It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas says now in 'open war' with Israel, promises 'gates of hell'

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
reply to post by thePharaoh

Maybe true, and yet, even his opposition is lining up in support of his actions

vested interest

isnt that the only logical answer?

any lawyer could win palastines case in court....yet they support the rich boy

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Yes, I have to agree. The only logical answer is its a popular opinion to attack Gaza. However, I do think Israel is justified. They must protect their citizens. If the residents of Gaza want consideration, Hamas must be destroyed...I only wish they would not allow themselves to be represented by Hamas. Perhaps it is that they fear them, and do not have the strength to stand up to them. It is sad that collateral damage occurs.
edit on 15-11-2012 by lambs to lions because: Sp

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

I tend to side with Israel on this.

is that unconditional...

They are correct, no other nation on earth would sit by and let a small slither of land on its border lob rockets willy nilly at its cities.

i agree with the logic

but if i tell you....that land is palastines, occupied by a foreign force.....
then in your logic....what nation would let their land be occupied by an aggressive force

Yes, Israel are putting harsh and inhumane treatment onto the Gaza people, but its a chicken and the egg scenario.
Who started what first was so long ago it doesnt matter now, its like an argument that has no answer.

thats the point in the propaganda....so we cant see whos at fault

they slipped up when they said 100s of rockets have been landing a week before the airstrike

Isreal have shown restraint, they have accepted peace terms and sat by, sure 1 rocket here, 1 rocket there they let it pass but now and then they need to take the gloves of and pound them.

yes isreal has been making great progress...the way they behave is respected by the neighbour states, which is why they do business with them

but the propaganda used to start this war is offensive..

I think the onus is on Gaza to stop the rockets and show Israel it can be peaceful and focus on industry and prosperity. Maybe then Israel will lighten its blockade?

i used to think that

then ask your self why they refuse to choose their borders.....do they intend to land grab?
imagine the middle east without irans army.......zion is only a short tank ride away

edit on 15-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
If Israel indeed indiscriminately shot the place up with missiles as you describe, we would be seeing Palestinian casualty figures in the thousands, considering how densely populated Gaza is. Care to explain why we are seeing the opposite? The fact that they only killed 10-20 people (most of whom are militants), shows how surgical those strikes actually are.

And whom are these casualty figures coming from? I'll wait till there is a real tally.

Lets not forget how US celebrated and beat its chest about getting Bin Laden. The Hamas militant that was killed was responsible for lots of bloodshed, and many are happy to see him gone.

Actually, most American's didn't "celebrate and beat their chest". They asked "Where's the body? Where's the proof?". I don't care if they killed a Hamas "militant". I more care that innocent people and children are being killed.

You are not supposed to do anything, and it doesn't really matter to anyone involved in this conflict who you side with. Israel will do what it needs to do. How non-Israelies feel about it is not really important. Most people that so vehemently criticize Israel will forget about the whole thing one week later and move on to something else.

Actually... when my tax dollars are taken every single year, and given as aid to that nation... Illegally mind you (against the Symington Accord), then it should matter. Israel will not do "What it needs to do". Israel will do what it WANTS to do. How many UN resolutions have they broken in the last decade? Other nations have been bombed to hell for such actions. Maybe some will forget about Israel.. but I haven't.

Israel doesn't need your sympathy. It needs to ensure its own survival in the face of opposition that wants to eliminate it. Sympathy did not help the people killed in the Holocaust. Sympathy did not help the millions killed in genocides throughout Africa. If people want to ensure their survival and safety, they must not depend on the outside world's sympathy, and must take matters into their own hands. Screw sympathy and screw goodwill - action and power is the only thing that counts for anything in the world. Always has, always will.

Oh please. Israel doesn't need sympathy? Uhh... have you seen the ad campaigns that were running down in Florida in opposition to Obama? And I don't even want to touch this subject, but what the hell does the holocaust have to do with this? If the jews are so steaming mad over the holocaust, go bomb Germany. Palestine had nothing to do with it. And if "action and power" are the only thing that counts, then I assume you understand why the Palestinians fire rockets into Israel. Hell... action and power right? They need to ensure their survival as well. And lets be honest.. theirs is the only "survival" at risk.

Everytime they stepped up in the past, they lost significant land and had much higher casualties than Israel, mostly because of their incompetence. They have not proved themselves to be any better fighters than they were 40 years ago. Egypt and the Arab world will do absolutely nothing other than maybe shake their fists and rage for a bit - because they are primarily concerned about their own well being and territorial integrity.

Time will tell. I assume your comment about Egypt was in respect to the 6-days war. Where Israel destroyed the Egyptian air force in a preemptive strike.

Hell, a united warning might be all it takes. "Stop this nonsense or we WILL come for you".

OH NO! And what will happen when they come? A week later they will be running back with their tail between their legs? And since when is the Arab world been united. Saudis and Turkey have no interest in this conflict - they are playing their own proxy war in Syria. Egypt's economy is in shambles, and it needs to prove itself a stable and reliable government to get support from the West. Jordan is in bed with the US. Lebanon's military power is inconsequential.

And it all matters how far Israel takes this action. The Arab world aren't the only ones with a watchful eye over there.

For a person who seems to be against violent conflict, you sure do advocate having this thing escalate into something magnitude bigger than it is.

I'm most certainly not against violent conflict. It's just that in this scenario, I hope Israel gets its ass kicked.

Israel is as pragmatic as any other developed country. Before any action they weigh the direct consequences.

I'll leave it there, because I can't stop laughing at that. Especially your last line

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Bakc on topic. Sure is quite over there now. Ive checked all the major news outlets and the headlines and reports havent changed a bit for the last 5-6 hours. I guess even the folks fighting have to go to sleep LOL

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Are you done cheer leading for Israel? Hope so.

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever
Throw a stone? Yeah that must be a pretty huge f-cking stone if it made it all the way to Tel Aviv.

Your post is so biased and factually incorrect that it's a joke.

I'm certain that it is biased. Because I dislike Israel. But please, do enlighten me with your ra-ra Israel nonsense.

Israel takes more precautions to avoid collateral damage than any other country would if it's cities were being attacked with hunrdeds of missiles aimed at civilians. Not to mention, the cowardly enemy that Israel is up against is purposely hiding their weaponry and artillery in civilian locations, and everyone knows it.

Well... first off. Cite me any reference that proves Israel takes more precautions. Did they take precautions during Operation Cast Lead when they shot off White Phosphorus over a civilian city? Hmm.. Did they take precautions when 352 CHILDREN were killed? Did they take "extra special" precautions when they murdered that American citizen on the aid flotilla? Or how about when they bulldozed over that poor girl who was just protesting. Hmm?

As for the IDF message on twitter, don't misconstrue the truth to promote your BS. If you actually read the message, it was a warning to Hamas militants, not to the people of Gaza.

If anyone is promoting BS... its IDFSpokesperson on Twitter. Nothing but a propaganda mouthpiece for the IDF to try and justify this. If you don't see that then your completely blind.

People like you make me sick to my stomach. You spew venom based on distortions of the truth. Hamas terrorists are directly targeting Israeli civilians, and when Israel responds with the most restraint possible given the circumstances, you have the audacity to villify Israel.

Get some Pepto-Bismol then. Cause frankly I don't give a rats ass of your opinion of me. I don't believe I distorted the truth in any way in my post. Show me where I did. Go ahead. I'll wait. Israel responding with restraint is the biggest "venom" that is being spewed here. Palestinians don't deserve to be slaughtered because the IDF wants to play with their toys.

I don't know if you're a jew hater or an antisemite, but you're just plain ignorant as far as this situation is concerned.

Typical response from an Israeli apologist. Did I say anything in my post about jews? Or hating jews? The only person who is ignorant here is you. I don't know if your blind, or have your head so far up Israels a.... ah you know what
Never mind. You go on ahead and reply with the typical "OH MA GAWD YOUR AN ANTI-SEMITE!! YOU DONT TRUST ISRAEL!!! JEW HATER!! Guess what? Your Abe Foxman techniques don't work anymore. Peoples eyes are opened to the truth about Israel. And the world is growing tired of their BS every day.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I would beg to differ on Israel "accepting peace terms". They have continously demolished palestinian settlements and built their own illegal ones, even in the recent months.
They have invaded and killed peace activists on international aid ships attempting to deliver aid to Gaza, repeatedly.
They continue to jail people in tents, displaced from their own stolen land, without a minimum of humane living conditons.
They have been provoking and shelling Syria to help the rebbels advance against its regular army.
They have bombed people from drones, like Obama the peace prize winner is doing, without trial, without due proccess.
They have invaded other nations airspace and bombed their facilities in violation of international law (yes, I do know they bombed a supposed arms factory, but they have no right by any law and moral to do that, that is a clear act of war).

I wouldn't mention peace so lightly with Israel in the same sentence.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Another Gate of Hell much closer to home. Please examine/explore the facts at hand concerning the McAfee affair in Belize. Read all the articles within the news for the day to get a better idea of the 'situation' at hand. He claims the criminal components within the govt. hired a task force led by the coast guard with men in black with hoods over their farces attempted to assassinate him. A fellow American, a neighbor was assassinated instead and now they are attempting to put the blame on McAfee whos dogs were killed by the 'men in black' via a belizean coast guard operation led by the thugs in black garb, with masks. This doesn't make sense for no good reason.

There are 'many' foreign victims in Belize, especially Americans. Examine the commentary section for the McAfee excerpt for more details. This is urgent as his life is at stake and is currently on the run/in hiding from those who wish to take the 'law' into their own hands. This would be a disgrace to all Americans if this were to occur. It would encourage the criminal components within the govt. to repeat with no accountability/justice. Meanwhile the 'people' of Belize suffer as well. Please examine and contribute. Time is fleeting and McAfee, though not 'perfect' is left in the dark. Could/would you allow him to be assassinated without due course of law? He's innocent from what I could gather. Urgent.....time ticking!
edit on 15-11-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

The only people harmed over the fighting are going to be the civilians. Women, children, and the elderly. Israel is going to go into Gaza and tear the place up. When they get tired, they will leave and the people will have to rebuild until the next time Israel plans to invade an occupied land anyway. This is just stupid all the way around.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
tit for tat, over and over, revenge for a revenge...... living in the past they can't move into the future. I have a new suggestion for Gaza. Quit shooting yourselves in the foot. Can you say Counterproductive?
Alllll the millions and billions of dollars over the years that has gone to Gaza and the West Bank to Palestinian causes.... how much went to weapons? How Little went to clean water, good education, and maybe making their area of rule a model for attainment? A high standard of living? Instead, they keep themselves in barbaric conditions ( in part due to the Israeli embargoes) and give the citizenry misery. They hide behind women and children to fire their weapons then show outrage that innocent civilians are killed when its their own fault. Use the money better. Improve life there. Bide their time. They won't conquer Israel, but they want to be a thorn in their side..... wasting their own time and money and lives. Improve society! Turn your Cage into a nice Den! Help your people instead of just making them targets! Trying the same thing over and over, failing each time, is stupid. Bragging about shooting some missiles when the retaliation kills children. Hamas is a repressive failure.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well im the one who started this thread and i did copy a news headline, but i just wonder when Hamas is going to "unleash those gates of hell" because right now they are getting freaking shellacked like nobody's business. Maybe they have something up their sleeves, maybe they counted on their Iranian and Hezbollahn bretheren but those guys have done # except issue statements.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Well its on like neck bone! Open war is what Hamas is calling this now. Israel is preparing for Gaza ground invasion. What does Hezzbollah and Iran do? Syria? Does this just blow over? What about Egypt? They brokered the cease-fire and the top Hamas commander Israzel just assinated was a stout ally of the Muslim Brotherhood in Cairo.

rt.com...

My opinion is that Israel has every reason to be concerned with Iran, Syria and Egypt. They are simply taking initial steps in the long game to contravene and ramp up there activities against all 3. Thinks tactics and strategies with regard to those 3 Nations and everything Israel is doing and it makes a lot of sense right now. Especially when the US, Canada & Brittan are all backing the play.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

i`ll tell you what will happen

egypts prime minister will go there and meet the heads of hamas

there will be an airstrike

egypt will join the war

obama will be pressured left right and centre

netanyahu got what he wants

peace

BTW - the guy killed in the airstrike was just handed a copy of the peace deal by egypt....egypt are peevd lol

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
No comment on Belize?
Do you have any idea how many American and European investors are vested in BZ?
This is much closer to home.
It should be a priority.

Why no mention/concern?
You going to let McAfee as well as so many other Americans and European investors suffer this corruption?
It's only a 2 mile flight from Florida, on the southern border of Mexico.
I've only began to explain the issues though they do effect the US in more ways than one may imagine.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluemoonsine
No comment on Belize?
Do you have any idea how many American and European investors are vested in BZ?
This is much closer to home.
It should be a priority.

Why no mention/concern?
You going to let McAfee as well as so many other Americans and European investors suffer this corruption?
It's only a 2 mile flight from Florida, on the southern border of Mexico.
I've only began to explain the issues though they do effect the US in more ways than one may imagine.

No comment. You are so far off topic it is amazing you are still on the same planet. Do you know what off topic means in a thread. I suggest you look it up.

P

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I feel ya and agree to some extent. What we have witnessed throughout Israel's history of war is that it doesn't fight war like most Nations do nowadays. It fights war the way it once was and that is to lay waste to all. Conventional warfare in the modern age is something we as citizens of the world simply cannot stomach and understandably. But no matter what we do, Israel will wage war as it always has. It will hit at the heart of the people where it's enemies are weakest. It's vile but no one said war was fun and fair. It's completely uncaled for but it is how they have always waged war and always will.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Here ya go...from Egypt:

Soon after Israel launched its Pillar of Cloud counter-terror air offensive in Gaza, Hamas appealed to Cairo to open the Sinai crossings for access to their rocket arsenals. “We are going to war,” its leaders explained. The Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi was shortly due to issue a statement on the Israel operation.

He will probably laugh and kill any palestinians going into the Sinai. Egypt pays lip service to Gaza. Palestinians are just cannonfodder to them.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

why does noone hear the fact that
2 days ago
hamas and the rest of the world were in egypt to sign a peace treaty
isreal didnt turn up

which annoyed egypt

then the airstrike

and now the propaganda

isreal implicated egypt already

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Definitely ramping up the shelling or missiles or whatever they are doing.

Wonder if they will use WP again,then deny it,then say it's only being used as lighting.

edit on 15-11-2012 by canDarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Off topic, yes, on target, absolutely.
One's life hangs in the balance.
Many associated have already been unlawfully arrested, persecuted.
The situation in Israel has already been thoroughly discussed/debated.
What I am speaking of now is urgent and if not dealt with will have repercussions throughout the US from many angles. This is a test. Don't fail or much blood will follow.
You clearly don't understand.
Belize is a micro-cosm of this. You don't understand where this is going or how central american politics are in play.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join