It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters: North Korea Possibly Preparing Long Range Missile Launch

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by chishuppu
How many long range missiles does the US have or SK. Don't worry I doubt they will kill as many civilians or invade as many nations has the US has, so if its civilian death records you are worried about the US is leading with just Iraq alone at 1 million. In case you are wondering as well since you threw Japan in there, I doubt NK will out do Hiroshima and Nagasaki, so that US record is safe.
I seriously doubt a mouthy lil troll who's 2 month membership gives a God damn about the people of Iraq,Japan or anyone else as they are his excuse to talk smack and derail threads.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I know what I posted, and before I answer your question I would like you to pull out a map and double check your statement. I posted my point as well as other info so it doesn't seem biased to my point, its not about right or wrong, its about what is. I don't stand on a point if the point is proved invalid.

South Korea fired shells that landed in water. There is no evidence that the border was compromised. North Korea fired dozens of shells into populated areas with the intent to kill and South Koreans died. Why do I need a map? I used YOUR link. How about you pull out a map?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

The South fired test shots into an area that would obviously cause a NK reaction, don't start nothing there won't be nothing. Tell me more about these analysts and what organization they come from, or are they from the same place experts, accepted sources, natural flavours, etc, come from.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

The South fired test shots into an area that would obviously cause a NK reaction, don't start nothing there won't be nothing. Tell me more about these analysts and what organization they come from, or are they from the same place experts, accepted sources, natural flavours, etc, come from.

I am beginning to think you are a NK paid poster. No one with 2 working brain cells that occasionally meet can believe shelling land and killing people is a justified response to shelling WATER on the South Korean side. Remember what you said about rectums and opinions?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
ANYWAY

Meanwhile back at the ranch....

NORTH Korea has threatened to repeat its 2010 artillery attack on a border island

The North Korean spokesman said the South's plans to commemorate the anniversary of the shelling were a "ridiculous farce" that invited derision and censure.

The only regret on the North's side, he said, was that the military had not seized the opportunity two years ago "to send the whole of Yeonpyeong Island to the bottom of the sea".

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

The must be reading from an Israeli handbook, I kid I kid.

If its justification you seek then war sections are not for you, reaction has always caused more damage than the action. War on terror is a reaction to 3000 deaths, Palestinian massacres are reactions to less than 10 deaths, the list can go on and on. When it comes to war, you are dealing not with regular humans, but men trained to kill and wouldn't bat an eye to an innocent civilian. Dems the brakes.

On a side note, thats whats got me angry about the General Petreus thing, that man has killed for the US in attack and defense. His moral standards are not that of ours and its an insult to put him on tv about effing affairs. OH its ok to kill soldiers, and accidental civilians General, but we draw the line at infidelity.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
ANYWAY

NORTH Korea has threatened to repeat its 2010 artillery attack on a border island

The North Korean spokesman said the South's plans to commemorate the anniversary of the shelling were a "ridiculous farce" that invited derision and censure.

The only regret on the North's side, he said, was that the military had not seized the opportunity two years ago "to send the whole of Yeonpyeong Island to the bottom of the sea".

My point exactly, why would want to provoke NK with this nonsense, it just doesn't make any sense, don't go to a border that is under heavy dispute just because. I don't blame NK for saying eff you to the UN especially when it is led by its enemy, that same UN nonsense is what started the Palestinian issue. NK has threatened react to SK's action, ball is in SKs court now.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by chishuppu

Damn right the ball is in South Korea's court.

South Korea can do whatever the hell they choose to do on their side of the border. North Korea doesn't get to dictate what the South does on its side of the border anymore than the South dictates to the North on theirs.

pffft....

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

The must be reading from an Israeli handbook, I kid I kid.

If its justification you seek then war sections are not for you, reaction has always caused more damage than the action. War on terror is a reaction to 3000 deaths, Palestinian massacres are reactions to less than 10 deaths, the list can go on and on. When it comes to war, you are dealing not with regular humans, but men trained to kill and wouldn't bat an eye to an innocent civilian. Dems the brakes.

On a side note, thats whats got me angry about the General Petreus thing, that man has killed for the US in attack and defense. His moral standards are not that of ours and its an insult to put him on tv about effing affairs. OH its ok to kill soldiers, and accidental civilians General, but we draw the line at infidelity.

So which is it? You claim the US is terrible because of the deaths in the 'reaction' (war). Yet you claim the NK is justified. Sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it too. You just justified every single strike Israel has ever done. So I expect you to back them up next time Israel strikes Palestinians. Although you're simply a hypocrite who changes the goalposts when it suits you so I won't hold my breath.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
ANYWAY

My point exactly, why would want to provoke NK with this nonsense, it just doesn't make any sense, don't go to a border that is under heavy dispute just because. I don't blame NK for saying eff you to the UN especially when it is led by its enemy, that same UN nonsense is what started the Palestinian issue. NK has threatened react to SK's action, ball is in SKs court now.

Why does NK get to dictate whether SK pays tribute to the lives lost? Why does NK get to dictate what SK does in THEIR country? Why is NK justified in KILLING South Koreans over this? I hope you are being paid well since you are making yourself out to be a fool.

edit on 26-11-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I think NK can do what they like all the time Israel is completely embarrassing the UNs authority in the world.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

What does NK have to do with Israel?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

You want justification for war, I can't give you one, no one is justified in this situation. It is what happens, I dont want my cake and eat it too, I am playing by the rules given, I would rather both just go home. I can't create new rules to this war game, you act, someone reacts, so all I can say is well you should have acted if you knew that would cause a bad reaction, diplomacy.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

North Korea does have a say in artillery being dropped on the border, Mexico has a say in artillery being dropped near their border especially in an area that is disputed. You don't drop bombs near anyones border, thats just asking for trouble especially if you are enemies. Even you neighbor won't drop nasty trash where your grass meets his, thats just asking for a problem. This idea of freedom to do things that you know will entice an issue is stupid, why choose to provoke someone, why not choose peace, why do you want a fight. Im not touching you, ik not touching you, im not touching you, is a childs game.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

yeah what does NK have to do with Israel, Israel kills for peace, Israel doesn't target civilians, only where they live.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Whatever happens, it will likely not succeed but end up crapping up in the ocean somewhere. Although I do hope that it doesn't harm any fish or Japan for the matter. BEST KOREA hurt too many people already.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wrabbit- kudos on an intelligent post in the middle of this s@£$-storm.

North Korea rattle their little sabre every so often when they think the world has forgotten about them for a while, like a child having a tantrum because no-one is paying them enough attention, and have been doing more so since 2008 and the break down of the six-party talks.

In a lecture in 1993, Bruce Cuming stated "based on information gathered by the CIA, the activity around the Yongbyon facility may have been done expressly to draw the attention of U.S. satellites."- in other words, the whole thing was designed to draw the US and other world players into talks. Further to this argument is the observation that many parties have a vested interest in the claim that North Korea has nuclear weapons. For North Korea, it has been a bargaining tool for opening diplomatic discussions. The nuclear development program can be manipulated in exchange for foreign aid.

With their population literally starving, crumbling infrastructure, but still wanting to be a global military player, they would be 'the laughing stock of Asia' if they werent so dangerous (as any nuclear armed nation can potentially be), and currently they are like an 8 year old running around with loaded handgun- unpradictable and alarming.

The Taepodong-X/Nodong-B Mobile Ballistic Missile (now named "Musdan Missile") was unsuccessfully tested in 2006, and at the time, US intel estimated it would not be operational for 11 years, but at that point, would be able to hit the continental US (although not with a nuke, and not accurately).

The ability of North Korea's Rodong-1 missile to strike Tokyo, the fact that 90% of mainland Japan are covered by the Rodong, and estimates that some already have nuclear warheads is added cause for concern.

This latest missile test would be a good time for 'anyone' with space based anti ICBM technology to give their own demonstration, as not being able to use nuclear proliferation as a bargaining chip would change the playing field significantly.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunda

name the countries that already have this tech please.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by chishuppu

Oh, I dont think I need to do that.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join