It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bible is 2000 year old psychic sandpeople garbage nonsense.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by NavyDoc

Ever heard of the Scrolls ? The Torah

Is that the bunch of mystical garbage that recommends that you smear dog feces on yourself (but only from a white dog!) and keep menstruating women trapped in a special hut so they don't defile your precious magical powers, among other ridiculous retarded BS?

The Torah is even more twisted and sickening than the Bible.

Is that the Science that tells us that Unicorns are made of Fairy Dust and confectionery?

Please tell us all where in the Torah it says any such thing?

edit on 26/11/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Caesar's Messiah: Rome Invented Jesus, New Doc Claims

www.villagevoice.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by NavyDoc

Ever heard of the Scrolls ? The Torah

Is that the bunch of mystical garbage that recommends that you smear dog feces on yourself (but only from a white dog!) and keep menstruating women trapped in a special hut so they don't defile your precious magical powers, among other ridiculous retarded BS?

The Torah is even more twisted and sickening than the Bible.

Is that the Science that tells us that Unicorns are made of Fairy Dust and confectionery?

Please tell us all where in the Torah it says any such thing?

Gittin 69b, and Pesahim 111a.

Cat's out of the bag.

The whole Torah is just sickening and filthy.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

Thank you for that. I don't know which tickles me more- the header or the post proper. I agree.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Excuse me, are you willing to concede that the Torah is filled with filthy sickening stuff now? I can continue to provide more citations and translations of quotes from it if you'd like.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Hello?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Excuse me, are you willing to concede that the Torah is filled with filthy sickening stuff now? I can continue to provide more citations and translations of quotes from it if you'd like.

I will gladly respond but, sadly, must disagree,

Gittin 69b and Pesahim 111a are not in the Torah.

They are both in the Talmud (which I agree is not from God). The earliest Talmud did not appear until 200 years after Christ. It is an entirely anti-Christian & anti-Islamic set of documents and not part of ancient Hebrew canon.

Even modern Jews consider the Talmud secondary to the Torah. The Reform and Reconstructionist Judaists acknowledge but downplay the Talmud.

You got the wrong set of scrolls/books.

edit on 26/11/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinfulknowledge

Originally posted by cantyousee
reply to post by NavyDoc

This is not a direct reply to NavyDoc. I am just jumping in here. I guess this is a reply to all those who dissed God in this thread. You see, I know for a fact that God exists. He has talked to me personally. He has taken me to the valley of vision and he has shown me that we are in the last generation of this present age. I have seen it.
I know for a fact that the Bible is a Holy work. I can tell you things in the future that are certain and undeniably
true. But people are to desposed to listen to themselves. They tend to disregard testimonies of others. I think it is an ego problem. It is beneath them to accept a reality that they themselves did not see. To bad there is not more faith. God loves faith. It pleases him. Even if it is faith in the testimony of one of his servants. He will give you eternal life for faith in his only begotten son. But without faith it is impossible to please him. We all make choices.

edit on 26-11-2012 by cantyousee because: (no reason given)
Everyone wants to now the future but the knowledge is only good for one thing. It serves no purpose other than to increase faith. I don't know if you have any.
I can't tell you what will happen in thirty days. I could speculate based upon what I do know. I can tell you this. The "man of sin" is here already. He has taken down three of the ten horns. He has obtained power through deceitful means and he has no right to the power because he is illegitimate. A time will soon come, after the awakening when he will make a turn for the worse. He will cast down the place of his own sanctuary and lead a great people into bondage. But his time is short. In a mere three and onehalf years he will come to his end and God will usher in his kingdom and give it to the saints to rule and judge. The next seven years are packed with fear and death and those who oppress God's people either directly or indirectly will reap a harvest of woe and could very well lose their souls if they are not careful. That is the immediate future without any more tarrying.

So what things in the future are going to happen according to what God told you?
would love to know.
What will happen say in 30 days that way we can not question the validity of you comments?
The last generation of this age? What do you mean?
I can say god spoke to me as well and you just got to have faith in what i say, doesn't make it true.
So please blow our minds, or did he say you can not tell us? o-0

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Ah, all apologies. I did indeed mix up the names of two sickening collections of tribal fairy tales.

However, you're wrong. The Talmud is considered to be a primary law these days.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Ah, all apologies. I did indeed mix up the names of two sickening collections of tribal fairy tales.

However, you're wrong. The Talmud is considered to be a primary law these days.

That may be but it is off-topic for this thread and I have no particular knowledge of those who hold it in superior place above the Torah.

The Torah is essentially the same as the Old Testament of the Christian Bible & that is what I uphold.

Cheerz!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Well fellow with your vast knowledge and wit could you explain to us how life originated on this rock .DNA shot holes in the Scientific theory of spontaneous life . Space is too forbidding to support life traveling through space . And if somehow life were to start what would it feed on . Surely you have an alternative reality figured out before you would trash the only existing explanation . If you have not looked to explain your own existence I doubt you could expound on the existence of God . I do know that science can not claim to know or it would be all over the news .

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by BlackManINC

If you wear a flag, a badge, a label, you have separated yourself out from the whole.
Whether the flag says 'Christianity' or 'American' makes no difference - you are putting yourself up for attack.
Wear no label, carry no flag and just be.
edit on 26-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Translation: Be apart of the aboriginal mass where you have no identity and you can pretend to be an individual and leave yourself open to propaganda.
edit on 26-11-2012 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Just look at how superstitious people are today with tarot cards, psychics, astral planes, Nostradamus, religion, and even the ludicrous notion of astrology.

Then imagine how much more superstitious they were 2000 years ago.

Then ask yourself why the Hell you would believe that everything they said was reported 100% accurately, especially when the oldest known book is from 130 years after Jesus died.

They will have misheard, misinterpreted, misremembered, embellished, and made up 99% of the stuff you think you know about Jesus.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Photos or it didn't happen, I'm in total agreement with the OP, none of it makes sense, "but god works in mysterious ways","you are to simple to understand such a complex superior mind", well lets examine some facts,

A bunch of stories written by a various groups with agendas stating how things could be perfect if we just follow them and believe blindly, sounds very similar to those evil institutions that function today.

"Such a complex mind, mysterious ways", stating that god has a mind to start with, then we delve into the whole, we have angered god so he punishes us by famine, drought blah blah (you know the list) oh and all so doesn't want to speak to us for 2000 years, hang so he doesn't want to speak or instruct something that he created, that has all ready got it wrong even though his instructions were clear and he was on talking terms at the time and expects us to get it right in 2000 year's with no direction's from the big man at all, oh apart from the instructions he left with his corrupted creations, yeah that will work,

For such an all powerful, all knowing being god sounds a lil bit childish, god has expected thing's to sort themselves out by just ignoring the problem, where's the all power, surely he has the knowledge to fix the sitch,

and why jesus, or whoever is your flavor, why not god, surely apearing in the sky or something would be more convincing than a dude with some stories, look at the big picture here.

Personally I think it's obvious what is going on, it's happened repeatedly through out known existence, and I think we have all wasted a lot of time and effort trying to make this concept work, as well as leaving ourselves open to manipulated and have advantage taken of us.

but still we need to remember, Religion doesn't kill people, people kill people, and everything that gets in their way.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazztrance
SO ..let me get this straight. God doesnt speak to anyone anymore, if he does, they are crazy like David Koresh. YOU CAN ONLY have spoken to "GOD" way back then 2000 years ago for people to take it seriously. So lets see, there were psychic wannabe sandpeople in the desert that wrote stories about Jesus over a hundred years after his death (if he was even a real person,you cant prove it)...They wrote things Jesus said when they never even knew him. Whats mindblowing to me is that some people beleive that crap. NOT ONE THING they wrote has come to pass, NOT ONE, oh ofcourse ANYONE can turn a metaphore into whatever you want so to some it is accurate based on what they want it to mean. Looking at how the book was made, YOUVE GOTTA BE A SUCKER to buy into the scam..and what is really annoying is people who claim to take the bible literally but when it reads something you dont agree with ,then it was a MISTRANSLATION. The book is garbage and its sad so many fools beleive and are STILL waiting on some person to return that was a combination of dieties before him. to be a christian. First you must learn to be in denial ,then learn to beleive simply what you want to because you want to because nothing has been proven to you. What gets me is people actually argue over this garbage,its a wonder people so dumb can function in society. They must get ripped offall the time because they beleive anything cause if you beleive what the bible has written then YOULL BELEIVE ANYTHING.
edit on 25-11-2012 by jazztrance because: (no reason given)

Do you mean to say there is not any useful knowledge to be gleaned from the Bible? I'm of the thinking that the people you can "suckers" are geniuses who are adept at thwarting even the best con man in comparison to you, if that is what you truly believe. You've been suckered into believing the Bible is simply what it means to the basest, most superficially-interpreting of all Christians. In that, you could be considered further off the mark than they themselves are.

For those of weak intellect and weaker spiritual understanding, the Bible may be exactly what you say it is. There is a reason for such phrases as "for those with eyes to see..." - it's because there is a much deeper message, one which is actually fairly obvious to those who are not, metaphorically speaking, blind.

As to Jesus being an amalgamation of previous deities, did you ever consider that maybe, whether in flesh or not, that was by design? Because there is a long-held knowledge, and that a consistent message has been passed down through humanity, under various guises, for thousands and thousands of years? Whether that was the doing of those known as "The Gods", or simply long-held knowledge, passed on through humanity's various mystery religions really matters not. Well, at least for those with eyes to see, and ears to hear.

For the true suckers...maybe not so much.

By the way, I've got a bridge to sell you when you've finished reading this one...now that we know who really is the sucker.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Sorry, I should have made it clean that IMO the Qumran or however ya spell it is garbage too, ...Its basically the principle to me that people that long ago, that didnt live along side of their messiah can write stories about things they said,word for word and people wholeheartedly beleive it. ALL religions apply if thats how they started. And this is only my opinion, it doesnt mean anything, I would never tell anyone what to think , just expressing how im feeling right now about that stuff.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I know I know,,when I type I do it real quick before I forget what kinda nonsense im gonna come up with next,so i kinda space out on the rules,thanks for noticing.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinfulknowledge
reply to post by NavyDoc

Yes Human nature, Greed, Power, Land all of it HUMAN NATURE, the difference is religion has been doing the same thing and suggesting that they are better people because they believe in a god and anyone that doesn't will go to hell. Again atheism is not a religion, I don't doubt that there are Atheist that believe they are better but Atheism doesn't say "if you don't believe what we believe you will be punished". Again religions have a moral code they constantly ignore, example would be all the religious people in the military that have gone to war and killed innocent people. Some through no fault of there own but others intentionally. And religious people killed to force religion on other people that didn't believe what they did, like wise with people that don't believe in anything, they will find something to force on to someone else weather it be communism or democracy. It gets down to Human nature, its not god religion or any of that, its human nature to kill its human nature to love its human nature to hate its human nature to help its human nature to believe in a high power. I don't get why God was there for Sodom And Gomorrah and is no long willing to do anything for all the evil done even by his so called faithful. Religion Atheism doesn't matter, human nature is what really does it all. Its just that a lot of people believe that you will be punished for not believing and then go off and molest little boys and when caught repent and have the church hide any record of it, and by repenting they still get a spot in heaven, yet if you don't believe there is no way your getting to heaven even if other people have done way worse things then doubt.
I'm sure Jeffrey Dahmer is in heaven considering he was a born again christian.....

As you said about 6 times--human n ature. It is human nature sometimes to be a dick, regardless of what religious or not religious lable people give themselves. People do horrible things for a variety of reasons--athiest and theist alike. You like to blame religion, but religious people say the same thing about athiests with the exact same reasoning and prejudice you do. Meh, there are jerks and criminals and fanatics and people who want to force their will on others on both sides.

Most athiests I know are "live and let live" sorts and so are most Christians I know. It is the vocal, intolerant assholes that make things bad for everyone and get all the press. The jerks at Westboro Baptist Church are no better or worse than some of the militant athiests out there. They are two sides of the same coin.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

yes I have thought of those things and actually I beleive in a higher power that you may call god,,I just dont beleive that any book or any person has or had anything to do with the true divine creator of everything ,im not saying its not possible,Im just saying that those scribes could have come up with that in their imaginations.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobidinc

That was AWESOME !

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join