It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bible is 2000 year old psychic sandpeople garbage nonsense.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaticDill

Actually I beleive in a divine creator, maybe even a human sent here, but those sentences you seem to think are of importance are of no importance to me, I dont need the sentences from sandpeople to make me beleive in a higher power and do good deeds, I just do. Did I mention how selfish I think religious people are who are in it for thier own soul ?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

I watched them, thanks for taking the time to post them. I should have said that I beleive there is validity to the stories, my argument was really that since stories written so long after the messiah(of choice) ,how could the author know what was said word for word that long after the person had died. Of course there is truth behind most legendary tales and generally some basis for its existence.Even if the story may not be accurate, sometimes I think there is a basis, and this is only my opinion, I dont tell others what to think.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou
reply to post by chr0naut

Ah, all apologies. I did indeed mix up the names of two sickening collections of tribal fairy tales.

However, you're wrong. The Talmud is considered to be a primary law these days.

That may be but it is off-topic for this thread and I have no particular knowledge of those who hold it in superior place above the Torah.

The Torah is essentially the same as the Old Testament of the Christian Bible & that is what I uphold.

Cheerz!

The Talmud is certainly on-topic for this thread.

If you'd like I can provide some quotes regarding rabbinical views as to which is superior.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

They are of no meaning to you because your in denial and living in sin justifying it you refuse the conviction of the holy spirit. And theres only one way your ever going to get out and it starts with repentance and acceptance.

Our views of things tend to change when the trouble finally hits. Dont give into these New Age deceptions becuase they are nothing new.

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

John 14:17
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Its because people have forgotton who the Living God is.

John 1:3
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Romans 1:25
Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

James 1:8
A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

James 4:8
Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

James 3:6
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

Ecclesiastes

Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labor that I had labored to do: and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun.

And I turned myself to behold wisdom, and madness, and folly: for what can the man do that cometh after the king? even that which hath been already done.

Then I saw that wisdom excelleth folly, as far as light excelleth darkness.

The wise man's eyes are in his head; but the fool walketh in darkness: and I myself perceived also that one event happeneth to them all.

edit on 26-11-2012 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2012 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
So Christians that believe in the Bible are idiots?

Have you ever read the Bible?

Do you know the stories of Noah? Jonah? Moses? Lot? Daniel? Sampson? I bet you know most of these stories. That would be the Ark and the Flood, The Whale, Ten Commandments, Lot's wife turned into a Pillar of Salt, The Lions, and Strength. That is just to scratch the surface. So many other stories. All have a point.

What you have to decide is: Do you Believe?

I Believe is everlasting life. To think that when you die there is nothing? Too many stories of people who died and came back to debunk nothing.

So I pray for you, and your misguided life. Maybe you will see the light and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sandmannc40

For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds.

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by chr0naut

Well fellow with your vast knowledge and wit could you explain to us how life originated on this rock .DNA shot holes in the Scientific theory of spontaneous life . Space is too forbidding to support life traveling through space . And if somehow life were to start what would it feed on . Surely you have an alternative reality figured out before you would trash the only existing explanation . If you have not looked to explain your own existence I doubt you could expound on the existence of God . I do know that science can not claim to know or it would be all over the news .

I could respond that God did it.

Sadly, I have to agree that this could also be an intellectual cop out.

The problem is that the very smartest of us humans is not too far better than the most challenged in that area (it's like our brains were all built on the same template and have hard limitations imposed).

Anyway, I see the evidence of superhuman intelligence behind the structure of much of the universe. My conclusion is that, well, there must be a God.

As He is the best candidate I have at the moment, God did it.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I can prove that God exists and prove Jesus through the current revelation that led us on 2 expeditions to the first garden of Eden of Cyprus, one mile under the water locating the ancient Edenic landmass as described in the, I read and I see experience.

The information that led us there,

I read
www.urantia.org...-jump-result-0

and the results,
and I see,

www.dalamatiacity.com...
and more
www.dalamatiacity.com...
edit on 26-11-2012 by sevens8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi
Just look at how superstitious people are today with tarot cards, psychics, astral planes, Nostradamus, religion, and even the ludicrous notion of astrology.

Then imagine how much more superstitious they were 2000 years ago.

Then ask yourself why the Hell you would believe that everything they said was reported 100% accurately, especially when the oldest known book is from 130 years after Jesus died.

They will have misheard, misinterpreted, misremembered, embellished, and made up 99% of the stuff you think you know about Jesus.

I don't condone superstition.... I do condone the Good Book that multitudes of people conformed their lives to, and drawn assurances from - for their present life, and for the life to come.

So tell me friend... What is it that you have that is so great... that completely passes over the Bible? This great astounding belief of yours... that you cling to? I suppose that your belief gives you great comfort? And that you will hold to that belief until the minute you die? Right??

Don't let go your precious beliefs.....for they must be great!! In fact, they must be mind-blowing!!!

Please enlighten us who dwell in the dark. undeveloped, and primitive recesses of the human intellect... those of us who believe, and cling to... (and according to you)
(funny to say) some obscure, superstitious and unreliable book called "the Bible"... and share with us your great truth...
wwwwooooooowwwwww!!!!

Liv'n for the minute I get this reply.... Well... for about maybe a week... then wwwwooooooowwwwww!!!! won't we be enlightened by this guy's belief system!!!! wwwwooooooowwwwww again!!!!

edit on 27/11/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Even Ezekiel gives you the general location of 1st garden of Eden and what happened to it with prophecy for this day upon its revealing.from the nether parts.

It was all foreseen
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
15“‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: On the day it was brought down to the gravea I covered the deep springs with mourning for it; I held back its streams, and its abundant waters were restrained. Because of it I clothed Lebanon with gloom, and all the trees of the field withered away.

16 I made the nations tremble at the sound of its fall when I brought it down to the grave with those who go down to the pit. Then all the trees of Eden, the choicest and best of Lebanon, all the trees that were well-watered, were consoled in the earth below.

17Those who lived in its shade, its allies among the nations, had also gone down to the grave with it, joining those killed by the sword.

18“‘Which of the trees of Eden can be compared with you in splendor and majesty? Yet you, too, will be brought down with the trees of Eden to the earth below; you will lie among the uncircumcised, with those killed by the sword.

“‘This is Pharaoh and all his hordes, declares the Sovereign Lord.’”

niv.scripturetext.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by cantyousee

Originally posted by Sinfulknowledge

Originally posted by cantyousee
reply to post by NavyDoc

This is not a direct reply to NavyDoc. I am just jumping in here. I guess this is a reply to all those who dissed God in this thread. You see, I know for a fact that God exists. He has talked to me personally. He has taken me to the valley of vision and he has shown me that we are in the last generation of this present age. I have seen it.
I know for a fact that the Bible is a Holy work. I can tell you things in the future that are certain and undeniably
true. But people are to desposed to listen to themselves. They tend to disregard testimonies of others. I think it is an ego problem. It is beneath them to accept a reality that they themselves did not see. To bad there is not more faith. God loves faith. It pleases him. Even if it is faith in the testimony of one of his servants. He will give you eternal life for faith in his only begotten son. But without faith it is impossible to please him. We all make choices.

edit on 26-11-2012 by cantyousee because: (no reason given)
Everyone wants to now the future but the knowledge is only good for one thing. It serves no purpose other than to increase faith. I don't know if you have any.
I can't tell you what will happen in thirty days. I could speculate based upon what I do know. I can tell you this. The "man of sin" is here already. He has taken down three of the ten horns. He has obtained power through deceitful means and he has no right to the power because he is illegitimate. A time will soon come, after the awakening when he will make a turn for the worse. He will cast down the place of his own sanctuary and lead a great people into bondage. But his time is short. In a mere three and onehalf years he will come to his end and God will usher in his kingdom and give it to the saints to rule and judge. The next seven years are packed with fear and death and those who oppress God's people either directly or indirectly will reap a harvest of woe and could very well lose their souls if they are not careful. That is the immediate future without any more tarrying.

So what things in the future are going to happen according to what God told you?
would love to know.
What will happen say in 30 days that way we can not question the validity of you comments?
The last generation of this age? What do you mean?
I can say god spoke to me as well and you just got to have faith in what i say, doesn't make it true.
So please blow our minds, or did he say you can not tell us? o-0

But you said you could tell us what will happen in the future in your words "certain and undeniably
true" so what changed in the few hours you posted this reply?
I'm guessing you never could tell us and god talking to you was a massive release of '___' in your brain

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
So you have to ask yourself what would be the focus point at the end, Jesus is the beginning and end, the end comes from the beginning, what is the first name-place in the bible, Jesus is the second Adam and today we follow the traces of tracks of the 1st Adam and Jesus said he would reveal all that has been hidden made manifest!!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

When exactly did i blame religion? (even though we have case's that religion is the reason why some people killed)
That's not me condemning religion that's me showing that religious people do it to and its human nature.
by the way you have yet to give me the quote where i condemn all religion....
"It is the vocal, intolerant assholes that make things bad for everyone"
you mean like him? "They are the kind of people that would foam at the mouth in seeing Christians being fed to the lions and killed in a number of other creative and brutal ways like the cockroaches of the old Roman empire did"
that's why i posted what i posted, showing him that they are humans and will foam at the mouth as well.
Stop putting words in my mouth. A quote will suffice .

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

This post is addressed to jazztrance.

Originally posted by jazztrance
reply to post by EnigmaticDill

Actually I beleive in a divine creator, maybe even a human sent here,

You don't really know for sure? Well... maybe in your belief system... it's really not important.. who sent you here.

but those sentences you seem to think are of importance are of no importance to me, I dont need the sentences from sandpeople to make me beleive in a higher power and do good deeds, I just do.

And what is your motivation for that?

Also, if you don't mind......
-What do you expect to get in return for any good deeds you do? If nothing, then why bother?
-What is your belief of what will happen to you when you die?
thanks

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
When you have an onslaught of unbelievers....

Psalm 14:1

New King James Version (NKJV)

14 The fool has said in his heart,
“There is no God.”
They are corrupt,
They have done abominable works,
There is none who does good.
Psalm 14:1 NKJV

.... you make the best of what's still around....

Because...

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
1 Corinthians 1:18 NKJV

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

My house number is 70, I divide that by 2 and then add my favorite number 13. I then take that number and divide that into two again, then I re-multiple by two numbers floating in my head. Take that number and add to it the speed of light.................................................. An I'm done taking a #... See what I did there?
edit on 27-11-2012 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I talk to God everyday,
And God talks to me.

Read 'Conversations with God," (really.) It helped me understand much better. I imagine you haven't read the Bible. I also imagine youre a cynic. Your ego is very loud, no wonder you cant hear God.
Coming to an understanding of what God truly is will help. God is an energy source that vibrates at the same frequency as love and compassion. Quiet your mind, calm your heart, you will hear God.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

One thing you should look into, and probably add to your belief system, is the difficult to grasp concept of "i before e; except after c, or when it starts with a". Evasive as it may appear, all you have to do is remember that little ditty and commit! It also seems that you have trouble forming full sentences, which could hint at a lack of proper attention span required to deal with something as "wordy" as the bible; reading then understanding, guided by your discernment. It is still somewhere inside of you, unless the sand people buried yours, under all those groovy game changing basslines oozing outta your avatar.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinfulknowledge
reply to post by NavyDoc

When exactly did i blame religion? (even though we have case's that religion is the reason why some people killed)
That's not me condemning religion that's me showing that religious people do it to and its human nature.
by the way you have yet to give me the quote where i condemn all religion....
"It is the vocal, intolerant assholes that make things bad for everyone"
you mean like him? "They are the kind of people that would foam at the mouth in seeing Christians being fed to the lions and killed in a number of other creative and brutal ways like the cockroaches of the old Roman empire did"
that's why i posted what i posted, showing him that they are humans and will foam at the mouth as well.
Stop putting words in my mouth. A quote will suffice .

Dude, you generalize a lot in this thread:

Again another post made me laugh tonight
"They are the kind of people that would foam at the mouth in seeing Christians being fed to the lions and killed in a number of other creative and brutal ways"

Do you mean like how you guys do?

Since you posted these opinion pieces, one can infer that you agree with them, no?

Specifically, you become aware of a violation of separation of church and state, and you file a complaint. That's it. But once again, you face public outrage. People are every bit as upset with you as what we described in the first case. Many experience the same sort of violent urges, and you receive death threats. You are fired, stalked, and repeatedly threatened. And you know what? Once again, nobody is surprised. Nobody.

And what of the threats that inevitably come from some Christians whenever one of these complaints is successful? What are we to make of them? This, dear reader, is Christian terrorism. The Christians who make these threats are waging a campaign of terror to instill fear and keep us silent.

But this one is yours, I bolded the part where you included all Christians in with murderers.

murders of physicians who perform surgery to terminate pregnancies, murders of physicians who perform surgery to terminate pregnancies, that's Christians for you.

It is no mystery that Christianity’s history is saturated with Torquemadas and Urban IIs, people who forfeited compassion because they believed through faith that it was god’s will. In the spirit of Tu Quoque, religious people will often try to bring the atheist down to their level

Again religions have a moral code they constantly ignore, example would be all the religious people in the military that have gone to war and killed innocent people

So yeah, you say one thing that you claim is specific and then you generalize the hell out of people.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazztrance
SO ..let me get this straight. God doesnt speak to anyone anymore, if he does, they are crazy like David Koresh. YOU CAN ONLY have spoken to "GOD" way back then 2000 years ago for people to take it seriously. So lets see, there were psychic wannabe sandpeople in the desert that wrote stories about Jesus over a hundred years after his death (if he was even a real person,you cant prove it)...They wrote things Jesus said when they never even knew him. Whats mindblowing to me is that some people beleive that crap. NOT ONE THING they wrote has come to pass, NOT ONE, oh ofcourse ANYONE can turn a metaphore into whatever you want so to some it is accurate based on what they want it to mean. Looking at how the book was made, YOUVE GOTTA BE A SUCKER to buy into the scam..and what is really annoying is people who claim to take the bible literally but when it reads something you dont agree with ,then it was a MISTRANSLATION. The book is garbage and its sad so many fools beleive and are STILL waiting on some person to return that was a combination of dieties before him. to be a christian. First you must learn to be in denial ,then learn to beleive simply what you want to because you want to because nothing has been proven to you. What gets me is people actually argue over this garbage,its a wonder people so dumb can function in society. They must get ripped offall the time because they beleive anything cause if you beleive what the bible has written then YOULL BELEIVE ANYTHING.
edit on 25-11-2012 by jazztrance because: (no reason given)

I enjoy reading about James Padgett, he was a medium in the early 1900's he never made money off his (if true) communications with Jesus. And each time there would be a communication, Jesus would present himself as "I am here Jesus". I checked with google and it seems the only time I read that phrase "I am here Jesus" is with James Padgett in his (possible) dialog with "Jesus". If this is true, even Jesus claims to James Padgett that the bible is about 1/2 true. And if Jesus says it's 1/2 true and not totally true, who can you believe?

After studying the book of mormon and thinking it was totally true, then I read at tons of websites that no dna nor artifacts are in the book of mormon lands (north and south america) And a great bible - movie shows how there is at least artifacts from biblical periods. Though the bible maybe half true, at least that's better than not having a hair of evidence of artifacts or dna like the book of mormon.

So I think the christians are on to important facts, but thinking 1. Jesus is God I think could be a mistake. If you read James Padgett. 2. Adam and Eve were the first parents, could be a mistake if you think James Padgett words are correct in his possible communications with Jesus. 3. That there is a pre existence, could be true if you believe James Padgett's communications with Jesus. because of Joseph Smith taught about pre - existence , he has so much bad baggage it is hardly a wonder anyone would trust what he states. Because he was arrested for trying to find gold in peoples back yard and never finding anything. And his arrest record is documented. Even one of the founders, Oliver Cowdrey told a lawyer partner that the book of mormon was a fraud. There is so much out there that is documented.

So what I am getting to is, the bible does at least have artifacts, structures. (even mars has that
if you believe Skippers site mars anomaly research web site etc. But the book of mormon has NOTHING. But many LDS members believe. Belief is a STRONG pill to swallow and once you do, you better do your studying about it's roots and so many people that become members of various faiths, give their tithing and want it back when they become disillusioned and it's too late, you have been fleeced in the flock.

I think having faith can be a good thing as long as you keep looking. I am not saying James Padgett is totally true, I love looking into Michael Cremo's theories about civilizations being millions of years old (forbidden archeology). Reincarnation in why some relatives have marks from almost dying and the when a baby is born in that same family, certain marks re - appear, things like that.

I say go ahead and study James Padgett and other incredible stories that could be true but don't burn your bridges totally, keep and open mind because there is tons of information out there. And if you believe in GOD, that he brings thing out for the good of mankind. I think it could be the internet and the ability to glean out interesting finds. Sure there is going to be gotchas and bad crap, but be like a dog searching for a bone, smell out the foul odors and bring in the good. And then weed, weed, weed out the bad from that etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join