It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISREAL: "There May Be a Major Escalation Within Hours"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu convened foreign ambassadors in what appeared to be an attempt to pre-empt international censure should Israel, whose 2008-2009 Gaza offensive exacted a costly civilian toll, again go in hard.

Environment Minister Gilad Erdan, an influential member of Netanyahu's Likud party, said the briefing was meant to prepare world opinion for "what is about to happen," adding there might be a major Israeli escalation within a few hours. "Hamas bears responsibility. The heads of Hamas should pay the price and not sleep at night. I expect to see not just a return to targeted killings, but also to very wide activity by (the army)," he told Israel Radio.

Article
edit on 11/12/12 by davcwebb because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/12/12 by davcwebb because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Nov 13 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Netanyahu FEAR-mongering again, never gets old.

+30 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by davcwebb

Is there anyone in this world more scary than Netanyahu , the mans got a war to start and he doesn't care where he starts it

+27 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I think it is high time to quit funding Israel. It's not that I am anti-semetic, it's that I am anti-killing children.

You know, I've been in war, it's stupid and most weapons used in war don't care if there is an innocent in range when it goes off.

M.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Not that I don't believe your article here, but, things are heating up. I have never seen the new you linked us to before. Where is that out of?

www.usatoday.com...#

The "Red Alert" from Israel's Home Front Command warned people "to remain within 15 seconds" of a bomb shelter. She grabbed Hadar and ran to the bedroom of her three children, a safe room reinforced with concrete

Why does the western world have to be involved in this? Outside of the OP source being one sided, this text from USA Today is, too!

Ben-Oved, 33, and others here say such hostilities could possibly be avoided if Arab and Western states condemn strongly and sanction Hamas.The Gaza government is targeting civilians, families and children, in the recognized borders of Israel, she points out.

And then their is this, which I find horribly full of propaganda!

"Are Jewish lives less important than Palestinian lives? Where are the U.N. resolutions?" she asked heatedly.

All lives are important. None any more than another. "Freakin middle east needs to get it's act together, on all sides!

+39 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It is sad to see all the Israeli haters, Israel has a right to defend herself and has shown remarkable restraint through the years, Secondly Palestine has never existed, this is Israeli land from 1000's of years ago, not to mention the Biblical aspect that this land was given by God to Abraham, The hajji's believe it is also their holy place so what more do you expect. The muslims only respond and respect force, over whelming force. Weakness as Obama has demonstrated only fans the flames of hatred which has existed in that region for thousands of years. Let Israel handle them if they fall short, we can provide some shock an awe.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex

I dont think so to be honest... Another one of his cabinet members stated Gaza needs to be completely reformatted. While I know what reformatted means in computer lingo, the use of that term on a territory is overly broad and the impliucations severe. I am guessing the leadership of Hamas is going to be on the lit once again.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Let them blow themselves to pieces who cares? not me.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
We've heard this kind of rhetoric out of Israel many times.
Israel is trying to put the squeeze on Obama for something.
We'll probably never know what it is ...

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Is there anyone in this world more scary than Netanyahu , the mans got a war to start and he doesn't care where he starts it.

There sure is!! I can think of 3!!

Obama is 1!

The bromance brothers are 2 and 3!

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Israel has every right to defend itself. I just wish Israel had a better friend in the US. That way, more country's may think twice about attacking those there.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
It is sad to see all the Israeli haters, Israel has a right to defend herself and has shown remarkable restraint through the years, Secondly Palestine has never existed, this is Israeli land from 1000's of years ago, not to mention the Biblical aspect that this land was given by God to Abraham, The hajji's believe it is also their holy place so what more do you expect. The muslims only respond and respect force, over whelming force. Weakness as Obama has demonstrated only fans the flames of hatred which has existed in that region for thousands of years. Let Israel handle them if they fall short, we can provide some shock an awe.

According to my New Testament, Palestine sure did exist, even when Jesus was around by that book.

Nobody particularly hates, Israel. They just don't play nice, and share the sandbox with the other kids in the neighborhood.
edit on 12-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Is there anyone in this world more scary than Netanyahu , the mans got a war to start and he doesn't care where he starts it

He's a thug. A classic example of a mobster. Nothing more. He's no politician, he's a criminal. He practically jumped right off the page of a bad New York Mafia Novel.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

He's a thug. A classic example of a mobster. Nothing more. He's no politician, he's a criminal. He practically jumped right off the page of a bad New York Mafia Novel.

How dare you talk off topic about the thug-in-chief Obama that way!!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I dont think so to be honest... Another one of his cabinet members stated Gaza needs to be completely reformatted. While I know what reformatted means in computer lingo, the use of that term on a territory is overly broad and the impliucations severe. I am guessing the leadership of Hamas is going to be on the lit once again.

Well, we will have to wait and see I guess...Like I said, his tactics of fear mongering are getting freaking old. Either do something or shut the hell up.

+44 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

It is sad to see all the Israeli haters, Israel has a right to defend herself...

Says who?

and has shown remarkable restraint through the years,

Hardly. They are the most provocative nation in the region.

Secondly Palestine has never existed, this is Israeli land from 1000's of years ago, not to mention the Biblical aspect that this land was given by God to Abraham

Let's not to the "god" thing today. 1000's of years you say? Are you advocating that North America should be given back to the natives then?

Let Israel handle them if they fall short, we can provide some shock an awe.

I've got a better idea. If Israel is hellbent on their actions, let them do it and let the consequences fall as they will. Leave us out of it. Don't want to be their insurance policy anymore. Be a child with a tantrum and get spanked.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by PurpleVortex

To be HONEST .. i think so

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Israel has a right to defend herself...

Says who?

Says the fact that they are a soverign nation and recognized as such by the UN.
Not that anyone needs the UN to back them up .. but there it is.

and has shown remarkable restraint through the years,

Hardly. They are the most provocative nation in the region.

They are a nuclear power and haven't used it. Considering how they
are being poked at constantly ... with bombs continually killing their
civlians and rockets continually raining down upon that,
that's showing some pretty good restraint.

Netanyahu himself, on the other hand, is looking nuttier by the day.

edit on 11/12/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Netanyahu himself, on the other hand, is looking nuttier by the day.

No kidding. I've always wondered how long it would take for him to end up in a state of suspended animation like his predecessor:

www.ariel-sharon-life-story.com...

For those who say Palestine never existed, that is where Sharon was born!
edit on 12-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join