It's Amazing How Many Believe The Political Theater is Real...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by cypherite

WHAT GOOD DOES IT DO ANYONE to know this, other than suicidal despair?

I know it may seem like you are going to die if you don't vote, but really you won't. That should show you how deeply you've been indoctrinated into the system. That if you abstain from it you will surely die. Trust me you won't. The "sickness you feel" about hearing it means you are struggling against the programming you have received and are fighting the truth of that.

If you were okay with your belief system, you wouldn't be getting so defensive about it. It's okay to think that there are no alternatives or any thing new to learn, but that might mean you are close minded about it. That is how know it alls behave and we both know we can never know it all. So why not explore (not saying accept) just explore differences in the way we have always done things.

If you are doing or believing in some thing because you have been doing it all your life or because everyone else is doing it or because someone told you to, then I would say that is not from your heart.

If you feel sudden deep anxiety because you question the world around you, then that is surely a sign of external programming. Like all of us we are programmed from early on. That we have to go along if we want to survive and be happy. Nothing could be further from the truth. Get past the anxiety of looking into what you have learned. It won't harm you to simply look. If you don't like what you see then no harm done.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleFluffyCloud

That was beautiful. I would shower you with stars for that but I am only able to give you one.

One thing was retweeted by someone and that's about it. Who knows, I just might have planted a seed in the minds of a few people.

You never know. You might be surprised though. I bookmarked your post to use in the future if you don't mind.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I've often wondered what would happen if we had a nationwide boycott on 'selection' day ... it would so interesting to see us all stay at home and see who 'wins'.

I wasn't going to vote this time but I wanted to vote against Obama AND Romney. Can you say 'puppets'?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NellahB
I've often wondered what would happen if we had a nationwide boycott on 'selection' day ... it would so interesting to see us all stay at home and see who 'wins'.

I wasn't going to vote this time but I wanted to vote against Obama AND Romney. Can you say 'puppets'?

The media would probably report false poll counts.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Let me get this straight; You are saying there is nothing we can do about so lets pretend its real and just keep going along with it... Brilliant...Sigh!

There you have it folks normalcy bias at its worst. I don't want to believe it I believe there is nothing I can do about it and feel I'll commit suicide if I face the truth therefore I chose consciously to deny it and attack anyone who tells the truth and disturbs my fantasy status quo...

Wow there is some real twisted logic there...

Nothing twisted about it at all. It is natural for humans to experience cognitive dissonance and violent reactions to being disillusioned.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Funny that I can create threads saying the exact same thing, yet they get nowhere near the same amount of stars/responses. (Not that I'm in it for the popularity, just that ATS is a quirky place sometimes!)

Romney-Obama: The Inevitable Puppet Showdown

More Phony Than WWE: Why Romney Won Round One

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

Funny that I can create threads saying the exact same thing, yet they get nowhere near the same amount of stars/responses. (Not that I'm in it for the popularity, just that ATS is a quirky place sometimes!)

Romney-Obama: The Inevitable Puppet Showdown

More Phony Than WWE: Why Romney Won Round One

Yeah it is definitely quirky. Sometimes I think I posted a really profound thread and it hardly gets any interest. Other times I post something and feel it won't get much attention and it goes off the rails...

On another note I was noticing all the post election threads and how people are still all caught up in it like WWE fans. Claiming America spoke and are all happy their guy won or sad their guy lost and still bickering with each other over it gloating or angry like it was all real... Sad but entertaining...

Gotta hand it to the elite they have the majority of people believing they have the right to vote on nearly every aspect of each others lives. They believe the 51% has the absolute right to tell the other 49% what to do but the kicker is the vote is rigged so it is really the oligarch telling the people what to do and they think they voted it all in. Nothing like being tricked into consenting to your own slavery...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

That was beautiful. I would shower you with stars for that but I am only able to give you one.

Oh, why thank you again! I had a a serious case of speaking from the heart on that one and I'm glad it resonated with you. Your idea of planting a seed of thought is inspiring and demonstrates the fact that subtlety or peaceful discussion can be just as effective, if not more so than ranting and raving at people (which makes people close their hearts and minds if anything).

One thing was retweeted by someone and that's about it. Who knows, I just might have planted a seed in the minds of a few people.

You never know. You might be surprised though. I bookmarked your post to use in the future if you don't mind.

Feel absolutely free to do so.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Thank you.

...peaceful discussion can be just as effective, if not more so than ranting and raving at people...

Uh huh. keep your hands and feet in the car at all times on ATS...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The elections are real in so far as they happened. The changes the ensuing results will yield are as real as the sub prime crisis, Iraq / Afghanistan wars, continued mass shootings...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I'm okay with those who honestly believe theres a different, better way to achieve that which things like elections make them think theyre achieving: positve (if slow)change for the better, the opportunity to have some control in affecting the state of ones nation. Thats just not the vibe I get from the likes of the OP Carlin and many of the others. It's just talking about how people are fools for thinking they have any hope or control, and in such a sickeningly mocking way, with thinly veiled contempt at the common man. Also a attitude I notice in this thread is one that I would consider controversial for me to argue against: this treating of truth and reality as something of intrinsic value, something that either needs to be known for its own sake or the knowledge of it makes you somehow superior, even if said truth has no other value. I've developed a philosophy against this notion but thats for a rant/essay i plan on making (someday I hope) which will elaborate on this.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

You are a fool for believing in this sideshow.

Its totally rigged for the elite's selected puppet to win.

Stop being a sheeple stop blindly following a "leader".

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Uh huh. keep your hands and feet in the car at all times on ATS...

Will do!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by cypherite
I'm okay with those who honestly believe theres a different, better way to achieve that which things like elections make them think theyre achieving: positve (if slow)change for the better, the opportunity to have some control in affecting the state of ones nation. Thats just not the vibe I get from the likes of the OP Carlin and many of the others. It's just talking about how people are fools for thinking they have any hope or control, and in such a sickeningly mocking way, with thinly veiled contempt at the common man. Also a attitude I notice in this thread is one that I would consider controversial for me to argue against: this treating of truth and reality as something of intrinsic value, something that either needs to be known for its own sake or the knowledge of it makes you somehow superior, even if said truth has no other value. I've developed a philosophy against this notion but thats for a rant/essay i plan on making (someday I hope) which will elaborate on this.

I'm new to this site so I am not yet aware of the general attitudes of the people who post their opinions but if it's like most forums, it will be a mix of people who contribute - sensible, intelligent people who have a genuine need to discuss ideas without resorting to slurs or insults, and those who obtain pleasure by being overly-controversial or violent in thought. Of course here, I imagine there will also be those who are angry. Angry at what is happening in this world, at what they are reading about or hearing and seeing, so it's natural that some of that anger will spill out into posts - purposely or not. I guess everybody is different in how they process information and then deal with it in their writing.

I think I sense mostly frustration in some people - it seems so obvious to most of us that the elite/governments etc of this world are up to no good at all and to see everyone around us so unaware of the dangers, it's very annoying. I don't think that's necessarily an annoyance at those people, just that we can't find a way of persuading them of the things we have discovered. Of course, we may be wrong ourselves; we cannot be arrogant to assume that we are so right about everything, but in some cases at least, we have a pretty strong idea we are in the right direction with our instincts about certain topics.

The last point you make, about whether it is worth even knowing this stuff and the value of it made me think. Sometimes, I wonder if it would be so bad if I was living in the blissfully ignorant state like so many do, trusting our leaders and hoping they are doing the best they can for us. But I don't even see that kind of trust in them nowadays - even they kind of know something is wrong. It just hasn't occurred to them to investigate that bit further like we have. I don't blame them - so much of what I've learned about the truths of this world are so nightmarish and sickening, I'm surprised I can still smile at times!

If anyone thinks it's worth being enlightened, just to feel superior, it's a waste of knowledge and their own time I feel. It doesn't mean you are better than those who are unaware, just a little more open-minded...... or more prone to paranoia!

So, as I said, I thought of what you said and in my opinion, I think the value of knowing all this (or what we've learned so far), is that we can use it to avoid some of the traps that are being set for the masses. I know there are many things which we cannot run from (terrifyingly), but on subjects like GMO, vaccinations or, going back to the topic of this thread, the machinations of politics, we can use the information accrued for our own benefit. Ignorance may be bliss, but it could cost us our health or even our lives.

By the way, the planned rant/essay sounds like it could make interesting reading - I like to look at things from all angles!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I think this is true to an extent.
I think Obama was to be president no matter who the two main candidates were. Romney was chosen for the sole purpose of muscling out any real candidates like Ron Paul or a third party, and he was never meant to win.
I think Obama threw the first debate to give the appearance of a tightened up race because you need people to feel like their is a choice and so more dems came into the fold when they thought he might lose. Also the more votes the more numbers you have to play with.

That said, I think there is something we can do about it. I do think that the show is between the two parties in power (yes both parties are in power now, at the same time). We need to get in with a third party, if we can raise up a real candidate and spread the word they will either have to admit it's a show and clamp down control, or give it up in the fact of revolt.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Here's another awesome George Carlin video for an awesome thread!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
They dont even present any demonstration of leadership capacity. They establish affiliations, ask questions about what they are going to do to "fix" everything, and then tell you to vote for who you like the most. Uhh is this the vote for miss america or the leader of the free world?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This is all people have left to cling to. What do you expect? They have to watch what they say because they might be offensive. They have to accept lower wages, less hours and struggle through life with just enough money to make it to the next paycheck. All these people have left is their voting and their mindless tv. This is America.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by obamaphone

They want to believe they still have a say in the process.

Most people are in denial. They cannot fathom even thinking that people in power do not have their best intentions in mind. Asleep sheeple are emotionally tribal decision makers. As long as you have a smiling strong "leader" giving them the sheeple commands they feelsave. They feel save when they obey commands from a powerful "master".

That's why so many people join the power structure as manager minions lording over other obedient sheeple. They want security from a Shepard. They see selling out to the system as security against uncertainty.
Unchecked power can corrupt damn near anyone. Sheeple,Puppet minions,Puppetmasters. All can be corrupted by power and greed.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Obama work for mcdonald cbc and friends
edit on 10-11-2012 by raketata because: (no reason given)
edit on 10-11-2012 by raketata because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join