It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Being Politically Correct Cause Psychological Damage and Mental Retardation?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Could Being Politically Correct Cause Psychological Damage and Mental Retardation?

Or does psychological damage and mental retardation cause political correctness?

It's a chicken and the egg question...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
"Could Being Politically Correct Cause Psychological Damage and Mental Retardation?"

No but it is a symptom

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

i could provide a link to him saying it but i cannot view the video before posting it ... so, search it if you wish, it's out there and i'm not posting that which i currently, cannot view first.

I did, it doesn't exist. So stop spreading lies.

I'm not wasting my time with trolls.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

I seriously doubt that Obama called anyone a cracker and I am no Obama fan.
Until I hear or see it for myself, I'll say its BS

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Trustfund, what is your background and what is the culture like where you live?

Ah, I'd rather not say.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund

Originally posted by darkbake

Trustfund, what is your background and what is the culture like where you live?

Ah, I'd rather not say.

aww, come on man, theres no harm in saying, Ill go first.
Im anglo of German descent but I have bit of Native American in me as well. Ive lived in Texas all my life and I am very patriotic to the country that we used to have.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund
reply to post by Honor93

i could provide a link to him saying it but i cannot view the video before posting it ... so, search it if you wish, it's out there and i'm not posting that which i currently, cannot view first.

I did, it doesn't exist. So stop spreading lies.

I'm not wasting my time with trolls.

you couldn't have or you would have found something.
if i'm such a troll, why are you stalking me from thread to thread, day to day ?

as usual, those with NO argument resort to name-calling ... carry on.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Being politically correct can be likened to MOB behaviour.........
We know its wrong to smash and loot or hang some different kind of person......
But the frenzyied mob reenforces its own insanity....till normally normal peaceful people scream for blood and hold the rope.....
The herd stampeed of cattle.......very similar to mob violence or behaviour......could just be bullying or other.....
Very often this behaviour in cattle is triggered by ONE cow.......
I have sometimes wondered if there are parasites of a mental nature which trigger these scenarios to feast on the emotional power that is released......
or even humans may do so as well.....called a power trip......

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
When someone makes a TRUE or FACTUAL STATEMENT or an ACCURATE observation based IN REALITY via THE FACTS or based upon RATIONAL, LOGICAL REASON and it happens to “offend” someone, that feeling of being “offended” is that person’s own Personal Issue that “they” have to deal with.

edit on 11/23/2012 by JamesTheScribe because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I think people who serve in government should refrain from making discriminatory statements. Really, so should the media. Anyone who considers themself to be seriously involved in making America better or working in a public job should be very careful about what they say.

When you represent a district, or a state, and not just yourself, one must practice restraint in public speech.

The term is "political correctness."

It doesn't really apply to buddies hanging out having some beers.

People should work to honestly view everyone else with respect as equals. Government should act with this goal in mind.

But we also should but tolerant of all other opinions, by the same virtue.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
political correctness is nothing more than mass brainwashing plain and simple.The best way to prevent people from forming opinions that differ from the governments`s is for the government to tell people what to think.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Yes, becauses it causes Stress.

Definition Of Stress:
The Confusion Created When One's Mind Overrides The Body's Desire To slap The Living $--t Out Of Some Idiot Who Desperately Needs It.

Read my signature

edit on 23-11-2012 by RedmoonMWC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I say what I want and am loud as the biggest mouth you can think of and IDGAF what anybody thinks, and if they break bad with me, they're in for a run for their money.
Maybe that's why my kids are so smart?
edit on 23-11-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling & Spaces

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Reply to post by Trustfund

Yep.

The ones who are angry about being PC are the ones who cannot give you an example of how it interferes with their everyday life.

They are slackjawed honkies who want to run at the lip about ni**er this and Ni**er that. To intrude upon how they were taught to think and speak is upsetting to them.
-Dam slackjawed, honkie bastards

J/K everyone

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Yep.

The ones who are angry about being PC are the ones who cannot give you an example of how it interferes with their everyday life.

They are slackjawed honkies who want to run at the lip about ni**er this and Ni**er that. To intrude upon how they were taught to think and speak is upsetting to them.

J/K everyone

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

No, im not mad that I cant say what I want because I do it anyway.

So does my husband.....

It has nothing to do with hate/bigotry or what other label some one wants to put on it, it has to do with personal choice/opinion.

Freedom of speech and expression.

But as many of our rights are slowly being taken away, so is the right to speak our mind.
Now if we are not "politically correct" then we're labeled a bad name. Go figure.....

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Yep.

J/K everyone

I don't think of that word.....of course, only dark skin people are allowed to say that. It's in all the rap songs just about.

What I'm irked about is the banning of common words, such as when a high school voted "NO" to call their football team Cougars because it's a term relating to older women, hence why it's politically incorrect. Stupid IMO...

Here is a list of a few words that they are trying to "ban" per nations schools.....

The word “dinosaur” made the hit list because dinosaurs suggest evolution which creationists might not like. “Halloween” is targeted because it suggests paganism;
a “birthday” might not be happy to all because it isn’t celebrated by Jehovah’s Witnesses.
“Republican” is banned because it is associated with “dissent” and “obstruction”, according to Department of Education sources.
Words that suggest wealth are excluded because they could make kids jealous. “Poverty” is also on the forbidden list.
“In a throwback to “Footloose,” the word “dancing” is also taboo.
However, there is good news for kids that like “ballet”: The city made an exception for this form of dance.
Also banned are references to “divorce” and “disease,” because kids taking the tests may have relatives who split from spouses or are ill.

Some students think banning these words from periodic assessment tests is ridiculous. Those students have been expelled from their schools.

weeklyworldnews.com...

There is a whole list of words on this site that is banned near the bottom of the page.

People have gone crazy with PC any more.

And it has nothing to do with the hate words that you are referring too.
These are every day words that most of us don't even realize are on the list.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
George Carlin On Politically Correct Language

R.I.P. George Carlin, my Hero.....

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I'm a conservative nonpartisan (used to be Republican, now I am nonpartisan but lean libertarian). My wife and her family are staunch Republicans. We live in the bay area of California and lemme tell you, we hold our tongues and keep to ourselves on all opinions because we KNOW that the liberals around us are intolerant bigots. I actually love saying what's on my mind and don't mind offending people but I sure keep to myself here more than when I lived in Sacramento.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

I don't think of that word.....of course, only dark skin people are allowed to say that. It's in all the rap songs just about.

Well you kind of have to look at historical context here.....

Here is a list of a few words that they are trying to "ban" per nations schools.....

Did you see the source? World Net Daily? The home of the bat boy and other famously made up stories.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join