It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bible is 2000 year old psychic sandpeople garbage nonsense.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

If you continue to spurn Him your whole life... I would love to be the fly on the wall... to listen in on the conversation between you and God after you die.... That is.. if God even grants you audience with Him. I wouldn't be laughing in the background... probably will be feeling sorry for you.

But "God" loves me! Why wouldn't he grant me an audience? If he wanted to save me, wouldn't he put forth every possible effort to help me understand where I've gone wrong? Wouldn't he want to answer my questions, so as to avoid sending his beloved child to a fiery doom?

Because if he is more willing to eternally punish me for my behavior, despite that fact that he designed me and planned out my entire life, then maybe he isn't a loving and benevolent god after all. Maybe he's just a petulant little child, outraged that any of his creations would even consider taking his actions into account and deciding that perhaps he isn't morally sane. Sure sounds like a child to me. Hell, I've seen kids with better temperaments.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Yes he did send a post card ! We are at the end times of this dispensation . I think that the whole world knows something is about to happen.
Gods post card is called prophecy . Now before you go and say BS , check it out .
There are major end times prophecy about to be fulfilled ;
The war of Gog and Magog in Ezekiel 38 and Zechariah 14 This is the partial destruction of Israel .
The Global Government and Agenda 21 Revelations 17 verse 12 --14
The Mark of the Beast Revelation 13 verse 16 and 17
Note that for a Global Money a Global Government is needed to issue it and the Internet is required to facilitate the Mark of the Beast system . This is a Time Stamp on this prophecy .
And the Temple in Israel will be rebuilt if only for the AC to sit in and this required Israel to be a nation again after almost 2000 years being desolate . 2nd Thess chapter 2 .
A Post Card ? I would say so !
All of the above prophesies are coming true today in world politics . There is your POST CARD !

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

I can tell you the possibility of how life started, which is supported by much more evidence then the bible. Search for 'EVOLUTION' start there. Then talk to me when the coincidences become to unbearable to stand.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

You are a cheap thrill . Get a little more involved and get past the usual BS . If you don't know say so .

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Gods post card is called prophecy . Now before you go and say BS , check it out .
There are major end times prophecy about to be fulfilled ;

Self Fulfilling Prophecy:

The self-fulfilling prophecy is, in the beginning, a false definition of the situation evoking a new behaviour which makes the original false conception come 'true'. This specious validity of the self-fulfilling prophecy perpetuates a reign of error. For the prophet will cite the actual course of events as proof that he was right from the very beginning.[1]

That's a quote by Robert K. Merton, from this link:

en.wikipedia.org...

With this theory in mind, any widely known prophecy becomes invalid due to the human reaction to belief in such matters. The only true prophecy is a prophecy that is revealed after the fact and is proven to have existed before the actual event. A large portion of the so-called "prophecies" in the Bible cannot be said to match this description.

The Global Government and Agenda 21 Revelations 17 verse 12 --14
The Mark of the Beast Revelation 13 verse 16 and 1 Note that for a Global Money a Global Government is needed to issue it and the Internet is required to facilitate the Mark of the Beast system . This is a Time Stamp on this prophecy .

For the benefit of those reading, let's review those lines of scripture.

Revelation 17:12-14

King James Version (KJV)

12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

So where does this mention a one world government and the internet? Let's try the next one:

Revelation 13:16-17

King James Version (KJV)

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name

Well, there's the mark of the beast, but no world government and no internet mentioned.

A Post Card ? I would say so !
All of the above prophesies are coming true today in world politics . There is your POST CARD !

Hmm. A little odd that they didn't just come out and say so, isn't it? I mean, the descriptions are a little vague. They can be applied to this, but we can take any number of civilizations from history and apply it to them as well.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by MarkJS

If you continue to spurn Him your whole life... I would love to be the fly on the wall... to listen in on the conversation between you and God after you die.... That is.. if God even grants you audience with Him. I wouldn't be laughing in the background... probably will be feeling sorry for you.

But "God" loves me! Why wouldn't he grant me an audience? If he wanted to save me, wouldn't he put forth every possible effort to help me understand where I've gone wrong? Wouldn't he want to answer my questions, so as to avoid sending his beloved child to a fiery doom?

Because if he is more willing to eternally punish me for my behavior, despite that fact that he designed me and planned out my entire life, then maybe he isn't a loving and benevolent god after all. Maybe he's just a petulant little child, outraged that any of his creations would even consider taking his actions into account and deciding that perhaps he isn't morally sane. Sure sounds like a child to me. Hell, I've seen kids with better temperaments.

Perhaps, just perhaps, God intended you (and all His creations) to be far more than what you are now.

It would be foolish to define heaven as 'more of the same' - for ever. That's actually a bit hellish!

God IS granting you an audience, right now. He knows more about you than you know about yourself. You are the center of His attention.

He also has a plan and purpose for you that He has revealed is beyond your current conception. Despite your wilfulness, tantrums, ignorance and nonsense, His will overrides yours and He won't let you ruin your party.

edit on 28/11/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

He also has a plan and purpose for you that He has revealed is beyond your current conception. Despite your wilfulness, tantrums, ignorance and nonsense, His will overrides yours and He won't let you ruin your party.
\

Let's focus on that part. How do my previous posts in this thread resemble tantrums, ignorance or nonsense? I have very clearly outlined my line of logic, and all you can give me is your own faithful opinions and a bunch of scripture. Can you give me something that makes sense? Something that isn't "just because"?

Right now, you aren't convincing me that you don't worship an imaginary tyrannical lunatic.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Hhahaha thanks for the um reply I guess. You must be one of those types that's 'found' all the answers. Care to embellish your insanity to me?
edit on 28-11-2012 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by NoJoker13
No one wants to reply to me I suppose! Enjoy that life of being in your own self-delusions.

This life in and of itself is a self delusion, for you exist for no other reason but to live and then die and be forgotton while maggots feast on your corpse. Sounds like an awesome way to end your worthless and utterly pointless life no? No point to even being born, when your end can never be changed, just a cold stinking grave containing a mouldering corpse. Do you fear the grave? Can you feel the despair set in, knowing your fate is the cruelest joke in the universe? You are nothing and your life means nothing.
edit on 27-11-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

Oh, dear, what is that sulfur I smell? Is it Eternal Torture Sulfur or is it Final Annihilation Sulfur? NoJoker13 is saved, is being saved, and is going to be saved, even if the lonewolf can not see it. Relax - lonewolf is saved too.

You're not getting my point. I was addressing the atheistic view on death. Do you see how negative that view is and how it invites hopelessness and despair? When your end cannot be changed, what point is there to being born? All that you do and will do, all that you have become will be lost and you're life never meant anything to begin with and was a pointless waste of time, space and matter.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

This life in and of itself is a self delusion, for you exist for no other reason but to live and then die and be forgotton while maggots feast on your corpse. Sounds like an awesome way to end your worthless and utterly pointless life no? No point to even being born, when your end can never be changed, just a cold stinking grave containing a mouldering corpse. Do you fear the grave? Can you feel the despair set in, knowing your fate is the cruelest joke in the universe? You are nothing and your life means nothing.

You're not getting my point. I was addressing the atheistic view on death. Do you see how negative that view is and how it invites hopelessness and despair?

Both of the above quotes originate from your posts, Lonewolf. They very strongly imply that the point of adhering to these beliefs is not because they are true, but because they make us more comfortable with our existence - as I have been saying all along. We do not care about truth, we care about being able to sleep at night and finding the courage to get up in the morning.

At least if I were to open a coffin, I would find a corpse riddled with maggots...or I would if I lived in the 1600's or a country that doesn't use embalming fluid. These days, in many American coffins, I would find a cold, stiff corpse. Either way, not far from the sarcastic response you gave above. So see, in mocking the atheistic version of the world, you've given a pretty accurate description of the most literal view one can take in the subject of death. A view that is easily proven, no faith involved. It is a thoroughly substantiated stance to take on the subject...and you ridicule such a viewpoint, because "it invites hopelessness and despair".

So if the truth isn't palatable, then settle for a convenient lie? You've proven the entire premise of this thread, good sir. I salute your mistaken attempts at sarcasm for this reason.

edit on 28-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

reply to post by EnochWasRight

I believe in God, the Eternal I AM. His first creation was the Son of God.

1 Colossians 1: 15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

I do believe this. There is more than enough evidence. I would say it takes more faith not to believe.

That, I think, is not the point. Not for me, anyway. I mean, if by some unlikely chance it turned out the entire Bible was completely accurate - I still wouldn't care. That's not to say I don't want to know the truth. I do want the truth. I want to know the nature of this world, because that will tell me what the human species is meant for. But if I discover that the Bible is irrefutably correct, then I would still harbor no love, devotion, or respect for this "God" person. As far as I can tell, this whole world is just a drunken pregnancy that was purely a result of blind, unthinking passion. And ever since its birth, we've been treated like the bastardized child of a schizophrenic drug addict who terrorizes her home and family because she's too weak and proud to admit her own mistakes.

So your argument is pointless. Even if it is revealed to be fully accurate, it doesn't make me respect "God", because it still doesn't erase centuries of neglect and tyranny. So many chances to change the course of history, and an omniscient omnipotent benevolent being misses all of them? That's incredible. Not only does he miss every chance to save all of his creations, but he actually created the problems that started the whole ordeal to begin with. Everything you can possibly hate, came from his hand. Everything that has ever gone wrong, has done so because he allowed it. Everything you have ever feared, everything that ever caused you pain, everything that has EVER made you cry, was his idea. His invention. His responsibility. That's a lot of pain and suffering for a guy who gave his only begotten son that we might not perish but live forever in his glory.

And what's with that? He created the whole damn world and every law of nature in existence - are you telling me he designed this world with the rule stating that your firstborn must be sacrificed to appease the deities of karma? If he had really wanted to, Jesus could have been spared and everything solved with the snap of the fingers. Hell, a simple word would have been sufficient. Worked with everything else, didn't it? But no, he was only satisfied with the most cruel and barbaric method those times had of killing a man in cold blood. And he watched his own son suffer for it. There was no other solution? No other way? Absolutely no alternative means of fixing everything he had KNOWN would go wrong, and still set in motion? That's impossible. If all the credit given to "God" is truly deserved, then he has a LOT to answer for. And until he does, I'm not spending a single ounce of energy for his benefit.

edit on 27-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)
So you have no respect for God! Even if you found out the bible is true.
This is what it's all about! God is sifting out those who do not love him. He cannot command love. It must be given freely. he only wants to spend eternity with those who love him.
YOu say "centuries of neglect and abuse? This is what a world who rejects God gets. Certain elements of his creation have rejected him and when that happens bad things transpire. You cannot blame that on God. he told you how to prosper. When this show is over there will be no enemies. NO one to correct. No one to resist his love and his ways. and anyone who isn't happy with that will not be around to be unhappy. It pays to make peace with the Creator and reverence his son.He makes the rules. He's God. get over yourself.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

There is more to it than that but I thought you have a little more knowledge of the bible than you have . The Antichrist will rule that system . By default of any other knowledge of the bible the aforementioned implies Global government . Logic tells us there has to be a global government to issue a global money .Those 10 kings are the 10 richest Jewish families that owns the 12 Privately owned Federal Reserve Banks associated by most as being part of the US government , the World bank and IMF .The core people of the NWO / Bilderbergers /G20/ Agenda 21 are those 10 Jewish families and the heads of each family .

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

So you spoke out of ignorance . No man has that answer . The Bible is just as plausible as some of the attempts of science to explain the unexplainable .
DNA has factored in since Evolution from the possibility of spontaneous life. DNA does not randomly occur within a living cell . Both of these do not occur randomly and what would be their food to grow on .If you have life without nutrition it dies .
Evolution has not been proved as fact yet .And it does not account for the original life forms .

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

No it doesn't but the processes of the universe (that still are yet proven) will. Religion is fine for people to have but to me is also a product of ignorance since it makes people complacent with the way things are. Clearly that point can be argued to the death, don't see a need to. The evidence that science continues to find is evidence of purpose in a universe that seems so desolate. Life in my eyes has a purpose, clearly, to think that just as soon as years we may realize that there is life on other planets. So what then? What happens when we find that life is abundant everywhere and we're just fortunate enough to be on a stable rock... Whatever the case I hope that you find your conclusions into religion through reason, by your own words there is no one true answer, so try to have an open mind since science is constantly refining their answers.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Lonewolf, I understood you point perfectly, being an ex-atheist myself. My point is that your point and Mr Nojoke's point-of-view are both irrelevant.

Jesus said that if He were lifted up (on the cross), He would draw all men to Himself. That means me, you, Nojoke, everybody. Our ideas, opinions, views, and doctrines do not enter into it. We're going to go willingly, or we're going to be drawn/dragged into the Kingdom of God to face reward or punishment. In the end, we're all saved, else how can God become all-in-all?

If Nojoke doesn't "get it," it only means that Jesus has yet to draw/drag him...but He will.

edit on 28-11-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Yes they are refining their answer . They are now looking into intellegent design as the answer . Regardless of whats out there a billion miles away we have to deal with our existence . The bible says there is nothing new under the sun . The bible also said the prophet Eiljah was removed from the earth by a Fiery Chariot with a brief description . We do not know whats out there . We can't deal with whats here .

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

reply to post by chr0naut

\

Let's focus on that part. How do my previous posts in this thread resemble tantrums, ignorance or nonsense? I have very clearly outlined my line of logic, and all you can give me is your own faithful opinions and a bunch of scripture. Can you give me something that makes sense? Something that isn't "just because"?

Right now, you aren't convincing me that you don't worship an imaginary tyrannical lunatic.

An omnipotent tyrannical lunatic would not allow a dissenting voice so the existence and publication of your suggestion itself disproves that.

As for imaginary, if God is at the root cause of our existence, then our existence proves God. But of course, it is based upon individual perspective as to how we interpret our existence and purpose (or lack thereof).

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinocchio

Hey, can you explain that image a little more instead of just plopping it down for us to decode? Where do all those symbols come from? What is the application of their meanings? What's the significance? I'm particularly interested in the Jachin and Boaz... "YOU CAN BE US".
edit on 29-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Originally posted by NoJoker13
No one wants to reply to me I suppose! Enjoy that life of being in your own self-delusions.

edit on 27-11-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

Oh, dear, what is that sulfur I smell? Is it Eternal Torture Sulfur or is it Final Annihilation Sulfur? NoJoker13 is saved, is being saved, and is going to be saved, even if the lonewolf can not see it. Relax - lonewolf is saved too.

You're not getting my point. I was addressing the atheistic view on death. Do you see how negative that view is and how it invites hopelessness and despair? When your end cannot be changed, what point is there to being born? All that you do and will do, all that you have become will be lost and you're life never meant anything to begin with and was a pointless waste of time, space and matter.

Right there in this response is the very reason why human beings created god.

An inability to recognize their own insignifcance in the grand scheme. An insistence that they alone have some purpose in this world. This ego causes them to invent a belief system that enables them to play a more important role in the universe - a role that frankly doesn't exist.

A bug doesn't have a purpose. A bug is hatched and a bug lives. Some bugs feed other creatures, while some get squashed and some simply live out their string. The same applies to all living things. Why do we have to be here for a reason?

I'm content that I wasn't put here for some divine purpose. I'm happy enough to live and then die, wherein I'm extinguished. It happens to every living creature on this planet. I'm no different.

Perhaps lose your ego and inflated sense of importance and you'll see that my so-called "negative" and "hopeless" view on my life and death is neither. It's simply a realistic view of my role in all of this. I'm happy to have been able to live, love, and enjoy. I don't need a magical safety net to make my life worth living.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join