It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy To Get People To Work

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

There's this thing called self respect that you miss out in your opening post. I don't want to live on handouts from anyone. I go to work in order to feed my family and provide the things we need and want. My wife works also. We enjoy working!

I have never had an employment break since I left school and I've had loads of jobs. It took until I was 25 to get a job with real prospects and now at 32 I'm doing well for myself and my family. Why would I throw all of that away, take a pay cut, lose my house etc just to sit on my arse all day?

Get a job and stop being lazy 'taking advantage' of state benefit designed to help those who really need it.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavmas
We have a situation where wages are to low to live on. In 18th century UK a miner could have his wife at home baking cleaning and have 11 kids, and he would smoke a pipe and be able to have a few beers in the pub whilst his wife managed to put a few coppers by for a rainy day.
In the UK 2012 a man and a woman must both work and cant afford children and are one month a way from being made homeless, both wages are not enough to feed heat and just those 2 people, wage rises are at most 1-2% yet taxes rise and fuel goes up by Gas 19% and electricity 15% and food prices have risen by 38% this year.

In slave days in America a slave and his wife could work in the fields all day and come back to their hut/cabin and whilst the wife made dinner the husband sat outside having a smoke of his pipe, yes they were brutal times and the whip was used on any that did not obey the rules the master set.

In UK 2012 a wife and man can work all day and come home whilst the woman makes dinner the man waits but he cant afford to smoke, times are brutal and in 2012 if you do not obey the masters rules you are tazed, pepper sprayed and shackled.
We are all slave now and anyone that does not realize it will never realize it and for those of you that have children' they are not children but future slaves to take your place when you die, The retirement age in the uk is been raised to 70, check how many live to 70 its not as many as you think.

This is incredibly inacurate.
I work 30 hours a week as chef. I smoke. I drink every night.
I live in a very nice house.
I saved 1300 this year which I will be topped up by 500 pounds more when I recieve my x Mas bonus, which my hotel is on target for 100% this year because we work hard!!

If my gf moved in with me n shared my rooms rent (I share lovely house with 3 friends) I could afford a holiday or two aswel! But I like living without her under my feet.

This year I spent at least 400 pounds on clothes, the same on my gf at least.

I bought studio one, professional.

Payed for my phone contract.

I drink nice rioja!!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

The Conspiracy To Get People To Work

I'm not seeing the conspiracy I'm afraid

There is no "conspiracy" to get people to go to work......anyone can spend a life on benefits admittedly....but why would you want to?

I work to improve my standard of living for myself and my family, not because anyone has conspired to make me go to work, it's a personal choice....bum of the state and get by for the rest of your life.....or get of your arse, do something productive and make something of your life.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It's flabbergasting that you believe that money comes from nowhere.
It's worse that people who actually need those benefits have to fight for them and you think you have a right to waltz in, fake an illness and sit on your butt the rest of your life.
Just wow...
It's stuff like this that makes culling the population justified IMHO.
Too much "generation me".
There may not be jobs to go around but that doesn't mean you sit and let benefits take care of you. Find a way to take care of yourself.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Interesting timing on a current "news" segment hosted by a conservative non the less; they stated their is such a strain of childhood stress from MATH! Studies have proven that the anxiety can feel like actually burning of the skin. Children "tested" proved to show "symptoms" of this math anxiety as soon as second grade.

I guess TPTB need more control over the youth; and give them a reason to pass math without actually learning. I would assume that if your child "proved" to have said anxiety you could then deem them disabled. Just my opinion of course.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
God I hope you're not serious.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I see where you're coming from, OP. Hard work no longer guarantees success in this modern life.

However, I am uncomfortable with the idea of SSI. I technically qualify for it, since I have rheumatoid arthritis. However, my work ethic and pride tell me to leave it for others who need it so much more than I do.

Besides, it is not easy to get SSI. In fact, I have seen people turned down for SSI who were brain damaged and in a bed due to an accident. Social Security tends to turn down everybody at least once, which means that most people who get it have to hire an attorney, which gets expensive.

My husband day trades stocks, and we survive on the little bit that he squeezes out of it. We are taxed higher, because it is considered capital gains, and we have no insurance (health or life). We're treading a tightrope, but we're surviving.

There is no "sweet life" on SSI, unless you're living off of relatives, and they're the ones out there working, paying the rent / mortgage, utilities, etc. For every person you see living off Uncle Sugar's paycheck, there are several behind the scenes that have to go to work to make it possible for this person to do so without being on the street.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Just wow...
It's stuff like this that makes culling the population justified IMHO.
Too much "generation me".

Maybe that should be a requirement. You are able to work, but "mentally unstable" and want these entitlements.

“Very well…please step behind this curtain so we may sterilize you.”

That would make alot of moochers think twice, and those that still did it anyways, well society wouldn't have to deal with their prodigy.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Is it really too lazy to work?

Or is it really too smart to work?

Money isn't everthing so why bother to earn it when it can be freely provided to you?

As for me, I'm on SSI. I live in a group home. I will soon be living in an apartment semi-independently first before independently. I will apply and easily get foodstamps once I'm in the apartment assistants will kindly set me up in. I will always seek to stay taking advantage of SSI benefits. Because I followed up with the treatment plan I am provided with a case manager. A case manager is someone who takes care of business for you, makes sure you're all set and living just fine. I have as guardians both of my parents, too. Once I move to apartment status I will be having it made. Currently I do not like this group home I am at. I've livied in a better group home in the past.

And that's the scoop on me. You got to live real and tell real stories in life because that is what might help somebody else out.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
My wife had to take a pay cut back a few years ago. A cut good enough to feel. Anyway the store that she manages is doing better now as it did back before the "crisis". She works just as hard as ever.

The idea they used to cut her wages was that we were about to have very hard times. never happened.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Is it really too lazy to work?
Or is it really too smart to work?

It's too lazy to work mate.......definitely too lazy.

There is nothing "smart" about sitting round on your arse all day and bumming of the state.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
By the way...

I made it easy on myself and made sure I got diagnosed with what I wanted to get diagnosed with. Now I'm labeled paranoid shizophrenic. This is the one where you think people are after you. Not the one where you hear voices.

And I currenty only take one kind of medication orally which has yet to cause me side effects. In the past I've had meds which caused bad side effects. I got off of each of them. The psychiatrists take you off of meds that cause bad side effects. Remember that.

SSI FTW!!!

The reason I'm diagnosed is because my parents kept kicking me out of the house by having me sent to the crisis center. I'm actually sane but a little bit paranoid of my parents because of the stuff they used to usually do to me.

If I choose to work it'll only be for myself, and it'll be in showbusiness as something. Right now I'm just relaxing a lot and being a small time consumer. They call you a consumer when you live in a group home. My lap top gets free WI-FI at this group home. If it wasnt for free WI-FI I'd of had my parents get me a mobile hotspot so I can get internet access. See how smart and hip I am? It's about to be 2013, and I'm growing further into being a badass. lol.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavmas
We have a situation where wages are to low to live on. In 18th century UK a miner could have his wife at home baking cleaning and have 11 kids, and he would smoke a pipe and be able to have a few beers in the pub whilst his wife managed to put a few coppers by for a rainy day.
In the UK 2012 a man and a woman must both work and cant afford children and are one month a way from being made homeless, both wages are not enough to feed heat and just those 2 people, wage rises are at most 1-2% yet taxes rise and fuel goes up by Gas 19% and electricity 15% and food prices have risen by 38% this year.

In slave days in America a slave and his wife could work in the fields all day and come back to their hut/cabin and whilst the wife made dinner the husband sat outside having a smoke of his pipe, yes they were brutal times and the whip was used on any that did not obey the rules the master set.

In UK 2012 a wife and man can work all day and come home whilst the woman makes dinner the man waits but he cant afford to smoke, times are brutal and in 2012 if you do not obey the masters rules you are tazed, pepper sprayed and shackled.
We are all slave now and anyone that does not realize it will never realize it and for those of you that have children' they are not children but future slaves to take your place when you die, The retirement age in the uk is been raised to 70, check how many live to 70 its not as many as you think.

It was that way here. I remember when my dad had the job and we had all we needed plus he saved money. Most folks I knew had it that way.

Now a good workers wage is about what my dad made when he retired.....30 years ago. Now both husband and wife must work to have anything. I tried to get a dishwashing job for extra income. That job pays less than it did when I washed dishes 30 years ago. And yet gas alone is 3.50$ a gal were it was 35. cents 30 years ago.
edit on 6-11-2012 by Logarock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
By the way...

I made it easy on myself and made sure I got diagnosed with what I wanted to get diagnosed with. Now I'm labeled paranoid shizophrenic. This is the one where you think people are after you. Not the one where you hear voices.

. lol.

Man you blew it. The big money is in the one where you hear voices!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yep....definiately a troll.

Stop feeding the pathetic troll folks.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I used to work for mental health. If you're in a group home and have a caseworker, then perhaps you are where you're supposed to be.

However, if everybody did as you are doing, there would be no SS taxes feeding into the system you claim you're smart enough to use. No group home, no caseworkers, and no more free money from the gubmint.

There have to be people to be out there working, to prop up the system you're enjoying so freely.

I personally enjoy being an adult. To be stuck in a group home, with a caseworker, caregivers and guardians to tell me what to do and when to do it, how to spend my money, what I'm going to eat, etc., would be pure torture for me, and for many on this site. Because you find this a form of freedom, you most likely need the help. In a sense, you are a job creator. There are probably 4 -5 government employees that are working a low-paying, rather thankless job, requiring a degree, so that you can kick back and ride the gravy train to nowhere.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

you're typing from the psych ward right now aren't you?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
As someone who's suffered from severe mental illness most of his adult life I find this appalling and one of the most #ed things I've ever read on here, and that's saying something. It's no wonder that in the UK, people with mental and physical impairments are seeing physical assaults and discrimination on the increase and hate-fests in the media from politicians, the commentariat and their hoodwinked and angry followers.

Enjoy your scam, you #. Whilst its a scam to you, the rest of us are stuck with this 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and have to put up with the antagonism that people like you cause.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
As someone who's suffered from severe mental illness most of his adult life I find this appalling and one of the most #ed things I've ever read on here, and that's saying something. It's no wonder that in the UK, people with mental and physical impairments are seeing physical assaults and discrimination on the increase and hate-fests in the media from politicians, the commentariat and their hoodwinked and angry followers.

Enjoy your scam, you #. Whilst its a scam to you, the rest of us are stuck with this 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and have to put up with the antagonism that people like you cause.

Dont blame me, blame my parents for contually kicking me out of the house.

This is my pay back on life.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn

Dont blame me, blame my parents for contually kicking me out of the house.

This is my pay back on life.

How do you go from your parents kicking you out of the house to being mentally ill?

Did they have a reason to kick you out, because say, you were mentally ill?

Why don't you just wrap up a turd and send it to them in the mail, rather than take it out on everybody else?

Once you have an SMI diagnosis, it sticks with you the rest of your life, just in case you might want to reconsider some time down the road.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join