It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Amazing How Many Believe The Political Theater is Real...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+89 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
It's a reality show folks nothing more it is all scripted it's not real. Who gets kicked off the island all the others have been eliminated and its down to two... LOL!

Isn't it amazing how close the race is and the battle back and forth one day one is ahead and another day the other is ahead and now they are neck and neck right at the finish and you are being set up for another legal battle to decide who won...

Its worse then Jersy shore and just like it people are all caught up in it thinking they actually have a say in who wins...

People are arguing over what's best because of what the actors are saying Obama is for clean energy Romney is for more war blah blah when the same agenda marches forward no matter who gets elected. Obama is following the same agenda Bush did invading the 7 middle eastern countries that was planned before either of them were in there. Romney will do the same...

i don't know how they get so many to believe it is real but gotta hand it to them they have fooled millions for decades... Like I say must be the water and food supply the majority succumb to all the chemicals that castrate the populous so to speak...

edit on 6-11-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Thats why I haven't voted in any election since... 1980? I can't even remember. On my teeny tiny little level I am the change I want to effect.

Screw their reality show. It means nothing.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

your beating a dead horse, no matter what truth stares people right in face, they will believe what the powers that be tell them, cause if they faced the real truth there whole facebook world would be turned upsidown, and then what would they talk about around the water cooler, or what signs would they put in there yard to let people know how they really feel, its a f8cking dog and poney show and they have duped the masses

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Correct.

Although this fact gets pointed out ad infinitum, it is worth
reiterating in order to remind those who forget or to inform
those who hadn't accepted the truth yet.

Reinforcement is needed to combat and balance the overt lies
emanating from TVs worldwide.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

All a big show. The candidates with their PR Reps, image consultants, speech writers, butt wipers ad infinitum. It is all a huge farce. What I would like to know though is who tells them they get to win???

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
That is the truth, Unfortunately the whole "Freedom of elections" idea is so well ingrained into those people who are active in politics at the "Street" level, the whole idea of politics being a massive fraud perpetuated upon us all is so laughable to them, they could never believe it.

More and more people are seeing the truth of the situation though and are waking up to the fraud.
Before this election cycle started i was talking to a guy through a series of youtube comments, he had a facebook group for ron paul with 30,000+ members.
I told him a number of times, that ron paul will not be allowed by the PTB to remain in the race, that he wouldn't be treated fairly and the best thing he could do was begin educating his facebook buddies to this fact, so when it happens 30,000+ people would see the truth of how mainstream politics is steered and controlled to always ensure you give the PTB what they want.
He didn't believe me, i'm sure he does now.

I hope enough people eventually decide enough is enough and begin some kind of process through which politics can be made to work for the people again.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I'm going to agree...to a certain extent.

We all want a solid foundation. We all want to be fiscally responsible. We all want a Nation that is sound, fair and respected. We want to grow wealth and we want opportunity to abound for all that are a part of what we are building.

I think we disagree as a nation on how to achieve our dreams. I think we have a lot of work to do to find some common ground.

I really, really think that as a nation, we need to go back to our roots and embrace certain ideals while we reject revisionist history. I think that we rightfully admire our Founding Fathers but we have lost sight of what they envisioned for our nation.

You might think it strange but I've always been rather uncomfortable with the idea of "I'm proud to be an American." I've always felt that I owe thanks, that maybe I'm just plain lucky to be an American. I've not served my country but I've reaped the rewards of being a citizen. Pride is something that should be earned, maybe like respect?

I've also always felt stuck in the middle with my feelings. I'm DAR on my dad's side and first generation American on my mom's side.

I don't think that my vote doesn't matter. I've voted since I was 18 and I'll vote until the day that I pass. I'll vote for whoever I feel best represents what I want my America to be.
edit on 6-11-2012 by NiteNGale2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Our problems as a society and civilization are too numerous to list, and new ones arise far faster than old ones are solved. Our dilemma isn't that we aren't capable of solving our problems, the dilemma is that it is more profitable for those at the top of the food chain to allow problems to fester.

This grants incentive to purposely derail any significant attempts at problem solving.

So really what this all boils down to are issues within economics and civil liberties.

Strategically, the key to undoing this unfortunate series of events, is education and self empowerment.

In order to trump the power elite and nullify or neutralize their inordinate influence, it is imperative that people become aware of their surroundings and the facts pertaining to them.

For example, knowing which products to buy, and which ones to boycott. Simply investigate where and how and for what costs human or environmental, these products entail. By avoiding unethical business practices you will raise the bar and living standards for everyone, including the robber barons although they may not realize it.

Knowing that the MSM spins everything and twists truth into lies, empowers individuals to actively seek better sources of information, which increases education levels and thus living standards.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NiteNGale2

First of all, pretty much all history is ' revisionist ' , and it cannot escape being inaccurate despite its quality.
There is no real authority on what is real history, we are left to use common sense and discretion.

Also within your comments I notice you are pointing out the exact major flaw with our system without realizing it.

You are going to vote for what ' you ' think is best for all of us...
But what if none of these candidates represent my wishes? I am supposed to accept what you decide is best for me? This is called tyranny, and I do not consent to it.

Are either candidates anti war? Not really.
Anti corporate corruption and crime? Not really.
Anti pollution or anti IMF WB? No.
Any of them care about Fukushima or our own local nuke hazards? No

You do realize no matter who you vote for you are basically declaring " I support and agree with corruption and strife and degradation " , whether you realize this folly or not.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I've tried to tell people for years that elections are just a puppet show. Haven't voted in over 15 years and never will again.

Don't vote - it only encourages them...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
It still amazes and amuses me to see the partisan squabling on this site. People coming up with some republican viewpoint to bash the democrats and vice versa.

I shake my head and think haven´t they learned a thing the past 10 years? And that's on a conspiracy site.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
I've tried to tell people for years that elections are just a puppet show. Haven't voted in over 15 years and never will again.

Don't vote - it only encourages them...

People tend to repeat false cliches which are opposite from reality.

" If you don't vote, you don't have a right to complain. " FALSE
It's our Constitutionally protected free speech, and voting isn't a requisite.

Also, by voting, they are agreeing with and supporting this corrupt system, so it is the Voters who should shut their mouths because they were conned into voting for and promoting this farce. Also their ability for reasonable judgement is in question, as they are fooled by the simplest propaganda.

However those who exercise ethics and sound judgement by refusing to consent to such a scam, have every right to complain as the totalitarian try to justify their brutality .

Why should I vote when both choices support the heinous war on drugs equally?
Millions of non violent decent Americans are ruined and destroyed over nothing, despite the fact we have the right to choose what to put in our bodies.

Freedom? What a joke.
This is clearly authoritarian totalitarianism hidden under a very thin mask.
edit on 6-11-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by WoodSpirit
It still amazes and amuses me to see the partisan squabling on this site. People coming up with some republican viewpoint to bash the democrats and vice versa.

I shake my head and think haven´t they learned a thing the past 10 years? And that's on a conspiracy site.

Yeah it is frustrating, and leaves us wondering how could it be?

Well the last few elections there were groups from the parties who infiltrated ATS and spammed us with bias and unfactual political views.

The admins here won't put up with it and if anyone can prove 100% a group is doing that, they will get banned. its just real hard to prove....

So you can bet on it as a fact , there are knowingly deceptive political shills around us, hoping we vote for their brand of dictatorship. I call it absolutely immature and immoral.
edit on 6-11-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I do accept that you feel that it is folly. I also have reservations and concerns about our electoral college. But, I don't see lawfully elected representation to be tyranny whether a person voted for a specific candidate or abstained from voting altogether.

Anti-war, anti-corporate, anti-crime, anti-pollution are all important values. Corruption, strife and degradation are the result of poor choices. We need to own up to our choices. Rejecting our foundations as a society causes strife and degradation. Understanding that we were founded not as a democracy but as a republic might help clarify the ideal. We elect law makers and law enforcers.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
What really gets me is that people go to vote and have NO idea what or who they are even voting for!! WHy bother? Well it gives people a chance to feel some type of power. Even if.......

Most of us feel powerless already..........
edit on 6-11-2012 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
your wrong. our votes do matter in changing the country. Otherwise this much money wouldnt be spent to buy the election

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Bang on, OP . . .

Politics and religion are of the same ilk . . . one provides rationalization and a feeling of self determination whilst wading through the crap that gets heaped on you while you're alive and the other rationalizes the fact that regardless of all that crap you trudge through while on this earthly plane, in the end, you die.

It's as regular as turning food into fertilizer . . . just something to make you feel good but generally useless as a nipple on a boa constrictor.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

What you've said in your opening post is true beyond all means.
The current guy is just continuing on what the past guy started.
That's how it works and either candidate will not change.
(Although their campaign "HOPE" or "Change" would have you believe differently)
Voting gives people the feeling of control, which they have none.
The candidates can't change the agenda...it's much bigger than even the POTUS.
That's why the same people have been "Advisors" for decades.
They aren't their for looks, it's their plan!
Ever wonder why the same people stand behind the office for decades?
Ever notice how come the POTUS's advisors never have political affiliation?
Because they run the show and know then plan isn't about left or right.

It's about power, money and control.

And those guys have it all.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Also, by voting, they are agreeing with and supporting this corrupt system

Correct. It is very important to the owners of this country that its citizenry vote. They don't care who or what you vote for, as long as you vote. Voting is consent, and every four years Americans turn out in droves to give their overwhelming consent. The higher the vote count, the higher the approval rating, and Americans give them a mandate by consent.

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I know, I know, its been posted a thousand times. Well, maybe it needs to be posted another thousand. He says it better than I can.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Good post.

That Carlin clip may need to be posted a billion times.
And on every TV channel daily at random intervals.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join