrative a trade, along with being a governmental foot in the door to eveyone's livingrooms. Unregulated illicit industry, undocumented zillions, and more than a hint that powerful governments are in on it all too... Naw, couldn't be true.

I live in Morelia where this mayor was abducted from. I never heard anything about this incident or her struggles with dark forces but I am not a big local news hound. I read the OP article to try to find just what she did to make enemies but it didn't give details about that. I hesitate to call them "cartels" as seems to be the vogue in reporting on this whole business, but from all I can see their competition with each other rather than collusion seems to defy the definition - "A group of businesses or nations that collude to limit competition within an industry or market" and "cartelism" seems to be more like what makes the US and its interests tick than just plain old "capitalism" as it is labelled, packaged, and marketed to us.

Anyway, the solution suggested in this thread seems to be influencing the Mexican government's line of thinking about their role in this now that the US can't really keep its Drug War popular and can't really expect other neighbor nations to police US borders from anything that may cross them. From the same OP link -

...after decades of using force to combat the gangs, it is U.S. lawmakers who are the criminals' biggest problem.

(censored by Eron to comply with the board censors), as recently voted for by (censored) states, may wipe billions of dollars from the cartels’ annual profits.

And it has left politicians in Mexico with a tough question: How can they continue to justify spending money – and lives – fighting drug distribution to America when it will be (status censored) in some states from next month?

Mexico presidential advisor Luis Videgaray said in a radio interview last week: 'Obviously, we can’t handle a product that is illegal in Mexico, trying to stop its transfer to the United States, when in the United States, at least in part of the United States, it now has a different status

The new article has other comments that don't bear up under scrutiny like their reference to 90% of the coc aine used in the US originating in Mexico - as far as I know it does not grow here and ALL of it originates in South America. It would seem to me the US bears more of a responsibility at their border than does Mexico to police it, and it might help to curb the US taste for the products, like Just Say NO!

I truly feel for this lady and her family. I feel sad for all Mexicans caught up in this dirty business. There seem to be governmental or quasi-governmental forces at play and out of public view on BOTH sides that don't want this business to end, they seem to just want to wage war on it to CONTROL it, is all. Now, maybe this ugly episode is drawing to a close. I just hope it does not become like alcohol and get touted as a national past-time fit for every special occasion - including getting off work - and be advertised, branded, and sold at almost every public event. People can poison and kill themselves without the media fanfare. Just let it be and not try to make something more of it.

edit on 26-11-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I don't know man, they have military hardware in many cases, and the cooperation of you don't know who. Unless a formal army was made and carried out a blitzkrieg style assault across all of south America and the caribbean, you would have too many stragglers to worry about later.
edit on 26-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

People need to start treating people the way they want/wanted to be treated.

Would you like to change your avatar and signature then? Your signature is particularly SICK.

Regarding the story...it's a shame this Mayoress got killed, but I do feel she should have considered her family more and tried working behind the scenes where she wouldn't have been such a target, especially after she'd already been shot at in the past. At least she might still be around to do some good and be there for her family now.

Also a shame that it takes her death to bring out the "gung ho" in some of our members who weren't so passionate before.

If you want to stop the drug wars, bring home every soldier abroad and do it in a weekend.
edit on 26/11/2012 by nerbot because: spellig

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I don't see a realistic way to end the violence. These gang members are born and raised that way. Its more of affiliation by birth not by choice. Then some of these family members are educated in top shools with the drug money and some end up politician, military, police and others powerful places. Even if they are only 100 gang affiliates in high places, none will ever vote or fight against it because it will hurt them. Anything anyone else trys to do they stop it from happening by murder/intimidation its just too ingrained in their way of life. No matter how bad it is to them, its still normal.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
egoism and greed... people need to change.... it doesn't matter how we achieve pleasure ... people die in the process, people that have the courage to say no...

We need to educate better our kids...morals and values have to be worked every day in our children ...

Animals have more compassion than those bastards

note to moderator, thanks for the explanation..don't know if this post inflicts forum rules...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

I dont care a good god damn when rival cartels shoot the hell out of eachother. But when someone so clearly brave, and physically unthreatening can be targeted like an animal and taken out, it says poor things of mankind that no one has taken the situation in hand.

The people who could do this, have no honour and no redeeming features what so ever.

well it's likely the cartel members are coked up and numb to their conciences. As long as the money flows so do the drugs. As the band My life with the thrill kill kult puts it, "evil comes and evil goes, just like the drugs from mexico". This is one of the reasons I disagree with the war on drugs, it allows the cartels the ability to make all the money, if we say, change our drug policy, and at the same time use the excuse that cartels are unjust murdering people we could still go after them and have the money go to our own tax system. Im sure someone already thought of that though.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The problem is that no one cares. What happened was horrible but the truth of the matter is that abductions, executions, decapitations, human torture and mutilation is a very very frequent order of business everyday in Mexico and most never get any media attention. It's something very alarming because this is our own backyard and its problems seeped into our country in the form of drugs and illegal immigration due go the high levels of poverty and insecurity. If Mexico was a lead exporter of oil, the Zetas would be the new Taliban as they are just as inhumane and ruthless.

If anyone wants links to what is really going on in Mexico and wants to raise their awareness, I can direct you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join