It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters: North Korea Possibly Preparing Long Range Missile Launch

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
I think NK can do what they like all the time Israel is....

Why should anyone follow the UN's rules if Israel...

Israel kills....

Beavers

The Middle East Forum is that way ------------------------->

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The initial post has credence, being asked to justify it, forces me to repeat myself

It's still valid tho, why should one country follow the rules when another doesn't have to?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I think NK can do what they like all the time Israel is....

Why should anyone follow the UN's rules if Israel...

Israel kills....

Beavers

The Middle East Forum is that way ------------------------->

(SLAYER? I actually looked ----------------------------------> that way.)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Another failed missile launch.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

reply to post by SLAYER69

The initial post has credence, being asked to justify it, forces me to repeat myself

It's still valid tho, why should one country follow the rules when another doesn't have to?

Then you agree Israel should be able to do whatever they want whenever they want. Since Israel is not the first country to "break the rules" they should not have to follow any.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Israel gets its material from the US and other NATO countries, the NPT is strict about giving nuclear materials to non signers. That is why the US does not, will not, acknowledge that Israel has nukes. NK makes their own materials and don't have to trade with anyone. People talk about NK being poor, the fact is they have nuclear energy and if you have seen recet photos of NK you will see they are first world looking.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Yeah, whatever.

Scrap the whole rulebook and stop wasting everyone's time and money.

What's the point if people can do what they like anyway? Or one side is given unfair amount of leniency.

It's almost goading countries like NK.

Maybe that's the point?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
this article from the Weekly Standard makes it sound like they are launching a real satellite...

www.weeklysta... ndard.com/blogs/north-korea-plans-peaceful-launch-polar-orbiting-earth-observation-satellite_664305.html

North Korea Plans 'Peaceful' Launch of 'Polar-Orbiting Earth Observation Satellite'

"In the announcement attributed to a spokesman for the Korean Committee for Space Technology, North Korea said the rocket would carry a 'polar-orbiting earth observation satellite' for 'peaceful scientific and technological' purposes," reports the Los Angeles Times.

does anyone else worry that if they launch a satellite that it is bad news ? it makes me think of the game home front where they launch a satellite and use it to launch an EMP.... or like the new Red Dawn movie...

some news reports are making it sound like just a missle but it seems like it is more that that....
its kinda scary the way they say its "peacefull" scary stuff...

and Bloomberg has a short article implying it is a real satellite..

www.bloomberg.com...

China expressed concern over North Korea’s plan to launch a satellite, foreign ministry spokesman Qin Gang said in a statement posted on the ministry’s website today.

North Korea has right to make peaceful use of outerspace although those rights are restricted, Qin said in the statement.

edit on 3-12-2012 by infowarrior039 because: add more sources

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by chishuppu
I am defending NK because NK has not invaded anyone,

Apart from South Korea, but of course you ignore that little invasion.... why is that?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
South Korea has recovered what is believed to be the debris of the first stage engine. They said that it was severely damaged, most likely from impact with the water. It was found about 100 miles off Gunsan, on the sea floor. It appears that the first stage was four Rodong missiles strapped together, while the second was a Scud engine.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CALGARIAN

Looks like North Korea finally launched one that COULD have flown 4,500km, if it were not programmed to splash into the ocean the way it was..

""North Korea has fired what Japan said could be a new type of missile, in an early diplomatic test for South Korea’s new president, Moon Jae-in.

The US Pacific Command confirmed a missile had been launched from a site in Kusong, north-west of the capital Pyongyang, but added that “the flight is not consistent with an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM).”

Japanese and US military officials said it had flown about 800km before falling, without incident, in waters about 400km off the east coast of North Korea. Japan’s defence minister, Tomomi Inada, said the missile reached an altitude of 2,000km.

David Wright, co-director of the Global Security Programme at the Union of Concerned Scientists, said flight data suggested the missile could be more advanced than others in North Korea’s arsenal. “If the information that has been reported about the test are correct, the missile has considerably longer range than its current missiles,” he said.

Citing Japanese reports, Wright said the 30-minute flight time “would instead require a missile that was highly lofted, reaching an apogee of about 2,000km while splashing down at a range of 700km. If that same missile was flown on a standard trajectory, it would have a maximum range of about 4,500km.”

Source: www.theguardian.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join