It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican mayor beaten to death

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I might catch some flack for this but, does anyone else feel this woman is irresponsible to be traveling with her children like that? And if she had any children after making enemies with the drug lords If eel thats irresponsible as well.

Everyone obvioulsy has the right to start a family but you have to make the choices that are best for your family, making enemies with drug lords in a country like Mexico is not in your families best interest. Not at all.

I feel in a country in a state like that you should pick one or the other.

And if you already have a family and you're involved in this kind of stuff, don't travel with them. I just don't think you can have a normal family life while having enemies like that out to get you. Its too dangerous.

Its terrible what happened, I have tons of respect for this woman, but I feel her priorities are out of order. Her daughter was lucky to escape alive.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
My opinion: The US should declare a true war on drugs, send in a whole freaking army in mexico, kill the drug lords or anything that has the prefix 'drug', clean the whole of mexico and thats that.

Do you really think the US wants a "true" War on Drugs? Eliminate all your scapegoats and middle-men then when the drugs keep pouring in everyone might see it is your own people dumping drugs on your streets for profit and funding dark operations and services. The War on Drugs is not meant to be won. Its purpose is to do exactly what it is doing right now, only more of it.

I bet it wouldn't take more than 2-3 days to kill all of those bastards. If they're in a jungle somewhere just send F-16 and carpet bomb them, or they have fortified homes or encampments, carpet bomb the whole freaking area.

In my opinion thats what those sub-humans deserve.

Great now my pulse is going through the roof ... Hate those bastards.

Wow, what passes for common sense up there...

Quit giving our politicians money and helicopters. Police your own borders, starting by shutting the back door even if you have to mow your own lawn and pay some lazy union guys to build your homes and offices. Concentrate US attention on its own problems.

This whole Drug War thing sounds like a cure that is many times worse than the disease. Prohibition has a way of turning a near-worthless commodity into something to die for, and kill. too bad the stuff doesn't just grow on trees.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

See, this is the problem. The gun laws are not obeyed by the cartels. The cartels have total freedom as far as firearm selection. If the people were armed as well, they couldn't intimidate the cartels as easily.

And it's obvious that the USA is heavily involved with CERTAIN cartels.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
how horrible.

I had a dream the other night about latin America and a politician being killed in broad day light, I dreamt it was a man though... horrible stuff.

I also dreamt that the military were called in and they started killing civilians, well if they are criminals, like the cartels are, now that makes sense!

the poor woman's child also...how traumatic for her. Bloody mongrels!

Originally posted by Thurisaz
No idea what to call this one…too horrible
Really graphic dream and even in the dream, while I was walking around looking at all of this, I was covering my eyes because it was so bloody and violent.

ew... perhaps it could relate to the cartels in Mexico? Maybe something bad is going to happen?

I don't know exactly what caused it to happen but the entire city was in chaos.

edit on 26/11/2012 by Thurisaz because: add quote

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

You dreamt all that, last night?

WOW

You should almost make a thread about your dream, that's pretty dead on and I don't even subscribe to such beliefs....

When you found out the news did you make a connection right away?

Good stuff

SS

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou
reply to post by Aazadan

See, this is the problem. The gun laws are not obeyed by the cartels. The cartels have total freedom as far as firearm selection. If the people were armed as well, they couldn't intimidate the cartels as easily.

And it's obvious that the USA is heavily involved with CERTAIN cartels.

The cartels would still have the upper hand in that case. The thing is, the average citizen in a city doesn't know who is and isn't a member of the cartel, but the cartel knows exactly who their target is. Even if both sides are armed, the cartel members are the ones that get the first shots so it doesn't level the playing field at all.

Infact, even in the event that the average person knows who the members of the cartel are, lets say they shoot first and kill the person. The police then become involved, and the cartels influence there says the person goes down for murder, and they spend life in a mexican prison. Either way the cartel wins because their target is removed.

Guns aren't the solution.
edit on 26-11-2012 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
What a woman. They only killed her body - it is obvious to me that in Spirit she will be stronger and more determined and safer to continue her warrior ways.

Yes it is criminal and barbaric that she died at the hands of cowards. Yes it is woeful that her family will now have to live on without her.

The cowards who killed a woman in the manner described have only placed themselves on the hate/hit list of many. When a person is this strong in life it is only natural that in Spirit she will be even more awesome.

I will not enter into the argument on any of the politics - to kill anyone in this manner is psychopathic, criminal, cowardly and wrong. She will serve as an example to all the people who believe in standing their ground.

There is no argument here - she has been murdered and the reasons are irrelevant. Killing a heroine warrior - the cabal/illuminati/whatever are really not covering their tracks are they?

Beautiful in the physical and beautifully intelligent and now beautifully unstoppable in Spirit. I felt a huge surge in Spirit on learning about this amazing woman she would not want people to weep - at least not for too long - she would want her work to continue. What an amazing human being - I am awestruck.

Much Peace...rest still in the arms of the peaceful Universe and guide us in Spirit...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
There is little that can be done to fight back against these drug gangs.

Even legalization and regulation won't work against them. Why? Simple, they will attack and murder law abiding competitors, just as they attacked and killed this poor woman. It's not a situation that can be settled peacefully, unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

That's strange, I had a dream a few days ago in which a fire fight took place between cops and a Hispanic drug gang on my college campus. Perhaps these dreams are premonitions of drug related wars coming to America?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

I think she needed an old man with a weapon in the house who would not have stopped shooting until they were all confirmed dead.

link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Thanks for posting this news Spike.
edit on 26-11-2012 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

There is something that could be done about it.....

And I don't mean enjoying some good tunes, though that could help....

Yes this is how I feel, when I think about the Cartels....

SS

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

No problem Neph

This whole story sickens me but I'm glad some good might come from talking about it.

SS

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

That was done a few years ago by a town in Mexico. It seems the Federals were kidnapping the children. The townspeople caught them and was burning them alive when the military showed up to stop them.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
The war on drugs should be ended TODAY. prohibition brought us the Italian and Irish mobs, remember? Prohibition creates these bloodthirsty mafias and YES the USA is to blame.

Your logic and common sense are a hoax. It's been told to us time and time again that it's working. Look at the topic for proof it's working.

All hail ignorance. Save da childen.

/sarcasm detectors at the back, if needed.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Horrible story. I admire her fortitude and pray for her loved ones.

Simple problem: There is not a business, on the planet, that can survive without customers. Demand keeps cartels in business. America took Opium from VietNam. America has the military protect poppy fields in Afghanistan. America keeps the population docile with pharmaceutical grade opiates. Hook, line and sinker.

Stop ignoring the problems of this world by numbing the pain, check in and kill the demand for these illegal drugs.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
If more men had cajones like she did, Mexico would be better off. It is easy to lay blame on Mexico and its corruption and to some degree they are to blame. However, the biggest problem is the consumption and corruption on the US side that is seldom addressed. In the past years, banks have been caught laundering money only to get a slap on the wrist. Our government has been caught sending arms, only to be hush about it, and of course nobody ever questions how so much drugs get to US streets considering that we have the most technology and law enforcement to deter that from happening in the first place.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

True.

The fear is so rampant in modern Mexico most people are used to living under a constant blanket of fear...

They say " the only thing to fear is fear itself '

Well...

Try saying that to people who live under constant violence, guns, knives and yes chainsaws....

It's truly, truly mad.

SS
edit on 093030p://pm3025 by Spike Spiegle because: Spells!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join