Could Being Politically Correct Cause Psychological Damage and Mental Retardation?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by spinalremain
Reply to post by Trustfund

Yep.

The ones who are angry about being PC are the ones who cannot give you an example of how it interferes with their everyday life.

They are slackjawed honkies who want to run at the lip about ni**er this and Ni**er that. To intrude upon how they were taught to think and speak is upsetting to them.
-Dam slackjawed, honkie bastards

J/K everyone

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

A white person having an encounter with a black person, an issue, has been trained to put everything in as mild of turms as they can.....so as not to offend and incur wrath. Wrath like "Oh hell no! I know youre not talking to me". Blacks very often will take advantage of this position.

I know of a case of late where a black guy that sould have been fired and taken to court droped the race card against the aggrieved white party. It involved thieft and the plundering of an account. Higher ups caved in to the race bomb and forced the aggrieved party to do the same. Higher ups also bought the aggrieved party a replacement item but of lesser quality but there was no return of funds to the account....an account that had been rasied by the aggrieved. Not only did the aggrieved party not get their 18,000$ from the account back but the idem stolen was worth 25,000$ replaced with a 10,000$ item.

The higher ups in this case were the black mayor of a large city. Much of the city "leadership" is black with some lackey whites, who must be so, working so close to blacks in a power structure.

This is what political correctness looks like in the real world. A total "slack" of justice due to a damaged view of justice as it has been skewed by modern race thought in america. Go ahead and steal from whitey....we will cover youre ass.
edit on 24-11-2012 by Logarock because: n
That's a mighty broad brush that you're painting black people with there, Ace.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
How can being politically correct lead to metal retardation? Anything less is a mentality of being a sociopathic.

Allowing rape to occur because its involved with freedom of speech that is associated with racism just so a group of economic sociopaths can make money from such a process where jobs are created along many lines just to fill the stomachs of few junk humans who do not want such correctness to occur.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

I had not seen that first video.

Politically correctness, in an attempt to become unbiased has itself become biased.

“At this point it is becoming increasingly difficult to engage in any form of public dialogue without offending someone’s sensitivities, whether right, left or center.”

How is it not biased to refuse the placing of a nativity scene?

Opps your cross offends me, yet the offended finds Christians intolerant?

It's a set up, silence the opposition, beat them into submission then fill their heads with your own doctrine, restructure their society, while at the same time you were a unwilling/unknowing participant in a diabolical social experiment.

Most people go along with the program because they really don't like looking like a bad person,

Like I always say, the pendulum will swing back. and the PC crowd is going to find themselves worse off than before.

No one is either right or wrong we are just, differently logical,

So that solves the whole problem of political correctness,
www.politicallyincorrect.me.uk...

So in a sense yes PCness has made us stupider, brainwashed.

edit on 103030p://bSaturday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dryson

Anything less is a mentality of being a sociopathic.

What do you have against sociopaths?

The correct terminology is, Antisocial Personality Disorder

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'll take the negative.

Originally posted by darkbake
To start with, let me say that being politically correct means fitting in with your surrounding politically saturated environment.

Sorry... you can't redefine the term. What it means is conforming your language to not offend anyone. In other words, tolerating differences.

Me: That's a great question Brando - I'm wondering if it is just me personally. I find that when I am hanging out with someone I am always afraid to open up with them because I think they might find it offensive.

But what if you learned a way to say what you're thinking without using terms that others find offensive. There are a lot of terms that people of all stripes find offensive -- but my ultra-conservative cousin and ultra-liberal me have some good political discussions because we're not slinging around the same terms Rush Limbaugh uses.

I studied in Germany and Ireland and found people to be so much more straightforward with their opinions.

They expressed them differently. Believe me, there's a lot of social and verbal taboos there, too.

It's taboos that make our societies work.

I don't know if anyone else out there has noticed this, but liberals are very totalitarian when it comes to forcing people to have one view, and one only - theirs.

I wish you could experience what my Black friends experienced during the days of the Civil Rights protests. You would find that Conservatives tend to enforce the status quo more strongly.

I think you're taking a very narrow view of political correctness. It doesn't mean "don't discuss this" -- it means "discuss it like a grownup and leave off the insulting terms." It also means "recognize that nobody likes being called names."

....like saying that political correctness causes mental retardation.

That sort of statement suggests that you haven't read much about what retardation is (a condition that appears before adulthood) or the benefits of becoming more adaptable and tolerant (which has a lot of advantages as you age)

Try something new -- learn to discuss sensitive issues in the way that YOU would want them framed if you were on the other side. That sort of empathy and viewpoint learning does the world a lot of good.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Any idiot can express their views. Most do. The capacity to monitor and adjust oneself - relative to the specifics concerning social congeniality within a given situation - is a much more sophisticated requirement, forcing the brain-mind cooperative to be extremely precise and dynamically responsive. This being the case, being "politically correct" (in other words, socially adept) actually strengthens the brain's immediate flexibility, as well as its dynamic detection-response relationship with the mind.

So, no, being politically correct can't cause psychological damage or mental retardation. In fact, the inability for someone to be "politically correct" - regardless of the immediate and long term negative impact of that inability - is an indication of psychological damage and/or mental retardation. Or at least social retardation. Children are often the freest from suffering political correctness, and that should be a clue for any adult that fears the mental impact of correcting one's impulses when they are in public.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

You have it backwards, being politically correct is caused by psychological damage and mental retardation. But I do agree with you otherwise. Most liberals seem to have slight mental retardation. The vocal ones anyway...met plenty of ones who were just normal misguided people

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It just occurred to me, it still is what it is, no matter how you soften the terminology.

I remember when my kids were in school my daughter hated it when the other girls called her Barbie,

I always told my kids that they are going to find some reason to insult you, you are to tall, to skinny, to fat, make fun of your name your age, your religion.

whatever

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I had a discussion about this sensitive subject a while ago with some West Indian & Sikh friends of mine. I was curioius as to just how "offended" they were by certain words/phrases etc. It was explained to me in no uncertain terms that they were quite capable of deciding whether someone is being offensive or nasty to them or not by usage of certain words and that all the political correctedness in the world didn't make a blind bit of difference if someone wanted to be unpleasant they were. Most of them said that ramming a politically correct agenda down people's throats was actually causing more discrimnation/racism that it was ever helping!

I was also told that more often than not when these people are "offended" in reality they're not...they just feel and believe they should be so they are. My Sikh friends told me they had never had any problems whatsoever where I live and they believed that was because they integrated learned the language worked for a living and had a sense of humour!

Life's too short to worry about whether a blackboard should be an insult!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
...being politically correct can't cause psychological damage or mental retardation. In fact, the inability for someone to be "politically correct" - regardless of the immediate and long term negative impact of that inability - is an indication of psychological damage and/or mental retardation. Or at least social retardation. Children are often the freest from suffering political correctness, and that should be a clue for any adult that fears the mental impact of correcting one's impulses when they are in public.
Since you mention children, I was raised in an immigrant household that eschewed the stereotypes and bias at a time when such talk was rampant in society. Consideration for others was important. I passed that along to my kids, and to my delight they are colour blind and gay positive. Anything else IS psychologically damaged and and...well, 'mental retardation' carries its own stigma, but you get my drift.

Are there limits to PC (in itself a pejorative)? Of course there are, which is why this thread is moving so briskly. A friend of mine died of ALS, and at his funeral one well-meaning soul referred to when he became 'differently abled'. No...he got sick and died.

And for the life of me, I don't know why 'oriental' is off the acceptable list.

But the upshot is, you don't have to be Canadian to lead with your good manners, eh?

Quick edit to add...my ex once appealed to our Jewish dentist not to be 'so hymie with the percocet.' A little PC would have gone a long way - instead, no percs, no dentist.
edit on 24-11-2012 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
For me, I'm not sure just what a person could say that would truly offend me. This is not to say that people will say things that I totally disagree with, and may even have me view them as ignorant douches, but offend me…I think not.

So is the problem about people speaking or those that are listening? It seems everyone is on the edge always waiting for something to offend them… correction…waiting is the wrong word…WANTING someone to offend them, so that they can react emotionally. It’s almost like a drug for people to feel their emotions, negative emotions.

There has never been a time that so little said creates so much emotional reaction and this is the true problem here.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
“Evolutionary pressure no longer favors intellect”

Try this one and see if it fits in the picture somewhere.
www.digitaljournal.com...

www.alternet.org...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I think most people get offend if it hits a nerve.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
i agree we are so afraid of offending anybody ..... sad , sorry if this post offended anybody

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
" Political correctness is the intellectual colonialism
of Psychological Fascism for the creation of thought crime "

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I think most people get offend if it hits a nerve.

Maybe this was true one day in the past, but how do you explain the exponential sensitively in a time when society has increasingly become more and more desensitized from the internet.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dryson
How can being politically correct lead to metal retardation? Anything less is a mentality of being a sociopathic.

From my experience, being politically correct has grown into something else - having no intelligent conversation or meaningful connections with people.

Also, being told what to say is quite different than understanding why you say it. The latter requires freedom of speech.
edit on 24-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
There has never been a time that so little said creates so much emotional reaction and this is the true problem here.

That's part of what I'm talking about - relationships and conversations are being reduced to nothing, and being afraid of offending someone is just going to keep people from opening up to each other even more than they already are.

Also, I don't think that political correctness is about being polite - I think it is about control.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

You have it backwards, being politically correct is caused by psychological damage and mental retardation.

I definitely think that there could be somewhat of a cycle going on here. I just want to be able to go out into the world and have an intellectual conversation with someone and have real friends... that's my main goal here. If people are forced to be fake, or worse, aren't allowed to develop to the point where they know their own views and why they have them, it keeps everyone from this.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Children are often the freest from suffering political correctness, and that should be a clue for any adult that fears the mental impact of correcting one's impulses when they are in public.

Ah, but children are able to learn much faster than adults and have been historically regarded as innocent in the past.

As for the rest of what you said, it sounds like you were allowed to develop your politically correct views in a natural manner, which I applaud. However, I don't think it is healthy to force a certain viewpoint on people. As a matter of fact, that is absolutely ridiculous.

exclusive video

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join