It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas says now in 'open war' with Israel, promises 'gates of hell'

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by thePharaoh

But they got beaten in the past. Do you remember or no?

If russia and china get involved then different story. But so will the usa.

That brings ww3!

Russia and China will not get involved at all apart from the usual rhetoric. They have no business in this region.

Russia never came to help Egypt, Russia never came to help Syria and Russia will not come to help any ME country in any conflict.

israel just wants to establish it's final borders with the help of US and once that is completed israel will discard US.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Originally posted by butcherguy

The Soviets pulled Egypts butt out of the fire in 1973.

The Israelis had the Third Army surrounded when the hostilities ended.

russians hahhaaaaa laughable....they used to fly around and land without engaging once
mubaraks airforce took over
The President of Egypt in 1973 was Anwar Sadat (the guy that was assassinated for making peace with Israel).

The Arabs advanced early after their surprise attack, but after three days, the Israelis took back the lost ground. Then they advanced on Damascus and Cairo....within 25 miles of Damascus and 63 miles of Cairo. The Soviets had a merchant ship sunk in a naval battle and elements in their government were calling for military action. At the height of the Cold War, this was a pretty big deal... WWIII big. The US and the Soviets brokered a deal for an end to the hostilities through the UN.

If not for the Soviet threat of military intervention, Egypt and Syria would have likely fallen to Israel.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Because the Middle East has never shown the ability to stand toe to toe with the modern military West or its allies. Quit spouting your pathetic propaganda or submit something credible. You continue to engage in arguments with nothing but BS. If your precious Arab states did have any military leverage they wouldn't suicide bomb or commit terrorists act like cowardly cockroaches. Wake up to reality, they are a confused and unorganized group of backwards people that through their radical religious teachings have set their people's back centuries.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

thanx

i know sadat was president
but the head of the airforce was mubarak
who became sadats right hand man

mainly because he is unopinionated...sadat was arresting muslims all over egypt...he needed a quiet puppet

if sadat lived...mubarak would never of been president...circumstance....but they did like him...which is why it worked out
edit on 15-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

You said, "That is incorrect. Britain was there since 1917. Prior to that the Ottoman Empire occupied it for centuries."

I'm fine with that. Oh, except Britain lost it too the Germans several times I believe. Back and forth it went while Europe played their deadly games, the locals died!

In the end, Britain recovered what she had lost. The land was not the Empire's to do with as she pleased. Empires come and go, but truly, they are all the same!

P

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Do you have a proper quote on that? And if it said in the Quran that your home should belong to the French, and they kicked you out, would you agree with it? Would you give them your home?

The "Bible" was written 400 years after Jesus was alive, and by a vicious Roman government, I wouldn't base my judgment of politics on it, as much as I wouldn't on Quran.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

edit on 15-11-2012 by butcherguy because: Removed post due to quoting error.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions

Wake up to reality, they are a confused and unorganized group of backwards people that through their radical religious teachings have set their people's back centuries.

Do you know what the greatest miracle of prophet Muhammad was 1400 years ago?

It was making these Arabs accept Islam and providing them with an economical, political, social and military infrastructure that these Arabs lacked back than.

If you think Arabs are backward now because of Islam than you should read about what they were before Islam.

There are other Islamic nations like Turkey, Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia and they don't behave in such backward way. Both the creators of Nukes in India and Pakistan were Muslims.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Carter pulled isreals butt out of the fire

Perceptions, you say?

If an Israeli Army had been encircled and Arab armies were advancing on Jerusalem and Tel Aviv, your perception might have merit.
It was quite the opposite in reality.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Because the Middle East has never shown the ability to stand toe to toe with the modern military West or its allies. Quit spouting your pathetic propaganda or submit something credible.

my point exactly

is the ME fighting a war with the west....or with isreal ???????????????????????????????????????

You continue to engage in arguments with nothing but BS.

i was trying to enlighten.....are they?....you choose who has the noble pursuit
so the truth is BS...and propaganda is real.....ok.....i`l watch this movie...but will i end up like you?

If your precious Arab states

????....like everything else...you got me wrong

did have any military leverage they wouldn't suicide bomb or commit terrorists act like cowardly cockroaches.

why dont you go and tell a 17 yr old, who just lost his family and land....how to not be a coward...
suicide bombers??? palastinains are fighting occupation?? dont you get it

isrealis call them cowards and parasites....and you support this extreme view....go save your soul dude or someone will wipe their ass with it

Wake up to reality, they are a confused and unorganized group of backwards people that through their radical religious teachings have set their people's back centuries.

erm....TV has f`d you right up, hasnt it

that is the isreali propaganda im talking about

think that

its the era of social media...i think this time you will see that was pure bunk

edit on 15-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by forklift

And just what will happen in the next few years as America becomes the #1 producer of oil in the world? I'll tell you. The west will watch the Middle East deteriorate into a violent obscurity into the sand under their feet. What will be their excuse for all the violence once the west leaves them to their own devices????

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
Oh, except Britain lost it too the Germans several times I believe. Back and forth it went while Europe played their deadly games, the locals died!

WWII never reached British Mandate of Palestine. Britain stayed in pretty firm control throughout the war. In fact ever since 1917 Britain was more concerned about France and its colony in Lebanon-Syria, and a lot of geo-strategic divisions and borders were drawn up based on Britain-France face-off. It was never an open conflict, but more of a colonial game of sorts.

Originally posted by pheonix358
In the end, Britain recovered what she had lost. The land was not the Empire's to do with as she pleased. Empires come and go, but truly, they are all the same!

It is true that a lot of issues in the region are directly attributable to the seemingly random and not thought-out drawing on the new borders are the colonial powers were leaving (goes for much of Africa too). When drawing the borders they gave little thought to who lived where and what the ethnical make-up of the region was. The way Britain handled the splitting of Jerusalem was an abomination as well. Israel and Arabs had to pick up from there. No wonder the first war started on the very first day when Britain relinquished control. Both sides knew that the borders would could not remain the same.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

Exactly Israel do practice surgical, limited strikes on good intel.

Like them or loathe them, the last few wars they havent trashed the joint!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Carter pulled isreals butt out of the fire

Perceptions, you say?

If an Israeli Army had been encircled and Arab armies were advancing on Jerusalem and Tel Aviv, your perception might have merit.
It was quite the opposite in reality.

Are you talking about Israeli advances made under the guise of the ceasefire ?

There was a programme on the bbc called 20th century battlefields and episode 6 dealt with the Yom Kippur war.

Anyway the final analysis was that Egypt probably gained the most from the war.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

There is nothing noble about bloodshed. It is high time the radicals take responsibility for their actions and quit using the West and Israel as a scapegoat. If the Arab world spent half as much energy focusing on the improvement of their own societies then they could achieve a prosperous coexistence with the rest if the world. The fact of the matter is, the rest of us are infidels that deserve death in the radicals eyes. And, while they are allowed to be in power, the end result will always be the same.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

And just what will happen in the next few years as America becomes the #1 producer of oil in the world? I'll tell you. The west will watch the Middle East deteriorate into a violent obscurity into the sand under their feet. What will be their excuse for all the violence once the west leaves them to their own devices????

There won't be any excuse for violence because once the oil producing Arab nations run out of their natural resources, they will eventually become more poor than Somalia and will be scavenging for food. But that's not the point. US backs the Saudis, Qataris and Kuwaitis from where the violence and extremist ideologies originate so the real problem lies there.
edit on 15-11-2012 by forklift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by badnickname

The Bible was compiled from the Tora and Hebrew and Greek scripture written from thousands of years before Jesus through time of the Apostles .The New Testament was from the writtings of the Apostles and when Rome aquired it there were other seperate manuscripts around the area that the Apostles traveled that was 99.5 percent in agreement with the copy that the Catholics had . The New Testament was not acontaminated version that the Catholic church had .The Bible is as valid as it gets .
The Quran was written before any of these settlers of Israel or their great ,great ,great grandfathers ever lived . For them it is Law and they are abliged to abide by it . Then there is the fact that the Jews bought a great portion of the land they first had assigned to them in 1948 .

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by forklift

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

But they got beaten in the past. Do you remember or no?

If russia and china get involved then different story. But so will the usa.

That brings ww3!

Russia and China will not get involved at all apart from the usual rhetoric. They have no business in this region.

Russia never came to help Egypt, Russia never came to help Syria and Russia will not come to help any ME country in any conflict.

israel just wants to establish it's final borders with the help of US and once that is completed israel will discard US.

I am not so sure about that. Nato(usa, britain, france) have pushed quite a bit into russian and chinnese territory with all kinds of pretenses backed by false flag operations, such as 9-11 in america, 7-7 in britain and the train bombings in madrid. They pushed into georgia, into ukraine, poland, romania, etc.

America and israel are playing the dangerous game! Russia and china have shown great restraint, so I would not push my luck that far.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I am pretty sure the Arabs bombed Israel during the Statehood celebration in 1948 .

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Possibly, but responsibility for action must be assumed by all parties involved. Not just the west.

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join