It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas says now in 'open war' with Israel, promises 'gates of hell'

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
reply to post by thePharaoh

There is nothing noble about bloodshed. It is high time the radicals take responsibility for their actions and quit using the West and Israel as a scapegoat. If the Arab world spent half as much energy focusing on the improvement of their own societies then they could achieve a prosperous coexistence with the rest if the world. The fact of the matter is, the rest of us are infidels that deserve death in the radicals eyes. And, while they are allowed to be in power, the end result will always be the same.

"the west and isreal"...again you say them in the same breath....the programming runs deep

also..those radicals you like so much.....the ones you have pictured in your head...they are pakistanis and afghans....egypt is not radical....many americans holiday there , many, many, many.

dude i will agree with you...on one condition....tell me you dont regularly watch fox news!

edit on 15-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

The Pakistanis and Afghans that you got in your head were radicalized by Saudi wahabi/salafi ideology and Saudi petro dollars. Look at what Afghanistan was like before the Soviet war, it was more liberal than Turkey today.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Are you talking about Israeli advances made under the guise of the ceasefire ?

Are you saying the Arabs were deep in Israeli territory when the ceasefire went into effect?
Are you saying that the Arabs were winning when the ceasefire began?
Are you saying that the Arabs did not fire any weapons after October 22nd?
The first ceasefire was never really a ceasefire for actual purposes, the second one was. Largely because the Arabs were beaten, knew it and it was in their best interests to abide by it.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Lol, no brother, I don't accept mainstream media as a viable news source. I do my best, like the rest of us to find little pieces of truth through alternative means. I pray for peace, and hope all parties involved take responsibility to heart.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Oh, I know full well how the bible was made and from what. I have discussed this with the worlds probably biggest expert on the matter, scientifically, a person who spent 30 years studying its history. A person that learned ancient languages for it. And I will tell you this, while it is somewhat historically accurate, it is in good part allegoric, in other part stolen history of neighbouring peoples, and in yet another part, complete fakery.

The new testament is a compilation of teksts chosen to backup a desired image of Christ as a passive, non-aggressive character to be a role-model for the ever-dividing Roman empire. Who he really was might have nothing to do with it.

As I said, I wouldn't base my political judgment on any book, let alone one written so long ago.

P.S. 99.5% you say? Really? Rofl.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

edit on 15-11-2012 by badnickname because: Double post removed

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by butcherguy

I am pretty sure the Arabs bombed Israel during the Statehood celebration in 1948 .
Yes.
Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Syria and Lebanon decided to invade the country that they surrounded.
And Israel ended up possessing land that they did not have before that war. A decisive loss for Israel in the opinion of many ATS members.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by ken10

Are you talking about Israeli advances made under the guise of the ceasefire ?

Are you saying the Arabs were deep in Israeli territory when the ceasefire went into effect?
Are you saying that the Arabs were winning when the ceasefire began?
Are you saying that the Arabs did not fire any weapons after October 22nd?
The first ceasefire was never really a ceasefire for actual purposes, the second one was. Largely because the Arabs were beaten, knew it and it was in their best interests to abide by it.

I'm only remembering what was said in a programme about the war, I may not be 100% right on all, but I distinctly remember Israel being criticised for strategic manouvres under ceasefire.

And it was because of Egypts equalness to Israel that led to the Camp David accords.....as I recall.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
reply to post by bottleslingguy

I wish I knew. The enemy hides like a coward behind many false fronts. We as a people seem incapable of collectively doing the right thing. Unfortunately, we are never proactive, but reactive which is always too late. I wonder, will it take a global catastrophe to unite mankind?

but you are saying we have to be proactive without saying what we should do. what is the right thing you mentioned? collectively doing the right thing, has that ever been accomplished? can we ever collectively agree on anything?

a global catastrophe would shut down communications and people would be isolated and probably develop their own ways and philosophies as they have in the past. chances are they wouldn't all agree once they eventually contacted each other like a Columbus2.0 anyway. Unless that is something happens to everyone at the same time and it strikes a chord among them to the same degree of conviction that everyone has the capacity to "do the right thing", but it leaves an infrastructure so people aren't subjected to survival instincts and emotionally have room for a new self-realization.

I hope aliens come down and provides us with our own special technological device that protects us and the people around us while allowing us to be self sufficient and free from the need for collective survival instincts. Maybe something like our own ufos that give us the ability to move around the solar system? It could end war and suffering around the globe overnight.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by badnickname

I am sure that your expert has his prejudices . Science has been the enemy of God but they just can't explain the sourse of life since the descovery of DNA .

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanObserver
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Jews are elite soldiers with elite technology with plenty of money. Therefore israel wins hands down.

Well for a start if Israel is so rich, why do they depend on american taxpayers money that spent on weapons, and those elite soldiers you speak of, are trained by the British and Americans.

And i admire your confidence, but if it escalates with other Arab states then with out American military support, Israel don't stand a chance, Israel is playing a dangerous game right now, that could very well backfire with deadly consequences.

And lets face it, Obama not the greatest fan of the current Israeli administration, and reluctantly made comments concerning the issue

I support israel but conditionally. Israel tends to over-react, that is their main problem. They also do not want to officially accept a palestinian state.

As for obama, I am not sure what he wants. One day he helps the muslim brotherhood gain control of once secular muslim nations and the next day he never criticizes israel. It is almost like he wants the best of both worlds which leads to ww3. Why does he not pressure israel and hamas to reach some agreement? Why not put sanctions on israel, except he puts them only on iran.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rightwing

do you think everyone "getting on the same page" can be accomplished through violence and murder?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
One idea to consider:

Iran might have provided Fajjr rockets to Hamas just so they can test the Iron Dome. That is a priceless piece of information to gain for Iran, one well worth a contained conflict in Gaza, like this one has been so far.

A ground invasion would change the story a bit, but I doubt Bibi will gladly suffer consequences of a high-casualty guerilla war inside Gaza, right before the elections. So I would bet nothing will come of this.

A shoulder measuring, so to say.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Both sides maneuvered during the initial UN ceasefire. The Syrians and Egyptians fell back as the Israelis advanced. Both were firing while they did their strategic moves.
The Camp David Accords were a benefit to both Egypt and Israel.... War is expensive and it sucks. As far as things being even, I believe that Israel ceded land won in the previous wars back to Egypt in the Camp David Agreement. It seems that each time the Arabs attacked Israel, the Israelis took some of their country for their trouble.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

The answer to all of our collective problems must begin with people taking responsibility for our actions. Through compassion and tolerance we could accomplish great things as a people. Until, we stop allowing the deceptive and evil seats of power then all is for naught. It will only be through resistance and battle against these malicious forces that peace will be won. It's an abstract road to walk upon, hard to clearly visualize the enemy. But he is here to see, just have to open our eyes.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I agree, good perception by you. I think Israel has considered this as well.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
in case you got me wrong...this is why im peeved

netanyahu has been campaiging for a war with iran all year

now obama has won the election...obama wont fight that war the way netanyahu would like

what does netanyahu do

start a war he doesnt need obama in

the consistant factor is....netanyahu wants a war before elections....its a shame thats the way he wins,,,he gets kudos for every arab he kills

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

I am sure that your expert has his prejudices . Science has been the enemy of God but they just can't explain the sourse of life since the descovery of DNA .

Hehe, if he has prejudices, its only pro-relligion. He is a monk.

Science has not been the enemy of God ever. It has been the enemy of the Papal authority, making the church look ridicilous as it is forced to change dogma over and over again.
Please, lets try and stick to the topic here.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Maybe true, and yet, even his opposition is lining up in support of his actions

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I tend to side with Israel on this.
They are correct, no other nation on earth would sit by and let a small slither of land on its border lob rockets willy nilly at its cities.
If Tasmania started lobbing rockets at Melbourne, how long do you think it would last?
If Cuba started lobbing rockets at Florida, how long would it last?

Yes, Israel are putting harsh and inhumane treatment onto the Gaza people, but its a chicken and the egg scenario.
Who started what first was so long ago it doesnt matter now, its like an argument that has no answer.

Isreal have shown restraint, they have accepted peace terms and sat by, sure 1 rocket here, 1 rocket there they let it pass but now and then they need to take the gloves of and pound them.

I think the onus is on Gaza to stop the rockets and show Israel it can be peaceful and focus on industry and prosperity. Maybe then Israel will lighten its blockade?

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join