It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Amazing How Many Believe The Political Theater is Real...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
God I'm sick and tired of this crap about how voting is useless and its all a sham. And I'm sick and tired of everyone advocating that stupid George Carlin video. Heres the thing. I actually dont care if its the truth. You DONT GIVE ME ANY REASON WHY I SHOULD ACCEPT YOUR TRUTH. I mean what #ing alternative do you have? nothing.... you give none. I put a post not too long ago

www.abovetopsecret.com...

earnestly asking just what is it you people want and the turnout was such FAIL (not so much the quality of responses but the quantity) Carlin himself says he has no solution just "# hope" You and people like Carlin who you idolize just think its so important that everybody know that ....lets see... that life is a nothing but a snowall of pain, that they are all slaves and that anything they or anyone else try to do is all in vain. So for the love of God, why can you explain this: WHAT GOOD DOES IT DO ANYONE to know this, other than suicidal despair? So the rest of humainty may be going around in circles trying to fix what cant be fixed but theyre STILL BETTER THAN YOU because you Carlinites arent helping anyone, not even emotoinally, you just get off on sowing despair. Why dont you admit it instead of seeing yourselves as some kind of heroes just because "reality" is on your side.
edit on 7-11-2012 by cypherite because: wanted to add something

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by cypherite

God I'm sick and tired of this crap about how voting is useless and its all a sham. And I'm sick and tired of everyone advocating that stupid George Carlin video. Heres the thing. I actually dont care if its the truth. You DONT GIVE ME ANY REASON WHY I SHOULD ACCEPT YOUR TRUTH. I mean what #ing alternative do you have? nothing.... you give none. I put a post not too long ago

Why would I want you to accept MY TRUTH? I would rather you use your brain, and decide for yourself if it's the truth. Then it belongs to you, and not me. That "stupid" George Carlin video has more truth in it for me, than all of the rhetoric of this past election combined. Solutions? Solutions have been talked about all over ATS. I offered a start right in this thread.

But one of the first solutions is to spread the word, and make people aware, which is what the OP did. Personally, I'd rather know the truth, even if I can't do anything about by myself. I can at least get others to consider what I'm saying and make up their own mind from there.

WHAT GOOD DOES IT DO ANYONE to know this, other than suicidal despair? So the rest of humainty may be going around in circles trying to fix what cant be fixed but theyre STILL BETTER THAN YOU because you Carlinites arent helping anyone, not even emotoinally, you just get off on sowing despair. Why dont you admit it instead of seeing yourselves as some kind of heroes just because "reality" is on your side.

Knowledge and understanding. Knowing and understanding, at least in part, why things are the way they are is helpful. At least to me. I don't think the OP, or anyone else who agrees with him sees themselves as heroes. Despair is a lack of hope. If I didn't think there was hope, I wouldn't even bother replying to you, or anyone else on this topic.

Only you can decide if what the OP has espoused is reality. Do the research, and consider all evidence for and against objectively.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Let me get this straight; You are saying there is nothing we can do about so lets pretend its real and just keep going along with it... Brilliant...Sigh!

There you have it folks normalcy bias at its worst. I don't want to believe it I believe there is nothing I can do about it and feel I'll commit suicide if I face the truth therefore I chose consciously to deny it and attack anyone who tells the truth and disturbs my fantasy status quo...

Wow there is some real twisted logic there...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I live in Denmark, and it's amazing in a sad way, to se so many people blindfolded, believing a truth that has been pulled over their eyes. Everyone act and talk like they know all the candidates politics, but when it comes to real questions, the dont know #! it's sooo lame to watch, but also heartbreeaking to view a whole nation, that has been brainwashed. And watching news here, is just as full of bs as anywhere..
edit on 7-11-2012 by pillowhugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

BUT...that doesn't mean you don't vote.

Oh yes it does.
But hey, to each their own. Thats the beauty of it.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Great thread. Lots of salient points.....repeated ad infinitum.

If you think politics is a joke, you are right. If you think its predetermined, you are likely right. If you think that it is made into a huge show, obviously you are right.

and you are here talking to yourself. Anyone who needs to be made aware of this likely already has, and has rejected it. It takes willpower to break mental habits. Not many folks have that. If you do, congrats.....

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

The only way is for people to rejoin the Republic. We've all been duped for quite a long time. Even those who have woken up still can't see that they are members of a corporation. US is not a country. It's a foreign-owned, bankrupt, corporation that rules by statutes. Not law.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pillowhugger
I live in Denmark, and it's amazing in a sad way, to se so many people blindfolded, believing a truth that has been pulled over their eyes. Everyone act and talk like they know all the candidates politics, but when it comes to real questions, the dont know #! it's sooo lame to watch, but also heartbreeaking to view a whole nation, that has been brainwashed. And watching news here, is just as full of bs as anywhere..
edit on 7-11-2012 by pillowhugger because: (no reason given)

Yes, heartbreaking. You see things as they are. I commend you. You are lucky you don't live here. I have to put up with a nation of morons every day.
i was talking to a so-called educated person the other day and mentioned that the US is not a country, it is a corporation. I showed him documentation of the Act of 1871. He said, "Well, everyone's entitled to their own beliefs". People in this country can no longer tell fact from fantasy. You said it perfectly. It's heartbreaking.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

earnestly asking just what is it you people want and the turnout was such FAIL (not so much the quality of responses but the quantity) Carlin himself says he has no solution just "# hope" You and people like Carlin who you idolize just think its so important that everybody know that ....lets see... that life is a nothing but a snowall of pain, that they are all slaves and that anything they or anyone else try to do is all in vain. So for the love of God, why can you explain this: WHAT GOOD DOES IT DO ANYONE to know this, other than suicidal despair? So the rest of humainty may be going around in circles trying to fix what cant be fixed but theyre STILL BETTER THAN YOU because you Carlinites arent helping anyone, not even emotoinally, you just get off on sowing despair. Why dont you admit it instead of seeing yourselves as some kind of heroes just because "reality" is on your side.
edit on 7-11-2012 by cypherite because: wanted to add something

Ok, I have an alternative. Get out of the corporation known as United States and join the Republic where you vote in people that actually represent you. Very simple. Stop being a tax-payer and become a non-taxpayer. I did it.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Although, I am pretty damn anit government, anti american (built this land on slaves).

But i know that people have died enough so that we can vote, voting does matter

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
It's a reality show folks nothing more it is all scripted it's not real. Who gets kicked off the island all the others have been eliminated and its down to two... LOL!

Isn't it amazing how close the race is and the battle back and forth one day one is ahead and another day the other is ahead and now they are neck and neck right at the finish and you are being set up for another legal battle to decide who won...

Its worse then Jersy shore and just like it people are all caught up in it thinking they actually have a say in who wins...

People are arguing over what's best because of what the actors are saying Obama is for clean energy Romney is for more war blah blah when the same agenda marches forward no matter who gets elected. Obama is following the same agenda Bush did invading the 7 middle eastern countries that was planned before either of them were in there. Romney will do the same...

i don't know how they get so many to believe it is real but gotta hand it to them they have fooled millions for decades... Like I say must be the water and food supply the majority succumb to all the chemicals that castrate the populous so to speak...

edit on 6-11-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

Well it's real alright. However it may unfold, you can be sure that it will unfold.

I believe that a scripted outcome is not as easy as you might want to think. We're not living events as thought they have already happened. There are many interested people who are eager to have a say in the future. And I think what we really need to understand, is that omnipotence is reserved for the gods. The occupant of the position of The President of The United States, representing 300,000,000 + citizens, I would think holds a position of power and influence. With an active, engaged citizenry, the position becomes more important. I think the type of man in this position matters.

I think what a real tell of what is to come, is the relationship Obama takes with the citizen. Will he excuse them form the classroom like he did last term? Or, will he turn to them, with direct appeals to, involvement, and resolve.

I think where we are missing it here is understanding; understanding ,by the people in opposition, that there can be agreement. First I think all agree, there are significant and substantial difficulties right now and even more ahead. Start from here

Want a free market? Let's start with a free market in ideas, a free market in possibilities.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Although, I am pretty damn anit government, anti american (built this land on slaves).

Voting only matters when the vote count is publicly verifiable. Sorry but emotional patriotic cliches don't cut it except as triggers for people to shut their brains off and blindly accept the sham vote...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by Jordan River

Voting only matters when the vote count is publicly verifiable. Sorry but emotional patriotic cliches don't cut it except as triggers for people to shut their brains off and blindly accept the sham vote...

Believing is seeing

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Believing is seeing

Indicative of our times as your post illustrated...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyntheticPerception
Nice post OP!

For those who don't seem to "get it" yet watch this short animated film.

Plato lets Socrates describe a group of people who have lived chained to the wall of a cave all of their lives, facing a blank wall. The people watch shadows projected on the wall by things passing in front of a fire behind them, and begin to ascribe forms to these shadows. According to Plato's Socrates, the shadows are as close as the prisoners get to viewing reality. He then explains how the philosopher is like a prisoner who is freed from the cave and comes to understand that the shadows on the wall do not make up reality at all, as he can perceive the true form of reality rather than the mere shadows seen by the prisoners.

SOURCE

Thought this was brilliant, for anyone getting their knickers in a twist about this thread keep watching this until you get it. Then watch it once more for good measure.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by LittleFluffyCloud

Welcome to ATS!

Actually, its not about optimism. Its about being you. If you are the kind of person that tries to enlighten people, then you really are a more caring person. You are willing to risk their disdain because you can see their ignorance or stubbornness and it bothers you. It bothers you to let them be uninformed. Thats so much better than the other kind of person who remains selfish or the kind even helps keep people down. Of course there is a fine line between helping and bothering. Just plant the seed. Maybe water it once in a while. Gently...

You care. I salute you.

Thank you for the welcome!

I think you've hit upon exactly how many of us feel really. Most of us aren't trying to act like we know it all or that we're better than anyone else, rather we cannot bear to see the people who are our friends or family happy to live in ignorance of the world around them. Unfortunately, our roles as the messengers of what we have learned will leave us in the firing line of angry denials and scathing scepticism, as I have been.

I really never say very much to people, just drip a few little pieces of info and see if it piques their interest but more often than not, the hints are ignored and people go back to talking about the trivial stuff. I posted two or three things on Twitter yesterday (just the odd video, cartoon or quote, nothing heavy). One thing was retweeted by someone and that's about it. Who knows, I just might have planted a seed in the minds of a few people. I don't feel comfortable pushing my opinions on others though - I'm happier starting friendly debates with my friends but what I see as a free for all forum to air views, they see as me challenging ideals they hold so dear to them, and then it leaves me feeling like I'm the bad guy.

I won't give up trying. I will have to be patient. We don't know how much time we have until it kicks off properly but we have to believe we can do some good.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I mean what #ing alternative do you have? nothing.... you give none. I put a post not too long ago

Quit smacking the mirage with a stick. No matter what side of the coin you choose, you lose.

When you get invested emotionally in illusions you allow those things to separate us as humanity even further.

Instead of focusing our collective attention on the REAL problem, we argue and fight amongst each other over what side of the coin is the right one. Ultimately the coin is the same thing no matter what side you "choose".

That is how we are controlled, The sooner you accept it the better.

I only voted once in my life when I first laid eyes on George W Bush

After what happened I realized it doesn't matter. They will put in whoever they want to further the machine we call government.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Thought this was brilliant, for anyone getting their knickers in a twist about this thread keep watching this until you get it. Then watch it once more for good measure.
reply to post by DropBeatsNotBombs

Thank you. The animated version gets the point across quite nicely. I think everyone should watch the video until it sinks in.

It should be a requirement at kindergarten to understand the concept, then you can move on to first grade.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The show is made out to be overly dramatic because they need as many Americans as possible to get involved and give consent to the growing state. The larger the state grows, the more funding and power they privilege themselves with.

I hope people understand this.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join