It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Bigfoot' DNA sequenced in upcoming genetics study

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This is a must read on the subject!! doubtfulnews.com...

I myself won't be holding my breath. I think this will go no where. We need a body.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

That's pretty much why I posted the Art Bell Texas Hillbilly. I think if we have any chance of finding bodies it might be right there in the pan handle of Texas. I'll try to call in tonight on coast to coast and hope someone gets thru. If a lot of us try we may get somewhere.

Open are scheduled for Friday. hmmm
edit on 26-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY

I myself won't be holding my breath. I think this will go no where. We need a body.

Thanks - exactly along the lines of what I was saying here for the last 2 days....

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

If Justin Smeja is to be believed he provided a portion of one already.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Regardless the results of peer review on this paper, we do indeed need a body, if only for confirmation to replicate results listed in the Ketchum paper.

Replication is a key part of confirmation on any observation.

Anyone can say they got sample X from unknown creature Y, especially if they know the language of genetics and can effectively manipulate data for a desired result.
Independent observation/replication of similar results and indications is thus quite very important.

Of course, given a whole body, sequencing samples from it would be a little redundant as a matter of confirmation of a species, but, having a while body with direct chain of custody over samples gone into sequence would give us the most accurate sequencing for the database.

Preferably, a 'body' would involve a live specimen. If we can knock out Rhinos with fat doses of Ketamine, or good old M99, we could certainly do the same with a Sasquatch, given we can find one to send off to happy land with a dart.

Any and every hillbilly or rural type could certainly flood universities with samples for sequencing, but, there's no chain of custody, and no guarantee of measures taken to avoid contamination.
Chain of custody over a sample taken directly from a representative member of the species body is certainly imperative for most accurate results in mapping out a sequence.

edit on 26-11-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
Bigfoot is real (I've seen it my self)

Bigfoot may be real TO YOU, but this isn't about you, my friend. It is about validating the existence of a new and scientifically unknown species of animal. That requires more than just subjective visual stories by an individual or slew of individuals. It requires hard science and validated, objective proof. That's all the rest of the scientific community is asking for...

and it hasn't been found by most (our government is aware of them)

Of course....cause the gubernment knows everything. Sorry for the sarcasm, but vague, casual statements like that just really get under my skin. The government can't find a dozen or more well known & documented terrorists...you think they can find a species that isn't even proven to exist?

because they are at least as intelligent as us, if not more.

Again, how do you know they are intelligent at all? This is mere speculation simply because there is no definitive proof that they exist. i.e. you assume they are intelligent because they have evaded capture or providing us lowly humans with definitive proof. Assigning intelligence as a foregone conclusion before you prove existence is really kind of ass-backwards and illogical, no offense....

Further, statistically, half the human population can be considered "not that smart" (i.e. under the median IQ value). So how do you measure intelligence between species, especially an unknown one....?

Could you find a family of super green berets with the gifts bf had if they didn't want to be?

Again, this is a relative statement. Even green berets are not super human. They leave behind skeletons when they die and so on.... And I say this with the deepest respect (my father is a green beret)....
edit on 26-11-2012 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

Yeah all that matters is it's real too myself...you have your doubts...I have no problem with that and won't even try too hard to change it.

My sighting was while I was a soldier stationed in Alaska in '96.

Certain agencies in our govt are WELL aware of BF. The policy is long as they don't rock the boat too much, leave them be.

See there's no arguing with you data types, so I don't try. I just wag my finger when average people know something as reality, while it takes our brightest scientific minds being late to the party and figuring something out.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerMcBacon

Well then! I guess I fit that bill as I did have an encounter in the Kiamichi mountains in southeastern Oklahoma almost a decade ago. If you want to cower behind your paradigm then go ahead. Not all of us approach life like a scared child with our hands over our eyes crying "you're not real!" Science likes to pretend to be progressive, in reality many times it hinders progress through its refusal to acknowledge anything that challenges its accepted ideologies.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Jeff meldrum made a statment on his face book page when asked what he thought about this crap.

Here is Meldrum's response:

The press release was frankly premature and unprofessional given the lack of any published reviewed results.It apparently was precipitated by a leak of information that was pubicized. Let's wait and see what the published results will be and how they are to be INTERPRETED.

BTW -- the spokesperson would divulge neither a timeline for publication, nor which journal received the submission. She did however inform us that they were in regular communication (psychic?) with sasquatch, and that they (the sasquatch) were enthusiastic about the study and the press release, and are completely supportive of Melba's project.

[That being the case, one could ask why one or two of them (the sasquatch) doesn't just come forward and hold their own press conference.]

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Meldrum has his own skeletons in his closet....LOL, and I'm frankly suprised no ones looking.

he so far hasn't backed this claim up with any proof, so it's more a case of sour grapes. He's backed himself into a corner with his ape-theory so JMO he's screwed himself.
edit on 26-11-2012 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Jeff meldrum made a statment on his face book page when asked what he thought about this crap.

Here is Meldrum's response:

The press release was frankly premature and unprofessional given the lack of any published reviewed results.It apparently was precipitated by a leak of information that was pubicized. Let's wait and see what the published results will be and how they are to be INTERPRETED.

BTW -- the spokesperson would divulge neither a timeline for publication, nor which journal received the submission.She did however inform us that they were in regular communication (psychic?) with sasquatch, and that they (the sasquatch) were enthusiastic about the study and the press release, and are completely supportive of Melba's project.

[That being the case, one could ask why one or two of them (the sasquatch) doesn't just come forward and hold their own press conference.]

Wait. What?
If the highlighted part quoted is any actual serious statement, this whole thing just gets more and more hanky all the time. Angel DNA? In communication with Sasquatch and they're excited about press release?

This whole thing is started to read more like some fantasy story.

Perhaps I should go stand in the fireplace and start yelling "Diagon Alley!"

edit on 26-11-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Yeah, I think I'll join you. Its fun to follow though.

here's the link bigfootevidence.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I just realized something, reading Ketchum's PR again, as it is published on her web site.

Apparently, Ketchum's media contact is:

If that isn't the last nail into the coffin of her credibility and therefore the credibility of her "study", then I don't know what is.

The same Robin Lynne of rural Michigan, that claims that she is feeding a Bigfoot family on her farm - and that BF really likes Blueberry bagels.. (note that she also goes by Robin Lynne Pfeifer):

.......a woman in Newaygo County, Mich., told Discovery News that she has been interacting with and actually feeding a large family of close to 10 Bigfoot-like creatures who live in the woods near her home for the past two years.

"They get fish every day, a bucket of fruit, a bucket of dry dog food," said Robin Lynn Pfeifer, a 47-year-old resident of Newaygo County, north of Grand Rapids. "Their favorite thing is blueberry bagels. If I'm not baking them, I go to different stores to buy them. I tell them they are feeding the wildlife."

She said she has collected casts of many large footprints, but says the creatures are too shy and too clever for her to get a photograph. She describes the Bigfoots as ranging from six to nine feet tall and looking like humans, except for hairy coats and broad noses.

"The biggest one I've sat and looked at for 15 minutes was nine and a half feet tall," Pfeifer told Discovery News. "The large male is all black. Others are beige and white. The biggest footprint is 18 and a half inches long."

Full story

Of course, Bigfoot is "much too clever" for her to get a photograph...while he's chewing on her blueberry bagels and a shmear......GMAFB

Please note that the 231 area code above is within Newaygo county, Michigan.

Bring in the clowns - it's a 3 ring circus....

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Well hopefully if this is assessed to be something worth checking out they can take it more seriously and actually do some proper searching and make a good attempt at looking for a sasquatch so there can be a more credible source rather than all the strange hillbilly people they show on those tv shows about it
(Not that I'm implying that everyone that's had a bigfoot encounter is a strange hillbilly :lol

Although I guess the government still isn't exactly a reliable and credible source

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

It certainly cannot get any more hanky than that, bummer.
Somebody please poke me when they haul in a gurney with a really large hairy thing on it.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Dr. Melba Ketchum Says Sasquatches Are Playful (on her "Face book" page) cont....

"Thought you guys might like to see the interesting stick structure I found when I was out of state this weekend. The base on which the sticks were laid were two broken cedars that were growing beside each other. This was not naturally made. I found a number of very interesting structures besides this one. The Sasquatches were playful to say the least and I saw an entire family of 5. I never get tired of that."

" do this for my own enjoyment. I know they exist because of their DNA and also because I have seen them. I have nothing to prove so I would rather see and interact with them without a camera than to not see them. I don't care if people believe it or not. It is just enjoyable to me. I am very thankful that they trust me enough to come out. Of course I have always had a good relationship with many species so I think that they know I am harmless.
"

" I already have had a lot of criticism just doing the paper so I really do not care what people think or say or if they believe it or not...I will reiterate, I do this for my own enjoyment."

I think its time to remove this "study" from the burner, its well done and burnt!!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Dr. Melba Ketchum Says Sasquatches Are Playful (on her "Face book" page) cont....

"

I think its time to remove this "study" from the burner, its well done and burnt!!

She's starting to remind me of that grizzly bear follower Timothy Treadwell, he was all mentally connected to these grizzlies, hanging out with them playing ring toss and frolicking... so he thought, until one got a hold of him:

edit on 27-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
WOW......

While we wait a few days for the science to be published, people have been busy picking nits to cast aspersions.

To put this in another light....Mz. P was invited by the Russian Govt BECAUSE of her experiences and perspective. Despite what several articles say what on earth makes you think a couple of journalists who were NOT at that conference were apprised of the totality of any evidence she possesses?

There is a long relationship between the Almasty and humans in the Caucasus region.
www.stgr-primates.de...

BFRO also has many reports of this, so someone being asked to speak to it is an honor not damning behavior.

Long term so called ''habituators'' are going to be necessary to work with Anthropologists in documenting behavior, population numbers, tool usage and more. TheLegend here on ATS has such a situation unfolding that is just fascinating.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lisa A. Shiel has been working with her own BF for quite some time in a less publicized, yet very professional manner. Building a Anthropological case for what she's finding on her property.
lisashiel.jacobsvillebooks.com...

Sound bites are all nice and flashy, but generally not all there is to a story.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Caver78

The problem with your comments is that a scientist is ethically and professionally required to set their personal opinions and beliefs aside when doing research otherwise you are allowing your own subjectivity to color your review of the resultant data. Because it tends to generally be completely impossible to remove subjectivity 100%, that's the reason why we have "peer review" of all research.

Dr. Ketchum has a lot to answer for as far as HOW she conducted her testing to ensure it was done with proper scientific controls. While it is certainly not profound that she put out a press release BEFORE the results have been validated, that's not totally uncommon in the scientific community. It happens quite frequently, actually... What makes this different is that she is trying to prove a claim that many would state is on "fringe science;" therefore, she should hold herself (as many others will...) to a higher standard and expectation. Now her entire career and credibility will be riding on the validation of these results simply because of her press release and Facebook comments.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

www.yakimaherald.com...

Both Dr.Ketchum was interviewed for this as well as Dave Paulides. This may alieviate some of peoples jitters about her behavior.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
A highly interesting podcast with Professor Todd Disotell on Dr. Ketchums PR.

Disotell is professor of anthropology at New York University. His research interests are centered upon the theme of primate and human evolution, at all levels from the population to the supra-ordinal.

He gives her a fair shake, but at the end, there isn't much hope for the Ketchum study to be what she says it is. He answers many questions raised in this thread.

The interview is about 40 minutes and highly recommended.

Check it out:

Dr. Disotell Interview

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join