It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy To Get People To Work

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I'm not really sure how to take your post....

That's not a life I would enjoy because I don't wish to suckle off of society and I don't wish everybody to believe me crazy.

I guess if you don't have enough pride and drive to want to contribute to the society you live in and would rather be labeled crazy and sit around on your butt while the state supports you then yeah, by all means be a sponge.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This is a Youtube video that explains the core arguments of the Unconditional Basic Income.

edit on 6-11-2012 by consolution because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Your post is exactly why this country is going to hell in a handbasket. If everyone done this where would the money come from ? It now comes from taxpayers that actually work for a living. You are a leech on society and should be treated as such. In my younger days if a man wouldnt work and support his family his neighbors would get together and whip his ass and continue to do so till he either went to work or moved on somewhere else. with any luck one of them mental paitients when you spend your five to seven days there will make you his girlfriend and show you how it feels to have it broke off in ya like you and your kind is doing to the taxpayers !

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mntnhooger

But why should anyone care about tax payers? Should they even be paying taxes? Or are they paying by will or because they are forced to? Tax payers have no self-respect, so I have no respect for tax payers.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
Two quick questions to answer in your head...

Are you gon' go to school and do all that hard school work, hoping it pays off, and just end up in a ton of debt with no decent paying jobs you'd qualify for in sight? Or are you gon' sit back and not work, and just let the SSI checks come with other sorts of spectacular benefits?

A lot of people go to school and have it pay off for them in a big way. Just look at all the big Wall Street and corporate guys. Most of them have Masters degrees. The first step to success is education but that in itself is not enough. You also have to be lucky and quite often be forced to act against the greater good.

There are many lines of work. If unsuccessful at one, try another.

Welfare and assistance should be used to get people back on their feet. It shouldn't be used by those who simply see it as an easier way. What you are contemplating is immoral and illegal from the point of view you express. However, the fact you are willing to cling to such a notion gives credence to the .idea that you truly need those benefits. So go for it., just don't expect anyone to do anything but look down on you.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
You tax payers fund wars. There is blood on your hands. And you wont stand up to big brother to stop having money go towards things you dislike or even hate. No self-respect I tell you. Tax payers have no self-respect.

If I am a leech, then you tax payers are murderers. Who is worst than who now?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

Are you gon' go to school and do all that hard school work, hoping it pays off, and just end up in a ton of debt with no decent paying jobs you'd qualify for in sight? Or are you gon' sit back and not work, and just let the SSI checks come with other sorts of spectacular benefits?

A lot of people go to school and have it pay off for them in a big way. Just look at all the big Wall Street and corporate guys. Most of them have Masters degrees. The first step to success is education but that in itself is not enough. You also have to be lucky and quite often be forced to act against the greater good.

There are many lines of work. If unsuccessful at one, try another.

Welfare and assistance should be used to get people back on their feet. It shouldn't be used by those who simply see it as an easier way. What you are contemplating is immoral and illegal from the point of view you express. However, the fact you are willing to cling to such a notion gives credence to the .idea that you truly need those benefits. So go for it., just don't expect anyone to do anything but look down on you.

Trust me, I have people looking up to me more than down on me. I don't go around telling everyone I meet that I got labeled paranoid s. I give no reason for people to look down on me. Only online on a message board can I find some that look down on me.

Did you know that if someone discriminates against me because of my label that I can have a law suit put against them? Like it's a violation of my civil rights still, you know? What a nice bonus for me though. I should wish the right person looks down on me and backs their view of me with their actions so I can get paid in a civil case against them.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
So you want to abuse a system that's in place to help mentally ill people who actually can't help themselves....
ok jackass. f off.

Did you know all you have to do is go to a crisis center (emergency psych ward), ensure you get diagnosed with some kind of a mental illness, then get sent to a psychiatric hospital for a stay of just 5-7 days, follow the follow up treatment plan once you're out of hospitalization with a request for them to assist you to get on SSI (Suplementary Security Income) benefits and foodstamps, and you are all set to get by in life for life? This does indeed mean you no longer HAVE TO work to get by. They'll set you up in an apartment, too, to live semi-independently or independently once you stay in a group home. You'll be set. Trust me on that!

It's not the "entitlement" system that's wrong.....it's the jackasses like you who abuse the system.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
so which family member of yours is on SSI that go you all in a twist ?
edit on 6-11-2012 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lagrimas

No wonder the Rothschilds want depopulation, lower classes aren't slaves like the middle class.

This made me think of the book 1984.
edit on 7-11-2012 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Except that it is dishonest and cheating the system isn't fair to those who have to pay into it. People who work jobs pay the taxes that pay for these services to work. All so that someone who doesn't want to work, who expects someone else to take care of them can mooch off of an already strained and breaking system.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Sure, places like this are always hiring. And they pay the absolute minimum they can get away with, because they know someone will eventually have to accept that pay. The problem is that this is how these large corporations put themselves in a position to control the proletariat. The problem lies in capitalism itself, in my opinion. I do not mind working at all, as people have had to work to support themselves since the beginning of time, whether it be at a job or out in the wild...Although then people were not enslaved to corporations. It is true however that there was no widespread system of human rights in place, although these rights were distributed to some degree among smaller areas, ie group justice.

There are many large businesses who pay their top executives so many millions of dollars per year in bonuses alone, and that is why they will continue to pay their employees the minimum that they can legally get away with, or maybe a little more depending on the job. Even those who have their degree in some particular field may eventually have to accept a job that results in them barely being able to support themselves, because with the competition for employment these big corporations and other large businesses realize that they do not have to pay a decent salary, since some desperate fool will have to accept the job.

So those of you saying "there are jobs at Mcdonalds," fail to realize that your mindset is part of the reason the system is perpetuating. I understand that there are not a lot of options for remedying this, and I understand where you are coming from, but I just think you need to realize the much larger impact your views and actions are having on the power struggle that exists between the haves and have nots.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

then leave the cities, don't ask for public money, support, or any form of aid. Live off the land, which no one will miss, since if they worked and bought it, it is their land.

So if you find some wilderness where you can hunt and gather, build your tree house, then yes. You cannot work.

You want things like financial aid, and education, food, medical assistance, ect. Then work, or die happy.

You don't get to make me work FOR YOU.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

now i know this has to be one of those college papers where you "experiment socially" on us, like that pencil d*ck who said he was evil and asked our opinions. so you going to tell us soon that this was just all part of a college survey, or are you really this pathetic? know whats funny is i DID go to school and get a degree, only to be stuck working in a call center because nobody is hiring in my field, me and all the other college grads answering your calls in, or filling your starbucks, or serving you your food etc. and i DO have enormous college loans. you think you got life figured out? yeah you probably do to be honest. if i could redo things i sometimes wish i never went to college, id be alot better in life today. but i think seeing you and how pathetic your excuse for a life is made me realize the pathetic existence i live is worth it. yeah i might have gone to school for nothing, sure i might work and live paycheck to paycheck (which i literally do) and yes my life might be dedicated to serve losers like yourself on a day to day basis. but id rather wake up with my life each morning than yours. because at least i tried, at least i did something, at least i have some degree of moral and concern and regard to life to care for others that i dont want to be a strain on society. but you, you care only for yourself, you amount to nothing, and you will live your life on the backs of others, and someday you will have to answer for it. someday when God asks you why He gave you a healthy working body and mind, what you did with it for others, and you will have nothing to say.

so enjoy OUR hard earned money, enjoy smoking your weed, and enjoy living your life for yourself, because id rather fail everyday with the knowledge i gave it my all, than to "succeed" each day, knowing i never did anything with my life, only strained others.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I really don't mind seeing taxes supporting people - the system is unfair enough, and not everyone is cut out to behave well with the mentality many people in positions of corporate power like to cloak themselves with either. They give so little in monthly dole handouts, and the corruption at the top is incredible - people make millions off doughnut machines, so no point being mad at the little guy who realizes it and makes it a point of protest.

Or stress those municipal virtues of punctuality, back-breaking work ethic and so forth. How about this. The next time you feel like giving someone a lecture about "laziness" - corporate corruption being what it is in the world today and all - provide them instead with the phone number of a really good employer, with a really decent job they can likely do, and forego your recriminations. I guarantee the world will get on that much better without the added bitterness.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
It is extremely difficult to get on SSI. It takes years unless you are a paraplegic or something major.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I like my job too much and I don't like to be told what to do and where to live. I'll pass on your advice. In my case, getting SSI would put a lid on me. I think I can do better than that.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by consolution

Conspiracy of work? Maybe. If you look into the history of industrialization people needed to be forced to work, they needed to be taught to work as it was and is not natural to play the cog wheel in the machinery for 8-12 hours a day. Therefore I am sometimes a little surprised how vigorously certain groups that I naturally symphatize with defend old concepts of work.

They also had to get the workers in debt. Debt drives work and takes the place of many of the reasons and energy spent on working in our agrarian days.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
Except that it is dishonest and cheating the system isn't fair to those who have to pay into it. People who work jobs pay the taxes that pay for these services to work. All so that someone who doesn't want to work, who expects someone else to take care of them can mooch off of an already strained and breaking system.

This is all true but no less so than all of the good middle class working folks that got shafted over the last 6 years by the big boys....and continue to day to day. Its easy to look down on the system scamers. Whats your good hard earned money worth in a savings account these days? Whats that almighty 401k really paying? Its not these scamers like op that are creating this reality for you.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by honested3

That escalated rather quickly....

I didn't go to college and chose to work. I really couldn't afford it.

I don't resent those that did. I don't think those that didn't are "losers" for not trying to. I think the whole schooling to find work is just dumb. You should get training to perform a task. And go to school to learn.

Big difference.

No one is better for doing what is expected of them to survive in a society. You CAN choose not to participate, but then you have to leave and make do with your choices.

It is like living in a tribe, steeling food, and refusing to do your part. You would be kicked out, shunned or whatever until you left. You would leave if you didn't like your tribe or the way they handled daily life.

You shouldn't get extra meat for bringing your fair share of meat. You shouldn't get extra leisure time for doing your fair share of work. If you do more, and the next day you have nothing to do, you can rest more. You hunt for extra meat, then you can have extra meat.

Think of it like a tribe.

You learn when your basic needs are met. You don't learn how to meet those basic needs, those are taught all your life, and you teach them all of yours.

I would say that basic skill sets should be available for people to be able to work, and be taught like was done always through apprenticeship. Then if you want higher learning, then it's on you.

Learn for the passion of learning, get skills for the purpose of working.

Nothing for free. No applause or special treatment for doing your job.

edit on 7-11-2012 by manykapao because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join