It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican mayor beaten to death

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Mexican mayor beaten to death

www.dailymail.co.uk

Harrowing moment Mexico's fearless woman mayor begged for her little girl's life before she was abducted by drug gang, tortured and executed

-Maria Santos Gorrostieta had been stabbed, beaten and burned

-She defied Mexico's powerful drug gangs, who twice tried to
gun her down

-She was kidnapped in broad daylight in front of her terrified
daughter

-The former mayor leaves behind three children

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.ca
www.google.ca
edit on 033030p://pm3001 by Spike Spiegle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I am almost sick to my stomach as I type this...

Look at this woman warrior, and try not to have the utmost respect for her...

She had already been attacked several times before the final stroke...

How is Mexico going to deal with these cartels if the bravest and best of their country keep getting murdered?

Anyway.....

Thoughts ATS

SS

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 033030p://pm3001 by Spike Spiegle because: I

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Sick bastards. This drug cartel crap has to stop.

What goes wrong in your life that you beat, stab and burn someone in front of their child? In my opinion it goes to show you that this has got way out of control since the crackdown, and honestly its not getting better.

The cartels get more money, thus more guns, thus more power. Some of these cartels have more power then the Mexican government.

Sad story. Makes me sick.

ETA: This map should show you how many cartels there are and what they control. To me it says there is no safe zone in Mexico...

-SAP-

edit on 26-11-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I dont care a good god damn when rival cartels shoot the hell out of eachother. But when someone so clearly brave, and physically unthreatening can be targeted like an animal and taken out, it says poor things of mankind that no one has taken the situation in hand.

The people who could do this, have no honour and no redeeming features what so ever.

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

As long as they're tied to the Alphabet Agencies in the US there will be little to no stopping them. Look at Operation Fast and Furious. Plus the war on drugs is way to profitable to stop.
edit on 26-11-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Mexico is horrifying. It is one of those places where you better not be a woman or you better not have money unless your willing to give it up. RIP Maria Santos Gorrostieta. I don't know what you thought you could accomplish or what you thought you were doing, but you certainly did not deserve to die at the hands of savages, or for your family to be further endangered by your relatively high profile position.
edit on 26-11-2012 by LizardSlicks because: respects

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

What makes you imagine that Mexico wants to deal with these cartels? They are Mexico's biggest earners, after all.

If something is ever to be done about them, it will have to be done Teddy Roosevelt Rough Rider style. The Mexicans are totally helpless to do anything to improve the situation, this should be obvious by now. Somebody else is going to have to step in and take charge.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

How is Mexico going to deal with these cartels if the bravest and best of their country keep getting murdered?

Simple. They'll keep blaming the US.

I don't know how the country is going to be able to combat the corruption when it's at every level. I'm fairly sure that the cartels are well known, the members easy enough to track down, and that they are being protected from those in the govt. who are either on the payroll or too scared for their families lives to do anything about it.

I wonder if the only real way to get things done would be a full scale assault on every target, cartel, etc. at the same time, effectively crippling them all at once. I doubt Mexico has the balls/resources or even ambition to undertake such a task though. Shoot the dru trade is probably a crazy % of the GDP.

+29 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The war on drugs should be ended TODAY. prohibition brought us the Italian and Irish mobs, remember? Prohibition creates these bloodthirsty mafias and YES the USA is to blame.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Thank you for all your thoughts and replies so far.

Love the different points of view
keep it up,

Stars for all

SS

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
That poor woman went through hell and now her family will go through hell without her in their lives.

This whole business with drugs is horrendous. There is so much corruption that it must be hard to figure out who the good guys really are. When will human lives mean more than money?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
During the election cycle, and really over the past decade, foreign policy discussions were focused mostly on the Middle East with a splash of China a the Eurozone.

Meanwhile, immigration and border issues are normally seen as a domestic problem.

We need a distinct priority shift, giving the issues in Mexico more play in foreign policy debates,

Foreign aid map
Why do we send over 8 billion to Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq and Egypt? 3 billion to Israel?

And just 270 million to a country with analogous problems:

Over 40% of the country’s population is poor (living on less than $2 per day), while close to 18% is extremely poor (living on less than $1 per day)
transition.usaid.gov...

Many are poor in Mexico, and it could be argued that there is more poverty in Mexico than Egypt, relatively, when considering regional context.

Mexico shouldn't be a dire straights economically, considering it's status as a neighbor to the US.

Aid is supposedly sent on grounds of economic assistance, but also humanitarian. This should further make Mexico a country that deserves a high priority.

15,000 murders in 2010! www.guardian.co.uk...

Foreign Aid is not the answer to anything of course, but the budget shows where our priorities are. We have an area every bit as anarchic as Iraq, and it is right below our own border.

Why the lack of concern?

The common conspiracy theory to answer that question, is that the drug business has close ties to some American operations, namely the CIA.

This is a difficult situation, because there is a possibility that the Mexican government is highly infiltrated, and that the US government stands to gain from the activities of the cartels. At some point, we need to have some people step up and make Mexico a higher priority for America on humanitarian grounds. We need more to take an approach that seems to be lacking in all areas of policy making, which is to simply leave selfish pursuits out and try and make a better life for the public.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
*** REMINDER ***

No Drug Discussion, legalization of or otherwise.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
The war on drugs should be ended TODAY. prohibition brought us the Italian and Irish mobs, remember? Prohibition creates these bloodthirsty mafias and YES the USA is to blame.

If the drug war ended today, the Mexicans Mafias would just move more heavily into human trafficking and other illegal activities like protection rackets and extortion. What, do you think these guys are just going to all quit being criminals and get a decent job at the end of the day?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
*** REMINDER ***

No Drug Discussion, legalization of or otherwise.

Thanks

Is it OK to talk about the drug war? This is sort of topical to the discussion.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou

Originally posted by Snoopy1978

If the drug war ended today, the Mexicans Mafias would just move more heavily into human trafficking and other illegal activities like protection rackets and extortion. What, do you think these guys are just going to all quit being criminals and get a decent job at the end of the day?

i know the solution

2 words

predator drones

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

Yup we better all stop posting.
All I did was offer a solution to the problem.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join