It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy To Get People To Work

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
It's no good having a go at citizens for corruptly claiming money, and living a bone idle life off a system funded by working people, when wealthy politicians and billionaire corps are doing exactly the same to the system, but taking far more out of it than benefit claimants EVER could.

Why is it ok for them to leech off a working man's sweat, but no-one else?

That is a really interesting post.

I am pretty sure such a dichotomy of opposites, inexplicable paradoxes and ironies, could be explained easily as a type of society wide psychological manipulation/programming.

It would seem to require a consistent and concentrated effort to numb ones awareness of who is really looting the system....the globalist elite aristocracy of nobility and moguls/tycoons.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I work for myself, by myself, mostly. Where is the conspiracy in that?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Basic SSI payout here is $650 a month.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Look, for the amount of trillions of dollars that have been wasted, stolen and shown up missing from government agencies and the cost of wars, I find it rather insulting that we are even considering that anyone doens;t have the right to apply for disabilities(SSI), good god, I mean do you really understand how much money has and is being used for corporate welfare? How many billions we give foreign countries as a form of stae department welfare? It is a mere drop in the bucket the money that gets spent for people on disability. You could put every family in a house and pay their health and life insurance for life and you would still be ahead.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Sounds to me like the Op is trying really hard to justify what he is doing(if it's actually true,still not sure) and is trying to get others to approve of what is oibviously a scumbag move. Yuor not a friend of the world,so therefore the "world" owes you a living? This world you talk about is not some abstract entity that you can choose to be friends with, it's real people,doing real work, who you are ripping off.

See,here's what you don't understand,and never will as long as you are a child(and yes,you are a child,no matter how old you are)-some people have self respect,and pride in what they do.They take care of themselves,and don't rely on others to give them the things they want but are too lazy to work for. Life is hard, no doubt about it, but smart and resourceful people will find a way to make it work for them. I started a new career at 33 years old,which was not much fun. I have 3 more years of school/work left in my apprenticeship,and then I can pretty much work anywhere I want. My job is hard,requires thought,concentration and skill, but at the end of the day I know I earned teh money I made, no one did it for me. I pay taxes and some of those taxes go to people on diability. I have no problem with that, as long as those people truly need it,and aren't just lazy leeches.

I don't know if your post was serious or you were trying to make a point with it, but if your telling the truth, I hope one day you mature and learn to be an asset to society instead of a leech. People who do what you do are every bit as bad as the "greedy rich" they are always maoning about. Worse actually,since many of those rich people actually did something constructive to earn that money.Hopefully,one day you can learn what that feels like.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I live in the US. I have a sister-in-law who is legitimately mentally ill with schizophrenia. She was on disability until she couldn't take feeling like a "leech" any longer, went off the system (then went off her meds) and now she's currently in a mental lockdown facility under involuntary commitment for a suicide attempt (her third hospitalization this year).

She, I think, is an example of someone who was trying their hardest not to take advantage of the system, but really ought to be using it to its fullest extent.

I, on the other hand, have OCD, crippling social anxiety (causing panic attacks), Compulsive Skin Picking, and depression. I couldn't finish college due to these factors (along with spending most of my early adult life taking care of my terminally ill mother), haven't been able to hold a steady job, and have been trying my hardest for years to earn money in small ways. Even my therapists don't feel that I'm ready to work even part-time again.

However, since I'm not "seriously" ill and haven't done something stupid like jumped off a cliff, I am not eligible for any assistance of any kind, though I really could use the help to pay for things like meds, counseling and all my trips to the doctor for the scratches I inflict on myself.

I WANT to take advantage of the system but I've been flat-out refused even the smallest help. I WANT to work, but if I have to pay out-of-pocket for my medication and my therapy and my everything-else, it makes it REALLY hard for me to be a functioning member of society.

I guess I just don't understand a system where one has to attempt suicide or murder before they get a helping hand. It boggles the mind.

edit on 8-11-2012 by writtenimage because: corrected spelling

edit on 8-11-2012 by writtenimage because: added some facts

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Have you ever seen the Lost Horizon (1937) - IMDb link. There are very cool bits on the movie that talk about the human condition ... Cool movie, one of those that you should watch before you die...

Another cool one is The Man Who Could Work Miracles (1936) @ youtube this one goes a bit deeper. The conundrum of absolute power under human limitations, the aspirations of the time still ring true today. This is the only complete copy I have found there is another one on the same site with better quality but lacks the complete ending. The bit that relates to the OP is that the society we have has developed some lock in cycles of needs/functions/jobs.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

You beat me to it.
We should feel sorry for people who genuinely can't cope because if they can't deal with life as it is now, in a real shtf scenario, they won't manage. Fantasies about the apocalypse are one thing, but when caseworkers etc have gone to bug out somewhere and left their Clients to fend for themselves, they'll be lost. It would be very difficult for someone who is isolated due to their difference to the mainstream to cope. For example, how far would they get from a disaster area? Many can't drive because of the meds. they take, so they'd be on foot. A 'benefit' claimant as a career option doesn't really cut the mustard.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by writtenimage

I think I may be in your boat.
Currently I am on Unemployment Insurance, my last job I got 'laid off' due to emotional anger outbursts, and job performance issues at my last job,
So I took advantage of my time off and utilized the system to get diagnosed with ADD.

I can't get my butt in gear, can't focus on job hunting, my confidence in the job world is shot to hell, I'm going to councelling, now I'm getting depressed and getting anxiety.
Sure, pull myself up from my bootstraps, ADD does not make it easy when you can't focus on a goal.

I am contemplating SSI (canada's version, whatever that is called) as a buffer in case my unemployment ins. runs out.
I feel like I am giving up.
Perhaps when I get some ADD meds, my outlook may change, but as now my disability feels like a lead blanket over my whole existence.
I have been fired from other jobs due to ADD, making mistakes, not following instruction (trouble sustaining attention), not working fast enough? (or is it being not into it?)
I quit jobs because I can't possibly do the job one more day.

How do I describe ADD to someone who doesn't have it?
I look normal, I behave normal (at first glance), I'm smart, but why is my future job prospects cleaning toilets and buffing floors?
Right now, I am lost, I can't get it together, I can't get anything done, am I going to lose it?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Who do you think funds the free ride you want people to go on? Also what happens when there isn't enough in SSI to cover everyone?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by Bilky
People have to work to set up that system. So only so many can claim retard status[I,m talking about the abusers] and it costs the state a fortune. If you had your way who would pay for you when every one is on benefits?

The way this guy looks at it they have to keep the crazy worker bees sedated with "fantastic benifits" or they may become a street army preaching insurection against the "mechine". Back in the good ol days they just took them out and tossed them over a cliff somewhere.

honestly I can't work out if you are having a go at me or the poster. Its simple, this person says why work when you can do nothing because its all a corrupt system and its horrible because work is a form of slavery. Ok fair enough I agree that full time work is a form of slavery believe me I do. but disabled welfare systems are the product of a cohesive civilisation that says to each other I don't want to see others suffer so I will pay taxes that contribute to a social welfare system so that I don't have to see others in my country begging on the street or god forbid dying on my doorstep. Taxes fund these safety nets. It might take 100 peoples taxes to fund a disabled pension just because of the sheer cost of these things, so if we all decide that we don't want to work we all go back to the middle ages where anyone with percieved defects was usually put out on the street to die because there will be no infrastructure left, where do they think it all comes from mid air? Welfare leeches are just that leeches, a parasitic organism drawing energy from the greater consensus. Who would'nt want to do nothing at the expense of others? But its a pipe dream because life is harsh and there aint no getting around that. I work and I am a slave but I am a slave with a car and all sorts of stuff and you know what? No one can tell me I didnt deserve those things because I work hard for it and its mine, I am beholding to no person. I am free conversly because I set my own destiny, I don't hold out my hand for my government mama to give me some pocket money.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I loved reading through all the varied opinions on this post, BUT, there is one thing not mentioned that RULES EVERYTHING. That is the value of the dollar and it's relation to the cost of goods, AND even more importantly, WHO influences THAT! - The Federal Reserve, via the Bank of England and Masons who sit on the Board of the Bank of England, are the ones who manipulate the value of the dollar, and it's value in relation to your spending.

So, therefore, the amount of work you perform, for the goods and services you receive, are ALL valued and based on the Masonic hierarchy going back to the Masons in England, and now International.

We are not born on this world to work, 8 hours per day, 5 days per week. This is not in the Ten Commandments, lol
We are born to be FREE, to prosper in our foods, health, our families, and our shelter and survival. ALL else, is in addition to, and a benefit of our existence here. In the course of many centuries, some people have found it beneficial (Masons) to organize humanity in the interest of Off world species, most likely, to keep us all enslaved, via the "Matrix" of our existence. We have in turn, through the centuries, been conditioned to believe we are supposed to put in our energy, into some organized "system" that we collectively work together to insure our "mutual survival". That is bullcrap!

What's happened is...we have been offered a system which appears to provide us with 'opportunities" to enrich ourselves, but in fact, every one of us that does that, "registers" with the new Roman authorities, for your "business", which is in fact your trade, your labor, your "energy". But now, you need a License to operate your "business" and this can be denied to you, so your life can now be denied to you, including your means of survival.
edit on 9-11-2012 by magickmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by magickmaster
I loved reading through all the varied opinions on this post, BUT, there is one thing not mentioned that RULES EVERYTHING. That is the value of the dollar and it's relation to the cost of goods, AND even more importantly, WHO influences THAT! - The Federal Reserve, via the Bank of England and Masons who sit on the Board of the Bank of England, are the ones who manipulate the value of the dollar, and it's value in relation to your spending.

So, therefore, the amount of work you perform, for the goods and services you receive, are ALL valued and based on the Masonic hierarchy going back to the Masons in England, and now International.

We are not born on this world to work, 8 hours per day, 5 days per week. This is not in the Ten Commandments, lol
We are born to be FREE, to prosper in our foods, health, our families, and our shelter and survival. ALL else, is in addition to, and a benefit of our existence here. In the course of many centuries, some people have found it beneficial (Masons) to organize humanity in the interest of Off world species, most likely, to keep us all enslaved, via the "Matrix" of our existence. We have in turn, through the centuries, been conditioned to believe we are supposed to put in our energy, into some organized "system" that we collectively work together to insure our "mutual survival". That is bullcrap!

Wow you have it all wrapped up I guess, oh except for a few minor details like with the lack of a monetary system you would not have construction standards so you would live in a cave or whatever you could string together and goods and services would be bartered so maybe you could get some stone tools from the local caveman but he might be bigger than you and he might club you to death and steal you wife and your children would become slaves.But you would be free so I guess it would be worth it.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by magickmaster

Wow you have it all wrapped up I guess, oh except for a few minor details like with the lack of a monetary system you would not have construction standards so you would live in a cave or whatever you could string together and goods and services would be bartered so maybe you could get some stone tools from the local caveman but he might be bigger than you and he might club you to death and steal you wife and your children would become slaves.But you would be free so I guess it would be worth it.

Okay, so let's allow the Masons to be the ones with the clubs, instead?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by magickmaster

So what would you suggest as an alternative? Pls don't mention communism or some other failed social system because lennon thought he was on the right track and he was signing death orders like they were parking tickets.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Why not aspire to greater deepths like being a psychopathic killer too?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Something I notice every time I read threads like this, is that for some reason some of you use these threads to brag about how great your jobs are and that you are hard workers, and like working, and have a great work ethic and blah, blah, blah.

Well, freakin, gall darn good for you!

We all want to do good, but we all know that some of you are WAY awesomer!
Great to know how upstanding thou art.

Thanks for letting us know how inferior some of us are, we really appreciate that!
Makes us feel way better!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I haven't seen anyone do that. I've seen lots of people who are proud of their work,or proud of the way they got where tehy are.Whats wrong with that? I think what they are saying is that having a defeatist attitude,or leeching off the system, is not the way to go. They are saying" I worked hard and perservered,and am now reaping benifits from that work". A good message, I think.

Lots of people are lazy. I think everyone here who's ever held a steady job has run into lazy co-workers. Often these are young people who are just out of school. Theyare being forced to go from of life of leisure to a life of labor. They've been taken care of,more or less, for all their lives and are now being forced to take care of themselves.Thats a big change, and I remember how it feels to realize that the easy life is over, I have to make my own way now. Some people adapt quickly,some slowly,and some never do, instead sulking that life is unfair and they shouldn't be asked to take care of themselves. What we are saying is that if you perservere and do what needs doing,even if it's hard and unpleasent, the reward is there and it brings a feeling of satisfaction to know you did it yourself.

Excuses abound,if that's what your looking for. Opportunity is out there too, if that's what your looking for. It's up to you.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

People have to work to set up that system. So only so many can claim retard status[I,m talking about the abusers] and it costs the state a fortune. If you had your way who would pay for you when every one is on benefits?

The way this guy looks at it they have to keep the crazy worker bees sedated with "fantastic benifits" or they may become a street army preaching insurection against the "mechine". Back in the good ol days they just took them out and tossed them over a cliff somewhere.

honestly I can't work out if you are having a go at me or the poster.

Just a little TIC there is all.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
Something I notice every time I read threads like this, is that for some reason some of you use these threads to brag about how great your jobs are and that you are hard workers, and like working, and have a great work ethic and blah, blah, blah.

Well, freakin, gall darn good for you!

We all want to do good, but we all know that some of you are WAY awesomer!
Great to know how upstanding thou art.

Thanks for letting us know how inferior some of us are, we really appreciate that!
Makes us feel way better!

Yea some do make it sound like the world is full of fruit trees, so full of fruit that the limbs are breaking under the strain and just waiting for someone to pick it all.

I worked for several diffrent firms in the same field. Most of the guys that ran them were type A get up and go, good at what they did and dedicated. One thing about them all is that they saw others in the same field as something to be destoyed. There was no "in field" respect for the other guy and it was worse for the up and comming.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join