It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Amazing How Many Believe The Political Theater is Real...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Very similar to the WWF all pre planned and faked yet people still get excited like its brutal reality

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
My father never voted even once in his life and told me it was because it was all rigged against the working man and poor people that couldn't pay the poll tax or get to the polls in time to vote.. After the 24th Amendment was passed,,there was no longer a poll tax he still abstained from voting though he owned his business, could take the time to go to the polls and let his employs take off to vote he didn't... Years later I brought up the question about why he didn't vote and he set me straight about how it had become a ritual like going to church so you don't go to hell, there is no heaven or hell and voting works the same way... He also knew that people could buy political favoritism even without voting but he was never willing to do that either ... The Fox News crap reminds me of pep rallies and school spirit stuff in junior high and how insane some of the kids would become... On Facebook I've looked up some people I knew in school and found that the ones that describe themselves as conservative Christians were the same ones that bought into the cheerleader,football player worship thing... School and Church has become early programming and reinforcement of a system of ritualistic social control that has been used by the two party system to divide the people of the country so they will be distracted by the political elections while those really in control in the background are manipulating it all to retain power

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

You get these blank "deer in the headlights" looks from them and then they just carry on yapping...

That moment that they stare like that is the very moment an engram, like a seed, is planted. Then they go back to their mind set, but that seed is there. Later, sometimes years later, they will think of what you said again and maybe, just maybe that seed will grow. It becomes a thought that plays again and again like a nagging "what if" thought.

When you see that look, you were successful. Not that they ever will wake up, you have no control over that. Just the planting of seeds. Beware too, some will hate you for disturbing their "slumber". More power to you for trying to convince others.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

You should really check out the film "The manchurian candidate". Its about how a politician is bred from the begining to be a future president. All these candidates have "handlers" that tell them what to say, how to say it, and when to say things. The majority of their speeches are drafted for them. Last president who was for the people was JFK, and we all KNOW what happened to him.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXX777

Originally posted by theconspirator
your wrong. our votes do matter in changing the country. Otherwise this much money wouldnt be spent to buy the election

You are correct. The starter of this thread is only falling for the Leftist propaganda that the whole thing is just a show.

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't propaganda used to gain votes?

""You do realize that adults with elementary school level education are out there casting their votes, right? The whole country is up for grabs. The ''show'' is designed to get as many votes as possible one way or the other. The reality of it all is very scary. Life is very serious."""

I know plenty of people who didn't graduate. Most of them voted for Obama. I know this because of
FB.
So that's good right? eta By good i mean good for this 'its all a show' scenario. If you want the majority of the public to vote a certain way and you set up the candidates, and they(even the uneducated) vote fot the right guy, that;s good. right?

One of my good friends paid 0 attention to politics for the last 3 years 364 days, today, she apparently joined some kind of political sport.... #teamobama
ugh

edit on 7-11-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
You should all ask yourself who gains from you not exercising your rights to vote as Americans? Does a group of politicians who make a living with anti-gov propaganda gain? Does a group of corpirate big wigs gain?

I run into a number of people here who want something to believe in, they want a conspiracy and when someone comes along and offers one they buy it up without question, without research.

So, if this is "political theater" then it wont hurt to vote either way. If this not political theater then who gains from making you think it is and who sold people that idea?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurected

Who's buying everything up? What's wrong with talking about it? How do you know what people have researched and not researched?

just askin

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Thank you so much for posting this discussion.

For months now - I've been a silent bystander watching my friends go politically insane in what has looked like a very bad reality show in my eyes. It's as if their intelligence goes out the window when a politician says something, and this whole time, I thought it was me... I thought I was having fake memories when I'd think back on a promise made by a politician during any given campaign (a promise that never happens). I doubted myself. I thought I was wrong and that my recall was a mere figment of my own imagination.

So glad to know there are others who can see what's really out here in the world... others who can look past media spin.

Thank you for this topic... I usually don't read up on political stories here so if a similar discussion is out here, I'd never stumbled on it.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
That's why I didn't care who won this election, in the end America lost.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Is anyone else mad as hell? I feel heartsick, I feel like my soul is being torn out of my body. I know this is a bit exaggerated, but the main reason for this is because it looks like there's more Obama supporters on this "conspiracy" website then there are Ron Paul supporters.

I mean what in the hell!? I feel like this site has turned into a CNN message board.

How can people that know about NDAA, NDRP and the extension of the patriot act willingly vote for Obama? How?! Please someone enlighten me. Every time I talk about NDAA or NDRP, I NEVER get a reply from an Obama supporter.

The only conclusion I can come up with is that these people have been completely demoralized, and all rational thought is gone.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It's called 'keeping the masses entertained', OP.

It allows the elite to nestle comfortably in their ivory tower without fear of too many questions being asked by the proletariat upon whose backs their opulents is predicated upon.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by CranialSponge

You get these blank "deer in the headlights" looks from them and then they just carry on yapping...

That moment that they stare like that is the very moment an engram, like a seed, is planted. Then they go back to their mind set, but that seed is there. Later, sometimes years later, they will think of what you said again and maybe, just maybe that seed will grow. It becomes a thought that plays again and again like a nagging "what if" thought.

When you see that look, you were successful. Not that they ever will wake up, you have no control over that. Just the planting of seeds. Beware too, some will hate you for disturbing their "slumber". More power to you for trying to convince others.

I wish I could be as optimistic as you with regards making even a tiny dent in their minds. I almost got my head bitten off the other day when I indirectly said something which was perhaps taken as a criticism of Obama's rhetoric. (I'm certainly not for the Republicans either, and in any case, I'm from the UK but I have my opinions like anyone else).

Most of the people I know are smart as heck (some more than I, I'm sure), however, it can sometimes appear like I'm pulling them out of a beautiful, comfortable, deep sleep - nobody likes getting dragged out of bed after all!

I know the Matrix analogy is a bit of a cliché, but some people really don't want to take the red pill - they want to maintain the illusion that has been set for them by The Powers That Be.

I think I may need to go and make a very strong pot of coffee........

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Funny how the Obama and Romney supporters haven't really come in here with their political rage.

If I recall correctly, TsukiLunar is an Obama supporter that is why he wants the 'constant reminders of the reality of political theatre' to stop.

Its quite ridiculous...especially when you know its a joke yet you still consent to the B.S.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

I'm with you on the statement you just said. I don't understand why there are Obama supporters here on ATS.

It seems like if this is a conspiracy site,more people would see that the political system is failing we the people.

It saddens me,because I really like this site, and I thought more people would have the same views on all the corruption within the political madness that almost drove me crazy!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by hawkiye

Thats why I haven't voted in any election since... 1980? I can't even remember. On my teeny tiny little level I am the change I want to effect.

Screw their reality show. It means nothing.

The "reality show" may exist on a presidential level, but make no mistake, your vote is worth something.

I 100% disagree with you and the OP if you are saying to not go out and vote.

The President is only ONE item on the list of many things to vote for.

Are you guys saying your vote is worthless if you live in California and vote on Prop 37?

Or if you live in any other state and vote for amendments to your states constitution?

Or the many local races that do depend on every little vote?

....to say that voting is a "waste of time" is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard.

If you you didn't vote.... you're just LAZY.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

You're right. Your vote is worth something. Every time you participate in the system by voting, you consent to its machinations. You consent to everything it does. You can verbally disagree with your government all you want. You can even protest on the street. But your vote says that you consent to ALL they do. To them, that is the only action that counts. Vote = Consent.

Who or what you are voting on is irrelevant. It is the vote itself that is important.

Vote = Consent
No vote = No consent.

I will not give my blanket consent to this government to do as they please.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Well.... this is probably where we have different views on society and government.

Do I consent to having a central form of government? Hell yes.

Do I consent to allow individuals to represent local populations and speak out for them? Hell yes.

Do I consent to having a lawful society and not anarchy? Hell yes.

Some of you guys act like change can't happen.... that's just not true... change does happen... it just takes longer than we'd hoped.

I do want our World to come together and have Global organizations that advance the exploration of space, medical technology, robotics, and other such stuff that requires the combined knowledge of millions of people.

All of this DOES require some form of unity....which might translate to people voting.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This world of humans is all structured because of peoples beliefs. If someone is convincing enough they can make things happen but it doesn't mean what they make happen is right or if it will last. The economies of the world are based on belief in the economy, none of it is real. War is fought because of belief also and religious beliefs are also part of the driving forces of Humanity. People control or steer others beliefs and remain in charge. None of this is real, we live in a world full of idiotic beliefs which makes it necessary to follow the dominant belief or become an outcast from the society you live in.

Yes, the political ploy is just a Hollywood style production. It is a waste of money that the consumer pays for. All these contributions are passed on to the consumer in the end as are all the costs of all the competative things that people do. This makes the people have to work harder just to survive. We are all fools. Do we need everything we have? Not really. If we lived within our means, we would be able to survive without having to work full time. The more you spend, the more you have to work. This philosophy is in direct contradiction to the economy. We are destroying our planet to make things easier yet things are getting more complicated and costlier. It is a good thing we are destroying our ability to survive before we destroy this planet.

Soon I will be graduating from this world but my new job will be based on what I have learned. I would prefer to learn what is real, not the misconceptions from this world.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

You are correct but voting by the masses is done in every single country, as far as I know.

So is it a "reality show"? Sure. Are the participants "actors". Sure. Should we vote? Absolutely. Why?

Think of the consequences of not voting. The whole freaking world is watching the United States to see how our elections turn out. While you and others here may not vote because you think it's a dog and pony show, you are in the minority...in every single category and for every single participating country.

We lose credibility as a nation and as a leader on the world stage if we compromise what we stand for as a nation and a set of people. There are no options. The script has been set by TPTB and even if you don't follow it, it doesn't really matter. The masses will always do what they feel is right.

The same goes for societal organized activities such as church and school attendance. It's conditioning, sure, but it keeps things in order and prevents chaos. Until you and anyone else can come up with a viable option that the masses will follow, people will always gravitate to something they can identify with and pass down to generations.

It is what it is.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Yeah, it's easy to see that while the process may be a legitimate contest of some sort... that it doesn't matter because the elite, industrialist, robber baron oligarchy run the show and own both "candidates." As I always say the two cronies they give us in the illusion of are: "Oligarch tested, oligarch approved."

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join