It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Bigfoot' DNA sequenced in upcoming genetics study

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
If this whole "angel DNA" thing is an actuality, then, once again, a so called "researcher" turns out to be a completely unreliable nutter doing more damage to the serious pursuit of a controversial fringe topic than if they'd come out as a nutter from the start.
*sigh*
Big news! Angel DNA! ... Bigfoot research is set back 50 years.

Pretty much sums it up right there, also as mentioned in my earlier post, the origin of the hair samples are questionable... not to mention they would have to be ripped out at the roots to obtain usable dna from what I recall.
I believe the whole 'hybrid' theory is a huge reach and would require a number of generations of cross-breeding to outrun the whole dilution and absorption process as mentioned, ...and where is this 'unknown hominid ' now? Did it die off after successfully creating the new and improved hybrid specie?
edit on 26-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Caver78

yes its right here>>>>www.youtube.com... he's on the first hour befor the main guest
edit on 26-11-2012 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caver78
reply to post by nv4711

You seem like a good guy, but digging and ripping into Dr.Ketchum is pointless as 4 other labs also collaborated in testing. For me to agree with you, I'd have to be convinced as many as ten other people had no idea what they were doing, or looking at, and agreed to perpetuate a hoax. That they all did this knowing they would be ripped apartby the world media.

You may not like the way this was handled, you may not ''approve'' of the way it was released however there is no reason for saying the science isn't there. Until we see it no one knows. I am encouraged another geneticist who does know apparently, what that press release said, has no problems with what's been released to date.

Matter of factly that's exactly where this stands.

Hey Caver....yeah, I am a good guy

See, it's not about whether or not I approve of something, but whether or not the claims make any sense and, yes, how credible the source of such an extraordinary claim is.

Paulides is not an independent source and he's an ex-cop and not a scientist. Besides, he has more than one dog in this race.

I'm not sure who you are referring to as "another geneticist", do you mean Igor Burtsev?
Burtsev is not a scientist either, in any field, let alone Genetics. He runs the russian "International Center for Hominology" which sounds very important and official, but is the same as Erich von Daeniken running an "International Center for Ancient Aliens". According to their web site, Burtsev was "a candidate of historical sciences", whatever that means. Hence, whatever he says has no weight either.

You say that 4 other labs came to the same conclusions (and yes, I read that too). Why does Ketchum not name those labs? It would surely raise the credibility of her statements, but she doesn't.

You say yourself, "until we see it, no one knows". True enough, thing is, I doubt we'll ever see anything beyond the press release except for more unsubstantiated claims.

And that is, to use your words, "exactly where this stands".

Cheers
NV

edit on 26-11-2012 by nv4711 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evildead
The man in this video makes the connection between Bigfoot and the Nephilim, kinda.

That's Michael Merchant, and I seriously doubt he meant that as anything other than sarcasm.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
While Dr. Ketchum may well be a real authority on DNA testing what I find most likely is that she has uncovered the DNA sequence of Orangutans.
There is no way on earth we could find multilple hair samples of such a creature but never find any identifiable bones.
Somebody has pulled a fast one.

Well here you go. This guy says he knows where the remains are of two of them.

Have at it ATS !

edit on 26-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Gemwolf,

With all due respect, I'd have to disagree with your assessment. I have done a heck of a lot of "off-trail" hiking in my lifetime....typically around the Rockies, UP of Michigan, and in the Ozarks. I have seen dozens of animal skeletons in my time. Sometimes they are intact and rotting. Other times they are scattered by other animals scavenging on them. Sometimes its just bones.

However, remember that we are talking about a SASQUATCH here.... This is an animal that is alleged to be 7-9 feet in height. A veritable giant. I *guarantee* that if someone were to come upon bones for something of that size, you'd take notice and maybe even collect them. Yes, there are bears of that size....but it would seem to me that the skeleton of a bear would be very obviously different from a "sasquatch" that allegedly stands upright. I would think that even the most unsophisticated person would be able to tell the difference between the two. Also consider that even in a very remote location, you are more likely to have an experienced hiker who would know what animals might be found in the area and how to recognize them.

So, logically...lack of a skeleton/body is relevant to this discussion.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Yep, and the part most likely to remain intact - a skull has yet to be found. We can find skulls of things from millions of years ago but not one of an animal who is supposedly still out there in the wilderness. The biggest thing "out there" are some people's claims and imaginations. Not a statement to win me friends in this thread but I call it like I see it.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That show was 5 years ago and nobody has dug up the bodies yet?

Art Bell is not the most reliable source but sure is fun to listen to.
Bubbatainment! Tm.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Of course I agree. But it is something to dig up in the light of new info I think. Bubbatainment.

Pardon the active pun..

edit on 26-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
see man I like that, you discredit the bull# stories and talk of a theory that really to me is the most possible, I believe in bigfoot, i dont think its a human ancestor, nor an alien being, I see bigfoot as simply being, they are nature, and the forests, and the last uncorrupted species, I would love to see one, but i would also be scared of what would happen to it if they ever were "discovered".

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
First Bigfoot DNA Peer Review Results are In-- But, Not as Expected

This was just posted on "Bigfoot lunch club", seems the word is getting out. See what the learned ones have to say!

here:www.bigfootlunchclub.com...

And finally we got an email from Tyler A. Kokjohn, Ph.D., Professor of Microbiology atMidwestern University.

It seems that we may have to wait for definitive information on the sequences. Clearly, many people are quite interested in the outcome and it is a bit frustrating to be teased...Please note that these questions can be answered without compromising the research paper now under peer review. Since the scientists elected to communicate with the public, they should be willing to offer clarifications and answer questions.
edit on 26-11-2012 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

As a fellow scientist myself, I'd love to know why any legitimate scientist would dare to offer a press release before their data/paper has been independently validated. As many have already mentioned, that can only bring criticism and doubt to your work.

You can bet that Dr. Ketchum's entire career and credibility are now riding on validation of her press release. And if SHE didn't personally release this information....who did?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Caver78

For those of us who read the entire article (and actually have taken a genetics class in university or two). The "Dr" who conducted the study says this (verbatim):

“Genetically, the Sasquatch are a human hybrid with unambiguously modern human maternal ancestry. Government at all levels must recognize them as an indigenous people and immediately protect their human and Constitutional rights against those who would see in their physical and cultural differences a ‘license’ to hunt, trap, or kill them.”

If that sounds like the words of anyone who should be respected or taken seriously as a scientist, then you're an idiot....

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

this article by Roberta Estes, a geneticist.
dna-explained.com...

I gather you've been ''Ketchum Hater'' for quite awhile now, don't mistake her, for the idiots who previously surrounded her.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Caver78

If she believes in Bigfoot, and purports herself to be any sort of veterinarian (as she is, not a geneticist) then she most certainly is a flying moronic looney. As a veterinarian would she not know that animals need food, leave droppings, need shelter and leave behind f-cking skeletons when they die. To answer your question I've never heard of her before, and if she's the type of "scientist" you know by name and reputation, well, it says alot about you. Stay in school.
edit on 26/11/12 by DangerMcBacon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerMcBacon

Who sh1t in your cereal? Just because someone has a differing opinion than yourself you talk down to them and act as though you are somehow superior? It seems like this is happening a lot now on ATS, if you don't agree with what is "mainstream" than you are ridiculed and called crazy. This should be a place where alternative ideas and concepts can be openly discussed without ridicule. I know the motto is deny ignorance, it would be nice to see healthy skepticism not belittling.

edit on 11/26/12 by VikingWarlord because: spelling

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by VikingWarlord

The motto should be DEFINE IGNORANCE, it's what people who believe in silly nonsense such as you, do. I believe in many things that should be discussed, things such as Big Foot should only be discussed among pre-pubescent 12 year olds in between trading comic books. If you believe in Big Foot, you have the mind of a child.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerMcBacon

What did I say I believe in? I said alternative ideas should be discussed without ridicule and belittling. This is apparently a concept that you clearly cannot grasp. You are spewing nothing but verbal diarrhea from your mouth and it clearly shows that you have no respect for anyone else.

edit on 11/26/12 by VikingWarlord because: uneeded content

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Some Of the Dr.'s other published works....so...they let flakes work on the world trade center? It seems like some of you don't know as much as you think you do. Done, reviewed, published.

...and you couldn't dig this up on your own? But had no problem digging up the garbage spouted by amature skeptics in bigfootery? Feel free to find another thread to troll on.

233 - NCSTL
Aug 22, 2010 – ... Bulbin Sunar-Reeder, Elen Ortenberg, Melba Ketchum, ... Identification of World Trade Center Victims • 63(3) Theoretical ... 1261 International Congress Series 24 • April/2004 • www.sciencedirect.com... /science? ...
www.ncstl.org/search/.../878E8EFCF92477D7B54F714030C39C4E?...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I've been following this research for a little more than a year. Many of you can probably catch up at bigfootforums.com.

Bigfoot is real (I've seen it my self) and it hasn't been found by most (our government is aware of them) because they are at least as intelligent as us, if not more. Could you find a family of super green berets with the gifts bf had if they didn't want to be?

I'll finish up later....

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join