It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel vs Gaza - Are the Hamas Rockets really the cause of the IDF actions?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommandoJoe
Oh sure, they were "democratically elected" because they used intimidation, fear, and violence to win... They would shoot their political opponents in the legs and throw them off the roof of the nearest building. People can say the are the legitimate government of Gaza all you want, but at the end of the day they are simply terrorists.

Of course. I was replying to someone who was insisting that Hamas were not the legitimate rulers of Gaza, therefore, Israel targetting them was against the rules of engagement.

I get what your saying, i never stated otherwise. I know Hamas bullies, intimidates, coerces and more. But, as far as Israel and the world is concerned, they are the legitimate rulers of Gaza. Therefore, Israel is in their right to attack them, as Hamas has specifically stated in their charter their main reason for being is the extermination of Israel, and the restoration of a Palestinian state. They even went so far as to declare war against Israel at their very birth, writing it directly into their charter.
edit on 16-11-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hououinkyouma

Why do you think Hamas is launching attacks against Israel? Could it be that Palestinians are still a tad bit enraged after 700,000 of their people were displaced in '48? Or how about the concentration camp around Gaza? You expect these people not to fight back when their living in some of the worse conditions in the world? Seriously?

I'm guessing you believe Gaza is a paradise, and they have giant lavish malls and fully stocked grocery stores.

If Gaza is a paradise, why does Europe constantly send aid ships to Gaza containing water and food? But most importantly, why does Israel stop these aid ships?

If Israel thinks it can win this war on terror by starving out and shelling the crap out of the Palestinians, they're only going to get more rockets coming their way from Gaza.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

Maybe we need to look at history here for a minute...Jerusalem is originally the Jewish holy land formily known as the land of Canaan but also inhabited by a defacto group of marauding Egyptians known as the Philistines. The name Palistine comes from this name referring to this group of people that resided on the land near or on Gaza, that is debatable. The Israelites guided by the pillar of smoke were led to Jerusalem by "God" were they set up their holy temples and laid out their society after finally seeking a truce with the Philistines. It should be noted that the Philistines were not muslim but rather believed in a reptile aquatic type god. There has never been an official Palestine ever..period. It should be remembered that Judaism and the establishment of Jerusalem as a Jewish city predates Islam significantly. In fact Jerusalem is not even mentioned in the Quran nor did Mohammed ever even step foot there. The mysticism that finally led to Islam claiming Jerusalem as one of their holy cities came later much later. The Israelites lived in this region for hundreds of years before being first subjugated and murdered by the Romans, then later by the invading Muslims who successfully tore down their holy temples and built thier own holy temples on top of there ruins. Fast forward to it becoming a territory of Great Britain which GB gifted back to the Jews in response to the genocide they endured during the Holocaust of WWII. Israel doesn't prevent people of Islamic faith from visiting thier holy sites but they do respectfully defend that it should be named Israel which was originally historically thier land to begin with. I personally think that this is a case of the muslims being on the wrong side of history here. Palestine never formally existed and the people in which it gets its name from in antiquity weren't Islamic. They can live in peace if and only if they can agree that they both see this land as holy and respect one anothers faith. This of course cannot happen because Islam will never back down until prophesy is fulfilled.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Israeli Mossad has been found even in the 70s and 80s to instigate
few rocket attacks onto Israel just so they have excuse to continue
long term plan of Palestinian extermination and Israeli border expansion.

Google Lavon Affair, Mossad is THE KING of false flag type scenarios.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
I'm guessing you believe Gaza is a paradise, and they have giant lavish malls and fully stocked grocery stores.

Yes they do, do a search for the pictures

why does Europe constantly send aid ships to Gaza containing water and food?

It makes the bleeding hearts in Europe feel like they are actually doing something, without changing anything

But most importantly, why does Israel stop these aid ships?

Funny, Any ship approaching any country is checked by customs as well, but you apparently agree with that. Also the Hamas terrorists have been known to smuggle guns etc. on the ships. Of course you also ignore that those "aid" ships are free to dock at a Israeli or Egyptian port....

they're only going to get more rockets coming their way from Gaza.

And if you think the Hamas terrorists will be able to destroy Israel like the Hamas Charter states, well you are wrong.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

So Hamas is sending ships from Europe disguised as Aid Ships to resupply themselves?

Anyway, moving forward.

Funny, Any ship approaching any country is checked by customs as well, but you apparently agree with that. Also the Hamas terrorists have been known to smuggle guns etc. on the ships. Of course you also ignore that those "aid" ships are free to dock at a Israeli or Egyptian port....

If those Aid ships were docked at an Israeli port, what makes you think that those supplies would ever reach Gaza?

www.bbc.co.uk...

And if you think Gaza is a paradise, simply, google the word "gaza" in google images.

What's funny is your reason for the aid ships is so bleeding hearts can feel better about themselves. What a joke. These aid ships are full of food, water, medicine and other supplies, all of which cost MONEY. Not only that, most of these ships don't even reach Gaza.

So yeah, these bleeding hearts just love wasting an obscene amount of money to make themselves feel better.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

These aid ships are full of food, water, medicine and other supplies,

And those "other supplies" are rockets - which they are now using to attack Israel, guns, ammunition explosives etc.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

reply to post by hououinkyouma

Why do you think Hamas is launching attacks against Israel? Could it be that Palestinians are still a tad bit enraged after 700,000 of their people were displaced in '48? Or how about the concentration camp around Gaza? You expect these people not to fight back when their living in some of the worse conditions in the world? Seriously?

Read Hamas' Charter, then you'll know.

But most importantly, why does Israel stop these aid ships?

Israel only stops the ships that refuse to come to their ports or Egypt's ports first so they can be inspected.

If Israel thinks it can win this war on terror by starving out and shelling the crap out of the Palestinians, they're only going to get more rockets coming their way from Gaza.

The terror in Gaza won't end until Hamas is sent packing. Hamas holds the Arabs in Gaza as hostages for the free aid that they're living off of. Funny thing is, the other Arab states know better than to give them aid because they know what they're doing. Most of the aid (in the form of money) to the Palestinians in Gaza actually comes from Israel and the U.S.

I was listening to the radio last night and someone was talking about all of the fake photos and footage that's coming out of Gaza right now. A few instances...

- Video of a man near the border acting injured. Had six people carrying him off. When they thought video cameras were out of range, they put the man down and he walked merrily off.

- Video of men carrying a coffin when they accidentally dropped it. Live man that fell out of coffin got up, hopped back into the coffin and they continued on.

- Some of the photos being posted online of injured and dead children in Gaza are being recognized by journalists as photos that were actually taken in Syria a month ago.

And on it goes....

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BrieBird

Well said. But you do know you will be attacked on here by those that are blinded by their own bigotry and anti semitic ideologies. I personally agree with you. Shalom.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Some interesting facts:

From 2001 to 2008 according to BBC, there have been 28 total deaths caused by hamas rockets.

Comparatively, in about ten years of fighting, the IDF killed 6617 palestinians.

In 2010, a fire in mount carmel, Israel, killed 44 Israelis, the Palestinians actually let them use one of their fire engines.

conclusion: They should be spending more money on fire engines than iron domes, and the retaliation of thousands of more deaths to relatively few caused by rocket attacks only enrages the rest of the world.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Everyone needs to see this situation for what it is which is Israel combating terrorism. The current anti-semitism throughout the world media is alarming and in ,my opinion is equivalent to symbolic genocide. Why are we sticking up for an extreme Islamic terrorist group with its sharia law, female genital mutalation, racism, hatred for the west and call to completely destroy Israel by all means necesssary instead of supporting Israels right to live in peace in their Holy Land. Its not logical thinking. The worldwide Zionist conspiracy that is so widely believed is misleading people to betray their better judgement. Stop the madness you are being manipulated there is no Zionist conspiracy!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Since when the numbers should be compared? It`s all lives and Israel don`t hide behind civilians like the cowards of Hamas.

What if your mom was the one of the victims? You would still think that they should not react?
Death toll should not be compared, they are all individuals.
edit on 17-11-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma

Since when the numbers should be compared? It`s all lives and Israel don`t hide behind civilians like the cowards of Hamas.

What if your mom was the one of the victims? You would still think that they should not react?

"Since when the numbers should be compared."

That sentence makes no sense.
edit on 17-11-2012 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Well, then tell me what you did not understand? But I don`t expect you to answer anyway.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by HumanObserver

And everyone forgetting Israel created Hamas, and probably still control Hamas.

What??!!

Hamas is an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood and the Muslim Brotherhood started in Egypt in 1928!

hell no, Israelis created Hamaz, but for some reason Israel has lost it,s grip on hamaz, BTW Americans created Al-Qaida, when . . . ? during the world war 2, to stop Russians in Asia,

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
so what i get from the OP is that israel should just allow hamas to fire the rockets into their country, because retaliation is the real evil....just an amazing thought process. if it was me i would have sent in the army along time ago.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I have no affiliation to both Hamas or Israel so at the end of the day I dont really care. But, the fact is Hamas fires rockets into Israel and Israel fires Missles into Gaza. Both are wrong either way. If you say that Israel massacres innocent Palestinians and at the same time say Hamas is just "protecting there land by killing Israelis" your talking out of both sides of your mouth.

You cant have it both ways. Cease fires have been happening between them for decades but someone ends up breaking that cease fire and they both blame each other. It doesn't really matter. Oh, I guess its OK that Hamas fires 500+ rockets into Israel becuz they have a Missle shield that can destroy 90% of the rockets that are fired. What about the other 50 that make it over. Is that OK??

The hate and blatant attacks on both sides, in this thread and between Israel and Hamas is sickening.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
so what i get from the OP is that israel should just allow hamas to fire the rockets into their country, because retaliation is the real evil....just an amazing thought process. if it was me i would have sent in the army along time ago.

Unfortunately some people hold Israel to a different standard than other countries faced with a similar threat.

I wonder, what is a proportionate, acceptable response to thousands of missiles fired on civilians, when the perpetrators are hiding among their own civilians?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolNamesWereTaken

Show me a source for that.

If you do some research you'll see that every Al Qaeda leader started out in the Muslim Brotherhood too, along with Hamas.

edit on 17-11-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
I have no affiliation to both Hamas or Israel so at the end of the day I dont really care. But, the fact is Hamas fires rockets into Israel and Israel fires Missles into Gaza. Both are wrong either way. If you say that Israel massacres innocent Palestinians and at the same time say Hamas is just "protecting there land by killing Israelis" your talking out of both sides of your mouth.

You cant have it both ways. Cease fires have been happening between them for decades but someone ends up breaking that cease fire and they both blame each other. It doesn't really matter. Oh, I guess its OK that Hamas fires 500+ rockets into Israel becuz they have a Missle shield that can destroy 90% of the rockets that are fired. What about the other 50 that make it over. Is that OK??

The hate and blatant attacks on both sides, in this thread and between Israel and Hamas is sickening.

I think you just managed to warrant your own response moot through the process of elimination!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join